Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
gently caress all that, slab city or bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Also, while we may not have rain in california we do have a lot of fire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The two days I spent in Sacramento 12 years ago were the worst and thus I base my opinion on the entire state on that experience.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

The two days I spent in Sacramento 12 years ago were the worst and thus I base my opinion on the entire state on that experience.

Sacramento is actually pretty good if you stay out of the suburbs (and if you are downtown, walk more than 3 blocks from your hotel).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I left my wallet in El Segundo.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

The proper name is excremento.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

You keep that Harry Potter poo poo out of here.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Ironically I read that while I'm taking a dump so apocalyptic I need to tell someone lest I pull an elvis

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Accelliarmus!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

kastein posted:

Don't you live in Indiana or something?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I don't know how many more times I could have told these guys to pull the loose tube un-armored fiber by the kevlar. Now the fiber guys are here to fusion splice and mad poo poo is broken and I am just sitting here like yeah I told ya so...

On the plus side I got into a big argument with the PM and the boss when I expressed my frustrations with the company and now they are offering me more money to stay and they are also gonna start bidding on VDV jobs as well so I can run them as opposed to only doing this pussy rear end A/V work.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

nm posted:

Hell loving no!

I live in a shithole town in western mass and still wouldn't move to california. :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

kastein posted:

Hell loving no!

I live in a shithole town in western mass and still wouldn't move to california. :v:

We'll keep enjoying our rust free 40 year old cars.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

nm posted:

You're thinking of Rhyno

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

mariooncrack posted:

You're thinking of Rhyno

And it's not so much "live" as it is "no real choice at this point."

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

14 INCH DICK posted:

Don't forget Methdesto

We were mentioned in an episode of meth stuff on the Discovery channel.. Actually Escalon was, but whatever.. Close enough, even then it's been slowly moving to Angels Camp/Jackson region for the past decade. Methdesto is too populous and expensive since we're a bedroom community to the bay these days for meth operations.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

And it's not so much "live" as it is "no real choice at this point."

You always have a choice. I moved out of Indiana, twice. Ohio is better. That is a sad, but true sentence.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Michigan is even better than Ohio :)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Whatever Kastein, you live super close to BT's.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

nm posted:

Is there really a difference between Sacramento and the Midwest? Not like the rural midwest, but not somewhere actually cool like Chicago. It's flat and boring and there's nothing to do that doesn't involve getting drunk and I hate it here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

You always have a choice. I moved out of Indiana, twice. Ohio is better. That is a sad, but true sentence.

Well right now with two dying family members we don't dare leave. Maybe in a year or two I'll escape again.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tusen Takk posted:

Michigan is even better than Ohio :)

The Winters make that statement untrue (except for NE Ohio, and gently caress that place). Surprisingly, once you get away from the lake(s), it becomes a lot more temperate.

Rhyno posted:

Well right now with two dying family members we don't dare leave. Maybe in a year or two I'll escape again.

You can always come back for the wakes/funerals.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

drat, I just learned that there is a new live action The Jungle Book movie coming out next year. I didn't really care about seeing it until I saw Christopher Walken is playing King Louie. That's going to be such a mismatch it's going to be awesome! Hackers awesome, if you will.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Man I feel nad for the other dude on my crew. Since our most experienced A/V quit he has had to solder all the microphone input connections since I don't really have any soldering skills to speak of. I walked downstairs after 10 hours today to find him laying on the floor with tons of back pain from being hunched over all day.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

meatpimp posted:

The Winters make that statement untrue (except for NE Ohio, and gently caress that place). Surprisingly, once you get away from the lake(s), it becomes a lot more temperate.

Cleveland isn't all that bad.

At least it's not Detroit :smug:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Sinestro posted:

Is there really a difference between Sacramento and the Midwest? Not like the rural midwest, but not somewhere actually cool like Chicago. It's flat and boring and there's nothing to do that doesn't involve getting drunk and I hate it here.
Yes? I'm sorry you don't go outside much.
If you look to the east you may notice a giant mountain range that is under an hour away.
I'm not sure what you're into, but there'sa reasonable theater and music scene to, though the bands I like tend to go to more redneck places.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Today was a bad day to find out my mot expired nearly a week ago, but my wife picked up the parts I needed while I was at work so I could fit them this evening and drop it in tomorrow morning. Everything's been so stressful and chaotic with the move I clear forgot and feel stupid.

Yeah, PO monkey-hosed the handbrake mechanisms both sides, plus a bunch of corrosion that means I had to get creative with bolts and washer combinations to get it back together and safe. Then the loving (new)wear sensor broke as I put it in by hand. Not pleased.

Buttoned it all up with a quick test drive and realised the hazard lights don't work :suicide:

How bad an idea would it be to transplant a whole rear subframe from a lower mileage less rusty one in the scrapper's? About to hit 200,000 on this thing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

How bad an idea would it be to transplant a whole rear subframe from a lower mileage less rusty one in the scrapper's? About to hit 200,000 on this thing.
Probably not a bad idea, but I'd take the extra time to rebuild it with new bushes and repaint it etc.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

mariooncrack posted:

Cleveland isn't all that bad.

At least it's not Detroit :smug:

I left the Akron area for good more than 8 years ago. I wish I had done it sooner. Just a hundred miles South makes a HUGE difference in weather. It's not continually cloudy/gloomy and we get like 1/2 of the snowfall. No downsides.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
1250kms on the bike in just 20 days. I'm going to see a massage therapist. I am not looking forward to this at all it is gonna hurt

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

meatpimp posted:

I left the Akron area for good more than 8 years ago. I wish I had done it sooner. Just a hundred miles South makes a HUGE difference in weather. It's not continually cloudy/gloomy and we get like 1/2 of the snowfall. No downsides.

If you moved 100 miles south of Akron that puts you somewhere between Cambridge and Marietta.

I'll deal with the weather if it means I don't have to drive 45 minutes one way to get to the grocery store, or be surrounded by crushing poverty.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

Hell loving no!

Aren't you on your way to Chicago tonight? Hope you brought your umbrella. Should be a lovely weekend...

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Man I feel nad for the other dude on my crew. Since our most experienced A/V quit he has had to solder all the microphone input connections since I don't really have any soldering skills to speak of. I walked downstairs after 10 hours today to find him laying on the floor with tons of back pain from being hunched over all day.

Soldering is literally the easiest thing in the world. Make your splices look like this:

then heat the wire with the soldering iron, and lay solder on it making sure it flows into the cracks. Done.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

meatpimp posted:

Where are you living now? I lived in southeast Ohio for awhile and I wasn't a fan.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Whatever Kastein, you live super close to BT's.
I do, and don't go there anywhere near enough.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Aren't you on your way to Chicago tonight? Hope you brought your umbrella. Should be a lovely weekend...
I actually got in last night! Might be up for a yard run anytime between now and Sunday, not sure what day works best or when I am busy yet.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

Soldering is literally the easiest thing in the world. Make your splices look like this:

then heat the wire with the soldering iron, and lay solder on it making sure it flows into the cracks. Done.

Dually noted. We are so under-staffed right now that everyone is just doing what they are good at to get it done. He is also soldering a billion 22/2 cables onto these weird heavy duty input plates, not wire-to-wire connections. He was literally hunched over with a flashlight in his mouth all day.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Dually noted. We are so under-staffed right now that everyone is just doing what they are good at to get it done. He is also soldering a billion 22/2 cables onto these weird heavy duty input plates, not wire-to-wire connections. He was literally hunched over with a flashlight in his mouth all day.

Buy headlamps if you can. They're wonderful.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

At a vape lounge playing Cruising World... Life good.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

nm posted:

Yes? I'm sorry you don't go outside much.
If you look to the east you may notice a giant mountain range that is under an hour away.
I'm not sure what you're into, but there'sa reasonable theater and music scene to, though the bands I like tend to go to more redneck places.
I'm out in the suburbs of sac.
But I'm boring, so I like it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

CharlesM posted:

Buy headlamps if you can. They're wonderful.

Im sure kastein has some reccomendations for one XD

• Locked thread