Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Franks Happy Place posted:

I'm right there too. I don't think I'd start Martin over CJA, but Miller I'd seriously consider. Denver looked baaaaaad.

I'm in a .5 PPR and I need to fill a W/T and a W/R/T with some combo of CJA/Gio/Stevie/Tate/Agholor/AJ80/James Jones and right now CJA is pretty much at the bottom of that list for this week tbh

e: I'm thinking Stevie and Tate right now, but if Charles blows up huge tonight or lays and egg, I might throw AJ/Jones in there and shoot for the moon. If he gets me a steady 11-15 points, I'll probably leave it as is and go for floor.

But as of right now, the only thing I've decided is that I'm not starting Anderson. I don't really blame anyone that doesn't. I wouldn't consider Anderson a "stud" this week considering last week. If he looks more fleet of foot and the Denver offense rebounds, I'm more than happy to give him his stud status back and plug him into my flex ROS

e2: I know projections don't mean anything, but, right now on Yahoo, both Tate and AJ are projected to outscore Anderson

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
If you're not starting Anderson there, the only guy I could stomach starting over him from that list is Stevie Johnson. The rest of those dudes have all have the same downsides as CJA (lovely Week 1s across the board) or are relatively low upside dart throws (Gio, Jones).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I'm starting CJA over Morris in half ppr unless we get some really bad news right before kickoff. I'll be happy with 8 points and think he could be good for it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Also, am I correct in my interpretation of events that Megatron has lost a step? He seems like a guy who is out there to draw coverage now. I'll put it this way: I am basically choosing between Cobb and Johnson in a PPR league.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 17, 2015

MilkDud
Sep 11, 2001

This thread seems a bit more active, so I guess I'll post it here as well. Should I sit Maclin in favor of James Jones tonight/Sunday?

I feel like Maclin will get his points this year, but I also have Jamaal Charles, and gosh dangit, I will always have that "I shouldn't play two offensive players for one team" mentality.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

MilkDud posted:

This thread seems a bit more active, so I guess I'll post it here as well. Should I sit Maclin in favor of James Jones tonight/Sunday?

I feel like Maclin will get his points this year, but I also have Jamaal Charles, and gosh dangit, I will always have that "I shouldn't play two offensive players for one team" mentality.

Except when that offense is doing well, both those players will usually do well. Sit Maclin if you think Jones will be better, not because of superstition.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
CJA has a sprained toe. He's not going to be running at 100% and he'll likely be splitting carries with Hillman against KC's run defense.

Frankly Hillman looked better in Kubiak's scheme. I don't own CJA, but I wouldn't run him out there tonight unless I had no other options.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Hillman or Woodhead as flex in .25 PPR? I really like Hillman but Woodhead looks to be SDs biggest red zone threat till Gates comes back.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Should I hold DGB or cut bait now

12 team PPR w/40+ yard play and 100+rush and pass bonuses. W/R/T Flex as well

QB: Romo, Tyrod
RB: Jammal Charles, Ivory, Spiller, Woodhead, Knile Davis
WR: Brandin Cooks, Maclin, Stevie Johnson, TY Hilton, Tyler Lockett, DGB
TE: Sefarian-Jenkins

Possible pickups (far as I can tell) are: Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Eric Ebron, Charles Clay and Gavin Escobar

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

MilkDud posted:

What Brownhat said, don't overthink things, especially in week 2. Sitting Maclin because he's playing a Thursday game against a tough D in favor of Jones is a perfectly reasonable play.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Hillman or Woodhead as flex in .25 PPR? I really like Hillman but Woodhead looks to be SDs biggest red zone threat till Gates comes back.

Woodhead. One week isn't enough time to prove that Hillman is actually in a timeshare.

The SituAsian posted:

Should I hold DGB or cut bait now

Possible pickups (far as I can tell) are: Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Eric Ebron, Charles Clay and Gavin Escobar

None of those guys are worth grabbing immediately so you might as well sit on DGB and see if anything happens. No point dumping him after one week if you already drafted him.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
I'm benching Maclin tonight in favor of whichever of Stevie J/Karlos Williams/CJ Spiller is sexier come Sunday morning. I agree that "Aqib Talib + TNF" is more than enough reason to fade a guy I otherwise consider a solid WR2.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm benching Maclin tonight in favor of whichever of Stevie J/Karlos Williams/CJ Spiller is sexier come Sunday morning. I agree that "Aqib Talib + TNF" is more than enough reason to fade a guy I otherwise consider a solid WR2.

In my humble goon rack and pinion, the only player worth starting is Jamaal and maaaaaaaaybe Kelce. Broncos D is stacked.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
League Scoring:

6 Pts for Passing Td, Rushing Td, Receiving Td.
1 Pt PPR

I drafted last out of 14 teams.

My current team: (Just traded Kevin White and Lance Dunbar for Eddie Royal) I also just have Ladarius Green for Gronks bye week in 4. I figured he was a safe pickup.

Top available:

I'm not fond of my RB's at all and I'm trying to think of a way to improve them. Anyone have suggestions? I'm hoping Victor Cruz has a big game once he comes back and I can trade him for a low RB2 or something. If Ladarius Green also has a great next 3 weeks maybe I can package him after Gronks bye? I currently have in a waiver pickup for Reggie Bush effectively dropping Matt Jones.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 18, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

old dog child posted:

In my humble goon rack and pinion, the only player worth starting is Jamaal and maaaaaaaaybe Kelce. Broncos D is stacked.

Who's a better play, Peyton or smith?

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
EDIT: ^^^ Smith is gonna dump off Charles and Kelce huge this game. I don't like Peyton in Arrowhead today tbh, which is crazy to even think about.

Today is gonna be a rough outing for both offenses tbh.

Peyton will need to get rid of the ball quickly, KC isn't gonna let him do anything. I do see DT having a big high-reception game though.

On the other hand, I am not sure how much of Denver's week 1 defensive performance had to do with Kubiak being the Ravens loving offensive coordinator last year. I see KC being able to get theirs more than Denver will in Arrowhead.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BigFactory posted:

Who's a better play, Peyton or smith?

I think both of them will get destroyed

e: I hate to say it but probably Alex Smith

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just traded Demaryius Thomas and Benny Cunningham for Dez Bryant and CJ Spiller. Trade doesn't go through til Tuesday so won't affect this week's action luckily. Not sure I'm 100% happy with this trade since I won't see any production out of Dez or CJ for at least a little while, but I've got some options at WR and Flex so hopefully by the time playoffs roll around I'll be all set (assuming I didn't just gently caress myself right out of them).

This week I need to pick 2 out of Golden Tate, Stevie Johnson, and Jarvis Landry in our .5ppr ESPN league. I'm leaning towards Tate/Johnson, but Landry against the Jags sounds like it has so much more potential than Johnson against the Bengals. Any thoughts?

Also have about an hour to decide on KC D/ST or Bills D/ST. I have the Bills in now, but drat it's tempting to toss KC in there. Either way I'll either be kicking myself for 3 days or patting myself on the back for my shrewd play (until they both end up disappointing me). I hate fantasy football.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 18, 2015

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Denver was hot trash against TEs last year, I have a four foot boner thinking about Kelce going wild tonight. :getin:

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

@Jeff_Legwold: Broncos running back C.J. Anderson on field warming up before tonight's game in Arrowhead. Moving around well...

DO IT. START HIM. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

My butthole is super puckered. :ohdear:

Miko
May 20, 2001

Inspector 34 posted:

Just traded Demaryius Thomas and Benny Cunningham for Dez Bryant and CJ Spiller. Trade doesn't go through til Tuesday so won't affect this week's action luckily. Not sure I'm 100% happy with this trade since I won't see any production out of Dez or CJ for at least a little while, but I've got some options at WR and Flex so hopefully by the time playoffs roll around I'll be all set (assuming I didn't just gently caress myself right out of them).

This week I need to pick 2 out of Golden Tate, Stevie Johnson, and Jarvis Landry in our .5ppr ESPN league. I'm leaning towards Tate/Johnson, but Landry against the Jags sounds like it has so much more potential than Johnson against the Bengals. Any thoughts?
Not a huge fan of this trade. You traded an elite receiver who had a bad week 1 for an injured elite receiver who had a bad week 1. You're hoping the Peyton train has left the building, but Demaryius is a still a first round talent. Benny would have lost his job to Gurley, but nothing is guaranteed and he's receiving almost ALL the touches from the Rams right now. CJ has an Ingram in his way, and his own frail body.

Landry had 8 receptions week 1 and that huge punt return, but he's competing with literally no one else on Miami for targets as a WR1, so I like him in any sort of PPR variant (i don't know if u can tell how high I am on him). As much as I like Stevie, I'm not sure I like him against the Bengals this week, compared to Tate on a fast Minnesota track.

Miko fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 18, 2015

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

old dog child posted:

I think both of them will get destroyed

e: I hate to say it but probably Alex Smith

I agree. This has the makings of a low scoring game. And maybe a sloppy game.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

@Jeff_Legwold: Broncos running back C.J. Anderson on field warming up before tonight's game in Arrowhead. Moving around well...

I feel terrible about it, but I'm going to start him in both of my leagues.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

Also have about an hour to decide on KC D/ST or Bills D/ST. I have the Bills in now, but drat it's tempting to toss KC in there. Either way I'll either be kicking myself for 3 days or patting myself on the back for my shrewd play (until they both end up disappointing me). I hate fantasy football.

I don't like it. DT will produce whether he has a limp dick Peyton or a raw Brock especially since the schedule gets a lot better in the coming weeks. The Broncos aren't really going to face killer defenses during the rest of the season.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

I feel terrible about it, but I'm going to start him in both of my leagues.

:ohdear::hf::ohdear:

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Welp....KC doesn't look like a must play D all of a sudden :sadwave: .

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Inspector 34 posted:

Wait, you traded a healthy DT and Ben Cunningham for an injured Dez (8 weeks) and Spiller? Am I reading that right? You got fleeced dude...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Wait, you traded a healthy DT and Ben Cunningham for an injured Dez (8 weeks) and Spiller? Am I reading that right? You got fleeced dude...

Yeah this is a Bad Trade.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Welp....KC doesn't look like a must play D all of a sudden :sadwave: .

I dunno, I suspect they still get theirs. You're banking on turnovers and picks there, anyways (plus a likely low score), because either Hillman or a presumably-healthy Anderson would gash the Chiefs decently no matter who starts.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
You're exactly right. I have zero faith in Peyton Manning, almost to the point that I'll put in Landry or Johnson instead of Thomas tonight. I like Romo throwing to Dez a whole lot more once Dez is back on the field. ^^8 weeks Dez? I could have sworn I read 4 weeks somewhere. Maybe I am that dumb.

As far as Benny Cunningham goes, I don't feel like he has enough upside for me to put him in my lineup since Tre Mason is back this week, Tavon Austin got some looks as a RB last week, and Gurley will eat up the lions share of carries once he's back. I can see Spiller having a much higher floor and ceiling once he's back on the field consistently. Like I said though, I'm a little concerned that I'm looking too far forward in the season and might end up dropping too many games early.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Which Johnson? Outside of Calvin, I probably play Thomas.

What the hell, just play Demaryius.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I think that trade's fine if you're down on DT. You're getting Dez who might be dead all season, but also Spiller who should be great in the Saints' offense.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

You're exactly right. I have zero faith in Peyton Manning, almost to the point that I'll put in Landry or Johnson instead of Thomas tonight. I like Romo throwing to Dez a whole lot more once Dez is back on the field.

As far as Benny Cunningham goes, I don't feel like he has enough upside for me to put him in my lineup since Tre Mason is back this week, Tavon Austin got some looks as a RB last week, and Gurley will eat up the lions share of carries once he's back. I can see Spiller having a much higher floor and ceiling once he's back on the field consistently. Like I said though, I'm a little concerned that I'm looking too far forward in the season and might end up dropping too many games early.

The problem is that historically Dez's injury tends to be a lot longer than the 4-6 weeks, or even 8, that some people are throwing around. He could quite conceivably not return until after the fantasy season is over. And you gave up a top 10 receiver for that.

DT probably won't have numbers as good as last year, but he's still an elite WR.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

If you are really down on Manning and think he has a stinker season, you also have to account for the fact that if he goes 2-6 or whatever over the first half, he might well just retire then and there.

And if Brock Osweiler is then the QB (either for the above reason, or due to Manning getting "injured" to save his face, or actually really getting injured, etc. etc.), Demaryius Thomas is an elite WR now catching passes from a tunnel-vision-having terrified rookie QB. Which is to say, still a good WR1.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Starting CJ Anderson with no regrets and that's my

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I guess part of my concern is that there are all kinds of players who were great receivers when THE Peyton Manning was throwing to them. Eric Decker, Pierre Garcon, Reggie Wayne (yeah yeah he just got old), but they all went to poo poo after. I really don't think Peyton is coming back this time and I feel like Demaryius is just another receiver who's production will steeply decline since Peyton just hasn't played like himself for half a year. How many mediocre/bad games does it take to admit that Peyton Manning just can't do it anymore? The trade was definitely a gamble, but whatever, payoff could be great at the end of the season.

^^ Do you really see Peyton Manning sitting on the bench and letting Osweiller play? Or actually retiring mid season? I think he goes full on Favre and strings this career out as long as possible.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Who says no to this trade in PPR: Greg Olson for Martavis Bryant? The guy with Bryant has Ertz/Ebron as his TEs right now.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Inspector 34 posted:

I guess part of my concern is that there are all kinds of players who were great receivers when THE Peyton Manning was throwing to them. Eric Decker, Pierre Garcon, Reggie Wayne (yeah yeah he just got old), but they all went to poo poo after. I really don't think Peyton is coming back this time and I feel like Demaryius is just another receiver who's production will steeply decline since Peyton just hasn't played like himself for half a year. How many mediocre/bad games does it take to admit that Peyton Manning just can't do it anymore? The trade was definitely a gamble, but whatever, payoff could be great at the end of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Inspector 34 posted:

^^ Do you really see Peyton Manning sitting on the bench and letting Osweiller play? Or actually retiring mid season? I think he goes full on Favre and strings this career out as long as possible.

Even if you're this down on DT's prospects though you could have turned him into something better than injured Dez IMO

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Who says no to this trade in PPR: Greg Olson for Martavis Bryant? The guy with Bryant has Ertz/Ebron as his TEs right now.

1ppr I like Olsen by a significant margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm still not starting Anderson, but the fact that he's moving well on a short week is a great sign. I feel like his ceiling tonight is like 22 touches for 80 yards and I'd target chase those 9 points with one of my WRs than throw him in there any pray that when they get to the redzone, he doesn't get passed up for DT/Daniels or vultured/gameflowed by hillman.

• Locked thread