Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

Where the heck do you put all the little extra doodads that come with them, you mad man?

They stay in the box, but I don't have it out on display so I don't really care if it has a hosed up corner or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

why are there so many posts

good god

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm going to buy Kanbaru and Karen nendos some day.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mintergalactic posted:

and yes I did just doxx myself thanks for asking

yeah i'm coming for you now that i know that even on an anime forum i'm surrounded by other jacobs

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

a kitten posted:

good god

what are they good for?

absolutely nothing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

I know there's the rare exception, but by and large, forum posts can't fix brain problems.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

good god

I know, I can't believe I've fallen behind because of things like responsibilities and commitments, ugh.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Motto posted:

yeah i'm coming for you now that i know that even on an anime forum i'm surrounded by other jacobs

I have like 3 friends named jacob it's really something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also i bought an amiibo because i wanted to mess with it in smash 4 but i cant imagine buying every single one just to have. they're insanely poorly made and very overpriced.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

its fun having friends with the same name. enemies with the same name however...

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I have the Splatoon amiibos and a Sheik, for Smash. I do want a Yarn Yoshi though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a kitten posted:

good god

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

I know, I can't believe I've fallen behind because of things like responsibilities and commitments, ugh.

Responsibilities can go gently caress themselves imo

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

I'm going to buy Kanbaru and Karen nendos some day.

:yeah:

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

also I just checked and yep I conquered another chat thread, i'm simply too powerful

bow to me

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

You guys post a lot.

I'm glad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

NoA are shitheels who lie about the amount of amiibos theyre going to ship to distribution centers which then just makes companies mad at the distributors when they only can ship 3000 of the 30000 promised Dr Mario amiibo or w/e.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mintergalactic posted:

whenever i'm outside i hear somebody call my name, only realizing after turning that it was for one of the other half-dozen jacobs that surround me at all times

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Motto posted:

whenever i'm outside i hear somebody call my name, only realizing after turning that it was for one of the other half-dozen jacobs that surround me at all times

those feels...I know them

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

lol

Amiibos

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mintergalactic posted:

also I just checked and yep I conquered another chat thread, i'm simply too powerful

bow to me

What other threads have you even conquered.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm proud to be named after a river that nobody cares about.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mintergalactic posted:

bow to me

Never :argh:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My first name has gotten very common lately. Just kids though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Srice posted:

Part of it might be nostalgia talking but dang, I really enjoyed the early parts of all the big 3 jump series.

I wish they knew when to quit.
I rag on Bleach a lot, but everything up until they enter the Soul Society is actually really, really good. One Piece managed to stay fresher longer, but bit by bit some weaknesses crept in.

Although I tend to give One Piece more credit than Bleach, I've criticized Oda's ability to write fights a few times - though really, it's not exclusively his problem. The first few fights in One Piece are pretty spiffy though (with the exception of Zoro's), which makes me want to rediscover exactly when I felt they ran out of steam.

I also wanna judge One Piece against this rudimentary formula I've got worked out in my head, for lack of a better term, regarding how to maintain a long-running series.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Schulykil? I had a cat named that

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

They made a fourth Ty the Tasmanian Tiger?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

greetings okkervil

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Context?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Responsibilities can go gently caress themselves imo

I'm taking a plane to go observe on a telescope in person tomorrow, and I have to stay up as long as I can the first night to adjust my sleep schedule. Plenty time to post then!

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

What other threads have you even conquered.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3579076

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Parasyte is epic.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Normie Slayer posted:

They made a fourth Ty the Tasmanian Tiger?

Yeah, it looks really mediocre.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

aliens

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I don't even know if this will work anymore but just imagine you see my name with the number 20,000 or so next to it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

Yeah, it looks really mediocre.

it'll fit in nicely with the rest of the series then

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congrats on conquering 502 - Bad Gateway.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Greetings nite crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

I rag on Bleach a lot, but everything up until they enter the Soul Society is actually really, really good. One Piece managed to stay fresher longer, but bit by bit some weaknesses crept in.

Although I tend to give One Piece more credit than Bleach, I've criticized Oda's ability to write fights a few times - though really, it's not exclusively his problem. The first few fights in One Piece are pretty spiffy though (with the exception of Zoro's), which makes me want to rediscover exactly when I felt they ran out of steam.

I also wanna judge One Piece against this rudimentary formula I've got worked out in my head, for lack of a better term, regarding how to maintain a long-running series.

Main character.

Female lead.

Female love interests who are not the lead.

Almost confess.

Sudden swerve.

Almost affirm love.

Status quo.

Almost reject a non-lead member.

Status quo.

What, did something happen?

Yes, and that something was the status quo.

• Locked thread