Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Danaru posted:

Speaking of Metal Gear 2 portraits

Miller, you feeling alright bud? You look a little, uh

... half japanese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I like that DD and Quiet get added to cutscenes if they are your current buddy, like DD riding shotgun when you recruit Quiet or Quiet sitting near Eli after the Metal Gear fight, which makes it seem like he's trying hard not to stare at her boobs

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
RIP in peace Fox Engine
Silent Hill is dead
Metal Gear is dead
there is no ruse
time to grieve and get over it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/17/report-fox-engine-overseer-julien-merceron-quits-konami

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The engine was basically dead anyway. They used it for PES and it sounds like they wouldn't have anyone around to support it if they rented it out. They could sell it outright I guess, but who would buy it? Without the team that built it, it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

The engine was basically dead anyway. They used it for PES and it sounds like they wouldn't have anyone around to support it if they rented it out. They could sell it outright I guess, but who would buy it? Without the team that built it, it seems like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

I still have hope that the departure isn't as hostile as we've been led to believe and they're going to let Kojima use his name for his new studio and hand him the engine as a parting gift.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I still have hope that the departure isn't as hostile as we've been led to believe and they're going to let Kojima use his name for his new studio and hand him the engine as a parting gift.

You're really a hopeless optimist, aren't you?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

They'll most likely send him an 'Tactical Erotic Action' pachinko machine and a hearty 'good riddance.'

Reading that article on how Konami treated some of it's staff explained a lot of things going on in recent months. Doesn't make them better, but it explained some things.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

They'll most likely send him an 'Tactical Erotic Action' pachinko machine and a hearty 'good riddance.'

Reading that article on how Konami treated some of it's staff explained a lot of things going on in recent months. Doesn't make them better, but it explained some things.

Didn't Jim Sterling's source inside Konami say that the article was bullshit though?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Didn't Jim Sterling's source inside Konami say that the article was bullshit though?

Inaccurate, more like. He said that it was still a very hostile work environment, just in different ways.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Phantom Pain is basically Final Fantasy 7 if you think about it.

I blew this off when I first read it.

Then I was like... OH HOLY poo poo

Final Fantasy VII: The Phantom Pain
(A Hideo Kojima Game)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Speedball posted:

Inaccurate, more like. He said that it was still a very hostile work environment, just in different ways.

They had an actual fire whale in the lobby. Took out a dozen people.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Is there a way to save quiet? I"d like to keep her around. Also, if I do a no-kill runthrough, is there a reward?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Is there a way to save quiet? I"d like to keep her around. Also, if I do a no-kill runthrough, is there a reward?

Need to have the butterfly emblem as your logo before she leaves and have it kept on, otherwise she's gone for good, and if she's already left then there is no way to get her back

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Dandywalken posted:

They had an actual fire whale in the lobby. Took out a dozen people.

WHO IS DOING THIS?

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Basic Bitches united in a world of neverending yolo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
It's obvious! Anyone can see that's a chick!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I never, ever, get tired of the part of the MGS3 theme that's on an acoustic guitar.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Venom Snake should have been Morpho from GZ cause he was awesome.

Then after you beat the game every time Pequod shows up Snake mutters "We'll he's no Morpho" and he berates him for being a lesser helicopter pilot.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Just replayed mission 20, Voices, and can confirm that Mantis is wearing Shabani's necklace for a few seconds when he's hovering over Shabani. Interesting.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So who ended up being "Saladin"? Big Boss or Venom Snake? Like now that there are two Big Bosses i'm unclear of who did what

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
For anyone who is confused what Liquid/eli is wearing: it's 100% definitely a beret in a shoulder strap. It's nothing else.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ekusukariba posted:

So who ended up being "Saladin"? Big Boss or Venom Snake? Like now that there are two Big Bosses i'm unclear of who did what

No one knows. Considering they both operate in the middle east until the events of the first MG game, it could be either.

Venom gets killed by Solid Snake in MG. Them the real BB gets defeated by Solid in MG2. At the end of MGS4 we see the real BB.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I would guess Saladin is the real Big Boss, since he's the one training Foxhound and it makes sense for him to be the one recruiting its members. We will probably never know for sure unless a perfect storm of Konami selling the IP + engine to a studio who then picks up Kojima who then decides to make another MGS game which then happens to be about Solid Snake's Desert Storm Adventures occurs. (i.e. never)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd much rather a game about Ocelot than any more Snake's.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Mash X to peel back fingernails.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Danaru posted:

WHO IS DOING THIS?

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRC_TYqENqo

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
A very small part of me, that I hate, kind of hopes a skeleton crew at Konami churns out cheapo Metal Gears. I would like to play Big Boss in Vietnam please. Or The Boss in Normandy.

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp70p7zL6Ec

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Romes128 posted:

Venom Snake should have been Morpho from GZ cause he was awesome.

Then after you beat the game every time Pequod shows up Snake mutters "We'll he's no Morpho" and he berates him for being a lesser helicopter pilot.

Morpho, Pequod and Queequod are all names for the helicopters and not the pilots. :v:

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Morpho, Pequod and Queequod are all names for the helicopters and not the pilots. :v:

Yeah. Pequod is the whaling ship from Moby Dick. Ain't no soldier gonna name himself after a boat.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
It's a good thing that they brainwashed the Morpho helicopter into believing it was Pequod so that Big Boss could use it.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Except Queequeg is the first mate on the Pequod! I like to imagine that Pequod is the heli and Queequeg is the pilot.

And Morpho is a type of butterfly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I found out that if Ishmael dies in the prologue, the game over screen says "TIME PARADOX" instead of the usual message. Legitimately impressed at the balls it took to hide a major plot spoiler within the first area of the game :v:

Come to think of it, it only ever said Time Paradox in the Ground Zeroes mission, the side ops didn't. maybe the pseudo-historical recreations were us playing Venom's coma hypnosis

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Party Boat posted:

Except Queequeg is the first mate on the Pequod! I like to imagine that Pequod is the heli and Queequeg is the pilot.

And Morpho is a type of butterfly.

I think Queequeg was mentioned once - when you meet Skullface on the helipad.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Queequeg is the understudy helicopter and he finally got his time to shine.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So you know how Konami said they'd make future Metal Gear games, just without Kojima?

Well... um. Just kidding!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-konami-ceases-triple-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-report

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

This is not a surprise to anybody on any plane of reality

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So you know how Konami said they'd make future Metal Gear games, just without Kojima?

Well... um. Just kidding!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-18-konami-ceases-triple-a-console-production-on-all-but-pes-report

It's for the best

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I have only one question...

How can I get this in the game:

http://i.imgur.com/BKZdH6g.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I don't even know why they bother making PES since nobody gives a poo poo about it after fifa started getting good again in the late 2000's.

• Locked thread