Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dolash posted:

What did you guys pick there, and what was your thinking?

I sided with David. I can understand both sides of the argument, but David is made out to be the villain so I kinda want to stick up for him. The guy obviously suffers from PTSD and other mental issues, probably stemming from his combat experiences. He realizes there's something rotten going on in Arcadia Bay and at Blackwell, but can't do much about it because Nathan is involved and the Prescotts run poo poo in Arcadia Bay, so he's trying to do what he can. He loves his wife, he loves Chloe and is trying to protect them and be a husband and a father for them, while trying to struggle with his mental issues on his own.

He's obviously wrong to spy on his own family (even though he has good intentions) and I can't defend him hitting Chloe (nor would I want to), but I can understand how he's arrived in this situation he finds himself in.

Codependent Poster posted:

This is why I like the game. David is neither an evil person or a hero. He's just a guy who doesn't know how to adjust to life after war and has no idea how to reach Chloe. He cares about her but can do stupid poo poo like that.

Most of the characters are like that. They're people with good and bad traits, and you can see all sides of them depending on how you interact with them.

Absolutely. I love that in most situations there are no right or wrong answers. Both options are easily justifiable and come down to what you personally feel is the better option.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Sep 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Wait, when does he hit Chloe?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I think it happens if you don't come out of the closet.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SelenicMartian posted:

:v:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, if you stay hidden, he goes ballistic over the spliff, Chloe argues as she is wont to do and he loses it and slaps her.

Like Codependent Poster says though, the fact that most of the characters are so flawed actually works in the game's favour. I decided to cartoonishly stick to my guns and give Victoria no end of poo poo but if I'm honest, she's genuinely not as bad as she makes out, no one but Jefferson really is.

I stood up to David when he was harassing Kate and was pissed off over the surveillance and when he hit Chloe but the more I learned about him, it was clear he's a damaged yet well meaning guy who's trying to do the best he can, even if it is often far from the best way. It's gotten to the point now where I can kind of envisage him tracking down Max to the bunker, finding out about Chloe and ending up in jail for straight up murdering the poo poo out of everyone's favourite faculty member in a public before the whole school. At which point Max really is gonna have to bust out the Polaroid Power because Joyce will probably end up a basket case.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

The conversation with Victoria in the last episode was great and really gives you new insight into her character, if you choose to go that route you can have not exactly a heart to heart but still a very informational discussion about why she acts how she does. Even if it doesn't excuse her, you at least understand a lot more.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?

sout posted:

Wait, when does he hit Chloe?

SelenicMartian posted:

It also happens if you don't manage to hide, and then don't take the blame for Chloe.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I took the blame because every time I tried to hide something happened, and I didn't catch on to how often you can rewind stuff yet. Same reason I just let the one girl get hit with the football.

It is a bit silly though that one of the times you can warn her it's just a roll of toilet paper.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

bobjr posted:

I took the blame because every time I tried to hide something happened, and I didn't catch on to how often you can rewind stuff yet. Same reason I just let the one girl get hit with the football.

It is a bit silly though that one of the times you can warn her it's just a roll of toilet paper.

If you save her from being hit in each episode then in episode 4 she recites poetry at you so you totally should.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Protecting Alyssa from getting doofed in every episode is the game's true mission.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

I'm expecting a massive payoff in episode 5. She could burst in and go "ah wil sayve you Macks" and save the day.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

lovely audio quality, but Max singing Obstacles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2z12d2yaqs

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I finally finished Ep. 4 so it's safe to lurk in this thread again! Even though I got the Jefferson twist spoiled for me I still thought the reveal was super well done but I generally don't mind spoilers.

So far the only times I've restarted a chapter was to save Alyssa :v:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I played this game. I watered the plant in the first two episodes and it still died so I don't know. Maybe I rewound out of doing it the second time and didn't notice. Either way it's gonna be a while before I get over this

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cavauro posted:

I played this game. I watered the plant in the first two episodes and it still died so I don't know. Maybe I rewound out of doing it the second time and didn't notice. Either way it's gonna be a while before I get over this

I think you over-watered it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Cavauro posted:

You are supposed to only water it once

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Cavauro posted:

you are history's greatest monster

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bullshit that was barely any water

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
If Kate's rabbit dies because i over fed it imma throw this game out a window

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cavauro posted:

Max's mom warned you not to over water, you have only yourself to blame

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Geektox posted:

If Kate's rabbit dies because i over fed it imma throw this game out a window

Nah it's just going to get fat. :3:

(I feel silly for asking this but can you actually feed it more than once ??)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think I forgot to feed the bunny :ohdear:.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
Pretty sure you can't feed it more than once. It's nice that if you saved Kate and feed the bunny, that gets acknowledged in a little comment in the hospital. :)

...So no word of Episode 5 yet? They're totally going to release it on October 11th at this rate.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's always been about two months between episodes so later in October would be consistent.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Well, two months would make it late September, no? But I'd bet it would go into October, just hopefully early on. It's got to be so close!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I forgot when episode 4 came out, its been so long.....

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VagueRant posted:

Well, two months would make it late September, no? But I'd bet it would go into October, just hopefully early on. It's got to be so close!

Yeah, I was hoping it would be sometime around now too. :f5:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Well Max's voice actor just posted on her twitter/Instagram a few days ago that they're almost done with everything so it should be a bit

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah, if I had to put money on it I'd probably guess the 6th of October.

e: Possibly a week earlier, too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

So many great games came out in 2015 and all I really care about is wrapping up the twee time traveling adventures of Max and her band of misfits.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kate died, but at least i can save that bunny.

I hope.

oh god did i rewind after feeding it? I don't remember :ohdear:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

a kitten posted:

Kate died, but at least i can save that bunny.

I hope.

oh god did i rewind after feeding it? I don't remember :ohdear:

I tried to save Kate...but she acted irrationally!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sakurazuka posted:

There's always been about two months between episodes so later in October would be consistent.

How does no one realise that it will be released near Halloween? It's Halloween in game.

And then they will surprise-release the first episode of Season 2 the next day. And the game will GOTY 2015 twice because of this. All of this is what happens in my dreams.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
My greatest concern with Max being kidnapped is who is going to feed Alice?

I mean yeah Rachel got shot and we're about to drugged by a crazy man, but will be the bunny be okay? Warren if you feed the bunny rabbit all your creepy stalking is forgiven.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Fans posted:

My greatest concern with Max being kidnapped is who is going to feed Alice?

I mean yeah Rachel got shot and we're about to drugged by a crazy man, but will be the bunny be okay? Warren if you feed the bunny rabbit all your creepy stalking is forgiven.

So that's why he's called Warren

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

spudsbuckley posted:

How does no one realise that it will be released near Halloween? It's Halloween in game.

Do they celebrate Halloween on October 11 every year where you live?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Plom Bar posted:

Yes? Have to start it in September even because Christmas decorations go up next month.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Plom Bar posted:

Yes. Yes, they do.

Now what? :colbert:

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

spudsbuckley posted:

Yes. Yes, they do.

Now what? :colbert:

*this post will have consequences*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix