Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
when is density coming for pc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

halo 5 looks like a bag of poo poo

just get destiny if you want good shootman mechanics made by the guys who perfected the console way

god i hope not.

in my experience, nathan fillion with anything space-related was always absolutely awesome. but i've had childhood dreams crushed before.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
ah yes, "get destiny". solid advice.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Vintersorg posted:

its a mystery :(

so much story was cut before destiny launched - there are cinematics in trailers that never made it live, like the brother meeting you on earth

im glad they got things back on track tho, everything makes (somewhat) sense in TTK

EDIT: TTK is also the Nathan Fillion show, so i hope you like his voice

i love nathan fillion

also destiny has really good gunplay but man it tries a little bit too hard to be ~mysterious~ sometimes

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Squeezy Farm posted:

ah yes, "get destiny". solid advice.

for a clown to shout into a clown college

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

destiny is extremely solid and i am probably picking up ttk this weekend but im a sucker for spartans and fighting the covenant/flood/whoever

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
my stools are extremely solid too

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i too cannot wait for the further adventures of captain boss. what ancient secret and/or threat will he unlock this time?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i wonder if it is a dark ancient secret

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

one that will change humanity… forever… again…

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

yeah its good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I guess they nerfed things or I got soft but my old double stability Shingen-E is no longer the death laser in PVP I remembered it being

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i just finally found little baby liquid snake last night, after a solid hour of punching african children. what a game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

As a Millennial I posted:

i just finally found little baby liquid snake last night, after a solid hour of punching african children. what a game

lord of the flies little bastard

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
hello games thread did you know about the new xbox controller because i certainly didnt

this loving thing is $150. that's kinda nuts. at least it comes with a carrying case. If you want to use it on PC they will be selling an extra adapter, even if you already have Bluetooth (because gently caress you that's why)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

also lol @ mobile users, gently caress ur data plan

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it looks nice but idk why you wouldn't just continue to use your wireless 360 controller for windows.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Blackula69 posted:

hello games thread did you know about the new xbox controller because i certainly didnt

this loving thing is $150. that's kinda nuts. at least it comes with a carrying case. If you want to use it on PC they will be selling an extra adapter, even if you already have Bluetooth (because gently caress you that's why)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hell yah, buddy at work reminded me how much this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKX2YxmZxX4

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
it's a customizable controller for people insanely in to competitive call of duty, who are already paying ~$150 for unofficial controllers with those features. tbh it's cool that MS is offering something like that, and the price is absolutely normal for what it is.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Shaggar posted:

it looks nice but idk why you wouldn't just continue to use your wireless 360 controller for windows.

same

also apparently it's mostly steel? reprogrammable buttons is pretty dope though, now jason pierre-paul can play madden again

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Blackula69 posted:

yeah this is from like... e3

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah i guess but it's coming out in a few weeks. also who pays attention to e3 anymore

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

it's all about oculus connect now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i thought the conch shell & pig head were pretty on-the-nose but then i remembered that this is mgs

if this were any prior mgs game you'd get an hour long conversation about the plots of lord of the flies & 1984 when you saved your game. now instead you'll just stumble on two guys chatting about it and then they're interrupted by your punches

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i thought the conch shell & pig head were pretty on-the-nose but then i remembered that this is mgs

if this were any prior mgs game you'd get an hour long conversation about the plots of lord of the flies & 1984 when you saved your game. now instead you'll just stumble on two guys chatting about it and then they're interrupted by your punches

i actually like that, let the player think about it a little bit

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

oh poo poo it is a lord of the flies reference

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my mgs playstyle: try to go nonlethal but if anybody shoots at DD, they die

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

that is a good way to do things, i hear one yelp everyones getting headshots
i played the last mission lethal, i saved like three people by accident because they were in tanks when i fultoned them out

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Blackula69 posted:

yeah i guess but it's coming out in a few weeks. also who pays attention to e3 anymore

this entire thread when it was on?

or are you just going into a lite-tori gimmick where you pretend to not know anything even tho you post all the time in the games thread? haha :cheeky:

dropped $$$ for the 20th anni ps4 controller, so sweeeet

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

my mgs playstyle: try to go nonlethal but if anybody shoots at DD, they die
I was pretty much 99% nonlethal (outside of blowing up tanks/apcs/helis) until the mission where you have to save the child soldiers. It was just way easier (and more cathartic) to pull out the LMG and go to town on that one.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Liver Disaster posted:

cant wait to be disappointed

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy still best ghost in the shell/warhammer 40k

that first time you get hacked by an ATM machine

cgs: did the traitor caravan mission, didn't even have to fight the skulls because i was able to lure them away then i just fultoned everything

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Vintersorg posted:

dropped $$$ for the 20th anni ps4 controller, so sweeeet

i thought i was gonna regret buying the controller
i did not, its loving nice as hell

id have bought the stupid headphones too if i hadnt just picked up a new headset

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Fabricated posted:

I was pretty much 99% nonlethal (outside of blowing up tanks/apcs/helis) until the mission where you have to save the child soldiers. It was just way easier (and more cathartic) to pull out the LMG and go to town on that one.

i don't think i've developed a machine gun yet. should i

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

if I didnt have the gold headset i would have too - but not gonna dip on that, two controllers is fine, i can use the other for my PC

its expensive again anyways, i think like $100+ CAD

i got it on sale when it was like $59 or 69. i forget

but yeah man, its aesthetically super pleasing - i love this colour scheme

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

watching someone play the new destiny raid

308 defense ghost shell :eyepop:

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

this entire thread when it was on?

i think i wasn't posting much then, there was a bunch of dumb nintendo stuff filling up page after page. i didn't pay any attention to e3 this year, maybe it's just me

i would maybe pay like $90 for a completely customizable controller but $180 is bonkers

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

yeah, its a dumb as gently caress thing and thankfully lots of people poo poo on it hehe

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

i don't think i've developed a machine gun yet. should i
Basically it's like your assault rifles but with more stopping power and much deeper ammo pool overall. If you're just going to shoot the piss out of a bunch of people it's pretty useful; you can also shoot down helis with enough sustained fire.

And if you burst fire you can aim down the sights and still be reasonably accurate. If I'm rolling loud I tend to take the Riot SMG and an LMG. Hose down people with the SMG when I want to be loud non-lethal, then out comes the LMG when there's too many people to bother messing with and the Stun Arm isn't charged.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Vintersorg posted:

if I didnt have the gold headset i would have too - but not gonna dip on that, two controllers is fine, i can use the other for my PC

its expensive again anyways, i think like $100+ CAD

i got it on sale when it was like $59 or 69. i forget

but yeah man, its aesthetically super pleasing - i love this colour scheme

it also feels a little heavier than the standard black controller
yeah, theyre p expensive and not worth it for on the ear headphones

• Locked thread