Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best K-On?
This poll is closed.
Mio 26 18.18%
Yui 21 14.69%
Ritsu 30 20.98%
Azusa 17 11.89%
Mugi 49 34.27%
Total: 143 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

congrats

the first time somebody invited me I didn't even have the game installed on my hard drive lol

nobody ever invited me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

just name it z0g from ADTRW and pop em all on there. i dont actually know if it's that easy but i need everything organized on batoto

I think it would be super rude to do that without Z0g's consent first.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

nobody ever invited me...

i miss your dsp av

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Budget Prefuse posted:

just name it z0g from ADTRW and pop em all on there. i dont actually know if it's that easy but i need everything organized on batoto

He's gonna do it soon. Patience.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

What's redrawn there? I don't have any context

a lot of groups do it but there's a difference between the art as it originally is on the page, which is what the first scanlation group for evil heart did

the art is a bit grittier because its a scan from physical media, what some groups have been doing is taking those scans and then opening photoshop and digitally reinking the entire page basically, to make it smooth and sometimes even vector it to make resizing easier.

It's sorta like tracing over the art because you think it looks cleaner, but I don't like that at all.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Man, a new map dropped in Splatoon last night, but I can also continue playing Shovel Knight tonight. I don't know which to pick.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i miss your dsp av

same

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the only time i think redrawing is kind of neat is if there is a big 2 page spread and they try to make it one page, but even then it isnt needed. redrawing an entire page of manga just because there is some japanese words going through the picture whether it be sound effects, or the name of the manga is dumb as hell and completely unnecessary. i really hate when they try to "clean up the artworks"

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

its also kinda hard to see unless you know you're looking at it I guess, its a minor point but at some point the redrawers went and digitally inked over all the original printed linework, is what i mean

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

a lot of groups do it but there's a difference between the art as it originally is on the page, which is what the first scanlation group for evil heart did

the art is a bit grittier because its a scan from physical media, what some groups have been doing is taking those scans and then opening photoshop and digitally reinking the entire page basically, to make it smooth and sometimes even vector it to make resizing easier.

It's sorta like tracing over the art because you think it looks cleaner, but I don't like that at all.

That's extremely excessive

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I haven't played Splatoon since launch and someday soon I'll pick it up again and get owned a whole lot, I bet

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Man, a new map dropped in Splatoon last night, but I can also continue playing Shovel Knight tonight. I don't know which to pick.

Open your third eye and do both.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought people scanned a page, used the erase tool to clear speech bubbles and then typed in the translation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in shokugeki one scanlation group hosed with the lightning to much you couldn't see the moon any more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

the problem with playing fighting games is that you kind of lose your drive to play anything else, I'm really split between xrd and phantom pain right now and it sucks because I don't have the time i want to devote to both

Same, which is why I'm piss at all the FGs I play but I still love them

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The downside for Splatoon is that it's not Rainmaker tonight, which means I'll be playing Turf War. Plus, tomorrow is Splatfest, which means even more Turf War.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

in shokugeki one scanlation group hosed with the lightning to much you couldn't see the moon any more

yea lol i remember that blow up

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Same, which is why I'm piss at all the FGs I play but I still love them

it's really frustrating sometimes because I feel like I actually could go pro if I had like 7 hours a day to dedicate to playing nothing but FGs but that isn't going to happen

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

I thought people scanned a page, used the erase tool to clear speech bubbles and then typed in the translation

That's all you need, but some people are real tryhards.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/10/poll-vote-for-the-best-playstation-game-of-all-time/

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

That's extremely excessive

They could also just be adding a sharpening type of filter over it, like the equivalent of saix2 or whatev in a sprite game emulator, its lame either way, to me.

spreads like this make me think the latter, here they've blended all the screentone together for absolutely no reason

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Good morning anime chat thread.

Today I put effort into breakfast and made a frittata.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Senerio posted:

The downside for Splatoon is that it's not Rainmaker tonight, which means I'll be playing Turf War. Plus, tomorrow is Splatfest, which means even more Turf War.

Oh what's the splatfest vote

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

screentone is really hard to apply but looks super cool, so its really lame when people get rid of it, a lot of time for the manga artist is spent cutting and fitting it to the panels.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

arisu posted:

Looks good.

In Training posted:

Science vs Art for america

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

arisu posted:

Good morning!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

arisu posted:

Nice work, frittatas are choice.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

what the gently caress even, they are trolling me now, years from the past

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The henty megathread

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Wow this looks like rear end.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

sharky got trolled

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

lol

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

In Training posted:

Art vs Science in US.
Messy Room vs Clean Room in EU.
(Last week Straight Man beat Wise Guy in JP)

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

Art vs Science in US.
Messy Room vs Clean Room in EU.
(Last week Straight Man beat Wise Guy in JP)

straight man ftw

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

:troll:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
this is so accurate to my life (replace school with work)

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

in the next chapter of drinking girls zoglin is going to redraw and color every panel

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daniel is a superhero.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

in the next chapter of drinking girls zoglin is going to redraw and color every panel

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

Daniel is a superhero.

He owns.

• Locked thread