Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is the news app not working for everyone else or just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
my rss reader works great

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

the whole "first world problems" thing really grids my gears. i don't just say this to you but also w/r/t the marco post

it grids your gears becaue you don't like being made to be feel bad by knowing some people have larger problems than their smart phone os not working optimally. like not clean water or only having membrane keyboards at the local Internet cafe. get over yourself!!

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

THC posted:

my 5s runs faster and better than ever

this is my experience.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

OK if we had some centralized authority in the world called the Problem Fixer, i guess it would be fair to arrange all the problems in order of urgency and badness and then have everyone in the whole world focus all their efforts on fixing that problem and then move on the next. in fact i'm all for it, let's begin consolidating all world power now. oh wait that's a problem, maybe that's even a first world problem poo poo what do we do. maybe we should just focus on what's nearest and dearest to us, while taking time to help out other causes now and then however we can?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

PleasureKevin posted:

OK if we had some centralized authority in the world called the Problem Fixer, i guess it would be fair to arrange all the problems in order of urgency and badness and then have everyone in the whole world focus all their efforts on fixing that problem and then move on the next. in fact i'm all for it, let's begin consolidating all world power now. oh wait that's a problem, maybe that's even a first world problem poo poo what do we do. maybe we should just focus on what's nearest and dearest to us, while taking time to help out other causes now and then however we can?

we have this its called money

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Ok ban Kevin now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Ok ban Kevin now

👍🏻 and i give kevin a little pleasure probe to get outsidwe and some fresh air

👎🏻 and kevin is NOT probed, and stays inside to grow more and more twisted + demented

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk whats up with those emoji its some hosed up chrome plugin that doesnt work right and prolly injects ads + malware

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
It is critical that we remember the real victims of the Holocaust: the Soviets.

Claiming that the Holocaust was about Jews is Zionism. Biden is doing it to provide cover to Israel!

Smythe posted:

👍🏻

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

🖕

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
:30bux:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mad Wack posted:

my iphone 5s is running really slow on ios 9

this, along with poo poo battery life, was my initial experience but like after a day of doing whatever it had to do in the background

THC posted:

my 5s runs faster and better than ever

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if marco and nilay got in a fist fight, marco would probably win because nilay is a little bitch

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nilay would show up with his squad

https://pando.com/2015/05/28/the-dangers-of-cliquebait-crashing-the-code-conference-days-two-and-a-half/

quote:

The Verge's editor-in-chief Nilay Patel (pictured above) was also at the same party. I noticed him when he appeared in the doorway of the hotel patio, holding his phone in front of his face, scanning the crowd. Standing behind him was Dan Frommer from Quartz. It's important to understand at this point that Patel is a big guy and, I assume, reasonably strong. Finally he spotted me.

“Are you Dan?”

I was.

He strutted over to where I was sitting and towered over me, still messing with his phone in front of his face. Frommer sidled up beside him to watch what was about to unfold.

“I am going to tell you everything that is wrong with your article," he said. "First though, do you know who I am?”

I did. He was Nilay Patel from The Verge (pictured below) .

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you have to squint but this is a black thumbs down

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Smythe posted:

👍🏻 and i give kevin a little pleasure probe to get outsidwe and some fresh air

👎🏻 and kevin is NOT probed, and stays inside to grow more and more twisted + demented

thumbs up but nothing is halting his sinister transformation

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apple earned the accusation that iOS updates ruin phnoes after the fiasco that was ios 7 on the iphone 4.

but updates on my 5s have been really great and there's no sign that'll change any time soon. ios 8 and 9 made this phone faster if anything. so they've cleaned up their act on that front imo.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
arments a hand wringing bitch, liss is an unlistenable whiny beta who offers nothing of value, Siracusa is a god king who is articulate, smart, funny, and insightful without being hyperbolic who singlehandedly makes atp a must listen.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper
if Siracusa could be on every podcast the world would be a better place. except for the one with merlin mann because he is garbage people.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also last week I had a house party and instead of making a playlist, i used apple music for 90% of the music and it made perfect selections every time. flawless. insanely great. thank you tim

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

buy kevin a new avatar, something chipper

might help

also ban him

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I just wanted to chime in and say that marco is a bitch.

have we determine what the best ad blocker is yet? I want to block social media buttons and also get whompcomic to work again.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

THC posted:

also last week I had a house party and instead of making a playlist, i used apple music for 90% of the music and it made perfect selections every time. flawless. insanely great. thank you tim

yeah i put on beats 1 at a rooftop party a few weeks ago and there wasn't a single attempt at overthrowing the music which was impressive for how drunk & how many people there were. It Just Works

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Does the location matter for how good Beats 1 works? I wonder if Pandora is a better for a wall and ceiling sorta event

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i think you'll note that beats 1 is a global station

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

KidVanguard posted:

arments a hand wringing bitch, liss is an unlistenable whiny beta who offers nothing of value, Siracusa is a god king who is articulate, smart, funny, and insightful without being hyperbolic who singlehandedly makes atp a must listen.

:agreed:

Siracusa is why I will not give up on ATP. I have given up on all of Relay FM though after their whiny, beta behavior. Maybe I'll give reconcilable differences a listen too. But gently caress all the others.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 19, 2015

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
how toaster reviews are amazing

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i miss the old app switcher

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i love how the new app switcher has apps covering up the contents of other apps. thanks timb

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
why cant i make a playlist on apple music and then play it on my phone? why doesnt apple music add songs ive played to the recently played playlist in itunes? why does adding a playlist only work if i click the + button (with no tooltip or otherdescription) but not when i click 'add to playlist' via the context menu? how the gently caress is this interface even worse than spotify in alkost every way imaginable

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

My 6s shipped

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

yeah apple music doesnt have the polish you'd expect, and itunes is still weird after way too many years

after three months of sole use, i still gently caress things up, like rightclicking playlist songs to go to the artist or album page instead of leftclicking the ... that only appears on hover

if i type an artists name and select the autocomplete i want, it should go a page listing all their albums. if i type an album's name and select the autocomplete i want, it should go to that album's playlist. it should only go to a search results page if i search without autocompleting or if there's two artists or albums with that name

for some reason i've also come across artists where half of their albums are on one artist page and half are one the other. for example, the band The Black Angels has two artist pages, with different albums of theirs on each. Phosphene Dreams is on one The Black Angels artist page, and Passover is on the other The Black Angels page. but these are two different The Black Angels artist pages because the albums were released by different labels, and neither of these two pages show that albums from the other label are on apple music, which is weird because there's other artists whose pages show other albums from completely unrelated bands that share their name. for example, the artist page for Madeline lists albums for at least four different artist's albums, all of them on different labels

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

All three free months of Apple Music has done is convince me I should probably just pay for Spotify

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Idk what the 43 MB DOWMLAOD WASHNTN AFTER INSTALLING IOS9 GM BUT IT SPED THINKS UP EVEN MORETHANKS TIMB

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i foresaw apple music being poo poo at first and saved my 3 month free trial for later

the fact that it launched on a june 30th was a huge red flag. its obvious that it was rushed so it could make the last loving day of the fiscal quarter so eddy cue or whoever could get a fat bonus. steve didnt put up with this kind of poo poo btw

it should get better now the grind for iOS 9 and mac os is over

that said i dont think spotify is any better and it doesnt have taytays songs

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

poty posted:

it should get better now the grind for iOS 9 and mac os is over

itunes

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

pretty good in os x right now (unless you want to go full :spergin: ala foobar)

it's whatever for me though since i find it difficult to seek out new music and don't really have an urge to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
v. glad I waited on peace and that I got crystal free and I also don't like the app switcher as much as before

• Locked thread