Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

That is in Sandy, about 10 miles south of Downtown off of I-15. That photo was taken in April before everything turned nice and green. I didn't have any good mountain view photos on hand. I grew up slaying the canyons in my old E28 528e during high school :allears: I love this place and will probably never leave. Only thing we don't have is a beach, but we have plenty of lakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That is in Sandy, about 10 miles south of Downtown off of I-15. That photo was taken in April before everything turned nice and green. I didn't have any good mountain view photos on hand. I grew up slaying the canyons in my old E28 528e during high school :allears: I love this place and will probably never leave. Only thing we don't have is a beach, but we have plenty of lakes.

Yup Sandy Point exit is where we stay. Nice area that has grown a poo poo load in the last few years. Next time I'm out there I need to take an extra couple days to explore the area more or run down to Miller Motorsport Park if it's still open.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Yay, got a 2nd interview tomorrow morning with the company I interviewed with last Friday. They called all my references today as well. Face is shaved, suit is clean. Ready to go.

Also #newenglandai is better than most of this forum.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Playing Forza 6. It owns, the ND owns in it, and rain driving loving owns. The new quirks on the tracks and seeing cars adjust to hydro planing is awesome.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

NitroSpazzz posted:

Yup Sandy Point exit is where we stay. Nice area that has grown a poo poo load in the last few years. Next time I'm out there I need to take an extra couple days to explore the area more or run down to Miller Motorsport Park if it's still open.

Definitely get to Miller! They are apparently going to be taken over by some :bahgawd:CHINESE:bahgawd: company. If the Go Kart track is still up and running I will go race you.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

kimbo305 posted:

Playing Forza 6. It owns, the ND owns in it, and rain driving loving owns. The new quirks on the tracks and seeing cars adjust to hydro planing is awesome.

Oh yea? Well I got Toca 3 running on my beater rear end laptop. :colbert:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

E46 failed mot on two things, number plate light and hazard warning switch. Thought I'd quickly tackle the plate light tonight and ended up spending an hour replacing a bunch of corroded-rear end wiring. I managed to get the hazard switch working yesterday but obviously it's intermittent. Knob.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

I managed to get the hazard switch working yesterday but obviously it's intermittent. Knob.
It's a loving flashing light. Of course it's intermittent. :colbert:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
hosed head bolted to hosed block? Check.
Cylinder filled with rope? Check.
Ratchet strap stuck into water pump hole on block and wrapped around work bench? Check.

Flywheel/clutch and crank sprocket removed by my goddamn self? Check and mate bitches.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Saw a Genesis Sedan 5.0 at the bank. First one I've ever seen in the wild.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Been nearly a month with no nicotine at all. I'm loving dying for a cigar now, especially after a stressful as gently caress day like today.

At least it's the weekend and working tomorrow might mean seeing some cool cars show up at the store.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
i like #newenglandai

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Fast and Furious 7 is loving ridiculously awesome.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I really gotta turbo the Audi 90. It's so anemic, but you can tell it wants to do more.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Got 20 bucks worth of tenderloin broiling while making rice on my lovely cooker in my apartment and something flares up, the lights dim for a second and i see some smoke and sparks but everything seams to be working. I should be good right?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

CommieGIR posted:

I really gotta turbo the Audi 90. It's so anemic, but you can tell it wants to do more.

Just make sure its EPA compliant :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

It's gonna be really hard to convince my friends to see Green Inferno with me. All my friends that love gore movies and Cannibal Halocaust don't love around here anymore.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Just make sure its EPA compliant :v:

It's exempt :smuggo:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GASCHAT

I think my favorite thing about the current "low" gas prices is how they gently caress over drivers who need premium now. I keep a gas log of all my fillups, mileage, gallons pumped, gas price etc and a year ago if 87 octane was 3.79, 89/90/91 was $3.89 and 93 was $3.99. Now, 87 is $2.29 and 93 is $2.99 or more.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

MORE GASCHAT

I made a shredded pork and black bean burrito for dinner tonight; it was so hot it made my eyes water.

And now I have gas.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
GASCHAT

I had a digornio pizza yesterday and added chipotle peppers to it and now my partner in the ambulance hates me.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

GASCHAT

Had to get propane for my gas grill, what a racket that poo poo is. Charcoal is better :colbert:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
GASCHAT

I've been eating spicy habanero sweet garlic pickles straight from the jar while I wait for my spicy sausage, pepperoni, and black olive pizza with extra cheese to come out of the oven. I am preparing to sleep on the couch tonight.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

GASCHAT

Had to get propane for my gas grill, what a racket that poo poo is. Charcoal is better :colbert:

Charcoal is better if you grill once a month and have assburgers.

3-5 times a week? gently caress that noise.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

GASCHAT

... if you have a gas hookup at home, your grill should be hooked up to it. As Hank says, taste the meat, not the heat. :quagmire:

So uh..

Certified letters from the IRS are always good news, right? :stare: Best part is our mailman just left it in the mailbox instead of getting a signature. I thought certified mail always needed a signature?

Phone posted:

There are a few people here where it is useful (see: STR being a pizza driver), but burning calories over regional gas prices? Eh, who cares.

Meh. I don't give enough of a poo poo about gas prices to do more than just firing up GasBuddy and looking for stations within a mile or so of home or work. I'm not driving 20 minutes out fo my way to save 50c-$1 on a tank, especially when I typically get ~25 mpg and have a 13 gallon tank.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I live 1 block over from a Shell and they do a rewards program with the grocery store I go to so I go there 95% of the time.

Kroger? Shell does the same thing here, though the only reasonably priced Shell I know of is close to work. You get 10c/gal off if you get a carwash too, on top of whatever discount I'm getting from Kroger.

:ssh: For some reason they never remove the points from my Kroger card

Preoptopus posted:

Got 20 bucks worth of tenderloin broiling while making rice on my lovely cooker in my apartment and something flares up, the lights dim for a second and i see some smoke and sparks but everything seams to be working. I should be good right?

You're fine. Whatever caused it burned itself out already. No cause for alarm.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

some texas redneck posted:

So uh..

Certified letters from the IRS are always good news, right? :stare:

Audit?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Thank gently caress I can honestly say no to that.

... they're just threatening to seize my assets over the $180 I still owe them.

I set up a payment plan a few months ago with them. :shepicide: I don't have any assets beyond a nearly 5 year old homebuilt PC, a bed, a couch, and some clothes... bank technically still owns my car. Go uh, good luck with that I guess?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Charcoal is better if you grill once a month and have assburgers.

3-5 times a week? gently caress that noise.

I have a Weber Q for grilling chicken breasts and shrimp, easy poo poo that takes like five minutes.

Everything else gets barbecued low and slow on charcoal. I have two Weber kettles, one converted to a pizza oven that I can get up to 700f if I want :)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

I have a Weber Q for grilling chicken breasts and shrimp, easy poo poo that takes like five minute s.

Everything else gets barbecued low and slow on charcoal. I have two Weber kettles, one converted to a pizza oven that I can get up to 700f if I want :)

I use propane for BBQ also. Holds temp for 6+ hours with no work. It's amazing.

If you custom build and weld a smoker out of 1/4" plate, I'd use charcoal again. Propane is just so much easier with zero taste difference.

And charcoal is a waste for steak, because steak shouldn't cook that long. :armscrossedemoji:

Two more years man. Then we grill together. And likely choke each other out, screaming about the internet, NASCAR and football.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

scrubs argue over various carbon based fuels

real renaissance men know the future lies in renewable heat sources

ie geothermal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yO8f-fySnQ

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I used to use gas exclusively, now I use charcoal exclusively. Lighting a chimney starter and walking away for 10-15 minutes isn't hard.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I use propane for BBQ also. Holds temp for 6+ hours with no work. It's amazing.

If you custom build and weld a smoker out of 1/4" plate, I'd use charcoal again. Propane is just so much easier with zero taste difference.

And charcoal is a waste for steak, because steak shouldn't cook that long. :armscrossedemoji:

Two more years man. Then we grill together. And likely choke each other out, screaming about the internet, NASCAR and football.

I dunno, I used to barbecue with gas, to me charcoal gives better flavor and is worth the effort.

Steaks I cook high temps and fast but over charcoal as well, better flavor imo.

When you get back to FL we'll have a grill off, if we don't get too drunk to finish :v:

blk posted:

Lighting a chimney starter and walking away for 10-15 minutes isn't hard.

Also this

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

When did 10 year old 150k+ mile econoboxes get so expensive? I swear everyone around here is trying to get 5k or more for their 01 corolla/cobalt/neon/whatever.

Rhyno posted:

GASCHAT

I think my favorite thing about the current "low" gas prices is how they gently caress over drivers who need premium now. I keep a gas log of all my fillups, mileage, gallons pumped, gas price etc and a year ago if 87 octane was 3.79, 89/90/91 was $3.89 and 93 was $3.99. Now, 87 is $2.29 and 93 is $2.99 or more.

You're welcome. :smithicide:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Great Beer posted:

When did 10 year old 150k+ mile econoboxes get so expensive? I swear everyone around here is trying to get 5k or more for their 01 corolla/cobalt/neon/whatever.

My mom with a straight face last year offered her 03 Corolla S that's been in two accidents to me for $8k and then got all offended when I said that was a terrible deal. I get those cars (excluding the neon) were the first cars that didn't suffer from terrible 90s styling, but there wasn't any sort of quantum leap in cars during that time and they're way overpriced for what they were.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Great Beer posted:

They still work really well and are in some cases better than new cars to drive?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I hope you are all celebrating accordingly today

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

corn in the fridge posted:

I hope you are all celebrating accordingly today

Silver Alicorn alt spotted :v:

They are pretty cute little buggers, I'll give them that.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
the popeyes I ate before my brothers wedding gave me some truly nuclear gas, fortunately it only hit like 5 hours later

I left none alive.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

some texas redneck posted:

Thank gently caress I can honestly say no to that.

... they're just threatening to seize my assets over the $180 I still owe them.

I set up a payment plan a few months ago with them. :shepicide: I don't have any assets beyond a nearly 5 year old homebuilt PC, a bed, a couch, and some clothes... bank technically still owns my car. Go uh, good luck with that I guess?

They'll clean out your bank account one day, ask me how I know!

Terrible Robot posted:

Silver Alicorn alt spotted :v:

They are pretty cute little buggers, I'll give them that.

Im glad Im not the only one here that reads the red panda thread, best thread on the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just got back from my interview and accepted the job. The downside is that the pay SUCKS until my 3 month probation period is over. I am gonna be broke as poo poo. The plus side is that after that I will be making the same amount I make now PLUS full benefits. Never had a job with vacation time before. And hopefully I will get my own service van as well.

• Locked thread