Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I'd like a link to more of his runs on twitch or whatever, too. I need to hear all the bitching, but his youtube doesn't have any saved runs :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Anatharon posted:

Anyone happen to have a link to the full SGDQ HLM 2 run? The one I could find cut off before Duke Bilgewater talked about what he thought of the game, and I was kinda interested in that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVKw2cOBiTo

All he really says is "As much as we bash this game..."

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Every time. I keep coming back to the game to see if anything changed. I don't know why, or what I'm expecting. It feels like the game would have been perfect if instead of all the "AFTER THE MASKED MURDERER" bullshit, it just focused on Beard in his platoon the entire game. I don't loving care about the Fans, Martin Brown, Evan, or any of those other rat assholes, I just want a game with the only person who did something MEANINGFUL in the game that lasted more than two months (in-game).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

Every time. I keep coming back to the game to see if anything changed. I don't know why, or what I'm expecting. It feels like the game would have been perfect if instead of all the "AFTER THE MASKED MURDERER" bullshit, it just focused on Beard in his platoon the entire game. I don't loving care about the Fans, Martin Brown, Evan, or any of those other rat assholes, I just want a game with the only person who did something MEANINGFUL in the game that lasted more than two months (in-game).

None of anything anyone did in any of the games was actually meaningful, and the soldier missions were the worst parts of the game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TheJoker138 posted:

None of anything anyone did in any of the games was actually meaningful, and the soldier missions were the worst parts of the game.

The soldier missions were the only meaningful part of the game because it set up how commander fuckass started 50 Blessings. And, I liked Beard's levels, they aren't that hard unless you try being Rambo..But the fat guys holding SMGs are bullshit, I'll give you that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
You're half right, except the entire game should be about The Fans.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Anatharon posted:

You're half right, except the entire game should be about The Fans.

Bring back Brandon and I'm on board.

Also the Ghost Wolves didn't really accomplish anything. The US still lost the war and everyone died.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Well not everyone died... when they do the roundtable discussion two main characters are missing. One we see for sure caught in the explosion.

And the other we specifically don't.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

Well not everyone died... when they do the roundtable discussion two main characters are missing. One we see for sure caught in the explosion.

And the other we specifically don't.

Yes, yes, Biker probably survived (Seeing as Evan visiting him at the bar prrrrrrrrobably didn't happen)

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

Yes, yes, Biker probably survived (Seeing as Evan visiting him at the bar prrrrrrrrobably didn't happen)

Who better to survive than the guy who lived through murder?

Biker is the Juggernaut.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Level Editor beta might be out late next month..

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They said the secret character is someone already in game, whoever it turns out being I will be really pissed if their power is just Fists of Fury for the third time.

They should have at least called it "Inner Animal" for The Son to keep with the Panther/Ninja/Boss theme.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to make a Mario Maker level with a bunch of fat hammer bros, baby bowsers, fat hammer bros, and one big bowser, and every tile you step on, or block you break will play a glass shattering effect.

I shall name it: Hotline Miami 3: Wrong Number

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Anatharon posted:

They said the secret character is someone already in game, whoever it turns out being I will be really pissed if their power is just Fists of Fury for the third time.

They should have at least called it "Inner Animal" for The Son to keep with the Panther/Ninja/Boss theme.

Secret character...? Did I miss something?

At any rate with no information to go off of I'm just going to assume it's either a columbian or one of those gang bangers at Andy's made into a playable character.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It'll be Richter's mom

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

complete with Trauma movement mechanics

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's gonna be the Duke Nukem-looking guy from the 50 Blessings office because he already has a character portrait and walking animations they can recycle and there are unused gun animations for him in the game files.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

Secret character...? Did I miss something?

At any rate with no information to go off of I'm just going to assume it's either a columbian or one of those gang bangers at Andy's made into a playable character.

A level editor preview listed "The Fans" "The Detective" "The Cobra" (Jake) "The Butcher" "The Writer" "The Henchman" "The Soldier" "The Rat" (Richter) "The Son" and "The [covered by a text box". Biker and Jacket had already been revealed to be in the level editor.

Someone asked Dennis Wedin "Is that what I think it is?" and his response was "Maybe! ;)"

Lastly, Cactus said "the last character is about 50% done, finished graphics, need to do coding" which he wouldn't need to do for an already finished character.

He also clarified that it's a character we've seen before in Hotline Miami, and is not a payday character.

Maybe it's a dog.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 21, 2015

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maybe it's The Girlfriend.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Maybe it's the hobo.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Anatharon posted:

A level editor preview listed "The Fans" "The Detective" "The Cobra" (Jake) "The Butcher" "The Writer" "The Henchman" "The Soldier" "The Rat" (Richter) "The Son" and "The [covered by a text box". Biker and Jacket had already been revealed to be in the level editor.

Someone asked Dennis Wedin "Is that what I think it is?" and his response was "Maybe! ;)"

Lastly, Cactus said "the last character is about 50% done, finished graphics, need to do coding" which he wouldn't need to do for an already finished character.

He also clarified that it's a character we've seen before in Hotline Miami, and is not a payday character.

Maybe it's a dog.

Oh. That's interesting.

The Columbian or The Gangster. That's my theory.

On the other hand... The Colonel...

Edit: I'm going to be pissed if it turns out to be 'The Player' and they were yanking our loving chains, and they only didn't want to reveal that the in house name for Jacket was that to fit with all the other The names.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 21, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hotline Miami 3: Wrong Number - All posts from hereon out until the level editor will be "Maybe it's the (x)"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

Oh. That's interesting.

The Columbian or The Gangster. That's my theory.

On the other hand... The Colonel...

Edit: I'm going to be pissed if it turns out to be 'The Player' and they were yanking our loving chains, and they only didn't want to reveal that the in house name for Jacket was that to fit with all the other The names.

Other trivia: Before Jacket became popular, the fan name they used was the Zookeeper because of all the different animal masks he has. I mean, I doubt they'll use that for the level editor, but it'd fit the theme! :v:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
They just rolled out a patch...for the original Hotline Miami. :madmax:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

They just rolled out a patch...for the original Hotline Miami. :madmax:

Same with HLM2...

On the Vita.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

The level editor is out

for Bloodbath Kavkaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz8waIWj3wQ

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So how about that Miami Mutilator, huh?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Someone on Reddit noticed this.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Someone on Reddit noticed this.

Cool.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Trigger warning: Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/HotlineMiami/comments/3q8dkm/spoilers_thoughts_on_hotline_miami_2_as/

Awhile back someone joked about how The Son was basically a microcosm of Hotline Miami 2's story. This guy talks about it a little more and I think he has a good point. While The Fans are obviously a metaphor for, well, the fans, he goes into the idea of the mafia characters representing the creators.

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
http://dennaton.blogspot.se/2015/11/editor-update-qa-session.html

A whole lot of "when it's done."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think this thread has ran its course seeing as the editor is clearly never coming out.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Saying it's in QA isn't exactly a "when it's done," that means it's very close to done.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

I think this thread has ran its course seeing as the editor is clearly never coming out.

Willing to :toxx: that?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Always bet on Richard

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
http://dennaton.blogspot.se/2015/11/beta-releasedate.html?m=1

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

And now there's no one around to actually use it.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
It's not even an actual release its an opt-in beta with no Steam Workshop.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Why do I even have this thread bookmarked anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

Why do I even have this thread bookmarked anymore?

Same.

• Locked thread