Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Muddy Burphy posted:

Also it's still Yukes.

And until they are gone the game will still be poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The thing is Yukes made the great SYM/HCTP era games too. What happened at that studio between HCTP and SVR that injected them with a lethal dose of poison?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

projecthalaxy posted:

The thing is Yukes made the great SYM/HCTP era games too. What happened at that studio between HCTP and SVR that injected them with a lethal dose of poison?

The decent programmers lost a loser leaves town match

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

Me! And the N... W.... O.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

2k14 was actually a pretty good game with relatively few issues and a lot of customization under the hood. it is the first game I would compare favorably to HCTP. My buddy and I still play it. Hopefully 2K16 will represent an un-hosed 2K15.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

https://wwe.2k.com/news/an-announcement-about-divas-and-wwe-2k16

THEYVE DONE IT AGAIN BOYS

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They dun-dun it! Brap brap brap!

Can you still make Divas in CAW though? If so, who cares, I'm sure they'll have some dumbass glasses and ridiculous gear to make Becky.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I wonder why not, didn't they already scan them? I'd laugh if it was something like it not being deemed commercially viable

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sasha tweeted she'd been scanned, don't know about the others.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
That is hilarious. I'm anxiously awaiting the first person to tell us why this is actually a good thing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That's really messed up, and also it's going to make whatever DLC they do release subject to heavier criticism

Like "you couldn't put Sasha Banks in the game, but you're releasing 3 additional unique models for Diesel?"

It's also super loving weird because Sasha Banks said she was scanned for the game like 8 months ago, and there are "I'm a Hugger" shirts visible on he crowd. It's like they either completely hosed up and ran out of budget, or WWE told them not to bother adding them.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 18, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Like "you couldn't put Sasha Banks in the game, but you're releasing 3 additional unique models for Diesel?"

those vanilla midgets in the women's division don't draw like big sexy can

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Who else you gonna use to do The Squisher?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

those vanilla midgets in the women's division don't draw like big sexy can

My first thought from the tone of the release is that they may have data that almost no one actually plays as the Divas in these games. Like the people who do are very vocal and have valid points, but it's always a roster 1/20th the size of the male one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's a swerve.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
But what about my Bayley WWE Showcase that I totally would have played :colbert:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well it is kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. The divas roster has been largely terrible since Lita and Trish left. You have your Natalyas and Beth Phoenixes, sure, but the roster is mostly Dova Search contestants that nobody cares about* with horrible move sets. Plus they can't play in every mode. So yeah, I bet most time in the last ten years hasn't been spent playing Candice vs Torrie Wilson matches and the like.

That said, the Horsewoman would be better inclusions than some never will be like Baron Corbin

*Save the sperglords who MUST have every diva on the roster

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Bring back intergender matches goddamn it.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
That is a big shame about the divas. Sometimes it's a change of pace to play as the divas. Still holding out for some good DLC this year.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Buckle up for WWE 2K17: Total Divas Revolution Edition featuring The Bella Twins on the cover.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

I just realized looking at that screenshot that we are, through Austin mode, going to suffer through one million years of Austin/Kane/Taker WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON, which were all somehow compressed into the summer of 98. It wasn't good.

Didn't they already make us play through all that bullshit in WWE 2k13? Or whatever the Attitude Era one is?

I really hope they go more in depth into Austin's early career, cause I really don't need to play him vs Rock ever again

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Best guess would be that the DLC planning was set in stone with whatever deal WWE and 2k made, and 2k decided to stop shelling out for the production phase, so the new Divas were cut before they could be implemented. Yuke's clearly planned on including them and there's no reason why WWE would nix their inclusion. I don't see any other explanation.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It was a hard decision but they decided to remove Sasha Banks from the game in the interests of maintaining Santino Marella's public profile.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Basic Chunnel posted:

Best guess would be that the DLC planning was set in stone with whatever deal WWE and 2k made, and 2k decided to stop shelling out for the production phase, so the new Divas were cut before they could be implemented. Yuke's clearly planned on including them and there's no reason why WWE would nix their inclusion. I don't see any other explanation.

Yeah there's absolutely no reason or precedent for WWE not liking or featuring women. You'd have to be an idiot to think that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

no but seriously NEXT YEAR will be good and worth it YOU'LL ALL SEE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

-every wwe thread, i assume

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha, not even as DLC? That's really bad.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

We'll still get their movesets, so you can create Beef ChestCrunch but with super sexy stripper moves.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Holy poo poo, this exclusion is an extra kind of special. What the hell is the DLC going to be then, if not the women of NXT?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TealShark posted:

Holy poo poo, this exclusion is an extra kind of special. What the hell is the DLC going to be then, if not the women of NXT?

More Austin and HHH models

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Nash DLC, a PSN exclusive:
Diesel
Kevin Nash (Outsiders)
Kevin Nash (Wolf Pack Attack)
Kevin Nash (Blown quad variant)
Kevin Nash (2010 drunk youshoot variant)
Oz
Master Blaster Steel
Vinnie Vegas
Chet Lemon

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The entertainment value I'm getting from laughing at upset nerd over-reactions to this news is so, so much more than I would have gotten from those four being in the game

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah there's absolutely no reason or precedent for WWE not liking or featuring women. You'd have to be an idiot to think that.
If you'd rather invest in the drama of evil empire WWE than the drama of evil empire AAA game publishers, that's your damage. There's plenty of opportunities to rub your dick raw either way.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Every game dev ever holds back content for DLC because idiots buy it. This is not new and its not because WWE is holding them back or they somehow can't fit them in a roster of 100+.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RBX posted:

Every game dev ever holds back content for DLC because idiots buy it. This is not new and its not because WWE is holding them back or they somehow can fit them in a roster of 100+.

Did you miss the part where it was specified they wouldn't be in the game as DLC either

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What? Lmao I almost wanna toxx that they'll be DLC. Almost.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do it

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

RBX posted:

What? Lmao I almost wanna toxx that they'll be DLC. Almost.

Why would they say they're not going to be DLC then, they gain nothing but bad press by announcing that

If you say any press is good press I'll strangle you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's blowing my mind after complaining about last year that they'd leave money on the table but it's very WWE to do that.

But games love saying poo poo can't be done only to do it after the fact and sell it