Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

New chapter's up

:stonk:

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

For a second I was worried about Komi.

Seeing this reply, I'm worried about reading it tonight. :ohdear:

e:

After reading...

BlitzBlast posted:

Unless this turns out to be Chitoge's Mom mkII (which would honestly be kind of lame), I'm not seeing a viable out for this that wouldn't come across as kind of pathetic.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up well.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 23, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Unless this turns out to be Chitoge's Mom mkII (which would honestly be kind of lame), I'm not seeing a viable out for this that wouldn't come across as kind of pathetic.

Basically goddamnit Raku, just fall in love with Marika already. <:mad:>

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This is like some Handmaiden's tale poo poo. "Marry this man twice your age for the sole purpose of pumping out children to continue our plague ridden family"

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Raku, become the Yakuza boss you were always destined to be already!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

At this point Death might seem like a better option for Marika than A) Marrying some old prick or B) Being saved from marriage only to get rejected by her lifeline (which might kill her anyways)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BlitzBlast posted:

Basically goddamnit Raku, just fall in love with Marika already. <:mad:>

Hopefully not.

Absum
May 28, 2013

So are you allowed to marry before you are an adult in Japan or what? Couldn't she just go "no gently caress you mom" and live with one of the cast until she finishes school? It's not like they would mind (never mind that her dad could get a divorce instead of letting his daughter be forced into this poo poo).

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Absum posted:

So are you allowed to marry before you are an adult in Japan or what? Couldn't she just go "no gently caress you mom" and live with one of the cast until she finishes school? It's not like they would mind (never mind that her dad could get a divorce instead of letting his daughter be forced into this poo poo).

I think legal marrying age in Japan is 16? IANAJL

And I think in the event of a divorce, Marika's dad is extremely unlikely to get custody.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Funny otter meme

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Absum posted:

familial loyalty is insanely important in japanese culture, even if your parents are shitheels.

at least in old-timey families, like what marika's seems to be.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-183?id=240094

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Best part: Give No Fucks Marika

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i'm really happy to have been proven wrong.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Calling it now, Marika's mom looks exactly like Marika.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know it ain't gonna happen but I just want this to go all Trost for the main cast because, even if she's just a horrid individual who's existed for all of two chapters and has spent them being the worst sort of person, Marika's mother has a far more established plot line than any other character in this mess of a comic.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-184?id=240667

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I see we actually are transitioning to battle manga, at least for this arc anyways.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

At this point I'm starting to think this might be an even more complicated Marika plan than usual. Which would be funny, but also kind of pointless?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Honda: literally a ninja.

Nope, still love this manga :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

At this point I'm starting to think this might be an even more complicated Marika plan than usual. Which would be funny, but also kind of pointless?

I'm all in for Raku-sama the parrot part 2: marriage edition.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Mikl posted:

Honda: literally a ninja.

Nope, still love this manga :allears:
They had better deliver on that fight scene instead of just cutting away to Raku and Chitoge.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Finally Komi can use the battle experience he gained from doing Double Arts. Wasn't Tsugumi basically gonna be the swordswoman he was planning on introducing before it got canceled? I vaguely recall him showing off a sketch of that character at the end of double arts.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New chapter.

Tsugumi remembers the basics of CQC.

Also Marika is what? WHAT? I'm actually worried now :ohdear:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Honda explained the details of anime cancer to Tsugumi.

snivell
Sep 9, 2015

watch out, my posts are pretty damn edgy
I can't watch this show because it reminds me of past sexual experiences I'd rather forget.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

Mikl posted:

Also Marika is what? WHAT? I'm actually worried now :ohdear:

I read a theory that Marika is actually a loli-mom who is obsessed with marrying Raku. The actual daughter has been trying to reel her mother/Marika in and get her to marry someone older and wealthy. Mom's/Marika's "illness" is just fatigue and other ailments associated with old age.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Honda was pretty much always the coolest.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

snivell posted:

I can't watch this show because it reminds me of past sexual experiences I'd rather forget.

Blushing doesn't count as a sexual experience.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nise-Koi/Chapter-186?id=241860

Of course loli-mom.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No seriously what is Raku's argument here?

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I honestly don't think he has one here. Aside from FRIENDSHIP and getting Marika out of a lovely marriage he really has no grounds to object when he's doing all this just to reject her.

Absum
May 28, 2013

You don't really need a reason to object to someone forcing their child to marry someone they don't want to.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Wait, seriously, we have to justify "unwilling arranged marriages are messed up" in 2015? Especially when her mother's explicit reasoning is, "If I had to put up with this poo poo, she does too"?

Come on, people.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well the point is more "what did Raku even come here to do?". Was he planning on appealing to pathos or something?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Nah, I think we can all agree that Marika's mom is a hosed up piece of work, and what she's doing is awful.

It's just that Raku's arguing game is weak.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Yeah, I just meant he has like no real argument to make since his initial reason for being there is kind of flimsy and self-centered. I'm pretty sure Chitoge could of made a better one than him. This whole arc has been making Raku out to be pretty awful honestly.

I will be quite happy if Marika herself is somehow the one to resolve the issue, yet I doubt that'll happen. Or I might just be mad at Raku since every chapter is talking about rejecting Marika when she's the best girl. :argh:

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Raku came in prepared to maybe argue with someone who had a different idea of what was good for Marika. He came in utterly unequipped to argue with someone who just does not give a poo poo about her, because "you should love and cherish your family" is an axiom. Arguing axioms requires you to basically work your way through all of their other axioms to try to find a contradiction, and that's assuming that they' won't ignore your argument out of spite. Marika's mother seems pretty spiteful!

I'm not sure what you guys are expecting; at this point, their goal is less "convince Marika's mother" and more "make the opinion of Marika's mother irrelevant," because argument can't do the job. If they should be arguing with anyone, it's the ninja.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If Marika had stopped being a crazy stalker of a guy who clearly didn't love her back, she might have been able to find someone she liked instead.

But no, she had to be crazy stalker girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, come on! Was it lovely parents month over at WSJ or what?

• Locked thread