Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I picked up Karlos Williams in my keeper league after the uneven Shady performance. Didn't know much about the guy so I finally watched some game tape. Good lord. He's just amazing. I watched some college highlights and jizzed everywhere. I also decided to watch the condensed Bills game on Gamepass. What I saw:

1. Shady has either permanently lost a little or the hammy was affecting him. His running style requires him to be inhumanly faster and twitchier than the defense, so if he's lost even a little it could get ugly. He was visibly frustrated after a few runs, just like last year when the Eagles o line was struggling.

2. Bills o line didn't look great, but ok.

3. Every time Williams touched the ball I knew before I could see the number on the jersey. He is just explosive.

4. Colts o line looked pretty bad. I would not feel good about Gore.

5. Luck made some bad throws. Forced the ball a lot.

6. AJ80 looked slow and old. Moncrief looked legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Of Stevie Johnson's 82 yards last week, 80 of those yards were after the catch.

I have no idea why the fantasy community is fading him so much this year, he's absolutely my poo poo. Bench him at your own peril.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

VDay posted:

I said it earlier in the week but I'll say it again after watching the Chiefs/Broncos game: everyone should go and see if the Maclin owner in their league has a big weakness in his team and if he's willing to trade you Maclin for cheap. He's a fantastic buy low candidate right now if anyone needs a WR2 or flex option and the Maclin owner is disappointed with his slow start.

I'd probably be able to get him from the Maclin owner in my league but we're standard and I like my WRs to at least have a chance of scoring TDs.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I know you're mostly making a joke about how the Chiefs have literally never scored a passing touchdown ever, but Maclin's getting so much use that I don't think it'll matter and he'll still be a solid flex with WR2 upside against bad matchups.

The fact that Andy Reid forgets that Travis Kelce is on the team will probably help with that too.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

VDay posted:

I know you're mostly making a joke about how the Chiefs have literally never scored a passing touchdown ever, but Maclin's getting so much use that I don't think it'll matter and he'll still be a solid flex with WR2 upside against bad matchups.

The fact that Andy Reid forgets that Travis Kelce is on the team will probably help with that too.

Andy Reid being a fuckwit affects the whole team, including Charles and Maclin.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Except it seems like he literally forgets about Kelce and runs like one designed play for him every other game, while Maclin's not only lead the team in targets both weeks so far but has had multiple plays designed for him both games as well.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kelce always seems to be wide open so I think he's just invisible to coaches

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

old dog child posted:

Andy Reid misusing assets? Unpossible

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Azhais posted:

Andy Reid misusing assets? Unpossible

Well to be fair it's not like Kubiak noticed him either

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

VDay posted:

You welcome* :)

*sorry when Evans ends up way underperforming and the guy who dropped him ends up being Nostradamus

\/\/ Stevie

The guy immediately above me on waivers got Evans, drat you Vday!

EDIT: Received the following trade offer:

I give:

Dez Bryant

I receive:

Darren Sproles
Roddy White

I desperately need RB more than WR, but I'm hesitant to give up Dez too easily. Thoughts? Worth a counter offer?

Double edit: I can try responding with a Dez for Gurley/White. Would that be better?

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Sep 19, 2015

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
In one of the 10 man pubbie leagues I play in someone dropped Mike Evans... and I managed to pick him up despite having last waiver priority (because I picked up Golden Tate earlier in the week when someone else dropped him).

I can't decide if I'm happy my team is so stacked now or sad that the league is so uncompetitive. I do now have absolutely no idea who to actually start, which I suppose keeps things interesting.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

old dog child posted:

VDay posted:

Except it seems like he literally forgets about Kelce and runs like one designed play for him every other game, while Maclin's not only lead the team in targets both weeks so far but has had multiple plays designed for him both games as well.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Andy Reid being a fuckwit affects the whole team, including Charles and Maclin.

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME BITCH

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

enjoy your premier TEs y'all dinguses I tried to warn you

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
So someone dropped Golden Tate and my "holy poo poo pick that guy up" sense started tingling.

I have three QBs (Mariota, Palmer, Wilson) on my roster right now and clearly I don't need 3 - I don't want to drop Mariota this week because Cleveland, so what should I do?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Mingus Dew posted:

So someone dropped Golden Tate and my "holy poo poo pick that guy up" sense started tingling.

I have three QBs (Mariota, Palmer, Wilson) on my roster right now and clearly I don't need 3 - I don't want to drop Mariota this week because Cleveland, so what should I do?

Mariota, were you actually gonna be starting him this weekend over Wilson@GB or Palmer@CHI, both insanely good matchups than a rookie @anywhere.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Also, don't chase last week's points for Mariota, for all the Browns' faults, their defense is a lot better than Tampa's. I'm betting that game is very low scoring and possibly turnover heavy

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guy in my league is trying to move Alshon Jeffery and/or Matt Forte. I sent a lowball offer of Tate, John Brown, and Cole Beasley for Jeffery. I expect him to decline this obviously, but I'm terrible with trade value so I need some advice on what to offer.

My team:

His team:

Abdullah for Jeffery? Anderson for Forte? Any ideas?

(Non-ppr standard scoring 10 teams)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Zo probably playing this weekend. If you're a Forsett owner, now's probably the time to pick him up in 12+ person leagues.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

VietCampo posted:

Mariota, were you actually gonna be starting him this weekend over Wilson@GB or Palmer@CHI, both insanely good matchups than a rookie @anywhere.

I don't trust Wilson at Green Bay, to be honest with you. I was mulling over maybe starting Palmer instead, but I don't like Green Bay's passing defense at all.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Mingus Dew posted:

I don't trust Wilson at Green Bay, to be honest with you. I was mulling over maybe starting Palmer instead, but I don't like Green Bay's passing defense at all.

You don't trust Wilson @GB, but you trust a rookie @Cleveland?

Palmers a good bet this week against CHI, but there's literally no reason why you should even be considering Mariota this week when you have Palmer AND Wilson. Besides, you were asking who you should drop for Golden Tate, so not trusting Wilson this week is irrelevant. Would you have dropped him?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Sep 19, 2015

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

VietCampo posted:

You don't trust Wilson @GB, but you trust a rookie @Cleveland?

Palmers a good bet this week against CHI, but there's literally no reason why you should even be considering Mariota this week when you have Palmer AND Wilson.

I honestly don't like Russell Wilson as anything other than a middling QB1 in any situation, really. (Hell, if we hadn't auto-drafted I probably wouldn't have picked him at all.)

I think you're right though, and I'm going to go with Palmer this week, especially since I've got Fitz too.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Also, don't chase last week's points for Mariota, for all the Browns' faults, their defense is a lot better than Tampa's. I'm betting that game is very low scoring and possibly turnover heavy

Mariota will shred the Browns defense :colbert:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mingus Dew posted:

I honestly don't like Russell Wilson as anything other than a middling QB1 in any situation, really. (Hell, if we hadn't auto-drafted I probably wouldn't have picked him at all.)

I think you're right though, and I'm going to go with Palmer this week, especially since I've got Fitz too.

Palmer @ Chicago is one of the top match ups this week. Wilson @ GB is a fine match up. Starting Mariota over either is dumb. Drop Mariota for Tate like a sane person, haha :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I just traded John Brown for a 6th round pick in a keeper league. I drafted him in the 8th so I feel like it was a good move. I have Stevie and Boldin as backups so hopefully I'll be ok.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

RVProfootballer posted:

Palmer @ Chicago is one of the top match ups this week. Wilson @ GB is a fine match up. Starting Mariota over either is dumb. Drop Mariota for Tate like a sane person, haha :)

I got sniped for Tate by the guy who beat me last week. So it goes. :smith:

He dropped Agholor for Tate, though - any chance I should grab him?

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Julio Jones
James Jones
Davante Adams
Jarvis Landry
Golden Tate
Heath Miller

I can play four of those (3 WR and a Flex, why I included Miller). Right now I have Julio, James Jones, Adams, and Jarvis Landry starting, but I've been trying to work this out all loving week. I feel like they're all good options (obviously Julio would be in whatever final lineup I pick) and it's just going to come out to dumb luck, but what do you guys think I should do? Honestly, I feel like if I'm going to make a change, it's going to be switching Golden Tate and Adams.

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

Of Stevie Johnson's 82 yards last week, 80 of those yards were after the catch.

I have no idea why the fantasy community is fading him so much this year, he's absolutely my poo poo. Bench him at your own peril.

Rolling with Rivers, Allen, and Stevie Johnson this weekend

:getin:

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Julio Jones
James Jones
Davante Adams
Jarvis Landry
Golden Tate
Heath Miller

I can play four of those (3 WR and a Flex, why I included Miller). Right now I have Julio, James Jones, Adams, and Jarvis Landry starting, but I've been trying to work this out all loving week. I feel like they're all good options (obviously Julio would be in whatever final lineup I pick) and it's just going to come out to dumb luck, but what do you guys think I should do? Honestly, I feel like if I'm going to make a change, it's going to be switching Golden Tate and Adams.

Both Joneses, Tate and Either Landry or Davante (your pick).

Unless you have both Gronk and Jimmy Graham, it's usually a waste to start a TE in your flex slot.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Mingus Dew posted:

Both Joneses, Tate and Either Landry or Davante (your pick).

Unless you have both Gronk and Jimmy Graham, it's usually a waste to start a TE in your flex slot.

I had Tate out because he wasn't practicing, but now he looks like he'll play. I'll probably keep Landry just incase he returns another punt.

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Sep 19, 2015

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
is anyone worried about Randall Cobb this weekend?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

RCarr posted:

I just traded John Brown for a 6th round pick in a keeper league. I drafted him in the 8th so I feel like it was a good move. I have Stevie and Boldin as backups so hopefully I'll be ok.

If Palmer stays healthy Brown is going to have a very good year, I would have kept Brown personally.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

TommyGun85 posted:

is anyone worried about Randall Cobb this weekend?

Yes because apparently no one is sure where Sherman is going to be lined up. I think if you have Cobb though you have to run him out there. I just have adams though so I'm sitting him for Stevie

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Mingus Dew posted:

I got sniped for Tate by the guy who beat me last week. So it goes. :smith:

He dropped Agholor for Tate, though - any chance I should grab him?

Quit rostering 3 QBs. It really doesn't matter who you pick up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I've got Rashad Jennings in my flex spot, but I also have Jordan reed on my bench. Jordan Cameron is my TE spot, and I'm pretty sure reed will see lots of attention with djax out. I just don't know if reeds potential is worth more than Jennings'.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
How's everyone feeling about Jonathan Stewart this week? I had semi high expectations for him after drafting him (lol) but from what I've read he didn't look too hot last week, I couldn't watch the game.

I'm kind of considering swapping brandin cooks for him in my flex, but I'm pretty sure that'd be crazy, considering cooks has a really good match up this week vs TB. I'm just a crazy guy I guess.

edit: If this sounds ridiculous which it probably does just know that I loving hate WR's, it's such a crap shoot.

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 19, 2015

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

zeldadude posted:

How's everyone feeling about Jonathan Stewart this week? I had semi high expectations for him after drafting him (lol) but from what I've read he didn't look too hot last week, I couldn't watch the game.

I'm kind of considering swapping brandin cooks for him in my flex, but I'm pretty sure that'd be crazy, considering cooks has a really good match up this week vs TB. I'm just a crazy guy I guess.

edit: If this sounds ridiculous which it probably does just know that I loving hate WR's, it's such a crap shoot.

Even in standard, Cooks is a better play than Stewart this week. If there's any PPR, half or full, Cooks is a phenomenally better play!

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Quit rostering 3 QBs. It really doesn't matter who you pick up.

I've had 3 QBs rostered for all of two days now.

Probably two days too long.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I've got a spot open on my bench.

Kenny Stills or Tavon Austin?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

OxySnake posted:

I've got a spot open on my bench.

Kenny Stills or Tavon Austin?

Are you sure you don't need a second defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Ayudo posted:

Are you sure you don't need a second defense?

I'm already running the Panthers.

My only defense option would be grabbing CLE for next week against OAK

• Locked thread