Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

I will provide the special features for you all next week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Our brigade leader ladies and gents

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

In Training posted:

:patriot: Goonspeed

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

In Training posted:

:worship:

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Hmm, well you guys say Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan isn't worth the watch, but Funimation would have me believe that "No true Haruhi devotee should miss The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan." I'm not sure who to trust here.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The only good thing i can say about Nagato Yuki-chan is that maybe when Funi releases it on DVD/bluray they'll put Haruhi out at the same time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is really nuts http://imgur.com/a/UIBc7

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

it's gonna get larger in an hour or so

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

The true fun is just beginning, where we can discuss the show in its entire form for the new few months hopefully :D

You can understand now why people have been cagey about wanting to dive into discussion. The twisted temporal nature and ouroboros narrative requires a pretty wide view to discuss

first order of business is that i want everyone who hasnt to watch la jetee

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Linnaeus posted:

it's gonna get larger in an hour or so

I hit the Download button and it said "Whoa! This gallery is too large! We will send you an email when we are ready to send it."

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

I hit the Download button and it said "Whoa! This gallery is too large! We will send you an email when we are ready to send it."

lol

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

In Training posted:

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

lol

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy crap its 1.1 Gigs.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just reached the credits. Freaking time travel plots, I can never keep them straight.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

For those new folks wondering, the recent spin off series starts here and Kyon says No, completely flying in the face of well, everything that makes the show interesting and worthwhile.

Eh, it's not all garbage, it's just mediocre. But one thing I did enjoy--minor spoilers about the characters here--is how the entire dynamic changes as Asakura is a full member of the Literature club and Tsuruya is pretty much Mikuru's best bud. Neither of those two put up with Haruhi's poo poo, as opposed to the pushovers of the normal brigade, and as a result Haruhi is less a molesting, blackmailing rear end in a top hat and more just a very excitable but bossy person. Although it's not all good because Itsuki's balls are pretty much cut off.

I won't have a chance to watch the movie until Sunday, I don't think. :(

Agronox fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 19, 2015

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Okay, two questions: where did hospital bed Kyon come from, and what was that scene at the end supposed to tell me?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
If I remember right, hospital bed Kyon is just the stabbed Kyon brought back by future Kyon, but they also had to make a scenario for how he got hospitalized since Haruhi would want to know what happened.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

Okay, two questions: where did hospital bed Kyon come from, and what was that scene at the end supposed to tell me?

Either one of Mikuru's brought Kyon to the future, or by reverting Nagato's world back to normal someone created a cover up reality where Kyon really did just fall and hit his head

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Allarion posted:

If I remember right, hospital bed Kyon is just the stabbed Kyon brought back by future Kyon, but they also had to make a scenario for how he got hospitalized since Haruhi would want to know what happened.

He doesn't have any stab wounds, though

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

VostokProgram posted:

Yeah, my memory's a little fuzzy about what happened even though I read those books a couple weeks ago. Koizumi has one of his speculations about those fuzzy three days too so it's left a little unclear.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm still amused about how disappointed Koizumi is that he hasn't gotten the chance to have a time-travel adventure yet. It's one of those little characterizations I like in the post-Disappearance stories.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

As you can clearly tell I am still grappling with this freaky circular narrative they've got going on, but I find it kind of funny how I was on to more than I realized in the screenshot thread a month and a half ago:

StandardVC10 posted:

OH poo poo THEY'RE BEING WATCHED

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

To be fair, Asakura was actually trying to hurt him.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I think they're maybe saying Nagato's bite protected Kyon somehow?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

As you can clearly tell I am still grappling with this freaky circular narrative they've got going on, but I find it kind of funny how I was on to more than I realized in the screenshot thread a month and a half ago:

I thought that was a photoshop. Is it not?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

To be fair, Asakura was actually trying to hurt him.

she's cray tho

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Parallax posted:

I think they're maybe saying Nagato's bite protected Kyon somehow?

What were the two upgrades she gave him again? Stealth field and something else?

In Training posted:

Maybe. But I hadn't watched S2 or the movie when I posted that so I had no idea what was going on.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

In Training posted:

It's at 1:43:25 in my copy of the movie

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training posted:

no it's at 1:43:26 timestamp

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

It's at 1:43:25 in my copy of the movie

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I tried seeing if there was a shot in Bamboo showing extra shoes at the door, but, alas

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

here's for the koizumi lovers

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress I've enjoyed this simulwatch though. It's a drat shame people who haven't watched Haruhi seem to see it as the archetypical soulless high-school antics show - or at least, I did before the simulwatch. Because, goddamn, this show and especially this movie are any-loving-thing but soulless.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh it's from the movie, makes sense.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Normie here. I've always held the OP as someone who has good taste, but when I see stuff about this anime it just looks like another high school girls anime, which never really interested me. People just say "its good" and that its a comedy with some drama in it, but I don't actually know what it's about. Am I missing something, or is it just what it is?

Would love to see a follow up here, but, i don't think it's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

gently caress I've enjoyed this simulwatch though. It's a drat shame people who haven't watched Haruhi seem to see it as the archetypical soulless high-school antics show - or at least, I did before the simulwatch. Because, goddamn, this show and especially this movie are any-loving-thing but soulless.

thanks for not being the guy in training quoted lol

it'd've been a lot less fun without new blood and I'm glad you ended up liking it so much

• Locked thread