Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fun tunnel posted:

dont pull out your tits and breast feed in front of strangers "wow just wow"

That's not what she did, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"Remyoove kebab" --Donald Trump

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The whole story is hilarious but the best part is "and he ran out of there."

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

This article contains yet another "sick" burn by Bobby Jindal:

Bobby Jindal's twitter posted:

“Sorry to see @realDonaldTrump cancel on event today ... Filing for bankruptcy again? Perhaps 5th time is the charm ..."

Is this a bored intern whose been given too much leeway, or has Bobby Jindal really taken it upon himself to be constantly tapping out lame burns that Trump never even acknowledges?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Considering the abuse of ellipses I think it's Jindal himself.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

This article contains yet another "sick" burn by Bobby Jindal:

Is this a bored intern whose been given too much leeway, or has Bobby Jindal really taken it upon himself to be constantly tapping out lame burns that Trump never even acknowledges?

It's literally the only way anyone in the media will say the words Bobby Jindal

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
It's just...really, really pathetic. I mean, grade schoolers could come up with more mature attacks. If the crappy state Louisiana's in wasn't testimony enough, this should cement that he should never be allowed anywhere near power.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Absurd Alhazred posted:

That's not what she did, though.

Tit feeding is gross unless its recreational.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy
I work in real estate, we buy and fix up houses, it would be really really easy to get rid of illegal workers in at least our industry. Have a government official go to job sites, audit the workers, then fine the companies using illegals until either they go out of business or hire legal workers.

People in the industry know the companies who are using the illegals, we will do the leg work for the government and report the people undercutting us. We will give job addresses and even monitor the permits at our expense.

This would force construction companies to pay better wages overnight. Everyone who acts like deporting illegals is tough or equivalent to "ethnic cleansing" either are naive or just want illegals to be able to live in America for whatever reason.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Brannock posted:

Considering the abuse of ellipses I think it's Jindal himself.

Maybe the intern is quoting small portions of a bunch of long rants that Jindal just kind of randomly falls in to throughout the day

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Oceanlife posted:

I work in real estate, we buy and fix up houses, it would be really really easy to get rid of illegal workers in at least our industry. Have a government official go to job sites, audit the workers, then fine the companies using illegals until either they go out of business or hire legal workers.

People in the industry know the companies who are using the illegals, we will do the leg work for the government and report the people undercutting us. We will give job addresses and even monitor the permits at our expense.

This would force construction companies to pay better wages overnight. Everyone who acts like deporting illegals is tough or equivalent to "ethnic cleansing" either are naive or just want illegals to be able to live in America for whatever reason.

Oceanlife
Oct 6, 2008

Haha, nice one Punchy

I get that you're trying to be funny but that's very similar to the bizarre liberal logic we are dealing with. Reporting criminal activity within an industry = 1984 in their minds.

Yet in another thread they'll be talking about how wonderful whistle blowers are.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Oceanlife posted:

How dare you not respect 2015 indentured servitude? Those men have every right to to be exploited by their employer at your expense.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Oceanlife posted:

You would do none of this because you'll be disappeared before your get off ur officemax chair lmbo

money wins and money says Trump will lose. An illegal will have your job one day and be paid better.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Oceanlife posted:

I get that you're trying to be funny but that's very similar to the bizarre liberal logic we are dealing with. Reporting criminal activity within an industry = 1984 in their minds.

Yet in another thread they'll be talking about how wonderful whistle blowers are.

liberals don't really exist here. we have conservatives and conservatives-who-dont-hate-gays.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

That's already how a huge amount of regulation gets enforced. It's not like the EPA or your local government has the budget to rigorously inspect every property for zoning violations or w/e. They just wait for pissy neighbors to call it in.

Oceanlife posted:

Can't we enforce labor laws but then also give Jesús the Carpenter whose worked in the US for 15 years legal status and a path to citizenship? I just want people who've worked their whole lives to have a chance to live without the fear of deportation to be enforced at some arbitrary time in the next 20 years.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Oceanlife posted:

i support this as long as its in conjunction with increased workers rights, conditions and pay namaste

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Most of the people fantasizing about bussing millions of illegals in have secret fantasies that they will all vote Democrat somehow.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

i bet this is what jade helmet and all those plastic coffins were really about

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oceanlife posted:

Government Officials!?! Fines and putting people out of business!?! Why do you hate the American Job Creator?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Oceanlife posted:

People don't want to pay full price for anything. They'll go to see Trump speak on a Saturday and then head over to the local hardware store to pick up a few day laborers that don't speak "American" for some reason.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People who 'just want illegals to be able to live in America for whatever reason' might also be the same kind of people who have no problem with Oakies making GBS threads up the joint.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

McDowell posted:

People who 'just want illegals to be able to live in America for whatever reason' might also be the same kind of people who have no problem with Oakies making GBS threads up the joint.

i think someone mentioned this earlier, but even deporting / removing illegals from the workforce doesn't actually improve the conditions of the average (white) person by any measurable degree. i recall that when georgia tried to remove all of their illegal workers a few years ago, (white) people weren't fighting each other to get those sweet sweet day laborer jobs; in fact the vast majority of their agribusiness went into financial straights because no one else was willing to pick an entire field of beets for $0.75 a day, or whatever ridiculously low wage they pay the migrant workers

i mean it's the same IRISH NEED NOT APPLY bullshit for the 21st century. second verse, same as the first

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

homeless poster posted:

in fact the vast majority of their agribusiness went into financial straights because no one else was willing to pick an entire field of beets for $0.75 a day, or whatever ridiculously low wage they pay the migrant workers

i mean it's the same IRISH NEED NOT APPLY bullshit for the 21st century. second verse, same as the first
Agribusiness can't pay more than 75 cents a day?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
If I were a single-issue voter, and my issue were Empire, I might vote for Trump.

TRUMP / EL COMANDANTE '16

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
They can and do, but it is still generally poo poo.

EDIT:

http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/farm-economy/farm-labor/background.aspx

Third World Reagan has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Sep 19, 2015

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Please update the OP with this:

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
so where are da post debate polls

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Narciss posted:

Please update the OP with this:

:barf:
I'm sorry, I vomited in my mouth a little.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Prof. Lurker posted:

so where are da post debate polls

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/19/9353865/republican-poll-debate-fiorina

Trump remains unstumped, Carson was Arsoned, Barely fiaRINO & Rubio took voters from the establishment candidates

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Fiorina gaining is great for Trump as she has literally no chance of winning the primaries. Carson is probably done for by now, he has/d some outsider points but he just can't effectively communicate in this sort of race and is just way too meek. Bush is going to need a Mccain like miracle and I doubt it's going to happen, this isn't 2008.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
so is trump planning on persuing criminal charges against obama for the fake birth certificate or is he content with the idea of an ineligible man becoming president through fraud?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:smug:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oooh oooh, he'll allow Germany to re-militarize again.
Apparently I have been serving in the Micky Mouse brigade ...

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

mcbexx posted:

Oooh oooh, he'll allow Germany to re-militarize again.
Apparently I have been serving in the Micky Mouse brigade ...

Sooner or later, everyone answers to the Mouse.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Gum posted:

so is trump planning on persuing criminal charges against obama for the fake birth certificate or is he content with the idea of an ineligible man becoming president through fraud?

I think this was a dead issue after 2012.

Bottom line is that Obama spent his early grade school and most formative years in Hawaii. That's not the NY public system, but close enough to American to count.

edit: typo need coffee

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

So less then half of all farm workers are immigrants (legal or otherwise).

Assume the worst, that all are Illegal. Assume the "Trump magical deportation teleporter", beams everyone out of the country to their..... wherever.

OMG, who is going to pick the fruit and veggies!!! I need my pumpkin latte!

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...r-field-workers

Farm worker labor costs are 10% the cost of a piece of fruit.

So basically you could triple farm labor wages (10 bucks per hour to 30 per hour) and that 50 cent apple would cost 60 cents.

At 30 per hour I guarantee you, somebody's doing the pickin.

I realize these are rough numbers and markets are a little more complex. The point is, that the world will not come to an end if we kick out all the poor's. (we may all go to hell for being evil shitlords, but the world will not end)

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Donald Trump has good instincts. Just like your first day in prison where you sucker punch the easiest target in the face, Donald insults Rand Paul with a complete non sequitur right out the gate. Jindal is going about it wrong. He needs to savage Walker where there's clear blood in the water.

• Locked thread