Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

loving equalisation at work, who are they going to steal from another club this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gonna be interesting to see Adelaide next year if Dangerfield does indeed go to Geelong. Only a handful of players out there that I can say won their position

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Anyway a lot of things we won't be able to do next week (owing to Subi being narrow), but it was nice to kill the game off early so Hodge didn't get angry and poleaxe someone.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

As I've said all year we're 4 A grade players away from contending, and if Dangerfield leaves it's 5. Players who can come in and make sure hopeless spuds like Crouch and Mackay never play again. Maybe we can get 2 a year and contend in 2017, but not if Dangerfield goes.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well, was kinda expecting the Hawks to win, but didn't expect it to be so one sided.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

NTRabbit posted:

As I've said all year we're 4 A grade players away from contending, and if Dangerfield leaves it's 5. Players who can come in and make sure hopeless spuds like Crouch and Mackay never play again. Maybe we can get 2 a year and contend in 2017, but not if Dangerfield goes.

if you look on the bright side an adam simpson style coaching masterstroke might get that second tier group suddenly playing out of their skins every week

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Apparently frawley played a half decent game in defence in a 70 point +50% i50 win?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Do you want him back or something?

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001
That got pretty boring once Adelaide gave up any pretence of putting in effort.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

if you look on the bright side an adam simpson style coaching masterstroke might get that second tier group suddenly playing out of their skins every week

The Eagles haven't won yet, so it remains to be seen whether that's enough to carry a team all the way.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Really happy with that win. Good to see guys like Smith, Hill and Breust put in good contributions and looking relatively healthy.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Just home from the game, Adelaide just couldn't handle the intensity early on and then just gave up during the third.

Hawks have to drop Schoenmakers, in a side dominating like that he just looked second rate, in my limited Hawks knowledge I reckon Sicily is worth a run, looks like a smart player.

On the flip side I thought Cameron had a howler for the Crows, obviously tough up forward but he would "hear footsteps" over and over again when he needed to put his body on the line for marks.

I just hope the good Freo turn up next week as the Hawks have their intensity back, and Hodge/Mitchell looked very good.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Do you want him back or something?

Nah I'm pretty happy with Brayshaw instead thanks.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Spedman posted:

I just hope the good Freo turn up next week as the Hawks have their intensity back, and Hodge/Mitchell looked very good.

It's hard not to look good when you're not really under pressure.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

As an aside from the actual football, let me say that Cyril's titwing tattoos poo poo me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I kind of hope Sydney lose so Adam Goodes' last game isn't against the eagles at Subi.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Box Hill is killing the Saints reserves right now. The Hawks are just plain too good at any level

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Solemn Sloth posted:

I kind of hope Sydney lose so Adam Goodes' last game isn't against the eagles at Subi.

If Sydney win tonight this is what I'm scared of. Not only will I be nervous about West Coast playing in a prelim, but also how Goodes will be received after what happened last time.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

Box Hill is killing the Saints reserves right now. The Hawks are just plain too good at any level

Not the in VFL reserves where they lost to a the GF to Willy by the golden point system. Admittedly it was the first game they lost all year.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Kick in it now. Carn Zebs.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
I'd be very surprised if Mitch Brown doesn't get picked up again.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

:lol:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Shame that Sandy couldn't get up today.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Testekill posted:

Not really much to do with the Hawks imo. Sandy do this infuriating thing where they start real slow and then come back hard. I can't remember the last game we didn't give up a head start.

Saad was poo poo today. Delist him. Minchington was an absolute beast.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Mitch Brown is 100% going to get picked up on the main list of a club this year. He's been enormous at Sandy as a swing man. Started in defense today before switching forward in the 2nd and had an immediate impact. Ended up kicking 4 goals 2 or something.

He was also named in the VFL team of the year.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Can this be a good game please, last night blew

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
I hope north melbourne win

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

Mitch Brown is 100% going to get picked up on the main list of a club this year. He's been enormous at Sandy as a swing man. Started in defense today before switching forward in the 2nd and had an immediate impact. Ended up kicking 4 goals 2 or something.

He was also named in the VFL team of the year.

Brad Symes won a Magarey medal and was delisted by the Crows at the end of the same season. There's a lot of players out there who dominate the state leagues but can't cut it in the AFL.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
If you hear any boos tonight they're probably being directed at anz stadium

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Welp

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Straight into the norfing

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

If you hear any boos tonight they're probably being directed at anz stadium

lol

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Is it just me or does the 7mate picture quality look a lot better than usual?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

BT just said ben brown is a good looking player. I probably would have phrased that better

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

bigis posted:

Is it just me or does the 7mate picture quality look a lot better than usual?

Now that you mention it, it's not cutting out and pixelated on quick movements like it usually is

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001
Some great kicking in this game so far.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

So all of Sydney's goals have been from dumb north frees

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Brad Symes won a Magarey medal and was delisted by the Crows at the end of the same season. There's a lot of players out there who dominate the state leagues but can't cut it in the AFL.

That's true, however I tend to feel that talls probably make the VFL-AFL transition a bit better than mids.

E: Plus, Brown wasn't dropped based on form. He was dropped cause he had shoulder issues that didn't let him. He's since fixed those (had screws removed that were causing pain) and has been playing stupidly well. He was originally a pick 15 so he has some real natural talent. He's played very well in defense, up forward and even on a wing for Sandy this year.

Periphery fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Sep 19, 2015

Sir Charles
Apr 25, 2006
Can't...seem to...penetrate the fabric...must be...some kind of...polyester weave!
This is a boring game of football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Only one team looks like scoring but that team is north so

• Locked thread