Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Coredump posted:

Holy poo poo is that a 390 Duke? How is it? Ever have any time on a DRZ to compare to?

It's quite... boring. Build quality feels fine and it's light and nimble. You won't be pullin sikh wheelies bruh or anything. It's very much an around town bike.

Note: I ride the SD1290 behind it and owned an RC8R so my sense of excitement is broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chest freezer for the new home. Getting delivered next weekend. Now I can stock up on all the meat deals, make freezer meals in advance, freeze vegetables from my garden, etc...

Aww, who am I kidding, it'll be full of DiGionrno and Icee Pops.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Captain Lavender posted:

I've only slept on it once, but... it's kind of amazing. It usually takes me forever to fall asleep, but I fell asleep on this in no time.

When we bought our king sized icomfort, they said it would take a few weeks of getting used to it. I crawled in to that bed and was out cold the entire night. I sleep pretty well in that bed, the exceptions being when I'm really depressed or in a lot of pain. A good bed is well worth the money.

For actual content, I dropped 1400 on a private MRI yesterday. The results are already in and my doctor already called me, so I don't think it's good news.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Chest freezer for the new home. Getting delivered next weekend. Now I can stock up on all the meat deals, make freezer meals in advance, freeze vegetables from my garden, etc...

Aww, who am I kidding, it'll be full of DiGionrno and Icee Pops.

Orrrrrr you could do this instead.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PleasusChrist posted:

Orrrrrr you could do this instead.

Do this. Please do this.

thethirdman
Aug 8, 2007
Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins. Leave death to the professionals.

St_Ides posted:

I found Glorious Poster.

Where did you find this? It's wonderful!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Echeveria posted:

When we bought our king sized icomfort, they said it would take a few weeks of getting used to it. I crawled in to that bed and was out cold the entire night. I sleep pretty well in that bed, the exceptions being when I'm really depressed or in a lot of pain. A good bed is well worth the money.

For actual content, I dropped 1400 on a private MRI yesterday. The results are already in and my doctor already called me, so I don't think it's good news.

Labral tear?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a ton of kidney beans, bell peppers, fresh banana peppers, onions, etc., and made a huge pot of chicken chili. It's amazing.

I'm trying to cut back on red meat as sad as it sounds, but chicken goes well with anything you can do with beef, really.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Medium rare chicken steak sounds gross.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mu Zeta posted:

Medium rare chicken steak sounds gross.

Medium rare meat in general is gross.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm trying to cut back on red meat as sad as it sounds, but chicken goes well with anything you can do with beef, really.

Steak-fried chicken-fried steak?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

Steak-fried chicken-fried steak?

Fried chicken, good chicken.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

thethirdman posted:

Where did you find this? It's wonderful!

I live in rural Kenya. When I was at the market day in the local town I saw a guy walk by with a bunch of posters, the wind blew and I caught a glimpse of a baby in uniform.

100 Kenyan shillings (about a US dollar) later, it was mine. I didn't even barter. It now lives on the tent wall behind my charging area.

I don't even know where it comes from. But I loving love it.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

Labral tear?

yup

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

tickets to the football game tomorrow. 11 AM game so lots and lots of day drinking

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed
Shoulder?

Had my labrum repaired, and a biceps tenodesis as well, about 3.5 months ago. Wishing you a speedy recovery if surgery is required.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

jfff posted:

Shoulder?

Had my labrum repaired, and a biceps tenodesis as well, about 3.5 months ago. Wishing you a speedy recovery if surgery is required.

That's my hip, and surgery is required, but I've already been referred to a shoulder surgeon to have my labrum and some ligaments repaired. Good fun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Captain Lavender posted:

Based on a recommendation from this thread, I ordered a Sleep Innovations 12" mattress.

It showed up in about 3 days on Amazon's default shipping option. Was nearly entirely inflated soon after I opened it, but I gave it about 20 hours before trying it.

I've only slept on it once, but... it's kind of amazing. It usually takes me forever to fall asleep, but I fell asleep on this in no time. I could feel myself sink into it, and my whole body was supported, which is new to me. I'm kind of 'wide-hipped'? So there was always a noticeable gap between me and the mattress there; plus, whenever I would roll around at night, that extra hip leverage would strain my back I think. I really haven't had a good night's sleep in years.

I went to sleep on this bed, and I woke up in the exact same position, which I'm taking as a good sign. I'm excited/optimistic.

You fucker. I may just buy one as well. I've had the same spring and foam topper for a long goddamn time.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Man, I'm in the wrong line of work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Echeveria posted:

The first night I slept on a memory foam mattress, I woke up with ridiculous back pain.

It never happened again after that first night though.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Echeveria posted:

That's my hip, and surgery is required, but I've already been referred to a shoulder surgeon to have my labrum and some ligaments repaired. Good fun.

Best wishes for your recovery. I'm glad you didn't post a picture of a brain metastasis or something awful like that.

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed

Echeveria posted:

Jeez, what the hell did you do to yourself? You're falling apart.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

Apparently I have a collagen disorder. I've also had both knees reconstructed.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The first night I slept on a memory foam mattress, I woke up with ridiculous back pain.

It never happened again after that first night though.

Same here.

My previous mattress was a piece of poo poo pillowtop that caved in the center two years in, so I slept with my lower back like 5" deeper than my head or feet. I was in pain every drat morning. Firm memory foam 4 lyfe

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Lavender posted:

Based on a recommendation from this thread, I ordered a Sleep Innovations 12" mattress.

It showed up in about 3 days on Amazon's default shipping option. Was nearly entirely inflated soon after I opened it, but I gave it about 20 hours before trying it.

I've only slept on it once, but... it's kind of amazing. It usually takes me forever to fall asleep, but I fell asleep on this in no time. I could feel myself sink into it, and my whole body was supported, which is new to me. I'm kind of 'wide-hipped'? So there was always a noticeable gap between me and the mattress there; plus, whenever I would roll around at night, that extra hip leverage would strain my back I think. I really haven't had a good night's sleep in years.

I went to sleep on this bed, and I woke up in the exact same position, which I'm taking as a good sign. I'm excited/optimistic.

Congrats on the good night's sleep. Everyone should spend whatever it takes to find a good fitting mattress! You spend a third of your life on the drat thing, so you'd be crazy not to. It was my first big purchase as an adult and I never regretted a second of it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ragequit posted:

Congrats on the good night's sleep. Everyone should spend whatever it takes to find a good fitting mattress! You spend a third of your life on the drat thing, so you'd be crazy not to. It was my first big purchase as an adult and I never regretted a second of it.

Yeah, I bought a new bed like 6 months ago (Comforpedic memory foam, pretty sure I posted it in this thread) and it has made a huge difference. I have a bad back (degenerative disc disease, 3 herniated discs, I had surgery on it 2 years ago) and I used to wake up like 5 times a night, and it would take me forever to fall asleep. But with my new bed I fall asleep within half an hour, and usually sleep through the night (occasionally I will wake up once), and it has also helped a lot with the back pain.

It is absolutely worth the investment to get a nice bed.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I bought the top ikea latex mattress a few years ago and it's amazing. Spend a little money on a good mattress for sure

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Ms Boods posted:

:hfive: Lost in Space buddy. I was about 8 or 9 in 1974, and it ran in syndication on the local indie just about when I ran in the door from school; the mad, later John Williams opening score (with the countdown) + afterschool sugar had me bouncing off the walls like a hummingbird on speed. My nephew's not much younger than I am, so we spent a hell of a lot of time playing on my swingset pretending it was the Jupter II -- he always always played the Robot.

I gotta see if I can get this in R2 -- Mr Boods has never seen the TV show; he's only seen the film and didn't even realise there was a TV show that went with it.

I am only 26, but I grew up watching Lost in Space on the Sci Fi Channel every morning when my mom dropped me off at my grandma's house before school.

I was the weird kid whose favorite tv show was a black and white science fiction show that none of my friends knew about.

I might have to pick up this set.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ms Boods posted:

:hfive: Lost in Space buddy. I was about 8 or 9 in 1974, and it ran in syndication on the local indie just about when I ran in the door from school; the mad, later John Williams opening score (with the countdown) + afterschool sugar had me bouncing off the walls like a hummingbird on speed. My nephew's not much younger than I am, so we spent a hell of a lot of time playing on my swingset pretending it was the Jupter II -- he always always played the Robot.

I gotta see if I can get this in R2 -- Mr Boods has never seen the TV show; he's only seen the film and didn't even realise there was a TV show that went with it.

I watched it in the early 70s, too. It was on more than Star Trek.

And yes, I had a crush on Penny.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bought soap!
"Pink Sugar is such a sweet and wonderful scent, a fruity blend of cotton candy, lemon drops, caramel and raspberry jam on a dry down of musks. Cast in a light pink bar and dusted with shimmering white mica." and "Fresh citrus highlights sparkle around the floral heart of lavender and ylang in this sensuous blend. An earthy signature of patchouli and spiced wood leads to a base of warm animal tones. Leather and musk balance with balsamic undertones as hints of powdery vanilla complete the blend. Cast in a dark grey soap and dusted with a silver shimmer on top". I'm gonna smell pretty!

(I also bought a heart-shaped padlock and, eventually once the shopowner contacts me back, a custom braided leather collar.)

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

Labral tear?

Wait a sec, I hang out in the IT thread and the Med questions thread, I thought you were an IT guy? :D

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I spent a couple of hundred dollars on basic supplies for my classroom just to find out that there was a supply closet that we can get things from if we just ask....

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Slimy Hog posted:

I spent a couple of hundred dollars on basic supplies for my classroom just to find out that there was a supply closet that we can get things from if we just ask....

That happened to me when I started my most recent job. The closet is huge, stocked to the brim and unsecured.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

JPrime posted:

Wait a sec, I hang out in the IT thread and the Med questions thread, I thought you were an IT guy? :D

Dick Trauma is a man of mysterious talents.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I watched it in the early 70s, too. It was on more than Star Trek.

And yes, I had a crush on Penny.

You were a man of good taste and distinction.

I had to play the 'girl roles' when me and my nephew acted LIS out, but we'd fight over who got to be Will -- the kid also did a knockout Dr Smith. I will admit that I had two pairs of zip up faux leather boots at that age, one black pair and a white, and I'd switch them out over and over as I went back and forth from being Penny to being Judy.

As a brunette, I preferred to be Penny, and I also thought Judy was kind of a drip, though.

Meanwhile: I'm not a made-for-TV Goth, and have no interest in skulls and bats and stuff, but I am a sucker for Latin text and tiny, tiny clocks!

[two new stamping plates from Moyou London]

Blackbird Betty
Mar 27, 2010
Realised at work yesterday that my favourite pants had just about worn completely through, and that my t-shirts (which didn't really cut it in the first place) were threadbare af. Turns out there was a big sample sale going on today, so I spent a little under a week's rent and bought the below, plus two pairs of trousers and another two tops which aren't online. One is drapey cream silk, one is plaid cotton.

I hate doing the fast fashion thing, but man, designer prices are killing me. I wish I could still get away with head-to-toe thrifted stuff :sigh:

Also bought this one from my favourite designer, Kowtow, a few weeks ago. They have great sales twice per year.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

dovetaile posted:

(I also bought a heart-shaped padlock and, eventually once the shopowner contacts me back, a custom braided leather collar.)

This is a sex thing, isn't it.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Aristophanes posted:

Probably, but knowing this thread it could be guns (which are also weirdly a sex thing for some people).

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

HERAK posted:

Probably, but knowing this thread it could be guns (which are also weirdly a sex thing for some people).

I haven't spent enough time in this thread recently and immediately thought horse accessories. Horse people are just as bad as weird gun/sex people in my books though.

In the spirit of the thread, I bought:

:shepicide:

and these to make myself feel better:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Aristophanes posted:

Yes and no. My "sex collar" isn't suitable for work so I bought one that will be.