Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth

Untagged posted:

Yeah but maritime law enforcement is whole different ball of wax, where probable cause and reasonable suspicion mean dick because I'll stop and board your boat simply because I feel like it. Also your wife and daughter are hot and I needed a better view of their bikinis. Oh... Yeah... I guess show me your operators license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
this kid seems pretty legit

I'm already seeing "14 YR OLD CONSERVATIVE ROASTS OBUMMER FOR INVITING "MUSLIM KID" TO WHITE HOUSE" posts showing up on my facebook feed

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

DrakeriderCa posted:

this kid seems pretty legit

I'm already seeing "14 YR OLD CONSERVATIVE ROASTS OBUMMER FOR INVITING "MUSLIM KID" TO WHITE HOUSE" posts showing up on my facebook feed

I don't recall asking for your thoughts m8

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
if your a conservative at 14 your life is going to be lovely and dumb. have fun waiting till marriage and not drinking you fuckin nerd.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I'm pretty liberal when it comes to personal freedoms like loving/marrying dudes and smoking drugs because I don't give a poo poo about any of that. financially I'm conservative though because gently caress you got mine lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do cop goons fee about Officer Whitlatch getting fired?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Volume posted:

I'm cool with the firing of anyone stupid enough to vent racial frustrations on facebook, jesus christ how the gently caress did she think it was going to go?

e: also she's like 4/10 for a cop which is really saying something

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Volume posted:

Please stop trying to lay "clever" gotcha traps.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is there an appropriate way to bring up these topics in the thread or are they all just "off limits"?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
apathy is how we feel about most things. Nobody here works for seattle PD and we are on SA because we aren't the rabid O.com base, if officer white face got fired for being a weird racist lesbian then thats her fuckin problem and she probaly deserved it.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Volume posted:

How do cop goons feel about the cover up of Boo Radley's heroic actions against Bob Ewell? Especially since the Sheriff and a lawyer were involved.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Smiling Jack posted:

Let's get this out of the way up front: gently caress this thread. gently caress you for posting in it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Volume posted:

Is there an appropriate way to bring up these topics in the thread or are they all just "off limits"?

I think this thread is more to ask them about certain situations, the mundane aspects of their job, their opinions on non-politically charged events, procedures of their job, and less to bait them into stupid bullshit "ha ha got you, dirty pig" comments that seems to pop up here from your average D&D poster/lurker.

Just my two cents.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Is banging out an ER nurse worth two dispatchers or three? Is the exchange rate stable?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

MANGOSTEEN CURES P posted:

Is banging out an ER nurse worth two dispatchers or three? Is the exchange rate stable?

Generally it's a pretty stable 3x1 ratio, but it can depend. Value can vary between General ER and Trauma ER as well as Day and Night shift. Hot night shift trauma nurse is like 5x1.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Untagged posted:

Generally it's a pretty stable 3x1 ratio, but it can depend. Value can vary between General ER and Trauma ER as well as Day and Night shift. Hot night shift trauma nurse is like 5x1.

What's the exchange ratio for picking up a nurse from a department that's not ER? Like Family Practice or Surgery?

Is there hazard multipliers for trying to bang in more prestigious parts of the hospital?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
lol you guys can't seriously use "ER nurse" and "stable" in the same sentence with a straight face

Source: married to a nurse

Volume posted:

Don't act all persecuted. The questions you're asking and the way you're framing them makes it seem like you're fishing for a D&D gotcha nugget. It's hard to give you the benefit of the doubt with your CT/avatar combo and phrasing. The reality is that most people here (except Vahalkayke or whatever his name is) aren't going to give you an extremist response because most of the posters here aren't racist heatbag dickheads.

If you want to keep asking, go ahead.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Volume posted:

maybe you arent the best person to be asking these questions, noted cop hating poster volume with your bloodied cop avatar

when all your questions are leading and accusatory and trying to paint cops at large as bad then dont expect anyone to give your poo poo any thought. there is a thing that you are doing and its kind of obvious

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I will respect all of your wishes to stop asking questions to cops in the thread made to ask questions to cops. I will however like to say that I disagree that the questions are leading and accusatory. I'm simply presenting a topic and asking for your opinions. I could understand your concerns if my posts were "Do you guys support the illegal and racist arrest of that clock making child?" but that was not the question. If you feel your honest opinion about a very public topic is going to cast you in a bad light then maybe take some time to internally reflect on your opinion. Thank you all for your time and special thanks to the posters who did actually offer answers on topics I presented.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:nallears:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
http://www.fox4news.com/news/21536949-story

The only way it could have been better is if the B (in Black Lives Matter) was backwards.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Volume posted:

If you feel your honest opinion about a very public topic is going to cast you in a bad light then maybe take some time to internally reflect on your opinion.

Mods change his username to logical fallacy Tia

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Volume posted:

"Do you guys support the illegal and racist arrest of that clock making child?"

This question just cured me of being the police. Now I'm a janitor.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Volume posted:

I will respect all of your wishes to stop asking questions to cops in the thread made to ask questions to cops. I will however like to say that I disagree that the questions are leading and accusatory. I'm simply presenting a topic and asking for your opinions. I could understand your concerns if my posts were "Do you guys support the illegal and racist arrest of that clock making child?" but that was not the question. If you feel your honest opinion about a very public topic is going to cast you in a bad light then maybe take some time to internally reflect on your opinion. Thank you all for your time and special thanks to the posters who did actually offer answers on topics I presented.

Hahahahahaha. No one in this thread thinks you're clever.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
I got a question for the Canadian cops. In my city we have the RCMP and bylaw which I understand what they do, but there is also a Peace Officers and a Sheriff's Department and I was curious to what makes them different compared to the RCMP?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

tankfish posted:

I got a question for the Canadian cops. In my city we have the RCMP and bylaw which I understand what they do, but there is also a Peace Officers and a Sheriff's Department and I was curious to what makes them different compared to the RCMP?

Which province?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Volume posted:

lol thanks for being consistent and following your posting trajectory straight into the toilet

nobody even followed your persecution narrative but you still posted like we did! was that crybaby response crafted ahead of time or did you freestyle that before you took your ball and went home?

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Alberta wood buffalo area.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

tankfish posted:

Are you just mashing random words together to sound like a place?

I'm onto you. :colbert:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Dasani grape ape territory

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm sorry guys, volume has exposed my cognitive dissonance and I can no longer perform my duties as an officer of the peace. I am turning in my badge and gun and I'm leaving for Syria to assist a non-denominational relief organization. Inshallah.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

say hi to Caro for me

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

God willing brother we shall meet in the grace of Allah

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Why was he never edited into the dorner pic?

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

He was but the CIA edited it out

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

:nsavince:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

tankfish posted:

Good, you're in my province so I can actually answer.

RCMP = Police, full criminal code authority, write tickets/arrest/investigate crimes, carry guns.
Sheriffs = Not police but still a peace officer, full criminal code authority, write tickets/arrest/don't investigate crimes, carry guns.
Community Peace Officer/Bylaw Enforcement = Not police but still a peace officer, partial criminal code authority, write tickets/arrest in very limited circumstances, no guns.

There are other categories as well (Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, Fish & Wildlife, Parks, etc) but they basically fall into one of the last two categories. Sheriffs mainly do courthouse/legislature security, transport prisoners, and do traffic enforcement (as well as a few other roles but they're niche). CPO's and Bylaw do traffic enforcement and municipal bylaw enforcement (property standards, parking, liquor and tobacco, etc).

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Ah that makes sense thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Volume posted:

Dude, think for a moment here: you came into this thread with a very anti-Cop avatar and text (it's a picture I've seen in many "gently caress tha police" style contexts) and did something we see a LOT of D&D goons do around here: post a link of a cop getting fired and asking what we think. We can't help but be a little suspicious of your motives especially since this was your response when we questioned your motives.

I'm done with Volume now, back on topic.

• Locked thread