Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The 11 minute death recording is a hell of a thing. Her VA knocked it out of the park on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nitrousoxide posted:

So, just finished the game. Fake snake is wrapped up, Quiet is wrapped up. What about those kids who ran off with a metal gear? That seems pretty important. What happened to them?

It's in a cut mission shown on the collectors edition disc.

Liquid goes full on Lord of the Flies and takes everyone to a small island where he chills out in the metal gear. Snake goes there at the same time Cipher does to reclaim the metal gear. Some of the kids are infected with the parasites so everyone including liquid has hazmat suits or masks on.

Liquid kills most of the Cipher guys with the metal gear and Snake takes it down. Snake's takes a blow to the head and momentarily mistakes liquids red hazmat suit for one of Ciphers white one and accidentally shoots him.

Then it's shown liquid had a bulletproof vest on and is alive. He screams at Boss that he'll kill him and whatever. Diamond dogs take the metal gear back. Snake leaves liquid a gun with one bullet. Mantis takes liquid away before the island is napalmed.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Romes128 posted:

It's in a cut mission shown on the collectors edition disc.

Liquid goes full on Lord of the Flies and takes everyone to a small island where he chills out in the metal gear. Snake goes there at the same time Cipher does to reclaim the metal gear. Some of the kids are infected with the parasites so everyone including liquid has hazmat suits or masks on.

Liquid kills most of the Cipher guys with the metal gear and Snake takes it down. Snake's takes a blow to the head and momentarily mistakes liquids red hazmat suit for one of Ciphers white one and accidentally shoots him.

Then it's shown liquid had a bulletproof vest on and is alive. He screams at Boss that he'll kill him and whatever. Diamond dogs take the metal gear back. Snake leaves liquid a gun with one bullet. Mantis takes liquid away before the island is napalmed.

Didn't Mantis also remove the parasite from Liquids body? Or what was that stuff he spit out?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Popelmon posted:

Didn't Mantis also remove the parasite from Liquids body? Or what was that stuff he spit out?

Mantis took it out.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If you are mad that you don't get to play as the "real" Big Boss then you are falling into the same pit of blind worship of him as the mythical legendary soldier that all the idiots in the games are.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ocelot doesn't blindly worship him and is not an idiot, everyone else is though.

I wish we could play as Ocelot in single player :(.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I like the ddog training tape where venom straight up asks ocelot why isnt he a buddy bro, why cant we shoot poo poo together ocelot, because wildcats hunt alone? And ocelots all like, yeah something like that and you remember the ending and realize he wont come out with you because you're not his boss. :(

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

If you are mad that you don't get to play as the "real" Big Boss then you are falling into the same pit of blind worship of him as the mythical legendary soldier that all the idiots in the games are.

I literally just finished mission 46 and I'm annoyed that I don't get to play as the real Big Boss when the truth cutscenes and post-mission tapes have far more personality to them than anything Venom managed to demonstrate in some 70+ hours of game.

The "what could have been" really is the worst part of MGS 5.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I find it dumb that shrapnel-less Big Boss head isn't unlocked once you finish #46 like playing as your avatar is but that's the depth of my frustration about not playing as the real Big Boss.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Aurain posted:

I find it dumb that shrapnel-less Big Boss head isn't unlocked once you finish #46 like playing as your avatar is but that's the depth of my frustration about not playing as the real Big Boss.

I'm frustrated that you can't have that badass long horn as a head option, but eh.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Be more evil/build a nuke and you'll get at least the middle tier.

Unless you just mean choose it whenever you want to, then yeah, agreed.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

BenRGamer posted:

I think you're confusing not willing to commit genocide with decent.

Going by the prologue alone, she's not a decent person--much less all the people she can potentially snipe with you.

Well, I mean, "Working for Zero to kill some dude" kinda applies to nearly everyone in the whole series (whether they know it or not), but yeah, I guess it would be better rephrased as

"Next to Permanent-Mad-Revenge-Kaz, Revolver "I FOOLED YA AGAIN" Ocelot, Wife-Murderer/Attempted Mass Slaughter to sell Parasites Huey, and literally Liquid Snake Eli, Quiet seemed pretty decent for not just deciding "gently caress it I'm killing everyone on this dumb boat-base" while they all treated her like poo poo." Murdering Exposition Doctor and generic nurse was pretty bad though.

Which doesn't mean much, but I mean, Metal Gear, you take what you can get with your good guys. I guess Code Talker was a pretty good guy, unless I missed something in the tapes, because he only developed the vocal-cord parasites under threat of genocide from Skull Face after he discovered them on The End's body.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

Pwnstar posted:

shut up i want to kiss Big Boss and you can't stop me

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Aurain posted:

Even if the bandana just hid the horn, that'd be enough.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's not that I dislike the shrapnel, I think it's sorta neat, I just don't see why the option to play with Big Boss' head wasn't a thing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Aurain posted:

It's not that I dislike the shrapnel, I think it's sorta neat, I just don't see why the option to play with Big Boss' head wasn't a thing.

It's a phantom pain.

(a Hideo Kojima game)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Also I have to say Code Talker is one of the better characters in the game- I wish you got him a bit earlier in the real plot, though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurain posted:

Ocelot doesn't blindly worship him and is not an idiot, everyone else is though.

I wish we could play as Ocelot in single player :(.

Even if Ocelot is not an idiot he still pretty much blindly worships BB.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He saw Big Boss topless when he was getting tortured in MGS3.
That was enough to convince him to follow him for life and it's actually a very good reason.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

paint dry posted:

shut up i want to kiss Big Boss and you can't stop me

Hey, it's not like you can't channel that desire into Venom. They can co-exist as very kissable men.

In fact, it might even be better if you could kiss both of them at the same time, alternate between them, maybe get tag teamed by them.
ocelot's there too

...I'll be in my bunk.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
This is heart warming http://kotaku.com/the-metal-gear-solid-v-players-trying-to-do-the-impossi-1731490187

Players coming together to achieve kojimas dream of a nuke free world. virtual world peace. All in the name of unlocking that hidden cutscene and chapter 3 - peace.

Shame it will never happen because I AM BIG BOSS. I FORGOT TO TELL YOU, OVER.

BIG BOSS HERE, FORGOT TO TELL YOU, I WILL NUKE ANYONE AND WILL NOT GIVE UP MY NUKES. OVER.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I love that a group called the patriots are going agaisnt the philanthropists to stop them from disarming the nukes and even better, one of the philans is A PATRIOT SPY helping with them with organization. Ocelot would be proud. :ocelot: :smug:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hacking a bunch of nukes into my PC save every time I see one is stolen from now on.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Vikar Jerome posted:

I love that a group called the patriots are going agaisnt the philanthropists to stop them from disarming the nukes and even better, one of the philans is A PATRIOT SPY helping with them with organization. Ocelot would be proud. :ocelot: :smug:

Metal Gear nerds are the best nerds

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There must be a joke about how in game lore Philanthropy was an explicit arm of the Patriots used to stop Metal Gear from spreading to undesirables.

That secret nuke cutscene is a really cool inclusion that doesn't really make up for how awful FOB is in its overall design.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Vikar Jerome posted:

I like the ddog training tape where venom straight up asks ocelot why isnt he a buddy bro, why cant we shoot poo poo together ocelot, because wildcats hunt alone? And ocelots all like, yeah something like that and you remember the ending and realize he wont come out with you because you're not his boss. :(

Didn't he hypnotise himself to believe Venom is the real Big Boss?

Aurain posted:

He saw Big Boss topless when he was getting tortured in MGS3.
That was enough to convince him to follow him for life and it's actually a very good reason.

He shot Naked Snake in the eye and turned him into a quasi-literal one-eyed snake. The subtext never ends.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'll never forget that when BB and Ocelot first met BB shamed him into switching to a different type of gun TWICE.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Castor Poe posted:

Didn't he hypnotise himself to believe Venom is the real Big Boss?

I remember a tape saying this too.

Only Zero, the doctor at the hospital, Ocelot, and the Real Big Boss knew Venom Snake was the medic on Morpho. The doctor died and Ocelot took away his own memories, so that just leaves Zero and the Real Big Boss who knows he's a substitute.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 19, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Zero went comatose, I believe, before Big Boss and V came to, so that leaves Big Boss.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Kaz knew Venom Snake wasn't the real Big Boss but continued to support him all the same because he felt betrayed. He and Ocelot discuss that at the end of Mission 46's credits, before Ocelot decides to hypnotize himself.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Also, isn't the end with the tape for Operation Intrude N313/Big Boss explaining to venom what really went on taking place right as Solid Snake is infiltrating Outer Heaven?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wait, did anyone else know mgsv:tpp had another live stream slot tonight at tgs longer than the first? Wonder if anything will get announced, its for tpp not mgo too and we've already been show the dlc outfits and the game is loving out already what could they be showing that isnt mgo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2c_AeN8iI

Could it be... were the legends true?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 19, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wait, did anyone else know mgsv:tpp had another live stream slot tonight at tgs longer than the first? Wonder if anything will get announced, its for tpp not mgo too and we've already been show the dlc outfits and the game is loving out already what could they be showing that isnt mgo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG2c_AeN8iI

Could it be... were the legends true?

I believe the last one was business day, and this is public day, although I hadn't noticed it would be longer.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I get my info from reddit because of my head injury so you know its 110% true.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Kojima said on Twitter that he was doing some final mixing on something, so whatever it is, we'll see it tomorrow/today.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Kojima is gonna cut one last trailer

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wonder if he will announce that showering with your dad simulator is mgs canon.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I went into debt cause I figured most of you were smart enough not to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5sV_61VpBI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's quite questionable if Ocelot ever did the mind trickery on himself.

When Eli asks to talk to his pops, Ocelot says he's not here despite being behind the 2 way mirror. Maybe he's kidding Eli, maybe he slipped?

• Locked thread