Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

If anybody has a slot open, my invite code is GREEDY and I stay regular with Citrucel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
What are people thoughts on the new items for glory? I'm slightly interested in the black sword but not sure if or when it replaces my staff except maybe arena

Birudojin
Oct 7, 2010

WHIRR CLANK
If any guilds have space, can I get an invite for user name "GOBALOPPER"?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Smugworth posted:

If anybody has a slot open, my invite code is GREEDY and I stay regular with Citrucel

Birudojin posted:

If any guilds have space, can I get an invite for user name "GOBALOPPER"?

I just tried to invite you both to Gem Boys, but you appear to be in guilds already. If you're not in a goon guild, you need to leave it first before you can be invited.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

What are people thoughts on the new items for glory? I'm slightly interested in the black sword but not sure if or when it replaces my staff except maybe arena

At 12/13 mana, they're kind of on the expensive side for what they do. But the sword synergizes amazingly with Skeleton and other skull generators.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The sword seems better than the axe, both seem kinda meh. Though the sword is fine for the standard gold and soul farming team. Fills in a non used color and removes skulls so the enemy team can't kill you with a lucky cascade.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Gem Boiz is now Champion rank. Good work Boiz.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
I saw it tick over when I got the 5,000th trophy, it was pretty cool

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Jibo posted:

Oh ya, and a lot of credit goes to you.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Jibo posted:

Congrats guys! We're doing a pretty good job.

Coincidentally I opened my first legendary today. I opened Venoxia. It seems like it is pretty good, but 16 is a really high cost. Does anyone know how good it is?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Obscil posted:

Congrats guys! We're doing a pretty good job.

Coincidentally I opened my first legendary today. I opened Venoxia. It seems like it is pretty good, but 16 is a really high cost. Does anyone know how good it is?

Once you get her skill charged you can potentially chain cast it with a good team and some luck.

I like to run Venoxia, Wight, Dryad, and Hero with Prismatic Orb. Wight gives you good targeted true damage and makes purple gems. Dryad keeps Venoxia topped off and creates green gems. Venoxia feeds them both blue and has 10 attack (11 if you use Scales banner.)

The last spot is pretty flexible. Webspinner goes really well with Venoxia too if you get it. I haven't gotten one yet.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I finally pulled a legendary today. Gar'Nok. 15 red/yellow to deal 3 damage to all allies, increase everyone's attack by 8, and summon an Orc. Bleh.

Guess I'll stick with Lady Sapphira, Atlanta, Raven, and hero with a green weapon.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I've know that statistics gets wonky when dealing with small numbers, but hot drat am I tired of getting Lady Sapphira from keys. There are still *rare* cards I don't have, and I've seen Sapphira no fewer than four times.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

grrarg posted:

and summon an Orc. Bleh.

Someday I'll make a black beast/summoner team work.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Grundulum posted:

I've know that statistics gets wonky when dealing with small numbers, but hot drat am I tired of getting Lady Sapphira from keys. There are still *rare* cards I don't have, and I've seen Sapphira no fewer than four times.

I've had at least three each of Brian the Lucky and Tyri.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Is Skull Chopper worth a drat? It looks like not.

I ran into a team in Arena the other day with Hero/Priestess/Cockatrice/Druid and it was horrifying. By the time I was able to work the Priestess down the Druid had something like 36 health and 20 armor :gonk:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I've been using Alastair, Rock Worm, Autumnal Imp, and Finley and haven't lost a single Invasion. On defense I guess it's pretty bad because I have at least 1 defense defeat every day but using it I usually end up with 3-5 uses of rock worm in a single turn.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I tank my defense on purpose as I usually crush whoever attacked me unless they got 50 levels on me and all 15's

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I've been running Jarl Firemantle, Goblin Rocket, Griffon Knight, and Satyr. It kicks a fair amount of butt in terms of constantly firing off the Goblin, but Satyr feels a bit weak here in terms of synergy. Any suggestions on what to replace him with?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

overseer07 posted:

I've been running Jarl Firemantle, Goblin Rocket, Griffon Knight, and Satyr. It kicks a fair amount of butt in terms of constantly firing off the Goblin, but Satyr feels a bit weak here in terms of synergy. Any suggestions on what to replace him with?

Boar Rider is pretty great and uses purple/green.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of Goblins, has anyone messed around with a Goblin team? I've finally got enough souls to max out Boar Rider, Goblin, Goblin King and Goblin Shaman or whatever it is and I'm wondering how well it will do and what the optimal order is for them. I really wish I had Goblin Rocket.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Bandire posted:

Boar Rider is pretty great and uses purple/green.

I will give that a shot. Thanks!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Goblin, boar rider, rocket goblin is boss in action. Sadly also missed him :/

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I finally got venoxia with 15 magic keys.

Now my new pvp team is webspinner, venoxia, goblin rocket, goblin shaman with a +2 green bonus. Everything just feeds the webspinner. Venoxia sets up a good board for webspinner to chain off of. And the goblins are nice at cleaning things up. If the dragon die though I'm pretty screwed. Course I usually get about 5+ moves per my opponent's one, so i haven't lost a troop yet.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 16, 2015

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Is it the case that everything I see when I press "Show All" is available using keys?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Grundulum posted:

Is it the case that everything I see when I press "Show All" is available using keys?

Yea except summer imp.

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
Games looks fun! Now looking for a guild invite :) Nick is 'iFriend'

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

iFriend posted:

Games looks fun! Now looking for a guild invite :) Nick is 'iFriend'

invitation sent.

iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?

Obscil posted:

invitation sent.

thanks! My options to contribute are basically limited to sending money for the guild missions, right?

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

iFriend posted:

thanks! My options to contribute are basically limited to sending money for the guild missions, right?

Pretty much. Getting more trophies by winning pvp or in the arena would normally also help the guild by ranking it up, but the gem boiz are already max rank.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.
Would appreciate an invite to a goon guild. Invite code is PSIVAMP

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Gem Blossums is full, unfortunately. Maybe there are inactive players who could be kicked, but I don't have that authority.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

psivamp posted:

Would appreciate an invite to a goon guild. Invite code is PSIVAMP

sent

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Anyone else finding the game too easy? How are you lvl 100 guys doing in general? I'm at ~50 and, as long as the cash is right, I'll attack anyone. Dude 90 levels above me worth 1k? No hesitation since a win is pretty much guaranteed.

I'm still having fun, but I miss the challenge of the early game when you faced a tough team and only a lucky Rock Worm-fueled cascade could save your rear end.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

seravid posted:

Anyone else finding the game too easy? How are you lvl 100 guys doing in general? I'm at ~50 and, as long as the cash is right, I'll attack anyone. Dude 90 levels above me worth 1k? No hesitation since a win is pretty much guaranteed.

I'm still having fun, but I miss the challenge of the early game when you faced a tough team and only a lucky Rock Worm-fueled cascade could save your rear end.

It's the ai so yeah as long as you have a decent team/combo you are going to win. Unless you get really unlucky I suppose. The ai can't really pull off combos except by accident

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How is tyri for farming teams? Just pulled her

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How is tyri for farming teams? Just pulled her

I like her. I've been running her with Treant, Valkyrie, and Alchemist and while she gets used less than the others, she does help and I feel like she gets me more maps than the others.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Gem Blossums hit max rank. 100% bonus to daily gold. :toot:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So... what would be considered a battle(for login)? Looks like doing a treasure map doesn't count. I guess defense, invade or quest?

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

So... what would be considered a battle(for login)? Looks like doing a treasure map doesn't count. I guess defense, invade or quest?

I think defense or invade only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Challenges might count also, or arena. I know I didn't invade last night, but my last activity is 11 hours ago.