Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's the long con. Get people outraged this year from their exclusion (but not outraged enough to not buy the game), put divas in a more prominent role next year, release a special edition with a diva on the cover so they get all that sweet press for being so progressive and :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

let's shove Yukes into the sea

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's the long con. Get people outraged this year from their exclusion (but not outraged enough to not buy the game), put divas in a more prominent role next year, release a special edition with a diva on the cover so they get all that sweet press for being so progressive and :homebrew:

And then the SE doesn't sell because it's $80 for a game in 2016, and both sides say "welp we tried lesson learned"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

Oh yeah this makes much more sense. After putting Austin on the cover they're obviously running out of ideas so this could happen

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

You can create women again this year. Assuming the tools are better than last years, there will be decent CAW's of these women. The game has to play well or every wrestler in the world being on the roster wont matter. Assuming the game is fun to play, I have 100 slots to make the roster as fun as I please, if it isn't, well gently caress who cares if people are missing from a game that sucks to play.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The game will play exactly as lovely as it did last year.

Anyway... They said they included all the current divas, does that mean we get Lana and Rosa Mendez as non playable characters or something?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
I'm glad my complaining about the developer was quickly vindicated

Parlett316 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 19, 2015

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Call Me Charlie posted:

they can do all of that just as successfully without leaving them out this year

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I am fascinated to know what kind of production cycle they could be on where 4 people they've already scanned and have the moves for—in fact Sasha tweeting about being scanned was the very first public mention of WWE2k16—get cut at the eleventh hour, yet they still managed to fit in Mikey loving Whipwreck, two versions of The Terminator and god-knows how many variations of Austin, Kane and whoever else. They even put Charlotte's moves in the DLC last year, despite there being no option to make female CAWs, so it's not like they didn't know they were going to try to put them in this time.

Even if they have some horrible allotment on how much time they can spend on Divas, Eva Marie is in it. Eva *loving* Marie. And Cameron! I can't even remember the last time Cameron was on TV outside of Total Divas.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I've never actually played a single Divas match since they removed the ability to have intergender matches, I loved being able to powerbomb Triple H through a table using Candice or other women wrestlers, but ever since they added the intergender restriction I haven't cared.

This is actually the first year I've wanted more women wrestlers in the game thanks to all the great matches, so of course all the great women wrestlers have been excluded from the drat game. WWE games are amazing.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'd guess that 14 Austins still means only one royalty payment, where as a bunch of new divas means a bunch of new royalty payments.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah they probably paid the charlotte and sasha money to haku and savio vega

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I thought they dramatically cut the royalties for the video games with the 2k contract. I believe all wrestlers just get a gift certificate to Waffle House now. They had to give Mick Foley a certificate for each persona to get him back on board.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm bad enough with money that I was seriously considering getting this game this year, so I'm glad they gave me the easiest reason possible to not pick it up

like if it was just "oh, it's kind of a bad game" or "some of the likenesses are bad" I'd still consider it, but "it doesn't have four of your top ten favorite wrestlers in the company" really sealed the loving deal

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Lady Naga posted:

Bring back intergender matches goddamn it.

Man I remember spending forever on that loving Mickie James vs. Khali challenge in 06 or 07

Also the answer to "what's the DLC" is old guys, Alex Riley & Bra Stonemen

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

November 28, 2015 - YOU DID IT!

We here at 2kGames listen to our audience and we've heard you loud and clear. We're going to add Sasha, Bayley, Becky and Charlotte to 2k16! The Divas Revolution DLC will be coming to all platforms (Jeff, how long do you think it will take to upload the 100kb unlock key to Sony and Microsoft servers? 2 minutes? Okay. EDITORS NOTE: DELETE THIS BIT) TODAY for only $5.99!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:lmao: more like $19.99

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

No banks no buy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like the banks closed :smug:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It's the NXT Takeover promo where Bayley gets erased, but they all fade out and Big Show '96 replaces them

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I honestly can't believe how many people actually care about divas in video games. I don't really play any of the actual characters in these games anyway, it's the CAWS for me (which was also bad last year).

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I honestly can't believe how many people actually care about divas in video games. I don't really play any of the actual characters in these games anyway, it's the CAWS for me (which was also bad last year).

This is the first year I've cared, if they had Sasha, Becky, Charlotte and Bailey in there along with CAW divas to fill out the roster I'd actually play the women's matches for once.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Also, maybe actual women would enjoy being able to play as women with options just as dynamic as the male wrestlers get. Like maybe having a Women's Tag Team Championship, even.

There is a large female fandom for wrasslin'.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Having a limit on the things you could download in a day was the dirt loving worst with 2K15 and the main reason I stopped playing it.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Steve Vader posted:

Also, maybe actual women would enjoy being able to play as women with options just as dynamic as the male wrestlers get. Like maybe having a Women's Tag Team Championship, even.

There is a large female fandom for wrasslin'.

There have been some hacked diva's that pop up occasionally on the last gen that register as men, the announcers refer to them as he, but otherwise they dont seem to break the game..

That aside you could actually create diva tag titles on last gen, hopefully with create a belt back in, the next gen will be the same.

We got some of Charlotte Flair's moves last year, hopefully we get the same for the other missing women this year, as if CAW is as improved as is suggested, there will be very good caw's of the four missing Women.

This series has always been Wrestler maker for me anyway, any wrestler on the in game roster is just a bonus, so hopefully this one plays well, the video's I have been seeing give me more hope than I likely should ever have in a yukes wrestling game, hopefully they defy expectations..

KungFu Grip posted:

Having a limit on the things you could download in a day was the dirt loving worst with 2K15 and the main reason I stopped playing it.

Apparently you can get around this limit by clicking on preview, clicking the review option, and then backing out of the preview. The download button should then work.

Honestly the worst thing was the limit on uploads. It meant wrestlers wouldn't stay up on the board, and people didn't bother uploading stuff like paint images or move-sets.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 19, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

pressedbunny posted:

I am fascinated to know what kind of production cycle they could be on where 4 people they've already scanned and have the moves for—in fact Sasha tweeting about being scanned was the very first public mention of WWE2k16—get cut at the eleventh hour, yet they still managed to fit in Mikey loving Whipwreck, two versions of The Terminator and god-knows how many variations of Austin, Kane and whoever else. They even put Charlotte's moves in the DLC last year, despite there being no option to make female CAWs, so it's not like they didn't know they were going to try to put them in this time.

Even if they have some horrible allotment on how much time they can spend on Divas, Eva Marie is in it. Eva *loving* Marie. And Cameron! I can't even remember the last time Cameron was on TV outside of Total Divas.

I dont want to become the apologist for WWE2K16 but Mikey Whipwreck is a key part of the Steve Austin career storyline, The Terminator was their big pre order press getter and the two Divas you mentioned were both on the main roster.

Wasnt it reported that they did the scans at a taping? I'd imagine they just scanned everyone just in case.

Tbh I dont care that they arent in in the same way I dont care Alex Riley isnt in, I wouldnt play with them anyway.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
2K just scans everyone. it's real dumb and probably just lovely priorities but it's not like you can just scan someone and throw them in the game.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Sure, but if you've scanned people that far ahead, you have their moves in the game as of the previous year and you're putting their merchandise in the crowd, it seems utterly, utterly bizarre that you'd drop them at the last minute.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Features are dropped out of games in development all the time, no matter how good the developer is, especially when they're on tight timetables. If 2K is shooting for mid-November release then the money tap for adding new features was probably shut off a few weeks ago, if that. They're working with far less polish time than they should be as it is.

One of the cardinal rules of game development: Never, ever talk up the details of your game unless it's a 100% certainty that it will ship with them intact. This is the reason why publishers don't usually announce a game until it's in post-production, and it's why Peter Molyneux was more or less driven out of the industry. A lot of kickstarter games don't follow this rule by necessity and gamers get really pissed when something in or around the pitch gets cut or changed, even when it's specifically noted as a work-in-progress. If Sasha hadn't mentioned her scanning on twitter, the four horsewomen wouldn't have seemed like a lock to so many people. 2K probably wasn't happy with her.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Well, not sure why the battle of racism was 3rd from the top, but a solid A rated match you'd expect in 1992.

And the team of 'Straight and True' is Yokozuna + Curt Hennig which is obviously amazing

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

gently caress Straight And True, I wanna know about Hate Empire.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

pressedbunny posted:

Sure, but if you've scanned people that far ahead, you have their moves in the game as of the previous year and you're putting their merchandise in the crowd, it seems utterly, utterly bizarre that you'd drop them at the last minute.

Putting a sign in the crowd seems a hell of a lot easier than getting a person into the game? And who says it was dropped? They said they couldnt fit them in.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, not sure why the battle of racism was 3rd from the top, but a solid A rated match you'd expect in 1992.

And the team of 'Straight and True' is Yokozuna + Curt Hennig which is obviously amazing

If it's an AI booked show, where did the unique team names come from?
Also I assume Hate Empire is actually Hogan & Hayes and they're just pulling one of those double-duty wacky mismatched tag teams that hate each other things.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There are loads of built-in team names and event names etc

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hate Empire is the perfect name for a team like Velvet MacIntyre and Vivian Vachon imo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Features are dropped out of games in development all the time, no matter how good the developer is, especially when they're on tight timetables. If 2K is shooting for mid-November release then the money tap for adding new features was probably shut off a few weeks ago, if that. They're working with far less polish time than they should be as it is.

Uhhh... the game comes out in October, chief.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

They'll delay it

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5OgeEu0qzw

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I hope I can give the Terminator entrance to any of my CAWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Last year's trailer was Kid Rock, this year's is Audioslave. Maybe for 2k17 they'll discover Avenged Sevenfold to keep their dated alt-metal trend going.