Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Is Sucessor Gohan different from Exploding Rage Gohan? I didn't think you could have more than one character in a team... unless Teen and Kid Gohan are considered different.

E: I always figured kid Goku was different because he wasn't even a part of Z to be paired up with other Goku cards but I guess the age thing matters.

E2: gently caress I'm going to have to stop awakening characters, I keep loving myself by going over the unit limit. Sure would be nice if there were a warning for that.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

To train the fodder N cards keep in mind there are stages that can level them up all the way to level 20 in one go, find one of them you can beat easily with a team of 5 (I use telekinetic rampage in terror returns on hard) and you can easily keep creating z-awakened N guys without wasting training items/locations while also getting a nice chunk of exp for the other team members.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Syrant posted:

Is Sucessor Gohan different from Exploding Rage Gohan? I didn't think you could have more than one character in a team... unless Teen and Kid Gohan are considered different.

Yeah, there's a difference. Not in age, just in name. Bardock and SSJ Bardock are different types and can be used in the same team, Goku, Goku (Kid), Goku (Angel), Goku (Kaioken), Goku (Super Saiyan) and Goku (Super Saiyan 2) can also all be used in the same team and so on.
Successor of the Strongest - Super Saiyan Gohan (Teen). The bold part is whats important for team building, so you could use him with Gohan (Kid), Gohan (Teen), if we ever get a non-SSJ version or SSJ Gohan (Adult) when we get to the Buu saga.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just as a heads up, you need to hit the question mark space after Yamcha to get to the secret boss in Snake Way Hard and Z-hard. He's worth 7500xp, so it's totally worth doing. He doesn't seem to get any harder on Z-Hard, either.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The info thing says the enemy don't get any stronger than Hard level.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Seems like the difficulty ups a bit with each angle change. The final boss of Z-Hard is no joke, though. 4 Awakened Ginyu Force members, Ginyu is missing.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

Seems like the difficulty ups a bit with each angle change. The final boss of Z-Hard is no joke, though. 4 Awakened Ginyu Force members, Ginyu is missing.

They've got some extremely low health and attacks though.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Maybe my team is just too strong, but the Ginyu Force is barely even a challenge, as I've been able to run it 3 times today and they only got me below 50% health once. Grandpa Gohan is an easy 7500 xp when I get the chance to teleport to him. My numbers have been horrible about getting any items today as well, so I think King Kai's Snaky Way giving all the items and experience(other than the named characters you only get 300-600 xp) was false advertising. I do appreciate doing something different though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
There's a better version in the future that gives Kai medals apparently.

Only thing good thing about the current Snake Way is the 10 support item mission

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

There's a better version in the future that gives Kai medals apparently.

Only thing good thing about the current Snake Way is the 10 support item mission

Oh, this one doesn't have the medal rate-up? Lame. Not that I've managed to get a gold medal capsule yet.

As for the Ginyus, they're easy if you bring your A-team, but if you're running non-awakened stuff, they at least require some healing. Still not THAT bad, but it's a sharp increase in resistance.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I think the whole point is it isn't meant for your A-team. It's meant for training newbies. My Ginyu Force are mostly pre-Z Awakened, so it's been a decent challenge and good XP on Z-Hard.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Maybe. Since the only characters I don't have at max level are SSR* and 1 UR, and I don't feel like wasting such a long stage on fodder, maybe my expectations were off. At least I finally beat the ten support items mission, and have been getting a few levels for the team.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Frankly, it's easier to run Z Hard Korin and just use the items from there to level up high level characters. For characters below 40, use awakened N grunts.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

Frankly, it's easier to run Z Hard Korin and just use the items from there to level up high level characters. For characters below 40, use awakened N grunts.

Hell, Dr. Gero's Ambition is probably almost as good for XP. He and Hercule are both worth 6100XP or so and aren't a particularly rough fight.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I've been running Snake Way alot this weekend, and using some fodder and training items I only have 2 characters left to get to Max level. Some maybe I was wrong about it not being a good source of XP.

Hopefully I can get Cyborg Tao up to Max Super Attack when that event restarts.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I never got that fucker Pikkon to drop.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Trying to fit two SRs I got in my team, but I'm not sure who to bench for them

My current lineup is:
Leader: SR Frieza 2nd form (str)
SR Android 18 (agi)
R Krillian (agi) (definitely going to be one of the people replaced)
SR Raditz (teq)
SR Videl (str)
SR kid Goku (agi)

What I want to put on my team:
SR Perfect Cell (phy)
SR Teen Trunks (teq)

I honestly don't know the inner workings of this game and mostly just put all my SRs in my team so I'm not sure who exactly to bench besides Krillin.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 21, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My current lineup is:
SR Android 18 (agi)
SR Raditz (teq)
SR Videl (str)
SR kid Goku (agi)

SR Perfect Cell (phy)
SR Teen Trunks (teq)

I honestly don't know the inner workings of this game and mostly just put all my SRs in my team so I'm not sure who exactly to bench besides Krillin.

There are only really two things you need to consider when you're making a team (at least in my experience). First is type.You currently have Two STR, Three AGL, and oneTEQ. A strong Int Type (say a Strike Event King Vegeta or Mecha Frezia) on Z-Hard could have free reign over your entire team, due to no PHY type to lower his damage. So you probably want to replace that Krillan with that Cell.

The other thing to consider is character links. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much of a common theme between your team, although I think Kid Goku and Raditz have Sibling, and Frezia might have a link with Cell, and 18 and Videl have Battlefield Diva.

Really, that's about it to making a team.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, I want a more cohesive theme to my team in the long run but I don't have much to work with since I always get gabrage pulls for the most part outside those 7 I listed. Thanks for the tips, actually is goign to be a bit before I can swap out Krillin since I need 9 more cost in order to not go over limit with Cell. Oh well.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah, I want a more cohesive theme to my team in the long run but I don't have much to work with since I always get gabrage pulls for the most part outside those 7 I listed. Thanks for the tips, actually is goign to be a bit before I can swap out Krillin since I need 9 more cost in order to not go over limit with Cell. Oh well.

Sounds like you need to get your rank up as well. For that, it's better to grind the story events, since they give you 1.5 x the rank.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My current lineup is:
SR Android 18 (agi)
SR Raditz (teq)
SR Videl (str)
SR kid Goku (agi)

SR Perfect Cell (phy)
SR Teen Trunks (teq)

Sometimes just putting your biggest hitters together works, but links are important. Your real issue that I see is a lack of a good leader ability. Kid Goku's is pretty solid for a type balanced team, for lack of anything else. Definitely keep 18 and Videl together, Battlefield Diva is a good link.

And yeah, just keep powering through the story. Cost stops being a problem in pretty short order.

Now I'm back on the Gregory Grind™. Just awakened SR STR Tien. Chiaotzu is next. Then MORE AGL characters. Soon I'll have 4 competent teams. :ssj:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 21, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ugh they're bringing Mercenary Tao's event back again, lame

where's the Vegeta event? That's the one that needs a repeat the most, if we're not going to get new stuff for a while

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My current lineup is:
SR Android 18 (agi)
SR Raditz (teq)
SR Videl (str)
SR kid Goku (agi)

SR Perfect Cell (phy)
SR Teen Trunks (teq)

For myself, I almost always run single color teams. As long as you know the boss' color in advance, it's much easier to play and easier to survive. Links are less critical, but I would not hesitate to promote a SR over a R if it gives me links.

For rainbow color teams, I would say it is more important to find links and the mindless way to do it is to first build by what most of your best cards are affliated to like Z-Fighters only, Androids Only, Ginyu Team Only, Saiyan Team Only, Frieza's minio...ugh.....gently caress that team. Then just tinker off that.

isme fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Sep 21, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

ugh they're bringing Mercenary Tao's event back again, lame

where's the Vegeta event? That's the one that needs a repeat the most, if we're not going to get new stuff for a while

I've got good news for you.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
So, the missions that reward you for beating something on hard without using an item, how am I to interpret 'stage' in that? Is the number related to the individual maps or the entire arc of missions for that scenario? Hard (9) doesn't tell me exactly what it means. I guess it's not using an item for anything in one of the big arcs.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Syrant posted:

So, the missions that reward you for beating something on hard without using an item, how am I to interpret 'stage' in that? Is the number related to the individual maps or the entire arc of missions for that scenario? Hard (9) doesn't tell me exactly what it means. I guess it's not using an item for anything in one of the big arcs.

The number refers to the chapter number, so you only need to do one stage of each "arc" to get those.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Petiso posted:

I've got good news for you.

I am so ready to farm Vegetas

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Holy poo poo, I LOVE being able to do any/all the Medal events whenever you want! It should be like this every week! I was just thinking how convenient it would be to not have to wait for a specific day to farm when I might be busy myself.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Holy poo poo, I LOVE being able to do any/all the Medal events whenever you want! It should be like this every week! I was just thinking how convenient it would be to not have to wait for a specific day to farm when I might be busy myself.

Is this a new feature... or a bug?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Webbeh posted:

Is this a new feature... or a bug?

Looks like a "This week only" thing, any Medal event available all day, any day. Got it's own banner and everything. Seems like they're cranking the new content into high gear.

Plus, the Vegeta SR I ignored the first go around is back sometime this week, so psyched for that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ended up getting a R Cell Jr (phy) and had the medals so I ended up Z awakening him since he links with both cell and Frieza 2nd form. Was this a boneheaded thing to do?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Unless you're running out of space, not really. You can always use it as training fodder too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ended up getting a R Cell Jr (phy) and had the medals so I ended up Z awakening him since he links with both cell and Frieza 2nd form. Was this a boneheaded thing to do?

He's actually pretty solid on an PHY team. Decent special, has a nice damage reduction passive if an INT character attacks him. I quite like mine.

Edit: :tviv: I actually got a Supreme Kai medal from a medal level! Now I have to decide who gets it, since I have 3 SSRs that can use it.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 21, 2015

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

I finally got my entire team to 100/80/60 last night. And yet a team of 1 100 and 5 80's AGL's still has some trouble with Cyborg Tao on Z-Hard. At least I've been two for two on getting his Super Attack up today.

I think I didn't understand strike events when Vegeta was first up, because I only have 1. Hopefully I have some lucky getting his Super Attack Stronger.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Are you using +3 Ki (Pikkon) as leader and friend? As long as you string couple nice supers before he kills you off, you should do fine. My AGI team is a mixture of Awakened SRs and Rs and I do fine with Z-Hard Cyborg Tao and use up a Cargo or a Capsule at most, most time I do fine without even healing.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Yeah, I just changed it to Pikkon to make use of that +3 Ki. I haven't missed a drop on Z-Hard with Cyborg Tao yet, so either I'm lucky or the drop rate is high.

I also decided to do 2 Single Pulls thanks to the Dragon Stones given today. My first one was the R Goten. My second? SSR Super Sayian Goku Strength. Now I can have a full Sayian Rainbow Team. And now I just need to get up to 50 gregories to Awaken him, since I had more than enough of every other medal and Zenni.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cozz posted:

Yeah, I just changed it to Pikkon to make use of that +3 Ki. I haven't missed a drop on Z-Hard with Cyborg Tao yet, so either I'm lucky or the drop rate is high.

My original Tao was only super 3, I got him to 10 without missing a single drop. It's so good I'm probably going to farm him as training fodder tomorrow. I've got a Str Android 18 I need to train up.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I pulled SSR Kaioken goku to go with SSR STR SSJ goku and SSR SSJ2 Agi Goku. I have given up hoping for a SSR that is not Goku, my team will just be lots of goku doing Kamehameha.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
At least you can use all your Goku at once. I have two SSJ Vegetas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This loving Vegeta strike has buckets of health. Teq is one of my weaker groups apart from SSJ Vegeta and a half trained Final Form Frieza. It's a loving slog right now..