Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

duffmensch posted:

In Arizona people freak the gently caress out when it gets cloudy and just looks like it might rain.

Then it does and people are doing 95 on the shoulder cause gently caress you.

I got pulled over on the 101 once because I was doing the speed limit in the rain. AZ sucks at driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I like how I can always spot Basarabian Hills' logo because I know I can't read it.

I also like that you can tell exactly how deathcore a band is by how legible the text is.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I really love to *****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Wd-Q3F8KM

cap601
Feb 16, 2011

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Captain Redbeard posted:

Really dissapointed he didn't say pigs are haram.

edit: yeah that ^

Here's the one I saw today, although I call shenanigans on it. I've never known a Muslim who would hit post before correcting that typo/misspelling.

"jester"

Pretty sure they meant "gesture".

Bored has a new favorite as of 07:01 on Sep 19, 2015

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Bored posted:

Here's the one I saw today, although I call shenanigans on it. I've never known a Muslim who would hit post before correcting that typo/misspelling.

"jester"

Pretty sure they meant "gesture".

If he doesn't speak English as a first language, it's an easy mistake to make and one I've seen made before.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Christians used to tell my grandma how they could make her ilfe whole and change her poo poo. Little did they know that she was literally bipolar and also knew the bible by heart. Imagine some Jehova or Mormon walking up to that mess and trying to save her heart.

In the end they made a truce: Let us drink coffee together and enjoy each other's company, as long as we don't talk religion. I reckon missionaries deciding not to talk religion is pretty rare all in all.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Jester is, in all honestly, a word that should be used more often.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I reckon missionaries deciding not to talk religion is pretty rare all in all.

Depends on the branch of Christianity. Some, even some considered evangelical, believe in leading people to Jesus by deeds and not words(ie: we bring you this food/shelter/etc because God wants us to make the world better, take it, if you want to seek God come and talk to us when you are ready).

You just don't hear about those because they are drowned out by the loud 'Come to Jesus and then we will feed you!' types.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RFC2324 posted:

Depends on the branch of Christianity. Some, even some considered evangelical, believe in leading people to Jesus by deeds and not words(ie: we bring you this food/shelter/etc because God wants us to make the world better, take it, if you want to seek God come and talk to us when you are ready).

You just don't hear about those because they are drowned out by the loud 'Come to Jesus and then we will feed you!' types.

Yeah, that makes sense. My grandma born and died lutheran though, I just always thought it was sweet that they decided to hang out instead of try and convert each other.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. My grandma born and died lutheran though, I just always thought it was sweet that they decided to hang out instead of try and convert each other.

I was raised Methodist, which is defined as evangelical, and I was confused by all the hate missionaries got for the longest time, until I started encountering Baptists and other pushy sects.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

RFC2324 posted:

Texas, huh?

Mojave desert.

Too hospitable to be Texas.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

RFC2324 posted:

I was raised Methodist, which is defined as evangelical, and I was confused by all the hate missionaries got for the longest time, until I started encountering Baptists and other pushy sects.

I'm Southern Baptist. I was confused, too, until I ran into Southern Baptists on a church summer camp. :v: Took me a while to understand that the church I grew up in was really weird by SBC standards and almost got thrown out of the organization for having women deacons.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I guess I've been lucky. The most intense missioning I've experienced was basically an old lady telling her grandson to hand me a pamphlet. Kid was cute and talkative, asked me all sorts of poo poo. We were chatting until I was like "well, I think the earth is milli[lady basically cut off everything. Physical mic shutoff.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Have some shots of Bulgarian English menus.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
REMOVE STONED KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Those sly potatoes are up to something...

Alternative pants
Nov 2, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Request name change to Stoned Kebab.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Shirley I'm not the only one who's surprised they drew the swastika the right way on the first try

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Smoke posted:

Russian is also hilariously broken. Which is interesting, because if they translated everything word by word it would make more sense. Like, instead of honey they have copper, even though 'мед' it's the same word in Bulgarian and Russian.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

amityville anus posted:

Shirley I'm not the only one who's surprised they drew the swastika the right way on the first try

No, you aren't. And stop calling me Shirley.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

goose fleet posted:

REMOVE STONED KEBAB FROM THE PREMISES

I'm more curious about the plating of "chicken liver in a village".

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

sticklefifer posted:

I'm more curious about the plating of "chicken liver in a village".

Same, but for the "chicken hearts in village".

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Same, but for the "chicken hearts in village".

Imagine the Battle of the Oranges, but with chicken hearts.

Masked Pumpkin
May 10, 2008
Must be a hearts and minds campaign.

On a related note, chicken heads and feet are sold around here as a delicacy - they're known colloquially as walky-talkies:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Any time someone tells you a food is a delicacy, you can rest assured that what they mean is "this is the most garbage part of the animal".

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Any time someone tells you a food is a delicacy, you can rest assured that what they mean is "this is the most garbage part of the animal".*

* Does not Apply to Cow.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Any time someone tells you a food is a delicacy, you can rest assured that what they mean is "this is the most garbage part of the animal".

"Go ahead, eat our sheep brain covered in chicken feathers. It's a Regional Delicacy."

"You know what? I think this is a game of 'Let us see what offendi will eat. And I am not eating this, my friend."

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

The MSJ posted:

How much do you hate a guy that you have to announce this?

loving Mudasir.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Nervous Meatballs

:ohdear:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Nervous Meatballs

:ohdear:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

grumplestiltzkin posted:

WarpedNaba posted:

"Go ahead, eat our sheep brain covered in chicken feathers. It's a Regional Delicacy."

"You know what? I think this is a game of 'Let us see what offendi will eat. And I am not eating this, my friend."

You both appear to be channeling the spirit of Terry Pratchett.

'Mind you there's a difference between a regional delicacy that the locals eat, and a regional delicacy that gets fed to tourists with smothered sniggers' - Jingo

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

That's what I was aiming for, certainly.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Chicken feet as served in dim sum are pretty much like chicken wings, really. You could tell people they were "Cantonese-style chicken wings" and they'd probably believe you

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

tacodaemon posted:

Chicken feet as served in dim sum are pretty much like chicken wings, really. You could tell people they were "Cantonese-style chicken wings" and they'd probably believe you

Except for the fact that they have no meat on them. The collagen definitely has a different taste and texture to it than meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Smoke posted:

I saved some from last year when i was in Balchik
With extra roaches

(mushrooms)

• Locked thread