Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Yeah, I couldn't seem to join any public missions either. Presumably some server somewhere is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Rap Three Times posted:

So I can load into Warframe alright, but my chat window just shows a loading symbol. Has done for the last 30 minutes despite a relog and a restart.

Is anyone else getting that?

I'm getting that too. Did the mission for my Wraiths just fine, but the chat system never loaded.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Are the Wraith Twin Vipers tradeable or can I just sell them to get my free slot?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
I was able to log in, join a pub match to get my wraith twin vipers, but chat is still down.

YMMV

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Randler posted:

Are the Wraith Twin Vipers tradeable or can I just sell them to get my free slot?

They shouldn't be tradeable.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Having never faced them before, I just want to say I think Isolator Bursas are my new least favourite enemy.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

The wraith twin vipers look like crit seekers, is that how I should build em? the low damage/semi decent crit rate makes me think so.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Male Man posted:

On the dev stream they claimed it was something outside their direct control, but weren't specific.

Makes me think their ISP or server host is having issues.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

winterwerefox posted:

The wraith twin vipers look like crit seekers, is that how I should build em? the low damage/semi decent crit rate makes me think so.

Don't build them for anything. Their ammo economy is so poor you can barely use them.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Don't build them for anything. Their ammo economy is so poor you can barely use them.

So if I never had them, would you advocate for grinding them to 30 and selling them off?

Are they that bad?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Never sell a weapon. Slot plat is easy to get by void running and mod selling.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

So what's the best frame to use if I like using lovely weapons and want to make them marginally less lovely? Hall of Malevolence Mirage?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

vOv posted:

So what's the best frame to use if I like using lovely weapons and want to make them marginally less lovely? Hall of Malevolence Mirage?

Vex armor from chroma is pretty tight. with supermaxed strength you can get like 800% damage with weapons

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i wonder if :de: will eventually decide to also apply their multishot ammo "fix" to mirage's holograms

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

vOv posted:

Use Eclipse on Mirage, it's a better damage amp.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Tallgeese posted:

Never sell an event/prime weapon anywa. poo poo like the Aklex/Akmagnus/easily obtainable poo poo? Yeah just go ahead and sell it who cares.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So if I never had them, would you advocate for grinding them to 30 and selling them off?

Are they that bad?

Tallgeese posted:

Sell all garbage weapons and weapons you won't use again.

Nobody will ever care about your ~~~~event gun~~~~ collection that has never seen the light of day other than getting it to 30 :psyduck:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

On the other hand, it might be worth holding on to stuff like the twin vipers in case they realize the reason everyone uses the Twin Grakata is because it has enough ammo to actually use it.

I mean, I wouldn't hold my breath, but what's one weapon slot?

What's the Bursa gimmick? Shoot them in the back?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Haquer posted:

Nobody will ever care about your ~~~~event gun~~~~ collection that has never seen the light of day other than getting it to 30 :psyduck:

Can't hurt to hedge your bets in case they randomly pull a Lex Prime on something :v:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

22 Eargesplitten posted:

On the other hand, it might be worth holding on to stuff like the twin vipers in case they realize the reason everyone uses the Twin Grakata is because it has enough ammo to actually use it.

So far I've just been knocking them down till they become hackable then I hack them and walk away :shrug:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Not like it matters now since the servers exploded, but yes.

Sorry to Curtailer et. al. who got screwed. Who are you four, anyway?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's fine, I already had the Wraith Twin Vipers from the last time they were offered. At this point, the second pair just means a free weapon slot. I'll go back in with the proper non-non-Secura Penta, and Loki and better weapons later this evening.

Just... gently caress this game sometimes, I just don't want to play it anymore right now.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

All right. If I happen to be around I'll help you out.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Wait what's this about people getting screwed? Did the alert end earlier than it was meant to or something? :ohdear:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I hear the Void Trader has a pretty decent mod this weekend. Unfortunately, I cannot login for some reason, despite getting the recent small update and all my information being correct. Could I beg someone to pick up a copy of Fanged Fusillade and hold onto it for me, until this gets resolved? I have a bit of plat, for your trouble.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

aegof posted:

I hear the Void Trader has a pretty decent mod this weekend. Unfortunately, I cannot login for some reason, despite getting the recent small update and all my information being correct. Could I beg someone to pick up a copy of Fanged Fusillade and hold onto it for me, until this gets resolved? I have a bit of plat, for your trouble.

I'll nab a spare for you, but... Fanged Fusillade, decent? I'm not sure what you'd put this on other than a Dread or Miter.

I've got the spare for you, now.

Orabilis fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 20, 2015

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Haquer posted:

If you're a certain sort of person you don't like the idea of getting rid of something you can't get back.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
worst case scenario it's 6 plat to keep it forever.

you'd have to be an incredible miser to say no to a 6 plat gun.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Crono S. Magnum posted:

It would be funny as hell if they compensated players with a single r1 common core per max rank serration.

Only max rank. Rank 9? Go gently caress yourself. Rank 8? they take away the mod AND all your credits. Below that? Pick one warframe; You are allowed to keep that one and lose all warframe slots, all weapons and your kubrow perma dies.

DESteve demands BLOOD!

I know there's goon hyperbole but posts like this make me think you guys haven't ever played any other F2P MMOs. Warframe is exceedingly fair in comparison to its competitors.
Nexon, for instance, would go "gently caress your cores you'll eat poo poo and you'll like it"

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
what the gently caress is Nexon?

edit: oh they publish maple story.
edit2: vvv well get to showing vvv

Denzine fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 20, 2015

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Denzine posted:

what the gently caress is Nexon?

Oh my friend I have such sights to show you :allears:

-P2Win services in many games
-Grinds with exp curves that look like this: http://i.imgur.com/Y9e4l8F.jpg (please note this is the "nice" exp curve it used to be far, far worse)
-Minimal inventory space with additional slots only purchasable in cash shop. Imagine Warframe where you could only hold 4 types of resources and the rest of them required you to purchase slots for them.
-EXP boosters are cash shop only barring certain events (alleviated now at least in the US).
-Instant death pits which cause...
-...exp loss upon death and/or armor damage. Since it takes a percentage of your exp this can set you back days
-AWFUL Customer service to the degree that the community uses it as a punchline.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 20, 2015

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

SSNeoman posted:

I know there's goon hyperbole but posts like this make me think you guys haven't ever played any other F2P MMOs. Warframe is exceedingly fair in comparison to its competitors.
Nexon, for instance, would go "gently caress your cores you'll eat poo poo and you'll like it"

No poo poo. If this is the amount of teeth-gnashing just from DE's antics, some people here would pop a vein when dealing with other F2P games developers. OK, if DE acted like Mechwarriors Online's Piranha Games (PGI), Warframe would have these things happening to it (I need to remind you that these are not hyperbole and ACTUALLY HAPPENED):

- Scott would declare spamming powers is against the vision so if you keep spamming powers the energy cost would exponentially increase until it would cost you the entire energy bar just for one power. There will be no UI indicator of this or any guide telling anyone, especially new players, how this works.
- Players would hate this so much and on the brink of revolt. Then during Tenno Live, Scott would refuse to talk to anyone or address the issue at all and spend the entire evening playing Tetris on his phone.
- Steve would announce that new set of Warframes would be available to pre-purchase, belonging to the Sentient factions. One of them will be more powerful than all existing Warframes. You can also purchase a special bundle of this pack and get a special golden skin for your new Warframes. That bundle costs $500.
- There will be no new maps, no new game modes, for 2 years, while all the devs would put forward are Prime Access and the bundle packs. No broken old Warframes would get a revisit or rework.
- Founders still missing features from the original pack they bought years ago, after 2.5 years.
- Everyone is wondering what the devs are doing with the money from the packs they sold since they only put out more Warframes and nothing else.
- The devs announced on a sub Reddit, which they controlled, that they're working on another game and put up a Kickstarter on it. The game will be a Star Citizen clone. It's pretty obvious the early development is paid for by the money they got from the Warframe packs. The Kickstarter would be a disaster and the sub reddit shut down due to complains and the mods, who are devs, silencing complains. Then Steve would brush the whole affair aside and proclaimed new vigor in developing Warframe.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

Well I was being hyperbolic. It was an attempt at humor.

I see that it has failed.

Oh well! In other news I just built a Tonkor and holy poo poo is that thing fun!

Edit: Oh and I'm looking forward to 17.5! I know you guys are saying StoneFrame will be meh, but he looks really fun to me and I love the idea of a homing punch that gets stronger and stronger!

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 20, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"Don't complain about the devs, there are EVEN WORSE guys so shut your mouth and never complain again"

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Well I was being hyperbolic. It was an attempt at humor.

I see that it has failed.

Oh well! In other news I just built a Tonkor and holy poo poo is that thing fun!

Edit: Oh and I'm looking forward to 17.5! I know you guys are saying StoneFrame will be meh, but he looks really fun to me and I love the idea of a homing punch that gets stronger and stronger!

I like the grenade launchers. Tonkor is absurd crit damage. The Secura Penta has controllable detonations and... all the self-damage the Tonkor doesn't!

Warframe is kind of haphazard as to which ones are suicide if detonated too close.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Orabilis posted:

I like the grenade launchers. Tonkor is absurd crit damage. The Secura Penta has controllable detonations and... all the self-damage the Tonkor doesn't!

Warframe is kind of haphazard as to which ones are suicide if detonated too close.

The Tonkor the only 'safe' explosives weapon. All the other ones deal full damage to you.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Tonkor's safe(... -er) because it's allegedly also a one-time bounce pad in a can, although the particular dynamics of the grenades make it difficult to use on yourself, and--after some complaints by certified fun-haters--the bounce no longer affects teammates.

It still ragdolls the hell out of enemies it kills, though.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Mirage, Tonkor, Hall of Mirrors, Eclipse, and your bestest most garish energy color is my absolute favorite defense setup. :torgue:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Male Man posted:

Tonkor's safe(... -er) because it's allegedly also a one-time bounce pad in a can, although the particular dynamics of the grenades make it difficult to use on yourself, and--after some complaints by certified fun-haters--the bounce no longer affects teammates.

It still ragdolls the hell out of enemies it kills, though.

Sometimes when I'm using Mirage + Tonkor I'll run into a crowd of enemies, aim straight down, and fire. It usually works pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

SSNeoman posted:

Oh my friend I have such sights to show you :allears:

-P2Win services in many games
-Grinds with exp curves that look like this: http://i.imgur.com/Y9e4l8F.jpg (please note this is the "nice" exp curve it used to be far, far worse)
-Minimal inventory space with additional slots only purchasable in cash shop. Imagine Warframe where you could only hold 4 types of resources and the rest of them required you to purchase slots for them.
-EXP boosters are cash shop only barring certain events (alleviated now at least in the US).
-Instant death pits which cause...
-...exp loss upon death and/or armor damage. Since it takes a percentage of your exp this can set you back days
-AWFUL Customer service to the degree that the community uses it as a punchline.

wid posted:

No poo poo. If this is the amount of teeth-gnashing just from DE's antics, some people here would pop a vein when dealing with other F2P games developers. OK, if DE acted like Mechwarriors Online's Piranha Games (PGI), Warframe would have these things happening to it (I need to remind you that these are not hyperbole and ACTUALLY HAPPENED):

- Scott would declare spamming powers is against the vision so if you keep spamming powers the energy cost would exponentially increase until it would cost you the entire energy bar just for one power. There will be no UI indicator of this or any guide telling anyone, especially new players, how this works.
- Players would hate this so much and on the brink of revolt. Then during Tenno Live, Scott would refuse to talk to anyone or address the issue at all and spend the entire evening playing Tetris on his phone.
- Steve would announce that new set of Warframes would be available to pre-purchase, belonging to the Sentient factions. One of them will be more powerful than all existing Warframes. You can also purchase a special bundle of this pack and get a special golden skin for your new Warframes. That bundle costs $500.
- There will be no new maps, no new game modes, for 2 years, while all the devs would put forward are Prime Access and the bundle packs. No broken old Warframes would get a revisit or rework.
- Founders still missing features from the original pack they bought years ago, after 2.5 years.
- Everyone is wondering what the devs are doing with the money from the packs they sold since they only put out more Warframes and nothing else.
- The devs announced on a sub Reddit, which they controlled, that they're working on another game and put up a Kickstarter on it. The game will be a Star Citizen clone. It's pretty obvious the early development is paid for by the money they got from the Warframe packs. The Kickstarter would be a disaster and the sub reddit shut down due to complains and the mods, who are devs, silencing complains. Then Steve would brush the whole affair aside and proclaimed new vigor in developing Warframe.

meanwhile in the land of the living