Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Grats on the new job

this webclient for irc kinda sucks. but i am too dumb to get limewire to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

fjelltorsk posted:

Grats on the new job

this webclient for irc kinda sucks. but i am too dumb to get limewire to work

...limewire? Why aren't you just using mIRC or something?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Some dude just called me up from a withheld phone number and asked whether I was still looking for my stolen Yamaha XT660X (which was stolen almost exactly a year ago). I told him that I would be interested to hear if he knew where it was. He said that he knew where it was, and had verified the correct VIN. He also said that he know exactly the guy who had it and where to find it.

Then he asked if there was any sort of reward for finding it. I told him that no, I wasn't offering anything, because I had gotten my insurance payout and thus the motorcycle technically belongs to the insurance company now. So any information he could give me would be passed on to the insurance company and the police.

After that he suddenly didn't want to give me any information after all :rolleyes:

Goddamn scammers.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Sigma X posted:

...limewire? Why aren't you just using mIRC or something?

because mac i guess?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

fjelltorsk posted:

because mac i guess?

http://colloquy.info/

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

i am too dumb i think, i put in synirc.net, and when i press join room nothing happens...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

blk posted:

I used to use gas exclusively, now I use charcoal exclusively. Lighting a chimney starter and walking away for 10-15 minutes isn't hard.

It's not hard, but I seriously grill 3-5 days a week, sometimes 7, and that's a lot of charcoal to be going through.

Plus a lot of waste, as it's usually just for me. Wife is a vegetarian so not much of hers gets cooked out there.

And a propane grill with a sear burner does an awesome job. Cheap propane grills, though? I'd rather cook over a pile of burning leaves.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Our gas got stolen from the grill at our shop. And now I have to cook steaks in the pizza oven for lunch like a poor. :(

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Ideling at work is expensive, agreed to meet a dude who is selling an impreza wagon...

i just want a car i can work on, i miss working on stuff

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

fjelltorsk posted:

Ideling at work is expensive, agreed to meet a dude who is selling an impreza wagon...

i just want a car i can work on, i miss working on stuff

Buy a VW Crafter, if mine is anything to go by they always need work done.

And they're big enough that nothing is hard to reach.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KozmoNaut posted:

Some dude just called me up from a withheld phone number and asked whether I was still looking for my stolen Yamaha XT660X (which was stolen almost exactly a year ago). I told him that I would be interested to hear if he knew where it was. He said that he knew where it was, and had verified the correct VIN. He also said that he know exactly the guy who had it and where to find it.

Then he asked if there was any sort of reward for finding it. I told him that no, I wasn't offering anything, because I had gotten my insurance payout and thus the motorcycle technically belongs to the insurance company now. So any information he could give me would be passed on to the insurance company and the police.

After that he suddenly didn't want to give me any information after all :rolleyes:

Goddamn scammers.

Call the police and get the phone logs?

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Figured out how to get at the subwoofer in my Suburban cause it sounds ungodly awful... buuuuuut the tires are dry rotted. Priorities.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Found another truck that came from the factory missing a couple critical bolts in the suspension. Fairly obvious ones too. Clearly I need to get a job in Freightliner's QC department because it doesn't appear that they do much of anything ever.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
Not sure if i've eaten too much or not enough. Might have to order a pizza to find out.

After many anxious months of being broke, and grabbing every job at work and working my rear end off i was well excited to have some money saved up. Not a lot, about 2,500. Then my best mate calls me and asks to borrow a grand for his rent. :cripes:

Friar Zucchini posted:

Figured out how to get at the subwoofer in my Suburban cause it sounds ungodly awful... buuuuuut the tires are dry rotted. Priorities.

When the dash speaker in my van was cooked i just unplugged it for a bit until i could be bothered to buy a new one.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Or you could do what I do and just drive to the NPR-approved head-bobbin thunderous beats of SIX LITERS OF VORTEC FURY feat DJ windNoise :v:

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Sep 19, 2015

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I have two hours to kill here at work before anything happens; I might give IRC a try for the first time in many years.

Mooseykins posted:

After many anxious months of being broke, and grabbing every job at work and working my rear end off i was well excited to have some money saved up. Not a lot, about 2,500. Then my best mate calls me and asks to borrow a grand for his rent. :cripes:

Friendship and money never mixes well, believe me. If you loaned that money to your friend and you wish to remain friends with him, you'd best be prepared to eat the loss entirely.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MrChips posted:

Friendship and money never mixes well, believe me. If you loaned that money to your friend and you wish to remain friends with him, you'd best be prepared to eat the loss entirely.

Yeah, you're not wrong. Luckily he's an exception to that general rule, and we've never had an issue with money between us. Neither of us gently caress about with money or debt, and he's done a lot for me. When i wanted to learn to weld a while ago he gave me 800 to buy my TIG machine. I worked with/for him for a couple years and we both did well out of it. I'd have no issues just giving him the money, if i didn't kinda need to save up.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Just had the most amazing blue fin toro at my favorite sushi place in town, my wife and I go there often enough that the chef always throws in something extra, this time he surprised us with a whole plate of blue fin and it was magical, it's the freshest he's seen in a while, just came in this morning right before our lunch. Who could have thought tuna could taste so good.

AI poll: sushi/sashimi a la carte, or do you guys and gals prefer rolls?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Changing the oil today (third one, Focus ST), and drat but the oil just keeps on dripping out of this dumb engine. I pulled the plug when it was hot from a drive, and it's still dripping 2-3 drops per second after an hour. Really makes you think about how much filthy oil those quick-lube places (and dealerships) leave in there.

Luckily, I don't have any pressing reason to rush when I do it, and it can just drip away for a good part of the day while I'm doing other stuff.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bajaha posted:

Just had the most amazing blue fin toro at my favorite sushi place in town, my wife and I go there often enough that the chef always throws in something extra, this time he surprised us with a whole plate of blue fin and it was magical, it's the freshest he's seen in a while, just came in this morning right before our lunch. Who could have thought tuna could taste so good.

AI poll: sushi/sashimi a la carte, or do you guys and gals prefer rolls?

Only time I order rolls is if it's like...salmon or tuna strips draped over rice with more raw inside.

Keep all your lovely vegetables and cream cheese away from my fish.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So my Miata has had a water pump leak for over a year now, and I've just been filling it up with distilled water every couple of days because I can't find the time to loving fix it. Fill it up today and forget to put the cap back on, then drive across town where all the water I put in promptly exits the radiator. Luckily the cap was still there but jesus gently caress I hate making dumbass mistakes like that.

Also gently caress radiator stop leak right in the rear end, I can't get this poo poo flushed out to save my loving life :argh:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

iwentdoodie posted:

Keep all your lovely vegetables and cream cheese away from my fish.

Amen.

Although you do have to try a Yam tempura with cream cheese and cucumber, keep the lovely vegetables and cream cheese together. Seriously tasty as well.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I'm all about the nigiri, but I prefer my Toro as sashimi and I really dig dragon rolls. And if I'm trying a new spot I'll always try whatever their house roll is.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
^^^the place we always went in Guam had a pink Dragon roll that was tempura shrimp inside, and salmon over the top of the roll. That poo poo was bomb.

leica posted:

So my Miata has had a water pump leak for over a year now, and I've just been filling it up with distilled water every couple of days because I can't find the time to loving fix it. Fill it up today and forget to put the cap back on, then drive across town where all the water I put in promptly exits the radiator. Luckily the cap was still there but jesus gently caress I hate making dumbass mistakes like that.

Also gently caress radiator stop leak right in the rear end, I can't get this poo poo flushed out to save my loving life :argh:

Dude, I've been scraping stop leak remnants out of this cylinder head I have for like a week. It looks like loving dry/powder laundry soap. loving ridiculous.

Bajaha: I hate cucumber, otherwise that sounds good. The trend here is cuc and avocado in loving everything. One place was mixing god drat avocado into the sashimi rice, instead of wasabi. The gently caress.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm fine with cucumber most of the time, but one time I got some from my local supermarket and the cucumber was just one bigass chunk. gently caress that. Only time I've ever contemplated tossing out good food. (that's a lie I just poked it out and ate the rest, but good god do these people not understand the importance of texture?)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
On the topic of sushi, how do your local places do spicy tuna/salmon rolls?

Minced fish, or whole fish and a spicy sauce?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Around me it's about 50/50, personally I prefer just normal [fish] rolls with wasabi rather than the hot sauce.

The place right by my house I haven't been to in ages has fantastic prices on a la carte stuff, I need to go there again sometime.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Dude, I've been scraping stop leak remnants out of this cylinder head I have for like a week. It looks like loving dry/powder laundry soap. loving ridiculous.

This poo poo is the LIQUID bullshit that is basically like grease, this was the pan after flushing it two times with prestone flush:

Then after I dump the water out it sticks to the pan, wtf is this poo poo made of?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

^Stop leak is straight from Satan's rectum. That poo poo is the worst. NEVER PUT IT IN. It's never a good idea, and if it was PO fuckery then you can curse him/her for me as well.

iwentdoodie posted:

On the topic of sushi, how do your local places do spicy tuna/salmon rolls?

Minced fish, or whole fish and a spicy sauce?

Spicy salmon is fish with sauce, Spicy tuna is minced. Spicy tuna hand rolls are the best, it's like a little spicy tuna filled "ice-cream cone" of goodness. Nigiri is what I was thinking of, I've always just been calling it sushi a la carte. Getting good fish (and tropical froots for that matter) in the center of the country is pretty drat hard.

Avocado is great, but if it's not ripe or it's overripe, or they just double down on it then it can be bad. Maybe I'm biased though, when I was in Mexico last week I went nuts with the guac, sooo drat good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

This poo poo is the LIQUID bullshit that is basically like grease, this was the pan after flushing it two times with prestone flush:

Then after I dump the water out it sticks to the pan, wtf is this poo poo made of?

This motor had that, too. It's what I got bukaked with when I pulled a hose off. My garage floor has stains that won't come out from that poo poo.

And gently caress all of you, cause now I want sushi. Maybe I can talk the wife into it...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bajaha posted:

^Stop leak is straight from Satan's rectum. That poo poo is the worst. NEVER PUT IT IN. It's never a good idea, and if it was PO fuckery then you can curse him/her for me as well.

PO is an AI goon!

ToolShack!!! :argh:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

PO is an AI goon!

ToolShack!!! :argh:

Burn the witch.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
one day in #neai and i allready got infected...

2001 wrx, unmolested and in decent condtion. pics are from the seller who is a friend of my brother... i get to hoon around and play with car legos

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Enjoy the Lego and boostsu.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

fjelltorsk posted:

one day in #neai and i allready got infected...

2001 wrx, unmolested and in decent condtion. pics are from the seller who is a friend of my brother... i get to hoon around and play with car legos
You don't even live in new England, what is this.

Also you buy a lot of cars. I'm jealous.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Oh yas. Welcome to the turbo subaru club, Fjelltorsk.

Bajaha posted:

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Enjoy the Lego and boostsu.

subaru lego is best lego

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

ilkhan posted:

You don't even live in new England, what is this.

Also you buy a lot of cars. I'm jealous.

This is sorta because i want something to wrench on, and kinda because i wanted something to hoon around in the snow with. i might want to do some autocross aswell.

and it has a wing, and a scoop

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So yeah, I got to go watch drag boat races for a couple of hours today. I'll do a bigger photo post later on after I have them all edited and sorted, but man, that was a loving blast. Lots of twin turbo and supercharged big block powered jetboats, plus some really sleek Mercury powered outboard setups that sounded utterly mental. It was rad.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Man, after spending a day with a friends family and his pitbulls. I'm glad I have cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

This is sorta because i want something to wrench on, and kinda because i wanted something to hoon around in the snow with. i might want to do some autocross aswell.

and it has a wing, and a scoop

Also you should be able to bring it over to the states without much issue so that would help a lot too!

Though I guess you could bring your fancy pantsy car over too

• Locked thread