Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

OAquinas posted:

Guys, I'm worried. What if we're hitting Peak Freep Tears? Can we possibly get a better vintage year than this? :ohdear:

There's always more, and they're always...better? Wait, I think I did something wrong guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

OAquinas posted:

Guys, I'm worried. What if we're hitting Peak Freep Tears? Can we possibly get a better vintage year than this? :ohdear:

Shouldn't you wait until November to start bottling?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I can think of a few hundred things the Marine Corps made me do that I would happily have swapped in "march in a gay pride parade" for.

EDIT: remember when the Right Wing Rageosphere decided that making a Marine hold an umbrella in the rain was an unthinkable demand from the Commander in Chief?
Yes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

My house is chock full of items that are exactly like bombs only without the explosives. I'm typing this post up right now on an ingenious device that is like a laptop bomb except it contains no explosives. I cook all of my meals on what could be described as a "stove-bomb" if it had something in it that exploded. Even the pillow I sleep on would be a "pillow-bomb" if I only just added a bomb to it. I'm America's worst nightmare. :twisted:

Worse still, your car engine is literally a nominally controlled active bomb

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Keeshhound posted:

Generally true only for election years. This year's harvest has been too bountiful to not start early though. Gay Marriage, any number of Papal statements, Iran deal, now this...you can't just leave it in the field!

This is how I picture Trollbama addressing the GOP (whenever he surfaces).

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 18, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

OAquinas posted:

Generally true only for election years.

I really just meant Thanksgiving.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

OAquinas posted:

Keeshhound posted:

Yeah no kidding, next November is going to be good.

edit

Keeshhound posted:

I really just meant Thanksgiving.

Oh yeah, that too. Holidays are great.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 19, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Another day, another stick in the eye.

12 posted on 9/18/2015, 2:45:38 PM by surrey
:perfect:

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

OAquinas posted:

I thought 2012 was peak Freeper tears. Turns out there's always more and it's always worse.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Kro-Bar posted:

I thought 2012 was peak Freeper tears. Turns out there's always more and it's always worse.

Freep tears are what bitcoin idiots thought bitcoin was going to be.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

There's always more, and they're always...better? Wait, I think I did something wrong guys.

I can't believe this one got missed from earlier today:

Are Muslims Humans?

FYI: It's bigot posting all-start or the deepest cover troll in history...re_nortex

quote:

Posted on 9/18/2015, 10:09:53 AM by re_nortex

In spite of the deliberately incendiary title, the essayist explores some thought-provoking issues concerning Islam. It's a long but well written piece, one that by no means is politically correct. Penned by a man born in Alexandria, Egypt to what he calls an average Muslim family, he began a "long journey of seeking the truth" and was unable to "reconcile the prescriptions for domination, violence, and slavery" of Islam.

Here's are several brief excerpts from the article but I recommend clicking the link to read it in its entirety.

...and we're off.

quote:

To: re_nortex
If you watch them in action, the answer is, no.

2 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:11:23 AM by sport

quote:

To: All
The motivation for posting this provocative essay arises from the well-publicized episode close to my North Texas home in Irving involving a homebrew "clock" and the reaction it produced when Ahmed Mohamed brought it to school.
The article posits a few points that are contrary to orthodox Christianity so please take that into account when reading. It's also quite lengthy, over 4,000 words. But FReepers will be readily able to handle that amount of content with ease.

6 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:16:27 AM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

quote:

8 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:20:30 AM by smoothsailing

quote:

It’s really quite simple...

islam is a satanic death cult
allah = satan
followers embrace & bow to satan and his savage evil (notice when they “prey” they are looking down to hell to satan while raising their rear end upwards in defiance of God)

So, YES they are animals.

PS: my apology to all other animals

9 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:20:42 AM by newfreep ("Evil succeeds when good men do nothting" - Edmund Burke)

quote:

Muslims human? Are you kidding. These animals still believe in head cutting, stoning, and so on. Human? Nope, never evolved.

11 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:32:27 AM by Logical me

...poo poo that totally happened.

quote:

To: miss marmelstein
Have you ever eaten with one??
Taking the question as non-rhetorical, I have never broken bread with one. One was in my PCP's office and did see me on occasion for minor things like colds. After 9/11, I asked that he be removed from his rotation. As it turns out, so did the majority of other patients. He then scurried back to Pakistan since virtually no one wanted him to touch them.

16 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:49:12 AM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

quote:

I was paraphrasing a joke from the movie “The Producers.”

18 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:57:43 AM by miss marmelstein (Richard the Third: I'd like to drive away not only the Turks (moslims) but all my foes.")

quote:

To: lacrew
Or did the kid just throw a bunch of electronics in a briefcase, and add an alarm clock to make a hoax bomb?
That's how I saw it but was taken to task by quite a few FReepers for my default position of not trusting the yute and for siding with the school and police. The track record of muzzie behavior has made me personally choose the "guilty until proven innocent" approach with them.

23 posted on 9/18/2015, 11:04:07 AM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)

quote:

They are anti-humans.

25 posted on 9/18/2015, 11:20:03 AM by Starstruck (I'm usually sarcastic. Deal with it.)

quote:

To: onedoug
Human? Yes, Feral humans. The only way we can survive
is to break them, to civilize them if possible.
If not then they must be put down like the mad dogs
they are.

The important thing to remember is that they feel
the same way about us already.

33 posted on 9/18/2015, 12:11:06 PM by tet68 ( " We would not die in that man's company, that fears his fellowship to die with us...." Henry V.)

quote:

To: GraceG
Appalachia in the US has the 10 poorest places in America, they are 97 % white and have a crime rate 54 % lower than the National Average. .......Being poor does not cause criminal behavior..... Being a refugee from the ME and or Africa does...it's the culture with Si,am the stronghold that keeps them submissive to their death cult. So the left crying give them a better life that's free will only open the flood gates to their emotional and violent behaviors....those leaving Turkey have little control of themselves....as we see time and again...
Islam teaches them ,furthermore, to be demanding...they are "owed" such from the Infidel, and genuinely believe we owe them, Which is why they are not grateful....We, as the infidels, must be subservient to their sense of superiority.

Protesting at Tovarnik Station in Croatia...first they ask...then they fight you...

44 posted on 9/18/2015, 5:58:07 PM by caww

...at this point just to read the thread. It's the closest to pure unbridled hate that I've seen on freep in a while. I think I covered most of it though.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 19, 2015

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
These tears about the Army Chief are just the antidote I needed after watching them spin a clock into a nefarious bomb plot.

Freep got mentioned in WaPo and then they proceed to take the exact opposite meaning as to just why they were mentioned in the first place

Washington Post posted:

Trump's response met with immediate backlash. He didn't correct the questioner's incorrect assertion about Obama's religion and, further, suggested that his administration was "going to look at that." Trump's campaign insisted that the "that" they'd be looking at wasn't getting rid of Muslims -- but rather, those alleged training camps.
So why the conspiracy theories? Because that's how conspiracy theories work. Conspiracy Web sites often point out how close to New York City Islamberg is -- even though it's really not very close at all. It's far enough away that Brooklynites see it as a refuge from the city's noise and activity. Mahmoudberg is "right down the road from the Bay City nuclear power plant," a commenter at TexasBowHunter.com points out. In a response to Trump's comments, a commenter at FreeRepublic.com points to the 2006 arrest of Muslims near Virginia -- right near "the Virginia Muslim cemetery [where] the Chechen who bombed Boston was buried." We're through the looking glass here, people.

There's no question that there exist places in the country where there are people organizing and plotting to harm the United States. Some might be motivated by faith. Are those plots being fomented at Islamville and Islamberg? Should Trump, on his first day in office as president, send law enforcement to root out the threat?

Well, law enforcement near Islamberg, in the person of Deputy Sheriff Dumont, doesn't seem to worried. And as for Mahmoudberg? The reason it's a focus of conspiracy theories is because of an FBI report.

Meaning that it's probably safe to assume that any nefarious activity -- if any evidence of some is found -- isn't escaping the notice of the authorities.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/09/18/donald-trump-and-the-terrorist-training-camps-conspiracy-theory-explained

Donald Trump and the ‘terrorist training camps’ conspiracy theory, explained [FR mentioned]

quote:

To: don-o
Do they really read us that often?

4 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:28:52 AM by The Ghost of FReepers Past (Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light..... Isaiah 5:20)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: The Ghost of FReepers Past
Do they really read us that often?
"They" monitor every post here. They don't have to read them. The 'big data' projects are about finding the needle in the haystack when you want to.

9 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:32:35 AM by PAR35
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Washington ComPost again. Just peaceful Muslims living a tranquil bucolic life like they do in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc., etc. RIGHT!!!!!

10 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:32:49 AM by ZULU (Mt. McKinley is the tallest mountain in N. America. Denali is Aleut for "scam artist.")

quote:

I swore I saw a piece about this on O’Reilly one night. The camps I mean..

13 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:39:12 AM by freespirit2012

This is the OP of the thread the WaPo cited, btw

quote:

OK, I read this article: Well, law enforcement near Islamberg, in the person of Deputy Sheriff Dumont, doesn't seem to worried. And as for Mahmoudberg? The reason it's a focus of conspiracy theories is because of an FBI report.
Yea, why should Christians in America be worried about such places.....Why are they allowed to operate? Did we let Hitler Youth Summer camps operate inside the USA in WW2?

What am I missing here? Anyway, there are Muslim "training camps" in America. The man who stated that was made to sound like one of those "conspiracy kooks" that lives in the woods because he has an accent and sounded angry. But he was not wrong.

20 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:43:47 AM by Trumpinator (You are all fired!!! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!)

:ironicat:

quote:

The irrelevant dinosaur media loves to point out “Conspiracy Web sites” because it makes them feel as if they're still legitimate.
“Oh no, you don't get your news for the INTERNET do you?” (scoff, scoff)
And then you find out that the Leftie reads Newsweak and listens to MSLSD.

You have to be careful about where you get your information or you go around believing crazy stuff like they put in the Washington Post and Huffington Post.

27 posted on 9/18/2015, 11:01:47 AM by PATRIOT1876 (The only crimes that are 100% preventable are those committed by illegal aliens)

quote:

To: Trumpinator
Frankly, I think your thread was good and well sourced. Let’s hope some WaPo readers follow the link and learn something!

28 posted on 9/18/2015, 11:05:24 AM by piytar (Good will be called evil and Evil will be called good.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

bkmk - good stuff, good post, good thread, good facts!

35 posted on 9/18/2015, 12:15:20 PM by ForYourChildren (Christian Education [ RomanRoadsMedia.com - Classical Christian Approach to Homeschool ])

Aaaand a snippet of comments from the thread WaPo cited:

quote:

As WW2 raged on in Europe would America have allowed Nazi training camps in the US?? Only if the president was a Nazi.

10 posted on 9/18/2015, 7:09:46 AM by drypowder

quote:

Can you say ,,, Dearbornastan , Michigan ???

12 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:09:19 AM by Lionheartusa1 ()-: 0bamanomics is the equal distribution of adolescent propaganda & indoctrination :-)

quote:

To: Georgia Girl 2
Enough with this coddling of Muslims. Immigrants to America had to swear they were not members of the Communist party. We should be forcing Muslims to swear an oath against Sharia.
Even though Muslims can lie about Islam as a religious duty - having that oath would allow prosecution and expulsion if a Muslim ever shows any pro Sharia sentiment.

13 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:40:59 AM by Trumpinator (You are all fired!!! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m pretty much with the guy in the audience on Muslims. How are we going to get rid of them? :-)

19 posted on 9/18/2015, 11:11:34 AM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose of a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

Show me a mosque & I'll show you jihadists being indoctrinated into the anti-American ideology known as islam.
The difference between moderate islam and radical islam is the latter is armed; both are anti-American.

24 posted on 9/18/2015, 7:13:33 PM by DBeers (†)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Does the Army even order units to go to gay pride events like that?

Every time my unit had an opportunity to do that it was a volunteer thing. "Hey let your sergeant know if you want to go be the honor guard for this thing. You get out of work for a day and you get to hang out at the parade/see the football game/watch the concert/whatever after you do your march", but maybe other units are different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VitalSigns posted:

Does the Army even order units to go to gay pride events like that?

Every time my unit had an opportunity to do that it was a volunteer thing. "Hey let your sergeant know if you want to go be the honor guard for this thing. You get out of work for a day and you get to hang out at the parade/see the football game/watch the concert/whatever after you do your march", but maybe other units are different.

When we had some army dudes at the last Pride thing I was at that was the case. Their CO just said 'hey you wanna hang out at this parade, it's a gay thing FYI but there's beer and last time we did it they didn't mind slipping us some freebie drinks so there's that' and let people sign up. I really can't imagine anyone being told they HAD to march in a parade.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah exactly. That was always great. You got paid to strut around, you didn't have to do any poo poo work, and if you were standing around after the parade people came up and thanked you for being you rather than asking you why you've got all this time to do nothing when there are cigarette butts that aren't being picked up.

I love this idea that the military treats pfc's with such dignity and respect that a parade is somehow beneath them. "Ugh I could be scrubbing poo poo off of latrine toilet seats on Ft Hood right now, thanks Obama"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 19, 2015

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Look at this, the pernicious gays sapping the vigor and fighting spirit from our uniformed service men, with them now preferring to stand around with a bunch of people who buy them drinks and don't yell at them

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Epic High Five posted:

Look at this, the pernicious gays sapping the vigor and fighting spirit from our uniformed service men, with them now preferring to stand around with a bunch of people who buy them drinks and don't yell at them

It's not that so much as gay men being an anathema to a Freeper's pre-concieved gender roles. Even more so than religion, the reason why gays are so hated is because the fly into the fundamental notion that men like men. Gay men don't like women so therefore they must be some bizzare anti-man that embodies the exact opposite of what they think a man should be. That's why Freepers go on about the "pussification" of the military because they can't fathom a gay man(or a woman, or trans person, or whatever) being a tough, badass soldier.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's not that so much as gay men being an anathema to a Freeper's pre-concieved gender roles. Even more so than religion, the reason why gays are so hated is because the fly into the fundamental notion that men like men. Gay men don't like women so therefore they must be some bizzare anti-man that embodies the exact opposite of what they think a man should be. That's why Freepers go on about the "pussification" of the military because they can't fathom a gay man(or a woman, or trans person, or whatever) being a tough, badass soldier.

They operate on the principles of the Tetrogenic Grid. Can't be a man if you're not a penetrator.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

quote:

The article posits a few points that are contrary to orthodox Christianity so please take that into account when reading.

Oh, so contrary to values like loving your neighbor, praying for those who persecute you, paying your taxes, visiting the imprisoned to comfort them, taking care of "the least of these", renouncing worldly wealth, etc?

ColdSnickersBar
Apr 7, 2005

Marine Presidential Guard is one of the most prestigious and sought-after billets after only, perhaps, drill instructor. Freepers imagine that Obama just decreed "fetch me an unfortunate Marine so that I might debase him", but in reality, that young Corporal busted his rear end to get the job of holding the umbrella for the world's most powerful man, and he's probably proud to be there.

I mean, look at it this way: there are a lot of shady motherfuckers that joined the Marine Corps. This guy, on the other hand, is trusted to be hovering his arm over The President's head. He has a TS/SCI security clearance with lifestyle polygraph by, probably, his early twenties.

Also, it's got to be more interesting than the long hours of "stand at parade rest" and occasionally "snap to and salute." Oh, and "obsessively maintain your dress whites".

ColdSnickersBar fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 19, 2015

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
No Assimilation Needed in U.S.,Obama Tells Millions of Migrants(THE NON-AMERICAN SPEAKS TRASH AGAIN)

quote:

No Assimilation Needed in U.S.,Obama Tells Millions of Migrants(THE NON-AMERICAN SPEAKS TRASH AGAIN)
breitbart ^ | 9/18/15 | n munro

Posted on 9/18/2015, 8:27:32 PM by bestintxas

Foreigners who want to become U.S. citizens don’t have to change their attitudes or beliefs, President Barack Obama said in a video aimed at convincing migrants to pursue American citizenship.

“It’s not about changing who you are, it’s about adding a new chapter to your journey… and to our journey as a nation of immigrants,” Obama narrates in his two-minute video urging almost 9 million resident migrants to sign up for citizenship so they can vote in 2016.

Obama’s deputies will award citizenship to 36,000 over the next few days.

But federal law — and reality — contradicts Obama’s progressive-style denial of Americans’ sophisticated, evolved and unique society, and contradicts his support for a chaotically diverse “nation of immigrants” devoid of any unique and shared loyalties and obligations.

“I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen,” says the first sentence of the citizenship oath.

quote:

To: bestintxas

There are no words to describe how vile and evil this man called Obama truly is.

2 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:29:45 PM by laplata ( Liberals/Progressives have diseased minds.)

quote:

To: skeeter

I cannot think of one person in my life who I have never met and yet I such distain for.

6 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:31:37 PM by manc (Marriage =1 man + 1 woman,when they say marriage equality then they should support polygamy)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Assimilation is critical for a Nation to maintain it’s Sovereignty.

Non-Assimilation is critical for OPPRESSION by BLEEDING HEART FASCISTS.

7 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:31:44 PM by G Larry (Climate change is responsible for melting the logic synapses of leftists.)

quote:

10 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:33:45 PM by OwenKellogg (CRUZ to Victory! Donate at tedcruz.org. The Trump Tsunami does not need your money.)

And something from another thread about Jeb crediting his wife with helping to develop his views on immigration

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

And something from another thread about Jeb crediting his wife with helping to develop his views on immigration

That...is astonishing. :bravo:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

AKA Pseudonym posted:

quote:

Assimilation is critical for a Nation to maintain it’s Sovereignty.

Non-Assimilation is critical for OPPRESSION by BLEEDING HEART FASCISTS.

7 posted on 9/18/2015, 8:31:44 PM by G Larry (Climate change is responsible for melting the logic synapses of leftists.)

Ah yes, the bleeding heart fascists. We all remember what Hitler did that made him so reviled; his program to allow non-Germans to come live in Germany regardless of the race, religion, etc without needing to abandon their culture, language, religion, etc. I believe it was called the Holocaust; the systematic acceptance and mass immigration of non-Germans into Germany.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Hackabee stuffing his face while standing in the back is wonderful too.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Trump is in his 60s and has not taken good care of his body, but this image still depicts him as lean, muscular, square-jawed and chiseled, pinching that rear end like he's somehow got virility left in him.

Like in Psudeonym's post you can see right above it an actual picture of Trump.

It's like that appeaser/warrior thing from 2004 except with much much more worship.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

CUCKSERVATIVE is literally written on the back wall and you guys can't tell it's a joke...?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

change my name posted:

CUCKSERVATIVE is literally written on the back wall and you guys can't tell it's a joke...?

It's a term that's been getting traction outside of the white power subreddits, though I haven't seen it cropping up much lately.

I kinda figured it was a joke because if it was intended to reflect reality it would just be Trump with a tommy gun laying waste to Jeb and Walker while ignoring everybody else, and Fiorina off to the side making some quip about the whole thing

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hackabee stuffing his face while standing in the back is wonderful too.

I think that's supposed to be Christie.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

change my name posted:

What part of it do you think is a joke? Ben Garrison has done quite a few pro-Trump cartoons, and /pol/ or 4chan or whomever loves taking Garrison's cartoons and trolling him/ trolling the Internet / espousing things they believe out pretend they believe ironically by adding in anti-Semitic memes.

If you're saying someone replaced "conservative" with "cuckservative", you're probably right. If you're saying that this wasn't a cartoon put together by Garrison to show strong, virile Donald Trump winning America's heart while blowing off those faggy, limp-wristed Establishment losers, then you're way off base.

Eta: here's the link to the original - http://garrisongraphics.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-trump-tango.html?m=1

The only thing different is that the wall says "wallflowers" instead of "cuckservatives", and quite frankly, given the theme of the comic, "cuckservatives" is just a more openly hateful way of saying exactly what Garrison implying here.

Edit 2: also my phone now recognizes "cuckservatives" as a word in autocorrect so gently caress his whole forum for having made me type that repeatedly

Eschers Basement fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 19, 2015

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

VitalSigns posted:

To: samtheman
Look, re_nortex, I am not here to defend Islam. I hate Islam. In my mind it is a greater evil than communism.
I was just about to turn in, samtheman, but caught your message and felt that I owe you the courtesy of a reply, albeit a quick one. I too hate islam with a burning intensity. The reason I dig in my heels and defend the Irving ISD on this matter is that they demonstrated that muzzies are under suspicion. As as for the PD, the article claims:

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Whether or not that account is factual is not germane to my point. The perception ought to be among all muzzies in this Republic that they're being constantly watched and not trusted. Yes, treated differently. Profiled. Dare I say discriminated against.

My hope is that incidents such as this make them wake up and realize they are simply not wanted here. In short, my dream is their day-to-day lives suffer what they perceive to be insults and humiliations. Ultimately, they'll get the message that they are not welcome in America because, frankly, they're not.

Apologies in advance because this time, for sure, I'm heading off to bed. I don't normally post and run but must due to the hour. I'll be back around in about eight hours and, if you wish, we can engage later. So again, good night and/or good morning!

41 posted on 9/16/2015, 6:18:16 PM by re_nortex (DP - that's what I like about Texas)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 39 | View Replies]

Sounds like something out of 1930's Germany

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Pro-Christian Vow; Trump Escalates Against Media’s ‘Muslim Obama’ Smear

Donald Trump posted:

The bigger issue is that Obama is waging a war against Christians in this country ...
Of course freep is eating this poo poo up!

quote:

To: springwater13
I would call myself a Trump Crusader, and i would stand up and don my armor, sharpen my sword, eat my meal, drink my wine.
Thats figuratively, little bit different nowadays.
And march upon his orders.

Make this man POTUS NOW!

34 posted on 9/18/2015, 6:43:36 PM by Daniel Ramsey (Trump to win! He wins, we win, the nation wins!)

quote:

Well...not a Trump fan, but he nailed this one about as well as it can be.

I’d love to have a news person question me for calling him a Muslim. I’d tell them he either IS a Muslim, or spends so much time up the backside of Muslims that no one can tell the difference!

46 posted on 9/18/2015, 7:04:28 PM by Mr Rogers (Can you remember what America was like in 2004?)

quote:

To: stars & stripes forever
Maybe McCain planted that guy in the audience so that the media would once again give him some love by showing how each candidate handled a similar situation. I don’t know, but McCain blew it big time the way he acted by grabbing that woman’s mic, turning his back on her and assuring all of us that we had NOTHING to fear from BHO. I’ sorry I ever supported that POS. Well, in all honesty, it was Sarah I supported.

66 posted on 09/18/2015 7:57:58 PM PDT by Catsrus (Trump/Cruz - the only 2 worth voting for. I callz 'em as I seez 'em.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Catsrus; Dawgreg
As well as saying that there is nothing to fear from Obama, McCain also said the Obama would make a good president.

As another poster stated up thread, that was the turning point for anyone with conservative Constitutional Republic values and outlook.

It started becoming obvious when McCain’s handlers started stifling Sarah Palin shortly after her great speech.

I did vote for Sarah. Sarah and the old guy.

It was a wrap after that, the eGOP and all the leftist liberals did everything they could to make sure Obama was elected AND reelected.

Romney gave it to Obama too.

100 posted on 09/18/2015 10:01:13 PM PDT by Syncro (Benghazi-LIES/CoverupIRS-LIES/CoverupDOJ-NO Justice-/Marxist Treason IMPEACH!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 66 | View Replies ]

quote:

Obozo is a lying sodomite puppet commie, and his allegiance is to Pisslam. Whether or not he believes in a god is questionable, he’s probably a narcisstic pyschopath, secularist. He’s stated he’s Christian and muzzie when convenient. Pisslam is more than a religion, or death cult, it’s form of gov’t, sharia law, economic system. Barry Soetoro was raised in such a theocratic system and it’s traditions, it’s not rocket science. Many muzzies are secular but identify as muzzie. And it’s obvious the great dalai ‘bama’s allegiance are not to the USA or it’s Constitution but to foreign interests, making him and his handlers domestic enemy scum. The hack media charade of acting surprised and stupid is a laughable joke. Megan Kelly needs to be confronted with facts and delegitimized in a public scorning with the rest of these propagandists.

89 posted on 9/18/2015, 9:19:32 PM by TheBigJ

quote:

Two obvious facts relative to POTUS Barack Hussein (Muslim Brotherhood) Obama, IMHO. He is not a Chrstian...he is anti-Christian! He is a Radical Muslim that hates the USA, and is doing all that he can to destroy this once great nation!!! GO DONALD TRUMP!!!

105 posted on 9/18/2015, 10:39:47 PM by JLAGRAYFOX ( My only objective is to defeat and destroy Obama & his Democrat Party!!!)

quote:

To: Flick Lives
Trump is not a surrender monkey. More like a 500 pound attack gorilla.
More like a throwback to the Spartans.

Leonidas had 300 to halt the heathen hoard of Xerxes.

Trump and his group of 35 key advisors are holding back the combined pressure of the GOPe, MSM, democrats, socialist and assorted communists at bay.

And like Leonidas, Trump sports a mullet.

107 posted on 9/18/2015, 11:03:56 PM by spokeshave (If an illegal alien is undocumented immigrant a drug dealer is an unlicensed pharmacist)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]
I hope he had both hands on the keyboard when he typed that :stonk:

quote:

If you look it up on the net, all it takes for one to become a muslim is to recite some words:

“Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process. All that a person has to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:

I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

These Arabic words mean, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.” Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim.”

That’s it, nothing else required. I’ll bet everything I own that obama has said those words. Therefore, in the eyes of islam, obama is muslim.

Now look up taqiyya, for why islam permits obama to lie about it.

146 posted on 9/19/2015, 6:50:50 AM by Cruz2Victory (Cruz2Victory!)

quote:

Too bad Trump didn’t stand with Christian kim davis.

Trimp pro-Christian vow shouldve started then.

183 posted on 9/19/2015, 2:18:11 PM by RginTN

quote:

To: RginTN
A chief tenet of Christian faith is forgiveness. People get all hot and bothered how about Trump said he tries not to need forgiveness... yet they won’t forgive Trump.

To starve an emaciated man scarcely sounds like a strategy to help him.

185 posted on 9/19/2015, 2:25:07 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 183 | View Replies]
*votes for shitlords that cut foodstamp funding to the poor and cites starvation as a great motivator to find work*

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Scientists Ask Obama To Prosecute Global Warming Skeptics

quote:

dailycaller ^ | 9/17/2015 | Michael Bastasch
Posted on 9/19/2015, 9:43:11 PM by MarvinStinson

The science on global warming is settled.

In fact, so settled that 20 climate scientists are asking President Barack Obama to prosecute people who disagree with them on the science behind man-made global warming.

Scientists from several universities and research centers even asked Obama to use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) to prosecute groups that “have knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change, as a means to forestall America’s response to climate change.”

RICO was a law designed to take down organized crime syndicates, but scientists now want it to be used against scientists, activists and organizations that voice their disagreement with the so-called “consensus” on global warming. The scientists repeated claims made by environmentalists that groups, especially those with ties to fossil fuels, have engaged in a misinformation campaign to confuse the public on global warming.

“The actions of these organizations have been extensively documented in peer-reviewed academic research and in recent books,” the scientists wrote.

But these riled up academics aren’t the first to suggest using RICO to go after global warming skeptics. The idea was first put forward by Rhode Island Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse, who argued using RICO was effective at taking down the tobacco industry.

“In 1999, the Justice Department filed a civil RICO lawsuit against the major tobacco companies… alleging that the companies ‘engaged in and executed — and continue to engage in and execute — a massive 50-year scheme to defraud the public, including consumers of cigarettes, in violation of RICO,’” Whitehouse wrote in the Washington Post in May.

“We strongly endorse Senator Whitehouse’s call for a RICO investigation,” the scientists wrote to Obama. “The methods of these organizations are quite similar to those used earlier by the tobacco industry. A RICO investigation (1999 to 2006) played an important role in stopping the tobacco industry from continuing to deceive the American people about the dangers of smoking.”

“If corporations in the fossil fuel industry and their supporters are guilty of the misdeeds that have been documented in books and journal articles, it is imperative that these misdeeds be stopped as soon as possible so that America and the world can get on with the critically important business of finding effective ways to restabilize the Earth’s climate, before even more lasting damage is done,” the scientists added.

This year has been a trying one for global warming skeptics. Earlier this year, Democratic lawmakers began an investigation into scientists who disagreed with the White House’s stance on global warming. Many of these skeptical scientists were often cited by those critical of regulations to curb greenhouse gas emissions.

Arizona Democratic Rep. Raul Grijalva went after universities employing these researchers, which resulted in one expert being forced to get out of the field of climate research altogether.

“I am simply not initiating any new research or papers on the topic and I have ring-fenced my slowly diminishing blogging on the subject,” Dr. Roger Pielke Jr. of the University of Colorado wrote on his blog.

“Congressman Grijalva doesn’t have any evidence of any wrongdoing on my part, either ethical or legal, because there is none,” Pielke wrote. “He simply disagrees with the substance of my testimony – which is based on peer-reviewed research funded by the US taxpayer, and which also happens to be the consensus of the IPCC (despite Holdren’s incorrect views).”

quote:

To: MarvinStinson
This is so incredibly frightening that I don’t even know what to say.

2 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:46:57 PM by MarMema

quote:

Once fanatics take charge of a new religion, they clamor for an inquisition to destroy, kill or otherwise hunt down and remove non-believers.

3 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:47:34 PM by Bon mots

quote:

Anybody who attempts to silence or suppress skeptics rather than refute them based upon evidence is NOT a scientist.

4 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:47:46 PM by MarvinStinson
That is in fact, MarvinStinson, exactly what they have been doing for the past few decades. It's almost as if you didn't fully read the article, instead moulding and distorting your perception of the facts to match a preconceived belief...

quote:

I kept thinking it was the Onion....

5 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:48:40 PM by moonhawk (What would he do differently if he WAS a muslim?)

A freeper proudly displays their utter lack of knowledge when it comes to the scientific method:

quote:

Right now this might be intended as a joke to get a rise out of the “denier” crowd, but demons can quickly turn jokes into reality.

What keeps science honest? Well it can’t be just “scientists.”

9 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:54:06 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
Actually yes, HiTech RedNeck, they do. It's called "peer review"

Meanwhile, an inquisition is called, by Laz no less

quote:

This is called EVIL.

I want the NAMES OF THESE “SCIENTISTS”.

6 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:49:52 PM by Lazamataz (Ok. We won't call them 'Anchor Babies'. From now on, we shall call them 'Fetal Grappling Hooks'.)

OP is happy to provide:

quote:

To: Bon mots
Here is a list of the “scientists”.

Those with a “ ** “ in front of their names are state employees and are in violation of the constitution for officially going on the record asking the President and the DOJ to prosecute those who disagree with them.

Jagadish Shukla, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Edward Maibach, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Paul Dirmeyer, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Barry Klinger, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Paul Schopf, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
David Straus, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
** Edward Sarachik, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
** Michael Wallace, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Alan Robock, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
** Eugenia Kalnay, University of Maryland, College Park,
MD
** William Lau, University of Maryland, College Park, MD
** Kevin Trenberth, National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO
**T.N. Krishnamurti, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
** Vasu Misra, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
** Ben Kirtman, University of Miami, Miami, FL
** Robert Dickinson, University of Texas, Austin, TX
Michela Biasutti, Earth Institute, Columbia University, New York, NY
Mark Cane, Columbia University, New York, NY
Lisa Goddard, Earth Institute, Columbia University, New
York, NY
Alan Betts, Atmospheric Research, Pittsford, VT

10 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:56:16 PM by MarvinStinson

...and the pack descends. Well, angrily types impotent words of empty rage into their keyboards

quote:

To: MarvinStinson; stephenjohnbanker; RitaOK; BlueDragon
This is what was done in the Soviet Union.
It is called Lysenkoism

These are not "scientists". These are straight-on Communists.

11 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:56:43 PM by Lazamataz (Ok. We won't call them 'Anchor Babies'. From now on, we shall call them 'Fetal Grappling Hooks'.)

quote:

If any thinking person needed further proof that this “Global Warming” is a HOAX, they need look no longer.

It is preposterous that one, but twenty, so called “scientists” would sue anyone that doubted their “work!”

It is fear that the gravy train will stop and they can bilk the public no more.

12 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:56:48 PM by BatGuano (You don't think I'd go into combat with loose change in my pocket, do ya?)

quote:

Thank you for this list. It is time to get active against these fascist Communist bastards.

14 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:58:07 PM by Lazamataz (Ok. We won't call them 'Anchor Babies'. From now on, we shall call them 'Fetal Grappling Hooks'.)

quote:

Do the climate scientists have names? They should be listed...and destroyed.

16 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:58:42 PM by Cowboy Bob (With Trump & Cruz, America can't lose!)

quote:

To: HiTech RedNeck
Nothing can be done about this kind of thing outside the spiritual world.
While you are correct in a way, there are physical world solutions available.

17 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:59:22 PM by Lazamataz (Ok. We won't call them 'Anchor Babies'. From now on, we shall call them 'Fetal Grappling Hooks'.)

quote:

Here's an idea:
Why not appoint an Inquisitor to root them all out!

We could even set up some special chambers with effective instruments of...shall we say...coercion, to identify the skeptics who refuse to admit that they are skeptics and to make them recant.

18 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:59:22 PM by Savage Beast (Trump is the child who says that the Emperor is naked.)

During all this baying, HiTechRedNeck suddenly seems to realise that calls for action require... well, action. This is not the Freeper way so he yells for dad to come and sort it out

quote:

Indeed this ought to be Exhibit A for what a racket it is.

Hey Donald Trump! Are you reading this?

15 posted on 9/19/2015, 9:58:32 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

"Mister Trump? Are you there? Those nasty scientists are saying mean things. Can you hear me? Mister Trump???" :lol:

A little further down is :psypop:: the post. I just

quote:

“This is so incredibly frightening that I don’t even know what to say.”

OMG. I absolutely agree. This isn’t what true scientists say or do. Is this another inquisition? These ‘scientists’ should have their funding pulled for even suggesting this. They accuse others of pandering to special interests, but they are pandering to the political establishment to keep their career’s going. If they believe their own science, they don’t need anything but the truth of their data to make their argument. That they can’t do that is extremely telling.

22 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:02:21 PM by pieceofthepuzzle

quote:

is scientism a word?

27 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:05:06 PM by MeshugeMikey ("Never, Never, Never, Give Up," Winston Churchill ><>)
Yes. Yes it is, you unproactive, uneducated coffin-dodger. And no, I don't give a flying gently caress that unproactive isn't a word, because it's not as if you'll ever suss that out!

Oh look, a stream of consciousness rant that barely makes any sense!

quote:

Why is man-made climate change occuring? Because modern science tells us so! When the first railroads were built before the Civil War, the scientists of the daay warned of the dangers of rail travel, saying the human body cannot withstand sustained speeds above 30MPH. I’m sure Jeff Gordon and Chuck Yeager would have a good laugh over that one. At the Baseball Hall of Fame they have an excellent exhibit on the history of the old Negro Leagues. One artifact I remember was an excerpt from a medical journal from the 1940’s that argued against integrating the major leagues because Blacks were athletically INFERIOR to Whites. This is what “settled” modern science told us a relatively short 70 yrs ago. Obviously, Jackie Robinson, Willie Mays, Roy Campanella, Elston Howard, Ernie Banks, Reggie Jackson, etc never received that memo. Which gives us another reason to question, if not outright ridicule the notion of ACW. Whether it was the ugly spectacle of racism, or the need to advance a socio-political agenda by any means necessary, how the sceince can be skewed by factors unrelated to the subject matter at hand. Figures don’t lie, but liars can figure. The findings of these so-called scientists, who are so fanatical they demand the imposition of RICO laws on those who disagree are as meaningful as Bill Gates issuing a strong buy recommendation on Microsoft.

29 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:07:22 PM by Impala64ssa (You call me an islamophobe like it's a bad thing.)

AndyJackson inadvertently endorses the article!

quote:

To: Lazamataz
there are physical world solutions available
It is called academic fraud and within the scientific community it is a real charge with real bite if it is demonstrated conclusively.

30 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:07:54 PM by AndyJackson

quote:

Scientists from several universities and research centers even asked Obama to use the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) to prosecute groups that “have knowingly deceived the American people about the risks of climate change, as a means to forestall America’s response to climate change.”
I wonder what would happen if Jonas Salk were around and demanded that the anti-vaxxers be prosecuted under RICO for "knowingly deceiving the American people about the risks of not immunizing their children" ?
33 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:11:09 PM by Impala64ssa (You call me an islamophobe like it's a bad thing.)
Hey you know, that's not a bad loving idea! Like, really. Even HiTechRedNeck agrees:

quote:

To: Impala64ssa
The scientists who knew they had come up with something that on balance was good were not afraid to demonstrate it, warts and all, to a candid world. And there were problems with some early vaccines but in large part they were corrected. Nothing is total unalloyed good on earth, and nobody of good conscience will represent anything as such.

What we have is a bunch of hoodoo here, a con game, a veritable religion that can’t even explain what hope it has within it because it is not offering hope, it is offering doom and gloom. It is the secular equivalent of the preacher that specializes in all hellfire.

37 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:16:03 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
Pretend I could be bothered to find out what that irony emote is.

It goes on and on with more of the same into a second page. I'll close out with this gem:

quote:

OK!! Everybody pay attention!

Lesson for today:

1. The sun is 1,300,000 times as big as the earth.

2. The sun is a ball of fire that controls the climates of all its planets.

3. The earth is one of the sun’s planets.

4. The earth is a speck in comparison to the size of the sun.

5. Inhabitants of the earth are less than specks.

Study Question: How do less-than-specks in congress plan to control the sun?

59 posted on 9/19/2015, 10:37:55 PM by abclily

edit: Freepers: Less than specks ?

Cactus fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 20, 2015

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Looks like Freeps been busy huffing tetraethyl lead again.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Hopefully the skeptics/pundits will get done for something hefty. Fraud, perhaps.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

Looks like Freeps been busy huffing tetraethyl lead again.

The corporations say it's safe, so it's safe, Capitalism would never allow it to be otherwise because market facto*HAS A DOZEN SEIZURES* drat YOU OBAMA AND YOUR DARPA SEIZURE SATELLITES

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Sounds like something out of 1930's Germany

Freep is fascist, full stop. Not all American right-wingers are fascist, not even all American extreme right-wingers are fascist in the traditional sense (a lot of hardline rightist movements don't really qualify as 'fascist' unless you use an extremely broad definition of the term), but Freep as a community is straight-up fascist. The only thing that sets them apart from the rest of the white-supremacist/dark-enlightenment/neo-Nazi Internet community (/pol/, Stormfront, the Daily Stormer, Tradyouth, etc.) is that Freep is a small, insular clique of lazy old people who don't do anything.

Leonidas lost the battle and died.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
After he died it took a bunch of turd pushing gays on ships to save western civilization too.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

After he died it took a bunch of turd pushing gays on ships to save western civilization too.

Galt fails, socialist gaystapo saves the day, decades later it was Galt the whole time

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Galt's perpetual motion device isn't free energy at all. It actually runs on Freep hatred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Prosecuting the scientists that're paid off by the oil industry seems like a swell idea.

• Locked thread