Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Team Anyone But Phil Davis

I hope he loses and then loses his cat again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I wasn't paying attention. Did he actually say that?

Yeah, the interviewer asked him why he didn't pursue the finish the first time he had Vassel hurt. Mo said that the canvas was so slick that he was worried he'd be taken down, so he held back.

It's got to be a big factor in these fights, like if there's no footing isn't that a big advantage for guys like Davis and Tito who really want to get to the ground?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I've never watched bellator, is it just me or are their gloves significantly larger than ufc gloves?

Roman Herbom
Aug 2, 2006
The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't
Phil davis is in a whole other level compared to this guys.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Le Saboteur posted:

I've never watched bellator, is it just me or are their gloves significantly larger than ufc gloves?

They're the same weight, but I believe they've got a slightly different design to try to stop broken hands or something

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah they use Everlast Powerlock gloves which were designed to reduce hand injuries. They're also curved inward at the fingers to prevent eye pokes.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Its cool that Bellator has a Joe Rogan look alike.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

I used to think Mr. Wonderful was a funny nickname, but it increasingly grates on me. Phil Davis is the Dwight Howard of MMA.

Le Saboteur posted:

Its cool that Bellator has a Joe Rogan look alike.

The commission actually mandates that all in-cage interviewers remove all hair and top buttons

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

Wtf, is spike not showing this live on the west coast or is this just in san diego that Im getting the shaft?

They can't interrupt reruns of Cops.

But yah almost every Bellator event is delayed on the West Coast.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Its the fight professor!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The canniest of kickboxing matches.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

The British lady looks like she's built and dressed for a bike race.

She does not appear to be prepared to kickbox.

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
Bellator is obviously the big event this weekend, but if anyone is wondering the first 3 fights on the Titan FC card have been good.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

The Watch posted:

Bellator is obviously the big event this weekend, but if anyone is wondering the first 3 fights on the Titan FC card have been good.

But why would you watch that when you could have watched an 0-0 kickboxer have her leg turned into hamburger?

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
In my case it's because I can watch fight pass but not TV right now. The Bellator/Glory thing certainly sounds like a lot of fun too. I tried watching the prelims for that earlier but the streaming quality was really bad for me.

Either way just felt like letting anyone interested know.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

The Watch posted:

In my case it's because I can watch fight pass but not TV right now. The Bellator/Glory thing certainly sounds like a lot of fun too. I tried watching the prelims for that earlier but the streaming quality was really bad for me.

The last fight was bad and you haven't missed much so far.

Totally stealing Bendo's entrance music!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Holy poo poo this singing announcer is amazing.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

It's Lenne Hardt. She's been doing this a long time.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh man go back and watch Pride! - you are in for such a treat I'm almost jealous

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Someone who knows more about kickboxing than me tell me if Paul Daley has fought anyone in kickboxing that's worth a drat yet.

Also why in the gently caress is he fighting whoever this chump is?

Edit: Oh I didn't realize he was also a Bellator fighter

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 20, 2015

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

That fight was a whole lot better than I expected

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I'd score than 29-28 Daley

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Phil, how will you use your freshness to your advantage.

Uh, you know... I'll look to use it to my advantage

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Hey! Sakuraba!

e: this guy comes out like a NASCAR extra from 300? WTF belator? And he's from Texas?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
No one told Sakuraba he was on camera

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

It's cool that we finally found out what happened to the UFC gladiator.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Bellator's plan is to be strikeforce and I'm fine with that

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
This announcer is so strange. The more I find out about Pride the weirder it seems.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

JuanGoat posted:

This announcer is so strange. The more I find out about Pride the weirder it seems.

I feel like she's almost the least weird part about Pride

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Josh Thompson has cool fights and he should have been kept on by the UFC.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

It looked like Josh Thomson was diving after a ghost directly to the right of his opponent

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Cool slip and slide trip

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

origami posted:

Cool slip and slide trip

It's really too bad that Bellator apparently elected to lubricate the floor with their sponsors' various products.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Ronda's Carl's Jr ad is really un-sexy

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Gronzoulis is p bad

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
That was good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How the he'll did he get busted

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

So I realize this is on me for not thinking about what I was getting myself into by staying in for this event, but it would have been nice if they'd scheduled a single competitive fight

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Lloyd Boner posted:

Gronzoulis is p bad

He's a can op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Is the major announcement going to be Fedor?