Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got back into the game because of Arc-V and Devpro, so I can't ever poo poo on online yugioh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I really like the idea of DevPro but I really cannot get into using it as my main way of playing the game.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Cabinet posted:

I really like the idea of DevPro but I really cannot get into using it as my main way of playing the game.

It makes it so I don't have to argue with people over how the rules work. That alone makes the game so much more enjoyable, plus not spending money on cards.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Generic Octopus posted:

It makes it so I don't have to argue with people over how the rules work. That alone makes the game so much more enjoyable, plus not spending money on cards.

I top eighted a 200 person regionals (won a sweet Norse Gods playmat!) and had to call a judge on myself every other round. I only played the Gameboy games, and borrowed Six Samurais for laughs.

I have no idea how Yu-Gi-Oh works.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I like DevPro but there's definitely a problem with the banlist. I feel like they should either use a worlds-type mixed banlist as a standard or come up with something similarly combined but less lazy. Maybe TCG banlist for cards available in TCG but OCG banlist for cards not out here yet? It wouldn't fix all of the problems but it would make formats with obscene, game breaking cards a little shorter.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Generic Octopus posted:

Sadly YGOPro/DevPro doesn't always get the rules right either, because they add cards before Konami gives official rulings for them.

Igknights+Key Beetle. :argh:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

YGOPro and the like are pretty awesome things, but honestly, I've come to hate the combined format of "TCG banlist with every region's cards" that they offer.

Just don't play with the standard TCG/OCG gamemode? I'm pretty sure that picking OCG or TCG modes instead will lock out the cards that aren't yet in the format. :confused:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's what I've been doing, actually.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I wish WC banlist was avaliable (The bans of both lists, if a card is limited to 1 on one list but 2 on another it's limited to 1) but then again I think that hits a lot of decks as well. Still is a more interesting deck building scenario.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
You could always just hit the dropdown that says "TCG/OCG" and set it to one or the other.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lisandra_brave posted:

You could always just hit the dropdown that says "TCG/OCG" and set it to one or the other.

I mean, you could, if you don't actually want to play Yugioh.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
http://ygorganization.com/ocg-09222015-ocg-japan-decklists/

Monarchs are topping in OCGland. Discuss.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Monarchs and Burning Abyss.

The new Monarch stuff is insanely strong, and OCG gets Burning Abyss at full power, even stronger then they were in TCG.

It's scary time to be living in OCG Land.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Monarchs are cool
Burning Abyss is cool

It's cool to be in Japan

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Man, I remember when Mobius + Treeborn was the deck to beat.

I feel old.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

The new spells and traps
Erebus being the best
Zaborg-ing extras

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lisandra_brave posted:

Zaborg-ing extras

Mega Zaborg is going to end up getting hit.

It's super easy to get out, and being able to wreck half your opponent's extra deck AND set up for a Ritual or Miracle Synchro Fusion play AND pop three cards on the field AND reset your own extra deck to do it again is insane and usually wins you the game if you get it off on the first or second turn.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 23, 2015

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

Mega Zaborg is going to end up getting hit.

It's super easy to get out, and being able to wreck half your opponent's extra deck AND set up for a Ritual or Miracle Synchro Fusion play AND pop three cards on the field AND reset your own extra deck to do it again is insane and usually wins you the game if you get it off on the first or second turn.

It's funny because every time you predict something getting hit, it's an obscure card part of some inconsistent OTK. Zaborg won't get hit because the chances of consistently pulling off major plays with it is minuscule.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Zaborg is neat when it happens but I've won far more just from locking out the extra deck via the field spell than anything else.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

It's funny because every time you predict something getting hit, it's an obscure card part of some inconsistent OTK. Zaborg won't get hit because the chances of consistently pulling off major plays with it is minuscule.

I've pulled it off first or second turn almost every game I've used it. ;P

The only deck that it didn't work against was a drat Agents deck. Who the hell still plays Agents? :argh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think I'm gonna go on DN and gently caress around with building a deck so I can get stomped just like in the old days.

Why am I doing this to myself :negative:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Go on Devpro or Ygopro instead.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Pendulum bujins
Making ammy every turn
plonking all four down

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

I was arguing this with Sen last night, but why is Thousand-Eyes Restrict banned again? There's nothing the card can do anymore considering that metamorphosis is out of the picture.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its the OG SHArk.
Joke/actual answer: Konami forgot.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Joke/actual answer: Konami forgot.
Considering the loving mess that is Elemental Hero Rampart Blaster, I would not put that past Konami at this point.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What's wrong with Rampart Blaster?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

What's wrong with Rampart Blaster?

They made it uselss. Errata'd to hell.

2000/2500 ATK/DEF
before Errata:
Can attack directly when in defense mode, but apply half ATK
Errata'd:
Can attack directly when in defense mode only when opponent has no monsters, but apply half ATK.

For real though what even with equip spells it wouldn't top 3k direct attack per turn.
It might have been a problem with Tryce - Flashing sword, but that relies on drawing all the equip spells in your deck.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 24, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah. It basically turned it from "interesting gimmick deck" to "lovely Total Defense Shogun". ...who isn't exactly world-shattering to begin with.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
And now we have Superheavy Samurai anyway.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Slur posted:

I was arguing this with Sen last night, but why is Thousand-Eyes Restrict banned again? There's nothing the card can do anymore considering that metamorphosis is out of the picture.

Use instant fusion
TER is summoned
One spell, one monster.

TER in grave
Activate CotH
Summon TER

When instant fusion'd
TER is properly
Special summoned then

Lisandra_brave fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 25, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

If you had told me a year ago that Monarchs would be able to construct a field like this, I would have laughed at you.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's the Ritual monster there?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Lisandra_brave posted:

When instant fusion'd
TER is properly
Special summoned then

This isn't true, to my recollection.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

What's the Ritual monster there?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Saffira,_Queen_of_Dragons

Slur posted:

Instant Fusion counts as properly Fusion Summoning a monster, which is the main reason why Noden is so strong.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Slur posted:

This special summon
is a proper fusioning
It pulls them out right

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007