Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Man, after spending a day with a friends family and his pitbulls. I'm glad I have cats

Did they maul any kids? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Thanks to this thread, the wife and I just did all you can eat sushi.

So god drat full.

Edit: I ate 16 pieces of sashimi and two rolls :v: it's 20 bucks a person for all you can eat, so it's a loving steal if you can eat a lot of sushi. But oh god I hurt.

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Sep 20, 2015

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Thanks to this thread, the wife and I just did all you can eat sushi.

So god drat full.

Edit: I ate 16 pieces of sashimi and two rolls :v: it's 20 bucks a person for all you can eat, so it's a loving steal if you can eat a lot of sushi. But oh god I hurt.

The AYCE sushi joints I've been to range between sub-par and 'welp, time to get some gravol'. I'd love to find a good one, because I like *lots* of sushi. My brother and I once racked up a $250 tab at a pretty reasonably priced place. We had two beers each.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tommychu posted:

The AYCE sushi joints I've been to range between sub-par and 'welp, time to get some gravol'. I'd love to find a good one, because I like *lots* of sushi. My brother and I once racked up a $250 tab at a pretty reasonably priced place. We had two beers each.

This is a pretty drat good one. Not super high quality, but the best we've had in the area so far. Every sushi place here is AYCE, though.

Last time I was in Japan, my buddy and I spent close to 300USD at a place. Fatty tuna...so good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just ate a big rear end container of sushi from Publix, they never put enough wasabi in there dammit.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Just a couple hours remain before submissions to the Sheep Game close; play now or wish you did!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So one of my best friends showed up in an old rear end Lil Red Truck tonight. Need to take day time photos ASAP.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

God drat that hurt to fill up...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Just ate a big rear end container of sushi from Publix, they never put enough wasabi in there dammit.

Publix Cuban fkkkkkkkk

This Cal/Tex game has me screaming at the god drat TV. Why do I like sports.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

On the other hand you could be an Arkansas fan right now.

:smith:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Previa_fun posted:

Dude that's as bad as a Browns fan. I'm sorry.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I am loving done with sports bye

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

leica posted:

publix sushi is the only grocery sushi i trust

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Dude that's as bad as a Browns fan. I'm sorry.

Fayetteville resident so it's almost a pre-req. It's an unending cycle of drunken delusion slowly fading into drunken depression every fall.

Also:

C. Everett Koop posted:

:lol::smug::lol::smug::lol::smug::lol::smug:

well well well bert you fat dumb piece of poo poo you ran away from the fabulous Big Ten because you were a coward and you knew that once Coach Urban Meyer joined that the easy days of dominating the Indianas and Purdues of the world into blowing the Rose Bowl were all but done so you ran away to an inferior conference the sec the poo poo eating chumps and after running your fat mouth in the rare times you werent stuffing it youre getting your rear end kicked by everyone and the entire country is enjoying the fact that your team is as big as a joke that you are and now youre gonna get fired and where are you gonna go the MAC you cant win MAC games MWC Sun Belt they wont bring on your bloated rear end maybe an FCS team will pay like 75k a year for you and hope that someone will give them twice as much in a buyout but once you get your rear end kicked in the FCS level you wont even be able to watch a high school game without someone coming up and punching you in your fat face and calling you a pussy-rear end bitch to your fat face you loving joke i wouldnt even hire you to be an unpaid ga intern of a high school team maybe that team that was hiring in italy can bring you over and we can forget to bring you back every day i look in the mirror and laugh that im not bert loving bielema the loving joke of colege football ps your wife is in the process of leaving you i have no proof but we all know she aint gonna get stuck in your descent to the bottom you fat sack of poo poo maybe you should eat a gun for your next meal

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Most of those are words, all of them are English, but none of them work in my head hurts

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Previa_fun posted:

Cool kids support the A-State Red Wolves :v:

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
I shattered a birfield and dented my rear d/s at the ol heep show. Favorite:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Previa_fun posted:

Fayetteville resident so it's almost a pre-req. It's an unending cycle of drunken delusion slowly fading into drunken depression every fall.

Also:

I just got so angry about the Texas game that I went outside at 830pm and finished taking apart a longblock, because I couldn't stand to see the television for awhile.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It's a good thing I don't care much about college football, I stress out enough about the Packers and Bills for one football season.

And don't even get me started about baseball, Tampa Bay Rays :smithicide:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i pulled the piggyback ecu off my car and now it runs agin but more sluggish than before

god damint

at what point it it better ti justbuy a fuckin mustang or somethin g vs trying to make this cars acceleration match its handling (which is p drat good)

anyway im gettin drunk for reasons

sup AI

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

It's a good thing I don't care much about college football, I stress out enough about the Packers and Bills for one football season.

And don't even get me started about baseball, Tampa Bay Rays :smithicide:

It's loving horrible.

And hockey starts in a couple weeks, so that adds yet another level. gently caress.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Enourmo posted:

i pulled the piggyback ecu off my car and now it runs agin but more sluggish than before

god damint

at what point it it better ti justbuy a fuckin mustang or somethin g vs trying to make this cars acceleration match its handling (which is p drat good)

anyway im gettin drunk for reasons

sup AI

I'd rather have the MP3, honestly.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

CharlesM posted:

I'd rather have the MP3, honestly.

naw man you just dont understand the POTENTIAL turbocharging gives you after you drop 4 grand building the motor to handle more than 220hp and even more building the tranny to handle >300

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Grinding the single player races in Forza 6, I assumed the liveries and racer names were pulled from XBox Live. Now I'm pretty sure they are:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

kimbo305 posted:

Grinding the single player races in Forza 6, I assumed the liveries and racer names were pulled from XBox Live. Now I'm pretty sure they are:

Looks like they have the "drivatars" enabled for single player now. They are supposed to take the driving style of the person. If you have friends theirs' come first (if they've played the game I think). When Forza 5 first came out all the drivatars seemed to have ramming set to 100%. I presume they've toned that down. I kind of want to get an Xbox One again.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Looks like they have the "drivatars" enabled for single player now. They are supposed to take the driving style of the person. If you have friends theirs' come first (if they've played the game I think). When Forza 5 first came out all the drivatars seemed to have ramming set to 100%. I presume they've toned that down. I kind of want to get an Xbox One again.

There's a "limit aggression" setting now, but you still get rammed by the AI once in a while., and the AI in general is pretty poo poo.

There's also a screenshot function in the xbone, double click the xbone button and hit X, and then it shows up in your profile on the website.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CharlesM posted:

Call the police and get the phone logs?

Can't prove that he was actually scamming, and he was probably using an anonymous pay as you go phone card.

I could have asked for the account number he wanted the money transferred to, but I didn't think of doing that until after I hung up.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

KozmoNaut posted:

Can't prove that he was actually scamming, and he was probably using an anonymous pay as you go phone card.

I could have asked for the account number he wanted the money transferred to, but I didn't think of doing that until after I hung up.

I was hoping for goon justice :cop:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

So, any way he'd be able to find the VIN? Did you publish it online? How did he make the connection between the VIN and your phone number? (Scammer or not.)

I've heard stories about guys being offered back their stolen mountainbikes like that. In this case we was supposed to send several thousand in cash in with a taxi as courier to some address... he politely declined.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

leica posted:

Did they maul any kids? :v:

Not that, they were just uncontrollable and rowdy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

bolind posted:

So, any way he'd be able to find the VIN? Did you publish it online? How did he make the connection between the VIN and your phone number? (Scammer or not.)

The license plate was visible in the post I made on Facebook when it was stolen, and I put my phone number as contact information.

VINs can be looked up online if you have the plate number and vice versa.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Sorry for the horrible picture, I had his GF text me it this morning.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I clogged my toilet in the middle of the night, how the gently caress am I supposed to plunge a toilet with a square loving hole?

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Love the truck

Use a pushover plunge :v:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I cleaned my workbench today, for the first time in WAY too long. In doing so, I found some things that I had forgotten about.

In the late-80s, a car rag, I thing it was Road & Track had a picture of a guy cruising in a 2-seater convertible bus. I want that vehicle:

And also, in the early '90s, Porsche ran an ad campaign that really struck my early adult male brain quite hard. It was in all the car magazines of the time, but I haven't found any good copies of it, or even more than passing references to it, on the internet. It was a multi-page spread of cars and each different ad had a different quote from Ferdinand Porsche. I took two of those from the small magazine size and had them blown up and color printed (this was significantly more expensive and time consuming that now... it took going to a printing shop, not just hitting the "Print" button").

For all you young'ns, have some Ferry Porche philosophy:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ferremit posted:

God drat that hurt to fill up...

Why are you paying 4 bucks for a coffee

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Sinestro posted:

I clogged my toilet in the middle of the night, how the gently caress am I supposed to plunge a toilet with a square loving hole?
I don't know if you can get them in the US, but a Monument MP1600 plunger may work.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
I passed my bus licence, yay. I'm not a bus driver but I need it for my job fixing trucks and buses so at least I didn't have to pay for it. I did not enjoy squeezing a 52 seat coach around a town centre for an hour.

Hopefully i should get my truck licence in the next few months, only another theory test and 2 more driving tests!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

I cleaned my workbench today, for the first time in WAY too long. In doing so, I found some things that I had forgotten about.

In the late-80s, a car rag, I thing it was Road & Track had a picture of a guy cruising in a 2-seater convertible bus. I want that vehicle:

And also, in the early '90s, Porsche ran an ad campaign that really struck my early adult male brain quite hard. It was in all the car magazines of the time, but I haven't found any good copies of it, or even more than passing references to it, on the internet. It was a multi-page spread of cars and each different ad had a different quote from Ferdinand Porsche. I took two of those from the small magazine size and had them blown up and color printed (this was significantly more expensive and time consuming that now... it took going to a printing shop, not just hitting the "Print" button").

For all you young'ns, have some Ferry Porche philosophy:

I would love to have prints of those. That's cool as poo poo. Have you found just the quotes anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Nodoze posted:

Why are you paying 4 bucks for a coffee

Australia.

• Locked thread