Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I feel like this is wrong in every thread

That's Robbie Savage's mother btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/LAFCMillenials - A sampling:

quote:

Tifo displays will be photoshopped. We won't be wasting any trees.

Tryouts will be done through periscope, no need to waste fuel.

Working with Google to get some drones. They will be able to deliver your food in less than 3 min.Never leave your seat or Twitter again!

In lieu of tailgating, we will host a Farmers Market in the parking lot complete w/ a 13-course, 3 seat pop up restaurant

LAFC app will be coming out soon, you can watch the game on your phone at the stadium

Vape area will also be available at our stadium #SmokeSome #BlazeMeOut

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:stonklol:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Looks like a joke account?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

TheBigAristotle posted:

I feel like this is wrong in every thread

That's Robbie Savage's mother btw

where did she get her tattoos

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

quote:

"What surprises me about Qatar is that they are football fanatics," he said. "Although they don't go to the stadium, on Monday they know all about everything, plus Madrid and Barca too."

Xavi added that he was taking advantage of the excellent facilities at Al-Sadd to take his first steps in coaching.

"The facilities are spectacular," he said. "It is all very well organised and I am trying to get stuck in with the next generation of Qatari players -- the under 17s, under 19s. I am living pure football. Now I can watch an under-17 game between Oman and Kuwait. I watch football from many gulf countries, plus all the [big] leagues, as I have always done."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2613126/van-gaal-will-have-been-honest-with-de-gea-and-valdes-xavi

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Over at redcafe they're currently trying to make themselves feel a little bit better over Luke Shaw's injury:

quote:

Players who did/didn't fully recover from serious injuries?

Sadly relevant now...

Who are classic examples of players who did or didn't bounce back fully from serious injuries?

Also, what is usually the main issue that prevents players from getting back to their best? Is it that they don't physically recover, they don't mentally recover, they miss key development time or a mixture of all of the above?

quote:

duncan edwards

Oh dear.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Wanted to see the context since I thought it was one of ours being a oval office, but it was actually a manc, check this out, imagine what this guy is like at parties

quote:

Duncan Edwards.

Edit: Not a joke, apologies to those who took it as one. My point was that while Shaw's injury is horrific, he will be fine. With all the modern medicine, technology, and psychological support available he should be able to continue his career from where he left off. Some people weren't so lucky, and it's worth remembering that when things like this happen.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
thats so savage lol

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Wrong thread.

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Definitely not the right place for this.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Right thread, jfc thats bad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Hegay posted:

Right thread, jfc thats bad

This, anyone who thinks that's good please leave.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It's actually incredibly topical and well thought out in terms of current British politics but I can see how it'd be a huge pile of fail if you don't care about that stuff.

But yeah put it in the UK political cartoon thread in DnD instead. Wrong thread.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Sep 18, 2015

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I cracked up at the Gordon Taylor gag and I won't hear a word against it

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

its shite

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

its very bad and if the carneiro character didn't have "ec" on the jacket i couldn't have begun to tell you who that was supposed to be

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Capped 55 times by Russia, Smertin said he did not think such incidents would arise should the 2018 hosts face a side featuring black players at the next World Cup.

He claimed that racism was a recent import from overseas despite simultaneously explaining that incidents had happened in the past.

Smertin went on to dismiss behaviour that many might consider racist as "fun".

"Racism in Russia is like fashion. It comes from abroad, from different countries," he said.

"It was never, ever here before. Ten years ago, some fans may have given a banana to black guys - it was just for fun.

"I think the media is making the wrong image of Russia."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34297056

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

JFairfax posted:

Capped 55 times by Russia, Smertin said he did not think such incidents would arise should the 2018 hosts face a side featuring black players at the next World Cup.

He claimed that racism was a recent import from overseas despite simultaneously explaining that incidents had happened in the past.

Smertin went on to dismiss behaviour that many might consider racist as "fun".

"Racism in Russia is like fashion. It comes from abroad, from different countries," he said.

"It was never, ever here before. Ten years ago, some fans may have given a banana to black guys - it was just for fun.

"I think the media is making the wrong image of Russia."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34297056

Guess what Premier League club he played for

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Ewar Woowar posted:

Guess what Premier League club he played for

Birmingham Nignogs?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

:lol:

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

awful

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Manchester club Hyde FC agrees shirt and stadium sponsorship deal with The Lad Bible

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
We need to shut these south London pussio up. Alan Pardew is a battyman. gently caress u Palace. African power.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Lightbulb Grease posted:

We need to shut these south London pussio up. Alan Pardew is a battyman. gently caress u Palace. African power.
Tbf he is def a battyman

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
SACK BRENDAN RODGERS OR WE'LL BAN ALL NIVEA PRODUCTS.

STATEMENTS LIKE THIS WILL HAVE MORE CHANCE OF SUCCESS THAN FLYING A PLANE WITH A TRAILING BANNER.

MENTION ALL SPONSORS WHEN YOU CAN.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-association-the-fa-prevent-mike-dean-from-refereeing-another-arsenal-game

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

quote:

We are not discussing who can be our next manager whilst we still have a manager. On RAWK we expect you to show the manager respect. And whilst we may have reached the point that we have allowed speculation as to whether Brendan's time is up, we have not declared open season on him. Discussing his replacement whilst he is still in the job is disrespectful, and we don't do that.

BEST FANS IN THE WORLD

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

BEST FANS IN THE WORLD

Is that seriously a rule on that board?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

If anyone would know it would be TyChan.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

It was a post by a mod.

Shrapnig posted:

If anyone would know it would be TyChan.

:(

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah and the "rule" is a slowly shifting thing based on the mod opinions at the time it is weird as heck.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Brony Car posted:

BEST FANS IN THE WORLD

whilst

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Diego Costa doesn't do selfies. He doesn't take silly photos of his abs. He doesn't lobby management about a teeth whitening service. What he does do is fight, scrap and draw every ounce of potential God has given him. That Wenger singled him out after his team blew this game - the sort of game that decides titles - should be worn as a badge of honour.

The Spain striker isn't a Wenger player. He isn't pretty. He isn't polite. He doesn't do tippy tappy. He's a Jose Mourinho player. A warrior. A fighter. A leader. Everything that Wenger's players aren't.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

triple sulk posted:

Diego Costa doesn't do selfies. He doesn't take silly photos of his abs. He doesn't lobby management about a teeth whitening service. What he does do is fight, scrap and draw every ounce of potential God has given him. That Wenger singled him out after his team blew this game - the sort of game that decides titles - should be worn as a badge of honour.

The Spain striker isn't a Wenger player. He isn't pretty. He isn't polite. He doesn't do tippy tappy. He's a Jose Mourinho player. A warrior. A fighter. A leader. Everything that Wenger's players aren't.

That's all correct, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

triple sulk posted:

nothing wrong with this imo