Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

how is fam a "new slang term"

Yeah fam, just heading to the flippity floppity floop

No matter how many times that JP:MLP:FiM story gets posted, I always get angry.
In what way does "WHITE KNIGHT" make you immediately think of MLP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
:10bux: says that's the name of his ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL and he honestly forgets that it's not part of the show's canon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
in what universe can you get an a for the rest of the year

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bobby Digital posted:

I'm going to interpret this as the creator looks like a lesbian.
http://menwholooklikeoldlesbians.blogspot.com/

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 05:06 on Sep 18, 2015

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
College vocabulary.

quote:

The Mother Of All Fake Complaints
RETAIL | CHICAGO, IL, USA | BAD BEHAVIOR, LANGUAGE & WORDS
Older Older Guy: “Do you guys have [item]?”

Me: “I believe it’s on [aisle], but let me confirm real quick.” *asks manager, who is two registers away and answers that we don’t carry the item in question*

Older Guy: “Oh, no, don’t ask HER!”

Me: “That person is my manager, sir. She knows this store like the back of her—”

Older Guy: *cuts me off* “Oh, no, I spoke with her earlier! She’s… well, she’s not very professional at all.”

Me: *dumbfounded* “I don’t see how you could have gotten that impress—”

Older Guy: *cuts me off again, eyes cast down* “Oh, when I went to talk to her, she was on the phone with her mother! I had to interrupt her! That’s not very professional at all. I know, you see, I was in business for seventeen years.”

(I HAVE seen my manager, who does the work of three people and still manages the store and a burgeoning staff with a smile, take brief calls to round up the next shift for schedule changes – but only while stocking shelves and never for more than a few moments. She’s been very patient and kind with me, so I’m quite fond of her.)

Me: *breaks out college vocabulary, something I’ve found shuts down snobby customers* “Well, sir, I’m very sorry you garnered such an impression of her. She’s always been eminently professional in my interactions with her.”

(It works, but he keeps forlornly grumbling about “seventeen years in business” and “never acted that way myself” until I finish ringing him up. When I have to do returns, I find my manager and tell her what he said. She bursts out laughing.)

Manager: “Yeah, I remember that guy! He wanted me to walk him to a hundred items on his list individually and got mad when I wouldn’t… And my mother’s been deceased for years!”

(I joked that she should take the guy’s behavior as a compliment: since she doesn’t make mistakes, people have to make things up if they want to complain about her!)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I was hoping NAR would format it more like
Me: *breaks out college vocabulary, something I’ve found shuts down snobby customers* “Well, sir, I’m very sorry you [Ivy League application verb] such an [≥2280 SAT scoring vocabulary word] of her. She’s always been [Stanford college essay level adverb] professional in my interactions with her.”

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA

Khazar-khum posted:

College vocabulary.

Clown college, maybe.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
College vocabulary:
garnered, impression, eminently.......?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Khazar-khum posted:

College vocabulary.

Why doesn't this guy just ask to eat her pussy instead of making up these fantasies

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

ibntumart posted:

I was hoping NAR would format it more like
Me: *breaks out college vocabulary, something I’ve found shuts down snobby customers* “Well, sir, I’m very sorry you penised such a(n) penis of her. She’s always been penisly professional in my interactions with her.”

It's like Mad Libs

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I'm in Mister Donut and Bohemian Rhapsody is playing. I feel compelled to marry the counter clerk and then applaud the imminent entrance of Albert Einstein.

vvvvv Blast, I knew I forgot something :(

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Sep 19, 2015

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Weatherman posted:

I'm in Mister Donut and Bohemian Rhapsody is playing. I feel compelled to marry the counter clerk and then applaud the imminent entrance of Albert Einstein.

But you have to get everyone singing along for that event to trigger...

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Samizdata posted:

But you have to get everyone singing along for that event to trigger...

And they must know all the lyrics.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
This is lovely.

quote:

Don’t Get Lippy About God
PRESCHOOL | IL, USA | FAMILY & KIDS, RELIGION, STUDENTS
(My mom is a preschool teacher. One of her students has a cleft lip. This happens on the first day of school.)

Boy: “Why is your mouth like that?”

Girl: “Because that’s the way God made me.”

Boy: “What’s God?”

Girl: “He made everybody. He made me with a cool mouth, and he made you with silly hair.”

(They ended up becoming best friends. The girl got surgery to correct her cleft lip, and the boy ended up getting a haircut.)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bobby Digital posted:

I'm going to interpret this as the creator looks like a lesbian.

Justin Bieber?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

This is lovely.

This one is almost sweet and not self aggrandizing. Refreshing that.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

how is fam a "new slang term"

Years ago on some gaming forum a kid was really over-using "lol" and someone asked him to knock it off, so he decided to explain to all us internet grandads what it meant, like this:

:downs: no u see its okay its a new slang for teens. it stands for "8-D out laud"

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

The Iron Rose posted:

This one is almost sweet and not self aggrandizing. Refreshing that.

Sticky sweet enough to be in one of those emails Grandma sends around.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How does one "look" like a sexuality, exactly?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lady Naga posted:

How does one "look" like a sexuality, exactly?

Are you familiar with the concept of stereotypes?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Paladinus posted:

Are you familiar with the concept of stereotypes?

Oh so it's a gross homophobic thing, gotcha.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Khazar-khum posted:

And they must know all the lyrics.

And hit all of Roger Taylor's high notes.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Oh so it's a gross homophobic thing, gotcha.

They just mean "butch" when they say "lesbian" but they don't know the word for it because lots of people who aren't embedded in queer communities don't. You can definitely look like a butch. That's part of the point.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Khazar-khum posted:

This is lovely.

I like that the girl's message winds up that humans had to go in and fix what God apparently got wrong.

Postal Parcel posted:

It's like Mad Libs

I remember a goon in the previous thread writing a mad lib generator for an NAR story... wish I could find that link or that he/she would do another one.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

Me: “Thank you for calling [Wireless Company]. My name is [My Name]. May I have your name, please?”

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dogfish posted:

They just mean "butch" when they say "lesbian" but they don't know the word for it because lots of people who aren't embedded in queer communities don't. You can definitely look like a butch. That's part of the point.

Is that the proper term for the "fat 14-year-old boy halfway through a punk phase" look?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Danger Mahoney posted:

Is that the proper term for the "fat 14-year-old boy halfway through a punk phase" look?

sometimes butch lesbians look like thin 14-year-old boys

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

The hottest butch lesbians are old butch lesbians and they don't look like 14-year-old boys.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Is the early 2010 Justin Bieber look back in fashion?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2rgzsO-AMM

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

quote:

Video Game Store
Dallas, TX, USA
(Note: I am white.)
(A man with his very small son comes up to the counter with a copy of Call of Duty.)
Man: I’d like to buy this game for my son.
Me: I’m sorry, sir, but you are aware that this game is rated M, right?
Man: And what’s that supposed to mean? Just ring me up.
Me: I can’t allow you to buy this without first making you aware that this game contains–
Man (Suddenly screaming): I DON’T F****ING CARE, YOU N**** SL**! MY SON WANTS THIS F***ING GAME, AND YOU ARE GOING TO F***ING LET ME BUY IT! ONLY NOW I WANT IT FOR FREE BECAUSE YOU’VE BEEN RUDE TO ME!
Me: I-I can’t do that, sir.
Man: GET ME YOUR F***ING MANAGER!
(I run and get my manager.)
Manager: What seems to be the problem?
Man: YOUR DUMBA** EMPLOYEE WON’T LET ME BUY THIS GAME FOR MY KID, BECAUSE SHE’S A N**** S*** WHO WILL NEVER GET A REAL JOB BECAUSE SHE’S A LAZY B****! LOOK, MY SON IS CRYING BECAUSE YOU WON’T GIVE HIM THIS GAME!
(His son is crying, but he’s holding his ears.) Son (Mumbling): Daddy, you’re being shouty…
Man: SO GET ME THIS F***ING GAME OR I’LL HAVE YOU ALL FIRED!
Manager: Get out of here.
Man: WHAT?
Manager: Take your son, and get the f*** out of here before I call the police. You’ve been insulting my employee, and I won’t stand for that.
Man: RRAAAAAGH!
(He suddenly goes berserk, destroying everything he can get at. He punches my manager in the face, then begins to take off his clothes and urinate on the ruined merchandise.)
Manager: There’s something you need to know about the employee you’ve insulted…
Man: AND WHAT IS THAT, YOU PIECE OF S***?
(I get out from behind the desk, and kick him in the balls.)
Manager: She’s a black belt in karate, and doesn’t take kindly to people punching her boyfriend in the face.
(The man grabs his son and runs like hell, but he drops his wallet, with his ID inside. We bandaged my boyfriend’s nose,and took the man to court, where he was found guilty of vandalism, assault, and, as we later found out, resisting arrest. Needless to say, he was permanently banned from the store.)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

The ending got me :lol:
And the preferred parlance is Af*****-Am****** Sl**. Racist

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

ibntumart posted:

Man: RRAAAAAGH!

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

ibntumart posted:

Video Game Store
Dallas, TX, USA
(Note: I am white.)

Off to a great start

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

What the hell is she censoring with N****?

Nasty?

Edit: And I'm no black-belt in karate, but I'm pretty sure that a kick to the balls is a basic technique. Yellow-belt, at least.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nagger; would have admittedly been a tough one to figure out without the mention of being white

Also, everyone knows that black belts don't kick balls, they use Money Steals The Peach

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

Thump! posted:

What the hell is she censoring with N****?

Nasty?

Nymph? Nelly? N000b?

I'm partial to "DUMBA**" myself. All I can picture is a female flying elephant, with footnotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

• Locked thread