Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Better to ask in the sit/start thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742134

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Hope all y'all on the verge of dealing Dez pulled the trigger

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Dez Bryant (foot) needed a bone graft in his surgery Monday and is now expected to miss 10-12 weeks.
Initially expected to miss 4-6 weeks, we may not see Bryant until December, if he returns to the field at all this season. A bone graft suggests Bryant's foot was weaker in the fifth metatarsal area and needed more support for the healing process. The Cowboys have discussed short-term I.R. as a possibility for Bryant, but coach Jason Garrett wants Bryant to have "every opportunity" to come back as soon as possible. For now, Devin Street is expected to start for Bryant. If you haven't traded Bryant in redraft, you may have missed the boat.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 20, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Dez had a bone graft, out ~12 weeks. Smart of them - good for long term outlook of their recent big investment.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So you guys are saying he'll be back just in time to win me the playoffs...

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

drat, beaten.

Alright here's another one: Alshon out today per Sablich Bros.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

But McCoy expected to play per Schefter. Our starting DT is out with a hip pointer and our edge guys were a mess last week against DWill - McCoy could have himself a nice game (but I hope he doesn't).

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Mike Evans, Tre Mason, and CJ Spiller also all apparently good to go.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VDay posted:

Mike Evans, Tre Mason, and CJ Spiller also all apparently good to go.

PSA: probably best to sit Spiller if you can. Coming off an injury and with a game that they should put out of reach early, Saints don't have much reason to give him much work.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

So is ivory playing tomorrow?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm in the process of negotiating a trade of Marshawn Lynch + Amari Cooper for Antonio Brown in a 1 PPR league.

Thoughts? I offered Lamar Miller + Cooper at first, but he didn't bite, so i one up'd and went Lynch.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Now Rotoworld is saying the bone graft actually makes it more likely that Dez comes back early. Not sure that makes sense to me.

Aggro posted:

The last sentence could not be more wrong. Fifth metatarsal fractures heal particularly slowly due to poor blood supply at the base of the metatarsal head.

I'm sad because I play in a league with other doctors, so I'll never convince anyone to take Dez off my hands. I'm probably better off dropping him.

Paging Dr. Aggro for a consult.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

10-team standard. Currently starting Delanie Walker who's not going to play. Do I drop Crowell to pick up Heath Miller? Or just drop Walker?

jvandreel
Aug 4, 2015
I'm having trouble deciding if I should start Bridgewater or Flacco at QB this week. I know they are both pretty bad choices, but they are the only ones I have. Right now I'm leaning toward Bridgewater but the Ravens matchup against the Raiders is very enticing. Anyone have any insight on this?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

jvandreel posted:

I'm having trouble deciding if I should start Bridgewater or Flacco at QB this week. I know they are both pretty bad choices, but they are the only ones I have. Right now I'm leaning toward Bridgewater but the Ravens matchup against the Raiders is very enticing. Anyone have any insight on this?

Flacco. I think Minny gets AP more involved and Oaklands secondary way bad...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

10-team standard. Currently starting Delanie Walker who's not going to play. Do I drop Crowell to pick up Heath Miller? Or just drop Walker?

I wouldn't drop Walker if he is your only te, he is really productive and should be back next week. Miller is a great plug in, and I'd kinda not want any Browns on my team...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So everyone knows that Delaine Walker is out today. Everyone except the guy at ESPN who changes the Q to O so that I can use my IR slot. :argh:

Edit: Just changed. Finally.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 20, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

So everyone knows that Delaine Walker is out today. Everyone except the guy at ESPN who changes the Q to O so that I can use my IR slot. :argh:

Edit: Just changed. Finally.

I wish all leagues had IR.

Sadly stares at Dez Bryant sitting on the bench :smith:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Someone in my league dropped Mike Evans and I was 1st on t he waiver :) :) :)

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Alshon is out. Royal should get 10 targets and be solid in ppr. Forte and Bennet get a bump too.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

If i was in that league, i'd probably cry Collusion, sup with these dumb leagues?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
isn't there a can't cut list?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Anderron Shi posted:

isn't there a can't cut list?

Evidently not on Yahoo, I went to drop player and could drop Brown, Rodgers, Evans, and the rest of the ppl who aren't considered 'undroppable' by ESPN, etc.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It's an option when setting up a league. You can either follow Yahoo's can't cut or don't.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Michael Corleone posted:

Evidently not on Yahoo, I went to drop player and could drop Brown, Rodgers, Evans, and the rest of the ppl who aren't considered 'undroppable' by ESPN, etc.

I think that's commish controllable, tho if its one of the yahoo controlled leagues that's odd. Pretty sure they DO have a can't cut list.

Hopefully the cowboys IR-DR Dez so I can free up a roster slot.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
is anyone else rostering the Dolphins kicker, A. Franks?

NFL "projects" 0 pts but hes their starting kicker. Got me a meager 5 pts in Week 1.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Does anyone know if the plan is for Benny Cunningham to get goal line carries? I have to decide between Cunningham, McFadden and Karlos Williams. I don't follow the Rams enough to know how they plan on using him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
No one in the sit start thread will answer me:

.5 ppr,
Lmurray
Or
Dadams

I have Adams in currently and I'm overthinking. I also have G. Tate as an option.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

MacheteZombie posted:

No one in the sit start thread will answer me:

.5 ppr,
Lmurray
Or
Dadams

I have Adams in currently and I'm overthinking. I also have G. Tate as an option.

I would personally go with Murray.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

TommyGun85 posted:

I would personally go with Murray.

Me too.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Shath Hole posted:

I wish all leagues had IR.

Sadly stares at Dez Bryant sitting on the bench :smith:

Being out isn't the same as being on IR

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Why did no one tell me about Matt Jones? Kid is tearing up the Rams D.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

As someone starting Morris: gently caress Matt Jones.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

Nobody expected it. Least of all St Louis.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
As someone starting the Rams D in my money league, I'm pretty upset about this STL @ WAS game.

As a Washington fan, I'm pretty happy.

Then again, as a Washington fan, I'm pretty upset, since a win means the Gruden-Cousins nightmare continues.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

District Selectman posted:

Being out isn't the same as being on IR

In ESPN leagues it is.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I came here to complain about Mike Evans...but I have Antonio Brown, so who cares!

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

Pron on VHS posted:

Dude is a genius

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I sent the Brees owner in my league a Peyton/Sankey for Brees/Roddy offer on Friday that he rejected, but he just sent me an offer of Brees/Roddy for Peyton/David Johnson. That's a mash right? Peyton terrifies me and I want to dump him. David Johnson keeps scoring touchdowns, but he's still only got 5 carries and Ellington will be back in a couple weeks.

The Saints performance against TB has been really disappointing but this is a good trade, right? Just want some corroboration.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

drizzle posted:

Dude is a genius

Seriously, move of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
I would say that's a bad trade for you. Brees is probably worse than Peyton at this point and David Johnson is for real

• Locked thread