Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Papa Johns gives out a free topping for every Redskins touchdown and double toppings for victories.

I'm ordering the Jeff Fisher Special, all these extra toppings but i'm just going for a cheese pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Kalli posted:

Patriots left a lot of plays out on the field, and played sloppy in letting the Bills back in that game.

But I was loving thrilled about the defensive front 7. They shut the Bills down and were owning the Bills' oline all day outside the opening drive and some junk near the end of the game. 8 sacks! 3 each by Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones!

The BIlls defensive line is so loving scary the Patriots did not try to run the ball. They ran 12 times, mostly at the end when setting up the FG. Blount and Bolden had 3 attempts total, the rest were Dion Lewis or WR's.

But Brady tore the Bills' pass D to shreds. He was surgical, and had a ton of drops that kept this from being a true blowout. Filthy performance. Great job by the Oline too in limiting the pressure. I was shocked the BIlls only had like 2 sacks and a couple other hits. They were getting nothing done today.

I agree about the front 7, its for real. But the second corner position scares me. Butler might be good. But Fletcher has got to go. And Brown is a JAG at best.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
oh no, we suck again. loving rams

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I agree about the front 7, its for real. But the second corner position scares me. Butler might be good. But Fletcher has got to go.

Fletcher is hot garbage. He's quite possibly the worst cornerback they've started since Duane Starks in 2005.

Also Rex calling out the refs:

Rex Ryan:They had 11 penalties, we had 14. I guess the refs thought they came to see them today.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Gonna have to watch it on replay, but just watching the gamecast thing on my phone, the redskins were dominant aside from that bad sequence after halftime, the rams couldn't get going for poo poo.

So the hawks are tot frauds, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Whoever determined defensive assignments for the Bills has my ire. I'm pretty sure I saw Nickell "5'7"" Robey on Gronk once or twice

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Yaws posted:

Vikings show marked improvement over last week. For all the doom saying about Bridgewater being terrible he showed great strides today. Good pocket presence, read his reads and showed quickness and evasiveness. He'll never be a Peyton Manning as he's got a bit of a noodle arm but I think (hope) he'll be a solid QB. I'm glad we drafted him. I don't know if the we have a good pass rush or if the Lions o-line is just that bad but Stafford was getting battered every time he dropped back. It's hard to root for Peterson but he also did decent today. Hopefully we get a couple more years out of him and forget about him forever.

Go Cleveland, LOL at the Giants, and gently caress you Patriots.

Don't get your hopes up detroit has a combination of one of the worst ocs and offensive lines in the league. SOL4eva

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Well. Bill has 2 bye weeks now to clean up all those sloppy plays. We gonna be nearly unstoppable after that.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

@NEPD_Loyko: Tom Brady's Stats through 2 Games:

63/91 (69.2%) -- 754 yards -- 7TD -- 0 INT

#Patriots

Thanks Goodell

G
O
A
T

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

Well. Bill has 2 bye weeks now to clean up all those sloppy plays. We gonna be nearly unstoppable after that.

Please shut up.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm looking forward to another year of the Rams beating some good teams then losing every game they should win on their way to a 6-10 record.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm looking forward to another year of the Rams beating some good teams then losing every game they should win on their way to a 6-10 record.

All 6 will be games in their division.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kawasaki Nun posted:

The saints look awful. Every aspect outside of the run are bad.Very bad. The era of saints winning football may be coming to an end.

It was nice while it lasted I guess.

Countdown to when paper bags become back in style?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Wait, what? The Redskins and Raiders each won 2 SBs in the 80s. Neither had elite QBs. Also, the NY Giants.
I'd say Theismann was elite until his leg ceased to be a leg but I agree.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Brady is an old man and will retire soon and we can began the era of the Patriots being perennial losers again.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Are there more good qb's than o-lines? Pretty much every oline looks like poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yaws posted:

Brady is an old man and will retire soon and we can began the era of the Patriots being perennial losers again.

Brady is on a steady diet of HGH laced avocado ice cream, he's never retiring.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yaws posted:

Brady is gonna die on the field before he retires. Someone's gonna get a sack on him and he's gonna collapse into bones.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Other than Kony Ealy being bad on the Texans final drive (and Ted Ginn Ginning it up for a play) there wasn't too much to complain about in the Panthers game today. No Kuechly and no Star, and they've started the year 2-0 :slick:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I'd say Theismann was elite until his leg ceased to be a leg but I agree.

He ceased being a quarterback at that point too. Don't get me wrong, Joe "the Heisman" theismann was dope, but I don't think k he was the envy of every team like a Rodgers or ( not broken and lovely) Peyton.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Cardinals bitch :getin:

Not gonna lie they are looking like a juggernaut so 19-0 is basically assured.

Get on the train early before it is derailed by Palmers knee!

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

ozymandius1024 posted:

Other than Kony Ealy being bad on the Texans final drive (and Ted Ginn Ginning it up for a play) there wasn't too much to complain about in the Panthers game today. No Kuechly and no Star, and they've started the year 2-0 :slick:

I still don't think the offensive line is that good. They're better than last year, but still pretty bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Ramadu posted:

Cardinals bitch :getin:

Not gonna lie they are looking like a juggernaut so 19-0 is basically assured.

Get on the train early before it is derailed by Palmers knee!

David Johnson is a monsterous humanoid robot that is fueled by big plays and touchdowns.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ozymandius1024 posted:

It wasn't as bad as the Saints game but it was for sure a case of 'if this is the best we can do we're hosed'. Nothing really went TERRIBLE but it was just yet another display of Texans being not a good team and I guess being ok with it because there's no efforts to change that yet again

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
Julio Jones is on track for like 2200 rec yards and with Shanahan as his OC it might happen.

This is your weekly "Julio Jones is good" post

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

effectual posted:

Are there more good qb's than o-lines? Pretty much every oline looks like poo poo.

I'm happy with Washington's offensive line so far. Two straight weeks with a 100 yard rusher against two good defensive fronts. Also the pass blocking has been pretty good. Whatever issues they had in the preseason so far they seem to have fixed them. I wonder how PFF or wherever have them ranked so far.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

I'm happy with Washington's offensive line so far. Two straight weeks with a 100 yard rusher against two good defensive fronts. Also the pass blocking has been pretty good. Whatever issues they had in the preseason so far they seem to have fixed them. I wonder how PFF or wherever have them ranked so far.

maybe standing completely outside of the pocket to let des tee off on you hurts oline stats???

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hey cool I can now lament about wasting Watt instead of wasting AJ because of mediocre to lousy QB play. Whee.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is the play Aaron Williams was injured on btw: http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/NFL_NOW/in-game-highlight/NFL_NOW/REG/2/150920_now_ghl_pats_vs_bills_edelman_22-yard_TD_298115_3200k.mp4

Had to be totally immobilized and carted off. Scary because it looks like nothing happened.

midwat
May 6, 2007

It was nice to see Aaron Dobson resemble a professional WR for a game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

midwat posted:

It was nice to see Aaron Dobson resemble a professional WR for a game.

If he can become anything he'll be a nice complement to Lafell when he comes back.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Want to know why the Saints are so bad in 3 seconds?

https://twitter.com/SheHatesJacoby/status/645694452074311682

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
It's easy to look at the last 10 minutes of that game and get mad. Without that late fumble and a strong opening by the Bills it's never even a game though. Offense was incredible against a very strong D and kept Brady safe. Defense adapted against the run and was good against the short pass. Still terrible against the deep ball tho.

Considering how the Pats usually start seasons slow and build momentum, I'm feeling pretty optimistic

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

Defensive line was all over cam all day, hitting his arms, changing his motion, tipping passed etc

They just honest to god need one real wide receiver but of course that's not going to happen.

Also they were picking on aj Klein all game. If luke was in there that game is completely different

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli posted:

Here's the full play: http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/GAME_HIGHLIGHT/in-game-highlight/NFL_NOW/REG/2/150920_louis_murphy_54_yard_catch_298103_3200k.mp4

Man, it's rare to see an NFL player do that.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So it looks like the Texans defense is going to keep the team from getting a high enough Draft pick to get the franchise QB they'd pass on for a lineman anyway.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

effectual posted:

When the Cardinals look like one of the better lines in the league you know things have gotten bad

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kalli posted:

This poo poo would be unacceptable in pee-wee football. Like, even in 100% no score keeping 'we're just here to help them learn and develop' poo poo that kid would be taken aside and asked 'yo you know what your job on the field is right?'

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Are the Texans ever going to have a good quarterback?

Of course not

Dragongem posted:

Hey cool I can now lament about wasting Watt instead of wasting AJ because of mediocre to lousy QB play. Whee.

Nah everything's cool, we'll just draft another defensive player in the first round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I hope our receivers run 100 laps for each ball they dropped

• Locked thread