Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would highly recommend not going warrior or cinder on xin, if you want to build those, play a different jungler, xin just gets too much damage/CDR/healing from sated devourer, and he needs attack speed to get the knockups happening.

Going cinderhulk is planning for failure, don't do that, just play better and get that thing stacked, last dozen games of xin I've gotten it to 30 stacks around 15-17 minutes.

You'll have titanic hydra by the time devourer is sated and by that point you will be instant death to anyone your in E range of if they didn't stack defense, after that you'll get deadmans so that you can get into instant death range faster and surprise people with the speed.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Darth Windu posted:

I disagree on jax. He's super weak early and he needs lane farm to reach that triforce/bork breakpoint as early as possible.

Xin is a good early jungler tho, best duels and invades, and can go cinderhulk if your team is behind or devourer if ahead, with titanic hydra next plus full tank for serious damage.

Devourer Bork Jax is amazing, you don't even need triforce.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Devourer Bork Jax is amazing, you don't even need triforce.

I figured bork would be better to skip, but I'll give this a try once that rad skin comes out

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

edit: Who are some strong early pressure junglers, I have a friend that I play with that likes to jungle but he almost exclusively plays farm till 6 dudes, but he doesn't always farm until 6. Sometimes you need an early pressure jungler and if that's the case we usually lose those games.

Shaco has THE fastest first camp in the game. If you box up your red and take it you have level 2, somewhere in between lots and all your health, and can make plays on the map with red burn and ignite earlier than anyone is really ready for it.

Biggest tradeoff is he is very risk/reward and knowing in instinctual memory what you can and can't pull off takes quite a few aggressive risky games.

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!

Darth Windu posted:

I disagree on jax. He's super weak early and he needs lane farm to reach that triforce/bork breakpoint as early as possible.

Xin is a good early jungler tho, best duels and invades, and can go cinderhulk if your team is behind or devourer if ahead, with titanic hydra next plus full tank for serious damage.

I feel like you underestimate the power of early jungle Jax. His early clears, while a bit slow, are still really strong thanks to his e. He also has really strong ganks, while it isn't about being the best duelist early, his ganks are super strong thanks to the stun, which Xin lacks (he has a pretty decent knock-up though) until 6. I usually find myself ahead with Jax in the early game and although you have to hit some big item spikes, he is definitely one of the junglers that can do it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Man, all this jungle Jax talk makes me want to dust him and his hockey skin off and give it a go.

I really enjoy jungling but I always worry about my effectiveness. I mean I do better in some matches than others of course but I am not good at knowing when to hover and wait for an opening to gank vs just moving on and do something else. Is there some handy guide about general jungling or should I just get good and keep at it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

was my essay any good though

This might be a bit late, but I enjoyed it, and agreed with a lot of what you said. Like, the biggest problem I have every time I think about playing League again (it's been maybe... half a year? since I last touched it) is that I have no goddamn clue what the jungle is like now, I haven't stayed up-to-date with the various champion reworks and item changes, and my eyes start to cross when I look at the skill descriptions for guys like Ekko and Kalista.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Man, all this jungle Jax talk makes me want to dust him and his hockey skin off and give it a go.

I really enjoy jungling but I always worry about my effectiveness. I mean I do better in some matches than others of course but I am not good at knowing when to hover and wait for an opening to gank vs just moving on and do something else. Is there some handy guide about general jungling or should I just get good and keep at it

Jungling is the shittiest role in the game. If you can do it well in solo queue you are basically a unicorn. It's one of the things too where you can have an absolutely batshit game like 5.0+ KDA, 9 or 10 successful ganks, and you'll get that one guy on your team who is slightly behind from his own miscalculated all-ins going "lets ff, loving jungler no ganks" and just being a complete poo poo heel towards you the rest of the game no matter what else you do for them.

OTOH, the only thing I get mad at junglers for is not being at objectives when it is objective o'clock. This is even more inexcusable now that a clock shows you the time this is going to happen. If you are farming the North-end jungle when Dragon spawns you probably lost it for your team. I don't care what you build, I don't care how helpful or negligent you have been, I don't care how greedy or generous you have been with buffs, just show up at the dragon pit with your smite off cool down and we're all good.

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Jax jungle was the jungler that carried me to Platinum earlier in the season. I may have a soft spot for it, but I find it very strong and as a plus it is really fun. As far as a 'handy guide', I haven't seen anything that goes into everything in depth because the amount of content in it would be ridiculous.

My main go-to's are Crumbz's channel (Jungle for Renegades, formerly Dignitas who just qualified for LCS) he takes a really in-depth look at jungle and I feel does it a little better than most others do.
https://youtube.com/channel/UCm05X6pqXnwUgZBa-kdr-cg/videos

My other go-to is SaintVicious, he is currently coaching for Coast and he is one of the most knowledgeable players in the scene right now. The best place to learn about the jungle would be his stream, but on his youtube he analyses LCS games and explains jungle pathing and what teams are thinking when they make rotations/plays.
https://youtube.com/user/saintvicious676/videos

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Lux is really really broken imo. I can't see her ult CD staying at 30s for long. That much burst on that little CD at that range is broken.

It used to be 24.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Nothing wrong with being a selfish jungler, who only shows up for a guaranteed kill or at least a chance to gank instead of waiting and camping. I rarely sit in bushes waiting for people to slip up, because it's a risk against the definite gold I'll get from a camp or two in the meantime. If I'm going to come for a lane to gank, I'm going to try it and then peel out if it doesn't work. Sometimes you do have to wait for a gank to be set up - like if you are Zac and your laner has CC and is paying attention, they might lock down the opponent while you charge up your leap, but that's the extent of it.

eee

Hey you can jungle, anyone can jungle. It's so easy, you don't even have to interact with the other players. Mute your team at the start, they have nothing of value to tell you, as their opinions on your performance are viewed through the poo poo-tinted glasses that come with losing lane very hard on their own (lack of) merits. If you really want to learn, turn on a jungle stream and watch what they do, and then mentally compare it to things you do, this is how I learned everything I know.

Before you try a new jungle champion, do a test clear with them in a custom game. This will show you a lot about which camps you can clear, and you can establish your route. Not every champion takes the same path level 1-3. I like to clear one side of the jungle, recall for my item, grab my second buff and look for a gank, but on some people you can do camp-buff-buff-gank right away and you should know what you're going to do when you pick them.

I would say don't worry about your performance. The worst thing unconfident junglers do is stress about lanes and run around like a headless chicken. Have some conviction about your game plan. I've watched people halfway through taking wolves drop everything and run bot when the jungler shows, but they have no chance of getting there in time to countergank. Just finish wolves and maybe go down to hold the turret. And if your bot lane do die and then the enemy move to dragon as 4, don't rush down to contest, you can't. A good way to respond to pressure on one side of the map is to pressure another part of the map. Make them pay for dragon by pushing a lane into turret, or taking the turret. Or take their blue, big wolf and gromp and scuttle crab and then kill their top laner.

Always defensively ward your loving jungle entrances - people invade blue side bot tribush level 1 a lot, ask your support or AD to ward it, then ward the bush on the wall behind red when you are about to take it (You can do this from red, test it in a custom) to see an invade coming.

Lastly if you're ganking mid, come in from the path close to their turret behind the laner, if you follow me. There are different ways into different lanes.

I hope some of this is useful to your situation

flyingkiwi fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 20, 2015

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Also while clearing krugs (with no leash, and no smite) kill the small one first. While taking chickens, always kill the small ones first. While taking wolves, red or blue, walk back and forth from them between autoattacks so the monsters have to move to attack you, it will make you take a bit less damage. There is no trick for gromp, God help you.

flyingkiwi fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 20, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
gromp does NOT gently caress around

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

Keeby = HowRude
War on Krugs = NTT [Bond]

I watched them for the first like 15 for kicks. Keeby you cede a lot of lane pressure to Zed and I don't know why. Work on placing W to hit all 6 minions in a wave (you often hit just melee or just ranged) since that forces him into a spot where you can get him with Q->W, and also practice your CS via AAs with Morg because you missed a lot of CS you could've picked up by attacking late (and often not at all). Also do you click to level up skills because I noticed pretty much every time you leveled up you stood still for like 2 seconds (it cost you a cannon minion you could've AAed). You roamed pretty well/had good map awareness - next time try getting Boots over the Amp Tome since they provide a lot more benefit (especially in roaming!) than the 20 AP from Tome.

I left when Keeby was 3/0/2 and Bond was 3/4/1 (presumably from going too ham).

Solid advice, thanks. The thing about trying to Q -> W him is that W costs a shitload of mana, which rushing Zhonya's after two D rings isn't something I really want to do. I never really seek to kill the enemy lane when I pick Morg unless my jungler ganks or the enemy blows their escape when I'm level 6.

Also it is really hard to land the 6 minion W, there is not a lot of room for error there. I'm working on it though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rudager posted:

One of the biggest problems seems to be the client itself being a technical piece of poo poo.

Just look at any time a champion gets disabled for days or weeks at a time because of a game breaking bug.

I just hope they have a full rebuild from the ground up planned for the client , if not in progress already.

Hate to bust the bubble on this, but a new client has been in the works since season two or three. That poo poo is never coming

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luna Was Here posted:

Hate to bust the bubble on this, but a new client has been in the works since season two or three. That poo poo is never coming

Bookmarked this post so that 5 years from now I can point out how wrong and dum you are.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Safety Scissors posted:

Bookmarked this post so that 5 years from now I can point out how wrong and dum you are.

Do you think it'll happen before or after replays

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Safety Scissors posted:

Bookmarking this post so I can roll my hover-wheelchair over to your floating tombstone and use a 3D Laser printer to etch this to your grave 50 years from now.

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh, and one more thing. I have tested jungle routes a ton of times and I found that you should probably just go for the leash on the adc/support time to help with clears. The best route for me has been (On Gromp Side) Gromp -> Wolfs -> (Optional Scuttle) Blue. (On Krug Side) Krugs -> Raptors -> (Optional Scuttle) Red. These jungle routes blew my mind because my clears became so much more efficient, or at least in my mind...(Someone totally correct me if I am wrong.)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Do you think it'll happen before or after replays

The fact that we don't have these to this day is dumb and anyone who tries to use riots justification for not having them ("we'd run out of space immediately! We don't have the bandwidths for it!") when valve has had it for years is just as dumb as riot

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Zetta_Slow posted:

Obviously Lee Sin is strong with early pressure, but if he wants someone that can create pressure that also farms, I really like Jax. At level 3 he has a gap closer, auto reset skill, and a stun. Jax also can outduel most junglers that invade him, at least in my case. In situations where you can't gank you just farm up for the devourer. Ekko is really great for early pressure aswell, another Champion with a gap closer, long stun if you land it right, and a slow/speed up with his passive. Kha'Zix is also very strong early. These are just some of my favorites.

Libertine's head just exploded.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

(we lost)

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm the tibbers moving back and forth not actually doing anything

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
gromp hellscream is a good name

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm taking my accounts out of Bronze and I can't believe how many players start running when I shen ult them, wtf do they think I'm coming from top lane for?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Moral support

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

blah_blah posted:

Libertine's head just exploded.

Because of his recent buffs and the Warrior buffs and the bruiser itemization buffs, Lee Sin will probably be the #1 pick/ban jungler at worlds and probably in your solo queue games as well for the rest of 2015. Not to say that he wasn't already previously before all of these things.

I don't have a lot of thoughts on Jungle Jax or Kha'Zix. If you are good at them, roll them out I guess, they seem really niche at this point though. I think there's always a better Warrior/Devourer pick than either of those two, but maybe not for some people who have limited champion pools.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

drat, one entire run and lee sin couldn't avoid being the best jungler in the game

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

How Rude posted:

Solid advice, thanks. The thing about trying to Q -> W him is that W costs a shitload of mana, which rushing Zhonya's after two D rings isn't something I really want to do. I never really seek to kill the enemy lane when I pick Morg unless my jungler ganks or the enemy blows their escape when I'm level 6.

Also it is really hard to land the 6 minion W, there is not a lot of room for error there. I'm working on it though.

There's only room to Q->W if you're mowing waves down with A (rank 3 mills entire non-Cannon waves). If anything the best thing to focus on to help short up early play is W placement and last hitting since the former gives tons of roaming freedom (buy boots early, remember that pros used to rush mobis on her for this reason) and the latter because when I watched you were behind Zed in farm at all points when you should've been even or ahead.

Also I know that zhonyas rush was for Zed, but RoA is a definite good pickup for bulk and AP.

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

Jesus shit that Steelix is terrifying.

Flipswitch posted:

drat, one entire run and lee sin couldn't avoid being the best jungler in the game

Can't have a Worlds without all the "SICK INSEC PLAYS" Lee Sin gives the shoutcasters something to circlejerk about five minutes after the play happens.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

A good tip to learn jungling is how effective camping a lane is. You're not just snowballing a lane by doing this, camping someone is one of the best ways to tilt someone. Decide which one of your lanes has the highest kill potential and go for it.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
On that: Go to carry.gg when you're loading and find if any of their laners have the "on tilt" tag. I've made people on the other team ragequit because I noticed they lost 2 games in the last 50 minutes, meaning they probably surrendered and raged. Dirty, but it works.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I think this rating system is broken.

Afk for the first five minutes, ping never went below 400ms. As Jinx. 6/5/3, S-.

what

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

Gibberish posted:

On that: Go to carry.gg when you're loading and find if any of their laners have the "on tilt" tag. I've made people on the other team ragequit because I noticed they lost 2 games in the last 50 minutes, meaning they probably surrendered and raged. Dirty, but it works.

This is really half the fun of jungling. You aren't getting your side ahead. You're getting the other team behind. If being behind causes the enemy to tilt? Sucks to be them, abuse that poo poo. Nobody's going to call foul on you for doing it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Something I see worse junglers not doing is: after you gank a lane, it's completely fine to just... gank it again. People often act like there's some sort of mandatory cooldown between ganks. If you go mid, blow their flash, and still have health and mana, and their mid pushes up again... well, what an idiot. Go kill them. Did they die and TP back to lane? Yup.

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 20, 2015

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

My favorite thing is to gank TP lanes back-to-back after they blow tp because it tilts people super hard.

Seraphroy
Jun 24, 2010

kingcobweb posted:

Something I see worse junglers doing is: after you gank a lane, it's completely fine to just... gank it again. People often act like there's some sort of mandatory cooldown between ganks. If you go mid, blow their flash, and still have health and mana, and their mid pushes up again... well, what an idiot. Go kill them. Did they die and TP back to lane? Yup.

My thoughts exactly. The faster you make a single lane completely irrelevant compared to your own the better you're doing your job as a jungler. So long as your other lanes are surviving feel free to abuse the crap out of that toplane, or that ADC who keeps pushing up. It makes any team fight easier when you may as well be playing a 4v5 when that toplane isn't a tank, or the ADC really isn't a threat.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The best jungle game I ever had was just relentlessly ganking a TF who kept pushing up without vision against our increasingly fed Annie. Our Fiora fed Riven something like seven kills in laning but by killing TF and taking control of the enemy jungle it basically didn't matter.

Getting a double kill at level two didn't hurt either, but I think that the key to winning that game was just camping the TF into oblivion. I finished that game with 81% kill contribution and getting every single dragon I am pretty sure.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Was fun playing a random game with some goons here so I wouldn't mind playing with any of you guys later. My summoner name is Mr Popo, add me if you feel like playing with people who go aggressive way too often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Also, assuming you're successful consecutive ganks tend to get easier and easier, much more so than spread out ones.

• Locked thread