Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

origami posted:

The Ivanov fight makes the most sense so rest assured it won't happen

Probably because Blagoi is in WSoF now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Probably because Blagoi is in WSoF now

See? Won't happen

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
It'll be Rico Verhoeven or Sakuraba or something. They both want to fight in that new Sakakibara promotion

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I marked out so hard when Sakaikibara did his ultra stumbling promo. I could hear the Pride theme playing.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Just scanned through Bellator event, good poo poo

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Edgy to the core

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

There hasn't been enough non-ironic joy about Fedor coming back.

I thought his suit was dapper and he had twenty eight times more expression than usual. Which means nearly no expression was showing.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Captain Log posted:

There hasn't been enough non-ironic joy about Fedor coming back.

I thought his suit was dapper and he had twenty eight times more expression than usual. Which means nearly no expression was showing.

I thought it was kind of interesting that a lot of the common folk on Reddit are finally coming around to the fact that Fedor is a huge coward. I figure at this rate, it'll only be a few more years until they figure out how much of a racist he is too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

People at my gym think that the Tito fight was a work because of the amount of space in the triangle. Thoughts? These same people are also convinced that Shamrock-Kimbo was a work.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Technical aspects of the triangle aside: What benefit would Scott Coker or Viacom get from Tito losing that fight?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

Technical aspects of the triangle aside: What benefit would Scott Coker or Viacom get from Tito losing that fight?

Yeah that's a good question that I didn't ask. My remark was that if Tito did tap early, it was more likely because he was old, beaten up, and tired, and wanted out of the fight once he found that he couldn't finish McGeary.

I guess the benefit that Bellator gets is that their young, mostly unknown, champ has now dramatically finished a famous fighter in a high profile fight.

For Shamrock my point was that Shamrock is bad and only ever got submissions by taking tons of steroids and muscling people's joints, so him failing to RNC Kimbo is actually consistent with his entire career. Someone's response was that he beat up Royce Gracie so his jits should be good enough to finish Kimbo, and I didn't have time to go down that rabbit hole because the lights were going off and I had to leave.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I don't see why collusion between Kimbo and Shamrock is so ludicrous. Hrm yes the guy with an extremely fishy boxing match fighting the guy with worked matches in Pancrase could only result in an above the board match.

If Kimbo's camp approached Ken and told him go out there and fight, but if you'll make ten grand if you don't submit Kimbo in the first or second round, you'd see exactly the fight we got.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Street Horrrsing posted:

I don't see why collusion between Kimbo and Shamrock is so ludicrous. Hrm yes the guy with an extremely fishy boxing match fighting the guy with worked matches in Pancrase could only result in an above the board match.

If Kimbo's camp approached Ken and told him go out there and fight, but if you'll make ten grand if you don't submit Kimbo in the first or second round, you'd see exactly the fight we got.

Counterpoint - Shamrock never did a worked match in Pancrase or pro wrestling that looked half as good as that mess.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I don't think the match was literally a worked spot. Remember that the orginal Kimbo Slice scandal wasn't that Seth Petruzelli was supposed to throw the match, but rather he'd get paid a bonus for fighting with a suboptimal strategy by not taking it to the floor.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CommonShore posted:

Counterpoint - Shamrock never did a worked match in Pancrase or pro wrestling that looked half as good as that mess.

counter-counterpoint- Kimbo Slice wishes he was Val Venis.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I guess the benefit that Bellator gets is that their young, mostly unknown, champ has now dramatically finished a famous fighter in a high profile fight.

The fight I saw was their young(er, 32 isn't a spring chicken in mma), mostly unknown champ got taken down and controlled for a third of a round by a 40-year-old Tito Ortiz. Meanwhile an Ortiz win means their guy with a built-in fan base has a belt, which is probably always more profitable in at least the short term than trying to make a name for McGeary.

And I like McGeary reasonably well, not trying to rag on him. Just the story that fight tells and the outcome it creates for the promotion don't really lend themselves to a work.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Can't we all just agree that Tito losing is always the best case scenario regardless of the situation?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

El Roncho posted:

Can't we all just agree that Tito losing is always the best case scenario regardless of the situation?

On all moral, emotional, sporting and comedic levels, unquestionably.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Tito losing a fight? No... No. *splays fingers through my dusty, lovely ikea blinds so that I can peer into the night from my detective office, causing me to cough* Something sinister is afoot.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

coconono posted:

counter-counterpoint- Kimbo Slice wishes he was Val Venis.

:sun:

gunblade
Sep 1, 2008

-Just lucky, I guess
I don't know Tito that well (and feel free to call me naive), but he strikes me as a guy who takes himself way too seriously to ever take a dive.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

gunblade posted:

I don't know Tito that well (and feel free to call me naive), but he strikes me as a guy who takes himself way too seriously to ever take a dive.

Yeah, no way he takes a dive right after re-nicknaming himself The People's Champ

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
That shitarse Dynamite show only did 800k viewers, which is distinctly average for Bellator, and was of course crushed by the dependable titan of combat sports: COPS reruns. Weird that booking a 150 fight card featuring Giblert's wife vs a waitress didn't set the world on fire.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That shitarse Dynamite show only did 800k viewers, which is distinctly average for Bellator, and was of course crushed by the dependable titan of combat sports: COPS reruns. Weird that booking a 150 fight card featuring Giblert's wife vs a waitress didn't set the world on fire.

She's a pretty good waitress...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The GLORY stuff can't have helped, and I wonder whether that was more from Coker being a K1/Japan fanboy or Viacom trying to push GLORY.

Also pretty solid evidence that zero casual fans care about Phil Davis, much to their credit.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ditch posted:

The GLORY stuff can't have helped, and I wonder whether that was more from Coker being a K1/Japan fanboy or Viacom trying to push GLORY.

Also pretty solid evidence that zero casual fans care about Phil Davis, much to their credit.

The "Glory" portion of the card was mostly booked by Coker and Chou without using actual Glory talent. Glory's status with Spike is a bit up in the air right now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That shitarse Dynamite show only did 800k viewers, which is distinctly average for Bellator, and was of course crushed by the dependable titan of combat sports: COPS reruns.

Lol

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That shitarse Dynamite show only did 800k viewers, which is distinctly average for Bellator, and was of course crushed by the dependable titan of combat sports: COPS reruns.

"Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
kevin kay's a loving dumbass for agreeing to pay rampage and cross promoting with tna instead of cops

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Triticum Guzzler posted:

kevin kay's a loving dumbass for agreeing to pay rampage and cross promoting with tna instead of cops

The future of MMA is Bellator poaching Phoenix Jones and having the COPS/MMA crossover we never knew we needed

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Tito losing a fight? No... No. *splays fingers through my dusty, lovely ikea blinds so that I can peer into the night from my detective office, causing me to cough* Something sinister is afoot.

Stop watching me post.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
Has it been posted here that Arona has signed to Sakikaibara's new promotion along with Kron Gracie and Gabbie Garcia, per FRB on Chael's podcast

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Has it been posted here that Arona has signed to Sakikaibara's new promotion along with Kron Gracie and Gabbie Garcia, per FRB on Chael's podcast

No, because FRB is wrong a lot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FRB is stinky

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Some Bellator guy weighed in for a LW fight at 172.5

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

LobsterMobster posted:

No, because FRB is wrong a lot

Werdum vs Arlovski is a done deal!

*a day later Arlovski vs Mir and Werdum vs Cain 2 is announced*

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Bloody Elbow is reporting Garcia herself has said she will be on the (a?) Japanese NYE card so if seems it's one of the two times a day his clock is right.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

EFN: Dagestan just started on fightpass http://www.ufc.tv/video/efn-dagestan

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

acai moonsault posted:

EFN: Dagestan just started on fightpass http://www.ufc.tv/video/efn-dagestan

Bellators HW Champion is fighting on Fight Pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Sounds credible