Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

builded this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Sweet LEDs.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

soy posted:

:synpa:

builded this today

Well, it doesn't look anything like the picture on the box.

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Once ur child can squat his way out of the crib he no longer deserves to be in one.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I went runnig.

My calfs are now broken.

I do stupid things to get laid.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Helios Grime posted:

I went runnig.

My calfs are now broken.

I've never had to chase after someone to get laid. NO MEANS NO, MAN

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

It's a funny feeling to be doing HIIT and actually enjoying it. 2 years of wrecking my lungs, heart and legs with sprints and now it actually feels good to run really fast

probably not doing it hard enough anymore

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

lodewijk posted:

:aaaaa:

My OHP is stuck on 110 lbs atm. I'm doing stronglifts. I can maintain the progress for the other lifts but the OHP is the only thing I really have trouble with. Other numbers: bench (135), squat (175), deadlift (220), row (95); weight (185).

I just got started like two months ago and yeah, overhead press is the one I've failed on the last two or three times. Weigh 165, squat 165, deadlift 205, bench 110, row 120, press 95.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Funnily enough OHP has always been the easiest lift for me. On the other hand my every other lift kinda sucks rear end

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
When you start your ohp, do you lift from the ground or from a rack? I find it harder to start from the ground and get into position, and I fail more reps that way than from the rack.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

My Q-Face posted:

When you start your ohp, do you lift from the ground or from a rack? I find it harder to start from the ground and get into position, and I fail more reps that way than from the rack.

Not sure who you were asking but I start from a rack about chest height.

The lift I hate, but which I've finally gotten better at, is the row. Once I figured out how to reset my back and hold it, it got less annoying, but it's still my least favorite lift by far. At least bench press is easy so far, so I get that little reprieve in the middle of my workout.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

My Q-Face posted:

why would you start from the ground? that sounds like a lot of extra work

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i try to do as little work as possible during my workout

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Mortimer posted:

why would you start from the ground? that sounds like a lot of extra work

Sometimes the racks are unavailable.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
i just popped a tire backing out of my driveway to go to the gym

should i skip the gym today altogether and just do deadlifts with my car y/n

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Deffo skip the gym, don't bother with the car. If you haven't played a new videogame in a while I recommend doing that instead.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
I enjoy lifting heavy weights 5 or 6 days a week and it has turned me from a fat gay baby to a not-so-fat less gay baby

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Retarded Goatee posted:

I enjoy lifting heavy weights 5 or 6 days a week and it has turned me from a fat gay baby to a not-so-fat less gay baby

Your gay is going the wrong way, baby.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Definitely supposed to get gayer as you lift more

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you guys don't cool it with the ironic homosexuality we're going to get actual sincere fags in this thread, and nobody wants that.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

unlimited shrimp posted:

i just popped a tire backing out of my driveway to go to the gym

should i skip the gym today altogether and just do deadlifts with my car y/n

Sell car, purchase more weights, watch the profits come rolling in somehow.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

If you guys don't cool it with the ironic homosexuality we're going to get actual sincere fags in this thread, and nobody wants that.

:goonsay:

this is not irony millenial we are gay af

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

notZaar posted:

Hah hah yes ironic

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Minorkos posted:

It's a funny feeling to be doing HIIT and actually enjoying it. 2 years of wrecking my lungs, heart and legs with sprints and now it actually feels good to run really fast

probably not doing it hard enough anymore

Your teeth should be numb and you should taste blood in the back of your throat. Puking is optional.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

FogHelmut posted:

Your teeth should be numb and you should taste blood in the back of your throat. Puking is optional.

I gauge endurance workouts by how many shirts I sweat through. Dry spots on the shirt after working out? better not be.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FogHelmut posted:

Better eat the barf or else you may accidentally start cutting.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

I went runnig.

My calfs are now broken.

Foam roller or a massage stick do wonders for calves

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bulking fuckin owns after 9 months of cutting

I actually can sleep easily and I am not moody and im getting gains

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Give it a few weeks and you'll start feeling fat and depressed about your bloated husk, don't worry.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

monny posted:

Give it a few weeks and you'll start feeling fat and depressed about your bloated husk, don't worry.

I doubt it at the rate I'm bulking, but if my pants start getting tight I'm going back to cutting :getin:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

just moved and havent joined a gym yet due to this not being a permanent residence, but I signed up for some boot camp class

how quickly will i go twink?

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Tomorrow morning I'm going for two plate squats and three plate deadliftes, feels good man. I was doing alf 4 for the past two months but switched to SS last week and it owns

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

BoonyPC posted:

Foam roller or a massage stick do wonders for calves

I just didn't do anything and lived with the pain. That helped too.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

lodewijk posted:

:aaaaa:

My OHP is stuck on 110 lbs atm. I'm doing stronglifts. I can maintain the progress for the other lifts but the OHP is the only thing I really have trouble with. Other numbers: bench (135), squat (175), deadlift (220), row (95); weight (185).

I'm having the same issue of underpreforming in OHP. I think it is because I didn't have a dedicated shoulder day, so I now dedicate a day to do this workout:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/building-boulder-shoulders-lawrence-ballenger-shoulder-workout.html

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian
Spotting is definitely a nicer word for gay fitness anus
sex.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ramsus posted:

I'm having the same issue of underpreforming in OHP. I think it is because I didn't have a dedicated shoulder day, so I now dedicate a day to do this workout:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/building-boulder-shoulders-lawrence-ballenger-shoulder-workout.html

I'm going to do a deload for the OHP, and use 1 kg increments to try and make progress. If not, I give your suggestion a try.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

I just didn't do anything and lived with the pain. That helped too.

It'll be back :)

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

lodewijk posted:

I'm going to do a deload for the OHP, and use 1 kg increments to try and make progress. If not, I give your suggestion a try.

Add more volume. Moving less weight isn't going to make you stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

Add more volume. Moving less weight isn't going to make you stronger.

+1 this

Been seeing lot more progress since adding volume to all my poo poo

• Locked thread