Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Needs more skull heads IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
That looks cool as poo poo. All of it. I must have some of those Cursed Treasure tokens! I got undead up to both ears but I'll probs pick up a box of the soldiers and the book.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Frobbe posted:

Since i've always liked lizardmen in fantasy, i want my warband to be lizards of various kinds. I ran a summoner wizard in my first game and it was great fun.

I've got a lizardman warrior from reaper bones representing my wizard right now, but ideally i'd like something that looks a bit more like a magic user. any suggestions? ideas for lizardman models i can use to represent thugs, thieves, dogs and whatnot?

Maybe a Fimir could work if you can hunt one of those guys down(if I were to use my Hero Quest Chaos Sorcerer as my Wizard, I'd be tempted to use a Fimir mini as the appretice)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

http://www.amazon.com/Lizardman-Shaman-Heaven-Legends-Miniature/dp/B007N40S30
http://shop.sci-fi-city.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=17&products_id=1779

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
We're gearing up for a Frostgrave campaign in our group. How would you recommend we plan our war bands? Should we save money to have a reserve to replace our useless meat shields, or should we blow the lot on an effective warband?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Deffo spend every penny of your starting half grand on mans. Go for an apprentice and quantity over quality.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheDiceBagLady posted:

Say my name three times and I appear (been too mad busy to check forums regular, three trade show weekends in a row!)

Are you bringing miniatures and stuff to the shows you go to as well as your bags? I mentioned to you a few weeks ago that I'll be at the Derby show as well, just one aisle over from you, and in addition to looking for little bits for Frostgrave I might pick up a set of models and the rules for Saga. Your Saga stuff was linked from another thread here on SA so I thought I'd ask if you'll be having any of that stuff there as well?

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!

krushgroove posted:

Are you bringing miniatures and stuff to the shows you go to as well as your bags? I mentioned to you a few weeks ago that I'll be at the Derby show as well, just one aisle over from you, and in addition to looking for little bits for Frostgrave I might pick up a set of models and the rules for Saga. Your Saga stuff was linked from another thread here on SA so I thought I'd ask if you'll be having any of that stuff there as well?

I sure am. If you look a few posts back I've put some pictures of the stall up - I take it all :D The bags are only a small part now (as they fade away, as my repetitive strain injury just gets worse!) so there will the whole Frostgrave set up (with signs by then) as well as tonnes of SAGA, and well, all the other things.

There's a whole post on what to expect at Derby (and most shows) right here http://thedicebaglady.net/2015/09/16/derby-worlds-pre-orders/ :D Cheers!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheDiceBagLady posted:

I sure am. If you look a few posts back I've put some pictures of the stall up - I take it all :D The bags are only a small part now (as they fade away, as my repetitive strain injury just gets worse!) so there will the whole Frostgrave set up (with signs by then) as well as tonnes of SAGA, and well, all the other things.

There's a whole post on what to expect at Derby (and most shows) right here http://thedicebaglady.net/2015/09/16/derby-worlds-pre-orders/ :D Cheers!

Great, I'll send you an order by email :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Got my Frostgrave on this afternoon vs my housemate. Took a few pics though didn't take full notes:

Initial deployment. Because the mat is a 4x4 footer we treated it as if the edge was 6" in. My Dwarfs can be seen squaring off against the opponent's Orcs in the background.

Couple of turns in, the Dwarfs have made progress towards the treasure. The tracker can just be seen inside the 'ball' on the left. Up to this point not much magic, I have enchanted a couple of weapons and my opponent has an elemental shield.

Bit of combat on the right flank - my Man at Arms on the right has been zapped by an elemental bolt while my Infantryman on the left has just been butchered in one hit by my opponent's Templar.

Shot from the other side. The Goblin Archer can be seen on the left taking a break from his pot shots at my Crossbowman on the rightmost fulcrum after my tracker threw an axe through his mate's head. The Goblin Shamen in the middle is claiming treasure from the gate.

Side shot showing much the same as above. My apprentice is skulking near the fulcrum.

Close up of my opponent running off with some treasure. His apprentice failed to leap off the board, instead choosing to break his legs.

Overall we both had fun, there were some silly things like my enchanter taking out an Orc in one hit using Grenade, the Goblin apprentice continually failing spells by 5+ (by the end of the game he'd caused 8 points of damage to himself) and frequently hitting each other for no damage with bolts/arrows, with the occasional OHKO.

I took the warband I described earlier, swapping Enchant Armour for Grenade.

My opponent too a force of Orcs and Goblins including his Elementalist Shaman, his Goblin Apprentice, 2 Goblin Archers, 2 Orc Infantrymen and a Black Orc Templar. Spells of his I can remember were: Elemental Bolt, Elemental Shield, Strength and Leap. I remember he took Spell Eater too though it didn't get cast.

I'm looking forward to getting a campaign going!

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
Garden of Morr's back in the US GW shop.

*cough*

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Well, glad I got it for 15% off MSRP and not eBay prices. And I'm glad everyone else has access to this really sweet kit.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Well poo poo, I guess I'm going to have to break down and :siren: give gw money :siren:

I'd hold out for bones if it wasn't a year away.

don't tell Moolah.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Otisburg posted:

Well poo poo, I guess I'm going to have to break down and :siren: give gw money :siren:

I'd hold out for bones if it wasn't a year away.

don't tell Moolah.
Everyone has their price. For Moola it's paint.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
Imagine if GW sold cinnamon flocking to go with his bases, he'd keep GW in business by himself.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
cinnamon spice from Tesco is perfectly good enough

enrious
Jan 22, 2015
:siren: Do not eat the terrain or terrain-accessories! :siren:

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Gotta say I was a bit sceptical when I heard about this game at first, but having read about it looks pretty decent. I really loved playing gorkamorka and mordheim.
Will have to see if anyone anywhere near me actually plays it though before committing to buying anything and can't say I'very heard of anyone so much as mention it outside of these forums.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Buy the Frostgrave soldiers box, its enough for two warbands sans wizards and make someone play you.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Not a viking posted:

Buy the Frostgrave soldiers box, its enough for two warbands sans wizards and make someone play you.

I'm in the process of finding some ethically sourced dwarves for my girlfriend.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

xutech posted:

try reading this post out of context

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Ethically sourced dwarf would be a good username

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

xutech posted:

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BMM-601

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

Oh, that reminds me:

Rockin' warband ideas found here: http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/products.asp?cat=38

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

xutech posted:

http://www.lpaonline.org/adoption-

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Moola posted:

try reading this post out of context

I try not to judge and she's adamant that that's the kind of thing she'd like to experiment with.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

xutech posted:

I try not to judge and she's adamant that that's the kind of thing she'd like to experiment with.

We don't kinkshame here.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

So, I was on the fence about FG for a while, because the D20-based resolution made me kinda wary but all of the positive reviews and the cool setting and modelling opportunities have me kinda hype to get into it now. I've been looking around for models for a fantasy viking themed warband, and Old Glory's "Barbarians" are perfect. They're total opera vikings with horned helmets and fur cloaks, and they even have "Valkyries" (including a few stereotypical "fat ladies"). Their Wizards pack has a dude i'm scoping out for my Wizard(the one on the lower-left), and i'm leaning towards Queen Eaobhinn from Celtos with a fur cloak sculpted on as my apprentice.

Silhouette fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 21, 2015

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Im thinking of making an ancient greek themed warband with an oracle as a wizard (Soothsayer) and hoplites for knights. Any good ideas for miniatures?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Miltank posted:

Im thinking of making an ancient greek themed warband with an oracle as a wizard (Soothsayer) and hoplites for knights. Any good ideas for miniatures?

They may not be the cheapest or most customizable ones (being metal), but you should have a look at Crocodile Games, specifically their Olympus lines.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Recieved my Ristul's Market cursed treasure tokens in the mail over the weekend and they are absolutely aces. Nice crisp detail, no bubbles or the like, plenty of interesting little gegaws sticking out of the piles of coins like rings, gems, shields, weapons, etc. I just had to get them when I saw the skellington guy who reminded me of the Atlantean Sword scene in Conan.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Silhouette posted:

So, I was on the fence about FG for a while, because the D20-based resolution made me kinda wary but all of the positive reviews and the cool setting and modelling opportunities have me kinda hype to get into it now. I've been looking around for models for a fantasy viking themed warband, and Old Glory's "Barbarians" are perfect. They're total opera vikings with horned helmets and fur cloaks, and they even have "Valkyries" (including a few stereotypical "fat ladies"). Their Wizards pack has a dude i'm scoping out for my Wizard(the one on the lower-left), and i'm leaning towards Queen Eaobhinn from Celtos with a fur cloak sculpted on as my apprentice.

I'm so triggered right now

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Also, here's a crosspost from the terrain thread since I thought some of you might have already built some terrain for FG

Throbbing blob posted:

By the way, I'm looking to put snow effects on a lot of terrain for our Frostgrave campaign. Are there any tips for putting snow on bigger surfaces? I've been using PVA glue and GF9 snow flock on bases to make kind of melty looking snow, but I'd like really cold and fresh snow on the terrain.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

god damnit what is your avatar?

Hey has anyone posted this yet:

Lich Wizard, Cultist Box Set, Bard & Mule, Crow Master & Javelineer, Ghoul King, Wraith Knights, Armoured Skeletons and a Free Gnoll

(http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE_LICH_LORD.htm)

Looks like maybe some new soldier types? Mule is interesting, maybe you can load him up with treasure? Javelineer might be the short-ranged skirmisher guy who was kind of the missing gap in ranged combat styles.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 21, 2015

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Otisburg posted:

god damnit what is your avatar?

The son of yours

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Blotz releases a set of Frostgrave spell effect markers - http://blotz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_124_132&products_id=659 (they have individual ones too), I'll probably be picking up a set.

I'll likely be getting in on the Nickstarter too, looks awfully tempting :)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

enrious posted:

Garden of Morr's back in the US GW shop.

*cough*

But not in Euro shops. Goddammit.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Zark the Damned posted:

Blotz releases a set of Frostgrave spell effect markers - http://blotz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_124_132&products_id=659 (they have individual ones too), I'll probably be picking up a set.

I'll likely be getting in on the Nickstarter too, looks awfully tempting :)

Seems like a good deal but I wish they offered more colors so every set could be unique. Also, I think this nickstarter is a better deal than last time and I definitely want in. Has anyone bought in and if so, how much is it for the spell cards he's selling?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Where is this new Nickstarter everyone is talking about? A quick Google didn't bring up anything current.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Otisburg posted:

Hey has anyone posted this yet:

Lich Wizard, Cultist Box Set, Bard & Mule, Crow Master & Javelineer, Ghoul King, Wraith Knights, Armoured Skeletons and a Free Gnoll
http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE_LICH_LORD.htm

Edit: Anyone know the scale on those Old Glory dwarves? My mantic/bones dudes already look small compared to my opponent's GW stuff and 25mm dwarves might be too much of a stretch.

Springfield Fatts fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Sep 21, 2015