Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I will hear Marco out on the peace thing but I expect he will be unable to overcome the bitch threshold. either way I don't care now

siracusa/mann podcast is ok and the 3rd ep on fight club and sports (where Siracusa really takes Mann to the mat on the latter's notorious sports hate) might be the best ep of any podcast 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
walking back my best podcast ep 2015 comment as I realize mbmbam tore it up this year inc. the totinos pizza roll ep

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i got a look today at a phone with ios 9 and couldn't stop laughing when i saw they replaced the system fonts with comic sans

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
yeah its so beautiful. thank god helveticas gone

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I listen to tech podcasts because of organic brain damage.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Triglav posted:

yeah its so beautiful. thank god helveticas gone

Helvetica Neue is a terrible font for any amount of text longer than a headline. San Francisco is great. probably my favorite improvement in iOS 9

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
comic sans is a perfect font for a clown os like ios 9

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

emoji posted:

organic artisanal bespoke brain damage

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emoji posted:

I think about the folks in my favorite Apple Review Podcast/Morning FM radio station like they're part of my family.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i cant see how the best tech podcast would be better than the worst podcast about a topic that is actually interesting such as slates working

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

The Management posted:

Helvetica Neue is a terrible font for any amount of text longer than a headline. San Francisco is great. probably my favorite improvement in iOS 9

yeah it and the new notes are pretty much my reasons for updating

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
san francisco is a decent font but the number spacing is weird

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

san francisco's numbers are spaced proportionally by default, but you can monospace them too

by comparison, helvetica neue's numerals were all monospaced, and helvetica's were all monospaced except for 1 which was thinner

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I can't even tell the difference, nerds

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

its a different typeface used everywhere that's the difference .

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

sorry for paying attn

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Linguica posted:

All three free months of Apple Music has done is convince me I should probably just pay for Spotify

yes as much as the playlists are cool the fact that I can't start listening to them on my PC then get in the truck and have zero playlists kind of ruins it. At least Spotify was consistent between devices. The Spotify playlists kind of suck but my biggest gripe is I couldn't just browse a list of bands and you can't do that in Apple Music anyway so maybe time to re-up my Spotify premium account

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like to listen to norm macdonald live

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
[podcast opinions] heh. timb. stebe. like to queue up [unbelievably lame podcast] in [crippled fail app]

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i don't listen to podcasts because if I want to listen to autistic nerds talking about technology I could just talk to my coworkers

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ludwig van Halen posted:

look closely

it literally is the same as comic sans

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie posted:

look closely

lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Stymie posted:

look closely

:w00t:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uncurable mlady posted:

i don't listen to podcasts because if I want to listen to autistic nerds talking about technology I could just talk to my coworkers

I figured you'd just turn on a voice recorder

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Larry Parrish posted:

I figured you'd just turn on a voice recorder

3.5/5

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
if anyone wants to get some extra life out of their ending apple music trial audio hijack is a good app for recording poo poo to mp3 and its 20% off with a coupon from sixcolors

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Pope is visiting New York and Philadelphia next week, and UPS is halting deliveries in certain regions of the two cities. The delivery halt runs from Thursday, September 24th through Saturday, September 26th. Since the next day is a Sunday, package deliveries won't take place in the affected areas until Monday, September 28th. UPS is implementing this plan as a security precaution.

lmao. owned by the pope. papal ownage. the holiest of ownage.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Yes, pay for a type of super basic app of which there are many free and open source options and use it to steal music through the worst streaming UI on the planet.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

emoji posted:

Yes, pay for a type of super basic app of which there are many free and open source options and use it to steal music through the worst streaming UI on the planet.

the IYG method

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

triple sulk posted:

The Pope is visiting New York and Philadelphia next week, and UPS is halting deliveries in certain regions of the two cities. The delivery halt runs from Thursday, September 24th through Saturday, September 26th. Since the next day is a Sunday, package deliveries won't take place in the affected areas until Monday, September 28th. UPS is implementing this plan as a security precaution.

lmao. owned by the pope. papal ownage. the holiest of ownage.

lol r u loving kidding

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the current pope is a legit threat to the shittu status quo so it's fair precaution given how much America loves killing people

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

go home echi you're drunk

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
pope's gonna be a legit threat to my commute this week :mad:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Just got a refund for Peace, should I buy a different content blocker?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
get purify

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

echinopsis posted:

the current pope is a legit threat to the shittu status quo so it's fair precaution given how much America loves killing people

Get this LF posting gently caress wad out of the Apple thread

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the new pope owns

they'll never let a Jesuit be pope ever again after him because they just dgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

security aside, the city apparently plans to shut down huge swaths of the transportation network and has no plan to deal with the logistical clusterfuck that will inevitably result so it's possible the trucks just wouldn't be able to get where they needed to go anyway

• Locked thread