Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Nintendo Kid posted:

Speaking of the opinion rewards, what's everyone else's total look like?
$37.91, but I spent a couple weeks in timeout after accidentally hitting yes to the fake waterpark question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
I haven't gotten a survey since 8/29. I always answer honestly so I don't think I should be locked out. What gives?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

E.T. NO HOMO posted:

I haven't gotten a survey since 8/29. I always answer honestly so I don't think I should be locked out. What gives?

Go walk around more stores? I always get one a day or 2 after visiting a lot of the stores in my area (Target, walmart, banks, lowes, etc.).

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
$31.14 :( I clearly don't go to Home Depot often enough.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

rotaryfun posted:

Go walk around more stores? I always get one a day or 2 after visiting a lot of the stores in my area (Target, walmart, banks, lowes, etc.).

Speaking of which, I was at Toyota on Sat buying a new car.... These are the typical surveys I get.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
That's the only survey I ever see, and only when I visit Home Depot or Walmart.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

$46.73

I got a nice boost in surveys in the winter because I was taking the train instead of biking and my station was next to a Walgreens. Once or twice a week I would get a survey asking when I'd last went to Walgreens. At first I said I hadn't, then I realized saying I had got a little bigger reward (and saying I'd taken public transit to get there got slightly more still).

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

£12.03

It helps I walk past a John Lewis fairly regularly so I always get one of those

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

$44.75.

Most of my recent surveys say they're based on my recent location, then they give me surveys that list places I've not only not been to, but are nowhere near anywhere I have been to, or that don't exist in my city.

This morning, before work, I got one about some news summit. This is the second time I've gotten it in the past month and a half or so.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

€0.50
Had no idea it was available outside the US.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AnimalChin posted:

Keep has a great widget :confused:

Sticky Notes Widget lets me put notes up as small as 2x1 and modify the text so I can get a lot of info right on my screen. If I resize Keep to 2x1 it just shows the label or type of the notes, not very helpful.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 21, 2015

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

$25.62 wtf

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

$41.61 but I'm due more on Thursday after I go to Buffalo Wild Wings tomorrow as I get that one every week.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Suck on that big fat hog. It would be even higher except that I've been using my tablet exclusively for PerkTV for the last month so I've likely missed a bunch of surveys.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

46.66 :devil:

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

LastInLine posted:

$41.61 but I'm due more on Thursday after I go to Buffalo Wild Wings tomorrow as I get that one every week.

Sad that Google would subsidize your suicide

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

$49.17. Not too bad. Bought/rented a few movies, some apps/iap I wouldn't have otherwise.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
I'm only at like $13, but unlike you hoarders, I actually spend my rewards. I spend them on everything that has a pay option, and I still have more credit than I need. Are you guys saving up to buy a Nexus phone or something? Don't the credits expire after a certain time?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Do any of the twitter clients allow you to make custom mute lists depending on the circumstances? Like for example a Game of Thrones and Monday Night football list so I can mute all things related to the program with one click instead having to click each thing I want to mute every time.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

brc64 posted:

Are you guys saving up to buy a Nexus phone or something? Don't the credits expire after a certain time?
You can't spend them on devices and yes they expire.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

brc64 posted:

I'm only at like $13, but unlike you hoarders, I actually spend my rewards. I spend them on everything that has a pay option, and I still have more credit than I need. Are you guys saving up to buy a Nexus phone or something? Don't the credits expire after a certain time?

Who is hoarding? Everyone is posting totals, not current amount.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Who is hoarding? Everyone is posting totals, not current amount.

This. My current total is around $6 because I'm saving up for a book.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

My total is like $9 and I've had it for just over a year now. How the hell are you guys getting multiple questions per day? I'm lucky if I get two in a month.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Odobenidae posted:

My total is like $9 and I've had it for just over a year now. How the hell are you guys getting multiple questions per day? I'm lucky if I get two in a month.

Maybe if you spent more time at Buffalo Wild Wings instead of foraging for truffles you'd have more surveys.

Oh. $35.99. That's the price of my soul according to Google.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hotsauce posted:

Maybe if you spent more time at Buffalo Wild Wings instead of foraging for truffles you'd have more surveys.
Sorry, was too busy running an ultra-marathon and learning the play the trumpet and/or saxophone.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

hotsauce posted:

I literally laughed out loud at this.

Seriously if you go anywhere other than work and home and have location services turned on, you should be seeing multiple surveys a week.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Tunga posted:

Sorry, was too busy running an ultra-marathon and learning the play the trumpet and/or saxophone.

Oh good, you got the trumpet question too. I thought it might have been because I browsed musical instruments on Amazon recently (without googling them).

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Has there been a new favourite keyboard I might have missed? I'm flitting between SwiftKey and Google and neither are great. I've tried loads of others and my preference is swiping but I can't find one that is anywhere near as good as I expect.

SwiftKey, when I try typing 'and' says 'absolutely', every single time. Next word prediction is great but swiping is gash.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Swype?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Tried that as well quite a while ago and it was no better than any of the others.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I hope they're using this survey data to...improve google maps? What are they going for here? I get the "when is the last time you were at WalMart" type questions. You know, Google! Stop playing coy with me!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is Manual Camera still decent to get on the Nexus 6?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

brc64 posted:

We're posting totals (my current unspent amount is like $1.50). Also yeah, they expire, but it's after like a full year from when you get it.

myron cope posted:

I hope they're using this survey data to...improve google maps? What are they going for here? I get the "when is the last time you were at WalMart" type questions. You know, Google! Stop playing coy with me!

Yeah a lot of those are "your phone was in the area, but maybe you were actually at the store next door".

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

myron cope posted:

Yeah a lot of those are "your phone was in the area, but maybe you were actually at the store next door".
[/quote]

Yeah usually those survey's list a bunch of stores that I wasn't at, but were right next to one I was. Probably trying to fine-tune their location services.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Has there been a new favourite keyboard I might have missed? I'm flitting between SwiftKey and Google and neither are great. I've tried loads of others and my preference is swiping but I can't find one that is anywhere near as good as I expect.

SwiftKey, when I try typing 'and' says 'absolutely', every single time. Next word prediction is great but swiping is gash.

This might sound a bit weird, but try the Google one and do fancy swipes, like you're constantly looping all over the place instead of going in straight lines from letter to letter. I get more accurate results that way for some reason, and it's kinda fun

Also I have the swipe-through-space thing turned off because that just causes problems when I accidentally graze it

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I love Swiftkey for the typing, but yeah the swipe portion is really garbage. It's been garbage since it was introduced too and it's been a few years now.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Swype is far and away the best swiping keyboard, unfortunately they still don't have the option for a dedicated number row and even though they finally have an emoji keyboard it's hidden under a dual-purpose enter key.

Don't worry though the useless loving SWYPE key that does nothing but take you to their lovely theme store to buy three dollar star trek skins is still wasting screen space

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Syrinxx posted:

Don't worry though the useless loving SWYPE key that does nothing but take you to their lovely theme store to buy three dollar star trek skins is still wasting screen space

Well, swyping from that to the number key next to it brings up the special commands (arrows, cut/copy/paste) but they could just remap it.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You can long tap the word "absolutely" in the prediction bar and it will ask if you want it to stop doing that.

Sometimes you need to bully Swiftkey just a tiny bit, but it's so worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Issue I'm having is that when it inevitably gets the word wrong I can't hit backspace once to clear it but have to delete it one letter at a time.

• Locked thread