Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nail Rat posted:

Andre Johnson drops passes now and Reggie Wayne started doing it his last couple years too. For some reason old dudes start getting worse hands too which makes no sense. Maybe they're worrying more about the hits or turning upfield than they used to.

I'm starting to this our pregame tradition of eating fried chicken, corn on the cob, and buttery biscuit rolls is somehow backfiring!

Nah, drops weren't that bad, it's just frustrating seeing Hartline go for a deep TD as Miamis current receivers (minus Landry and Matthews) do nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

Hell, they got a taunting penalty after giving up a touchdown.

That's some next level poo poo

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

NC-17 posted:

hahahaha

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Michael Oher and co shut down JJ Watt for the most part.

quote:

Black & Blue Review @BlackBlueReview
JJ Watt’s lowest @PFF ratings since start of ’12:

1) -0.6 vs STL, Wk 6 ’13
2) -0.2 vs OAK, Wk 2 ’14
3) 0.3 vs CAR, Wk 2 ‘15

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Wasn't watt being triple teamed most of the game?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
HornGate.

quote:

In the memo sent last month reminding all teams of the NFL’s in-stadium noise policies, the league said this: “The home team is permitted to play audio while the visiting team is on offense and the play clock is running. The audio must cease by the time the play clock reaches 20 seconds, or when the visiting team’s offense reaches the line of scrimmage, whichever occurs first. Pursuant to this policy, the visiting team’s offense is considered being at the line of scrimmage when the center touches the ball.”

The Patriots used the no-huddle offense on multiple occasions, and on multiple occasions when the Patriots used the no-huddle offense the Bills were blaring the train horn.

It’s unknown whether the Patriots made an official complaint to the league regarding the apparent violation of the noise rules. If they were to make any suggestion of it publicly, they’d invite plenty of eye rolling and cries of “karma!” from fans of the Bills and the other 30 teams not named the Patriots.

It may not matter if the Patriots complain. By league rule, “[a]ll clubs must submit a recording of the video board feed paired with the PA system audio by the Wednesday following a home game.” So if the Bills went too far when the Patriots had the ball, the NFL easily will be able to figure it out.

It was really loud even in the television broadcast. But New England has kinda dug their own grave on this kinda stuff now.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
gently caress that stupid train whistle in Buffalo

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

For some reason old dudes start getting worse hands too which makes no sense.

I actually think it makes a lot of sense that guys who have been playing pro-level football for years start to get damage from receiving.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Pete Carroll complaining about the refs http://deadspin.com/pete-carroll-says-the-refs-blew-that-big-fumble-call-1732050348

quote:

Midway through the fourth quarter, with Seattle down seven and driving, Russell Wilson was picked off by Jayrone Elliott on an attempted screen pass. But Elliott coughed up the ball, and after the pile-on was cleared, Seahawks tackle Justin Britt came up with it. Packers ball, the officials said. Carroll would love to know why and how.

“I don’t know what the heck happened,” Carroll said. “I’m going to say it out loud here about this fumble thing. When the ball’s on the ground, and there’s a big pileup, we’re trying to get that football. And Justin Britt handed it to the official. Somewhere in there, the officials said that they declared that it was down, that they had the ball. Nobody pointed. Nobody told us that. So we kept battling, and we have the football. I don’t really understand that very well.”
“I walked away with it,” Britt added. “Explain to me how that’s their ball.”

The explanation’s easy, if unsatisfying: the pile on a loose ball is basically Battle Royale. For all of football’s gargantuan rulebook and the clarity afforded by replay review, there’s just no way to police what goes on at the bottom of a scrum, and no way to ensure that the player who has the ball when officials finally uncover it came by possession legally. Biting, choking, punching, gouging, testicle-squeezing...anything goes. It’s not ideal, but it’s also not fixable. And the only feint toward fairness is the notion that it’ll even out over time. Which isn’t much consolation when it happens to your team in the fourth quarter of a close game.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Thanks for curing my ED

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

gently caress that stupid train whistle in Buffalo

I remember it being complained about quite a bit last year specifically for the same reasons. They abuse the poo poo out of it and blow it when teams are at the line and stuff. They certainly did it against the Browns last year. I'd love to see them get smacked for it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He's just asking questions

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

wilderthanmild posted:

I remember it being complained about quite a bit last year specifically for the same reasons. They abuse the poo poo out of it and blow it when teams are at the line and stuff. They certainly did it against the Browns last year. I'd love to see them get smacked for it.

League sent memo .. pattern .. of activity that .. is .. detrimental to ... *overcome with vapors*

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NC-17 posted:

League sent memo .. pattern .. of activity that .. is .. detrimental to ... *overcome with vapors*

Muddy the waters.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Azhais posted:

He's just asking questions

Jet fuel can't melt poor officiating

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Having not watched the game, what was the deal with that fumble? Did a Seattle guy really come up with it?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Metapod posted:

Jet fuel can't melt poor officiating

I beg to differ

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Bears and cowboys fans are gonna be Real Sad when they realize their qbs they hate who are actually good and the backups are nightmare fuel.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nail Rat posted:

Andre Johnson drops passes now and Reggie Wayne started doing it his last couple years too. For some reason old dudes start getting worse hands too which makes no sense. Maybe they're worrying more about the hits or turning upfield than they used to.

You've seen those pictures of old WRs' hands, right? Torry Holt's hosed up hand, Donald Driver talking about how Favre would break fingers with his passes regularly?

I figure after enough seasons of having extreme-velocity footballs slammed into your hands enough times, you lose a bit of suppleness and grip strength.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

TubeStank posted:

here's rodgers little jab at wilson in the presser

https://vine.co/v/ePO7aPdnXdd

talk about punching down

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Blarfk posted:

Having not watched the game, what was the deal with that fumble? Did a Seattle guy really come up with it?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/seahawks-upset-by-fourth-quarter-fumble-call-132605226.html

Ref walks away from the pile and calls it Packers ball, Seattle continues to fight for it and strips it after the call has been made and our guy gave it up

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 21, 2015

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Blarfk posted:

They showed the Green Bay player going down. The pile up. And then that's it. The next angle showed Carroll visibly upset and Michaels said that a Seattle player came up with the ball and handed it to the ref, but they were calling it Packers ball.

It was all kind of a cluster.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The Packers recovered it, and Seattle seemed to think that whomever gets out of the scrum with the ball gets possession. The guy was down when he had the ball and Seattle players jumped on him.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Bigass Moth posted:

Bears and cowboys fans are gonna be Real Sad when they realize their qbs they hate who are actually good and the backups are nightmare fuel.

I hate to say this, but in fairness to Cowboys fans the "Romo is holding the team back!" narrative seems to be dying out. It reached Peak Stupid in 2013 when legions of morons blamed him for losing shootouts 51-48 with the #32 ranked defense.

Bears fans all seem to hate the poo poo out of Cutler as much as ever though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Byron Maxwell has a perfect passer rating against this season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ozu posted:

Thanks for the supplemental draft pick, Eagles!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Next week is going from a "I hope we win" to a "We should win".

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I think it's a little bit of:

1) Yes, Maxwell has to play better, he's been pretty garbage. Is that his true talent? Who can tell at this point.

2) The Defensive scheme is pretty garbage just playing man to man all the time with no safety help.

A dude Julio Jones can just run in a straight line. Once he burns Maxwell, there's no help or assisting and that's that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

how do they bite people with facemasks on?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Harlock posted:

A dude Julio Jones can just run in a straight line. Once he burns Maxwell, there's no help or assisting and that's that.
Julio accounts for only 1/3 of those yards it looks like. Roddy White and Terence Williams also had their way with him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Harlock posted:

I think it's a little bit of:

1) Yes, Maxwell has to play better, he's been pretty garbage. Is that his true talent? Who can tell at this point.

2) The Defensive scheme is pretty garbage just playing man to man all the time with no safety help.

Part of what some people thought with Maxwell was he was a product of his scheme in Seattle (and played with the 3 of the best secondary players in all of football. He did have a forced fumble, which Philly proceeded to turn right back over in the next series.

edit: can someone get those stats on Cary Williams? He's looked... not good at CB, besides the sack/fumble/TD he got against the Rams.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Williams has only been targeted 5 times so it's pretty much meaningless.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MindlessHavok posted:

Hey so did you guys see that the Bucs won?

I love my NFC:S Bros.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ozu posted:

How does he have a higher overall passer rating than either of his individual passer rating?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Texans offensive line is pure garbage. They could't get the running game going because it's hard to run the ball when your'e getting his as it's being handed off to you half the time

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Brannock posted:

How does he have a higher overall passer rating than either of his individual passer rating?
His cumulative TD% is 10.5, whereas is in the first game it's only 10%, which is what kept that game from being perfect. In the 2nd game the rating was dragged down a bit by Comp% and Y/A.

Rating is a combination of Completion %, Y/A, TD %, and INT%. You can play aruond with the numbers here... http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Brannock posted:

The passer rating formula caps the contribution of each of its components (eg. a completion percentage above 77.5% or something like that stops raising your rating), so combining two games you can end up with a higher passer rating than either game (instead of something in between the two like you'd expect) when a given stat in one game is above the cap and the same stat in the other game is below the cap, with the result being that those formerly-capped numbers still drag the average up and now effectively 'count'.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

The Texans offensive line is pure garbage. They could't get the running game going because it's hard to run the ball when your'e getting his as it's being handed off to you half the time

Excellent. You have the NFL sack leader and GMC coming to town next week. :getin:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Yeah. That is that is the double edged sword of Rex Ryan. He gets players so fired up sometimes they do not stay very disciplined. How many penalties did they get, 14?

26 penalties in this game for 259 yards, most in the NFL this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can we I start a thread for awful football posts from facebook?

"Had an amazing day with my beautiful wife! Although the Eagles did lose, maybe ppl will listen to me about Sam buttford. I wanted to see Mark Sanchez revamp our offense in the 4th qtr, but buttford had an interception and a fumble.. Smh! Thank God I'm blessed with such a beautiful family, especially my wife. At the end of the day God is good..."

• Locked thread