Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

a real jerk posted:

Felwithe paladin and I think cleric guild also. It's actually no big deal.

hahaha I'm a high elf enchanter. I guess this means if I farm sisters, I just have to start running to ak'annon for spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

I think you could still use the int caster guilds, only NPC in the way is Elia the Pure and only barely.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
In addition to the high elf pallies and clerics you also lose faction with the Druid and Ranger guild in Kelethin. You could probably just invis past the pallies in Felwithe and the Rangers/Druids are off on their own and easily avoided.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sister_of_Erollisi

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Erdricks posted:

hahaha I'm a high elf enchanter. I guess this means if I farm sisters, I just have to start running to ak'annon for spells?

Yo, who are you on Red, Gimme yo name

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I Love You! posted:

Yo, who are you on Red, Gimme yo name

Mckeone - you?

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Ashenden posted:

Shaman solo has gotten really depressing at 20, hope it picks up at 24 or I might just have to fall back on Bard.

Try killing the hermit in SK. It's on a 2 min timer and it's good for a while (26~ i think)

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl
So what's the deal with Holgresh Elder Beads? I understand they're going to go away soon, but why do people want them in the first place? What advantages are gained from having access to Eye of Zomm?

Zaphod42 posted:

Good thing there's a double xp bonus coming up eh? Plow through that hell level.

But I'm right there with you, I'm 30 and I'm finally about to ding 31 after grinding forever.

I plowed through 30 in a couple of nights mindlessly killing things in LOIO. It's a really safe and easy place to find and solo blues at this level, though it's drying up pretty hard at 32. I'll definitely have to leave once I ding 33. I've heard that the Frontier Mountains ledge is a good place to go for this level, but where in Frontier Mountains is that exactly?

Ashenden posted:

Shaman solo has gotten really depressing at 20, hope it picks up at 24 or I might just have to fall back on Bard.

20 is actually kind of a nice level, since that's when the melee damage cap comes off and you can take full advantage of the good and cheap 2hb weapons available to shamans. Pick up the best 2hb you can afford (ideally a Poison Wind Censer, but something like a Runewood Great Staff is probably fine for now) and you can mindlessly face tank stuff for quite a while. Pull with a DoT and then just bash away. Some +HP items will make this safer.

For 20-22 you can do gnoll reavers, gorge hounds, and other blues in East Karana. For 22-24 you can do the aviak guard towers in Lake Rathetear. At 24 you get a bunch of good new spells, and a lot of stuff opens up to you.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Kefit posted:

So what's the deal with Holgresh Elder Beads? I understand they're going to go away soon, but why do people want them in the first place? What advantages are gained from having access to Eye of Zomm?

I suppose so you have more charges than a stalking probe and don't have to recharge them. Allows melee to more safely pull caster mobs as the eye takes the first hit. I am not sure but a person might be able to open locked doors with them too.

Kefit posted:

I plowed through 30 in a couple of nights mindlessly killing things in LOIO. It's a really safe and easy place to find and solo blues at this level, though it's drying up pretty hard at 32. I'll definitely have to leave once I ding 33. I've heard that the Frontier Mountains ledge is a good place to go for this level, but where in Frontier Mountains is that exactly?

From where you zone out in FM from LOIO there are several pathers and even a few static brute spawns. The front of the FM Giant Fort has a few pathers and two door guards that can be single pulled. The front of the FM Giant Fort is pretty popular place and is pretty safe, a lot of people camp out next to the fort near where the fort and a hill meet because nothing paths there.

Kefit posted:

For 20-22 you can do gnoll reavers, gorge hounds, and other blues in East Karana. For 22-24 you can do the aviak guard towers in Lake Rathetear. At 24 you get a bunch of good new spells, and a lot of stuff opens up to you.

I did East Karana as a druid from like 14 to 24ish and moved to North and South Karana. KFC and elephants are great in SK and hunting griffennes in NK is good for a charm casting druid.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Kefit posted:

Monks use them to pull in raiding guilds, but you can also supposedly life tap the eyes. Someone was mentioning that in guild chat last night, I didn't realize you got that much hp from life tapping something with such low hp.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Opinionated posted:

Monks use them to pull in raiding guilds, but you can also supposedly life tap the eyes. Someone was mentioning that in guild chat last night, I didn't realize you got that much hp from life tapping something with such low hp.

A necro with beads and a vp stick can pump out a lot of extra mana.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Any ideas where a couple 51 druids and a 54 monk can get some exp?

Been trying to do some UG groups lately.

Previous UG forays have been successful on my 30 bard (Vedder) and 40 SK (Noctolin). Looking forward to that hybrid exp pen being patched out.

Lets try and do more UG groups in the future.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Finally got my VP key. Didn't camp Verix, or pained soul. All in all it took me 2 hours of hard work and 8 hours of Netflix watching while trying to buy a key.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 21, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I hope it's worth it for that SOW sword bro!

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Any ideas where a couple 51 druids and a 54 monk can get some exp?

Been trying to do some UG groups lately.

Previous UG forays have been successful on my 30 bard (Vedder) and 40 SK (Noctolin). Looking forward to that hybrid exp pen being patched out.

Lets try and do more UG groups in the future.

Aggro or fear kiting anywhere would work. Anything else is going to take a lot of medding. Perma pits are probably the best XP for that level range assuming you guys know how to get down there and can avoid training yourselves repeatedly once you're there. KC is also a great place to aggro kite with easy druid pulls and lots of kiting room around the edges of the moat/front of the zone. You could do CS wyverns too but I assume those are camped out the rear end by quadders.

Alternate plan: pick a druid to roll a shaman/enchanter and PL it up with the druid and monk. Then go camp whatever you want :D

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated!

I actually have a 23 or 24 enchanter I was already planning on gearing up again. I kept saying something similar that we need something else to really make it a great trio. I have always wanted an enchanter so maybe I'll have the motivation to get him leveled this time.

I was also looking at Perma pits tonight when checking out a Druid charm guide. I am very hesitant about doing that thought as I've never really charmed with my druid.

New patch got released just now! https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211758

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Sep 21, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Opinionated posted:

Thank you for the tips. Much appreciated!

I actually have a 23 or 24 enchanter I was already planning on gearing up again. I kept saying something similar that we need something else to really make it a great trio. I have always wanted an enchanter so maybe I'll have the motivation to get him leveled this time.

I was also looking at Perma pits tonight when checking out a Druid charm guide. I am very hesitant about doing that thought as I've never really charmed with my druid.

New patch got released just now! https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211758

Awesome, wasn't expecting that. Some unlisted changes as well.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
For those who can't see at work or whatever...

Rogean posted:

January 2001 - Era has been enabled:
Class XP Penalties have been removed.
Group XP is no longer averaged to compensate for XP Modifiers (Class Bonuses, Racial Bonuses/Penalties).
Root and Movement Speed type effects will now stack.
Blue Diamond jewelry is now craftable. Previous pieces of Blue Diamond jewelry which were statless abbreviations should now function properly.
Guardian Trekolz now spawns in Skyshrine.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Were the race XP penalties also removed? Or just class XP penalties per the notes?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Race XP penalties/bonuses are not removed during Velious and will likely never be touched on this server.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Hi hello there our Red Ckroo is now in Crystal Caverns at lvls 30-31. Are you a red player that doesn't post much and wants to do something terrifying and fun? Let me know here or send me a tell in game on Willcat or Scoobs or Teddy and we can arrange to have you teleported out here to your (nearly) certain death!

Crystal Caverns is super fun and dangerous and drops good loot especially for casters, so if you want to experience the time of your life you should probably join us! (healers real welcome so we dont have to use an OOR dude we have parked there)

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

I Love You! posted:

Hi hello there our Red Ckroo is now in Crystal Caverns at lvls 30-31. Are you a red player that doesn't post much and wants to do something terrifying and fun? Let me know here or send me a tell in game on Willcat or Scoobs or Teddy and we can arrange to have you teleported out here to your (nearly) certain death!

Crystal Caverns is super fun and dangerous and drops good loot especially for casters, so if you want to experience the time of your life you should probably join us! (healers real welcome so we dont have to use an OOR dude we have parked there)

Gonna tell all the PKs that you're there to level.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Server just exploded? Might have been just me actually, but nothing else was affected except P99/site.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 21, 2015

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

good times in unrest tonight. went from 24-29 with a full group and a watchful druid PL. even fought off a pair of twinked rogue griefers. livin the dream baby!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Erdricks posted:

good times in unrest tonight. went from 24-29 with a full group and a watchful druid PL. even fought off a pair of twinked rogue griefers. livin the dream baby!

Dude, that was awesome. Squeek was the pk, i was the only person in range, we had me (cleric) another cleric, and the druid PL all healing me. The dude kept spamming pumice on me, he must have removed 20+ buffs over the course of the fight. He eventually tried to run away and go invis, someone hit me when See invis, so I started chasing him. When he went behind a pillar to hide and I start kept hitting him, he freaked out and ran backwards... into a skeletal monk. Took an xp death and logged off lol

I went from level 21 to almost 26 in that group. Now Edricks and I are going to have to rob a bank to buy our level 24 and 29 spells lol

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There was also Maxfaps, who was higher than squeeks and ruthlessly hunted me across the dagnors unrest zone line until the druid showed up and just kept me buffed and healed until the rest of the halfling calvary from the guild arrived.

Me and Frank are in a great guild on red. If you aren't on red already, come give it a try. Less camped and good groups, even if you have to put up with griefers everyone now and then.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Squeek is currently grouping in MM, sadly he's too low for my 31 necro to blow up :(

What guild are you guys in? Assuming you are part of the Thunderdome lowbie zerg.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Squeek is no longer in MM after having reached my level range :)

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Yeah, we are in Thunderdome. We gonna have to hit a new xp area. Im thinking about Highkeep or SolA. How many of you actually do the Sol Ro class quests? Do you do it at 30-35?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

FranktheBank posted:

Yeah, we are in Thunderdome. We gonna have to hit a new xp area. Im thinking about Highkeep or SolA. How many of you actually do the Sol Ro class quests? Do you do it at 30-35?

It's really not worth it, better to just outlevel content and buy/farm velious and kunark poo poo.

SolA is ok if you have a group. Otherwise just do MM and ride that train to 35+, even with the PKs it is by far the fastest route.

Alternately you could hit us up when we're on and come to Velious with us for super dangerous funtimes.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 22, 2015

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

What are you guys hunting in Velious?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
If you Red pals get to the mid 30's, I can log on my 40 cleric. Complete Healing is pretty great.

Probably will be on later tonight or Thursday evening. Usually play a couple hours at a time

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Erdricks posted:

What are you guys hunting in Velious?

Crystal caverns now, then tower of frozen shadow. On now if anyone is around. We're low 30s, and could group with pretty much anyone 26-40 or so in CC

message Willcat! I can give people a ride if it's needed.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 22, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Stopping for the night at 32-34. Next time we're on we're going to do spiders/stalags/geonids, then probably shift focus over to the Tower of Frozen Shadow and all the sweet caster gear that drops there. Then the long slog through 35 and the sprint to 40.

Fought off twinked PKs in mistmoore for half the day. Managed to kill one, force the others to plug a half dozen times. No deaths, no plugs, though we left when 3 of them teamed up because we'd wounded their pride so badly. Naked casters are no joke.

Red4Lyfe

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Red sounds terrible. Lets make an already miserably long game worse with lovely PvP. weee

I never play anymore. Anyone on blue want my cash/items? I dont have a ton. Maybe ~3k in cash and a CoS and some other random valuable poo poo. My Mage has maybe ~6k in gear, plus some resist gear in the bank.

I should probably give it to Welt or Brererererez or however you spell your drat name. i feel like I hungout with you dudes the most.

Maybe one day ill come back and roll that stupid Erudite SK I wanted to do.

Also did Steeks ever come back? he was my favorite weirdo

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 23, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Yeah it sucked a lot getting tons of XP and hanging with dudes while handily beating up the jerks trying to stop us without breaking a sweat thank you for the kind words!

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 23, 2015

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Oh wow it's been almost 14 years since I last played this.
Just created an Enchanter under my forum name, those shouldn't have big problems finding groups right? Played a Druid back on live.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
my biggest problem playing on red is out leveling gear / spells.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^

Dirt posted:

Red sounds terrible. Lets make an already miserably long game worse with lovely PvP. weee

I never play anymore. Anyone on blue want my cash/items? I dont have a ton. Maybe ~3k in cash and a CoS and some other random valuable poo poo. My Mage has maybe ~6k in gear, plus some resist gear in the bank.

I should probably give it to Welt or Brererererez or however you spell your drat name. i feel like I hungout with you dudes the most.

I nominate Jeah, he's always on and helping us noobs out.

PS does anybody wanna sell me a FBSS for 4-5k :madmax:

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you have mage/resist gear, my mage could use it.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003

Dirt posted:

If you still have any caster gear or PP I'd be happy to take some on my 14 Necro, name is Frying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Dirt posted:

Welt here! Sad to see you go dude. I could use the cash toward my bead fund but eh, seriously feels wrong if you consider coming back at some point. Minimum, save that CoS for your Erudite SK because we never know when the drop will be nerfed; if you need I'll stash it for you.