Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Animal-Mother posted:

Colin Quinn was on Charlie Rose. ( http://www.hulu.com/watch/830686 ) They talked about standup comedy in general and his part in Amy Schumer's movie. Although they mentioned his book, there wasn't a single question about its subject matter. I've noticed this with every interview Colin's done to promote the book. They're happy to have him, but they really don't want to discuss his old, white point-of-view on race. This is annoying.

Why is it annoying? Because you agree or do you want to see him forced to defend it to a smart person ?

I'd like to see the latter personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't listened to a ton of Ron & Fez so my exposure to BL has been limited, but she sparked this amazing hour of radio so she's A-OK in my book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6w5tfa3RTs

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Goblin posted:

I haven't listened to a ton of Ron & Fez so my exposure to BL has been limited, but she sparked this amazing hour of radio so she's A-OK in my book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6w5tfa3RTs

The most amazing thing about that clip is that Fez went on the show the day after and claimed it was a victory for standing up to bullying, and not even realizing he just alienated every single person on the staff and at Sirius. This was probably the point where the writing was on the wall to everybody that he was pretty much gone.

That said, BL has her moments, but it's kinda obvious why Ron is letting go of all of these people while he works hard and does his own thing. Apparently talk radio people go nuts after they hit a certain point in their careers and flame out. Fez, John & Jeff, and that Todd Pettengill guy who probably now eats out of a garbage can after showing the world he can't run a radio show on his own after decades of being a second banana. gently caress, we could throw Bubba the Love Sponge on there as well since he's pretty much flamed out already.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

The most amazing thing about that clip is that Fez went on the show the day after and claimed it was a victory for standing up to bullying, and not even realizing he just alienated every single person on the staff and at Sirius. This was probably the point where the writing was on the wall to everybody that he was pretty much gone.

That said, BL has her moments, but it's kinda obvious why Ron is letting go of all of these people while he works hard and does his own thing. Apparently talk radio people go nuts after they hit a certain point in their careers and flame out. Fez, John & Jeff, and that Todd Pettengill guy who probably now eats out of a garbage can after showing the world he can't run a radio show on his own after decades of being a second banana. gently caress, we could throw Bubba the Love Sponge on there as well since he's pretty much flamed out already.

What happened to John and Jeff? I loved that show as a sleep aid.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TL posted:

What happened to John and Jeff? I loved that show as a sleep aid.

From what I remember in passing on a Jocktober, one of them flipped out and stopped coming in, and then the show just vanished a few months later. I'm trying to remember if it was the one who kept going to Thailand.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

From what I remember in passing on a Jocktober, one of them flipped out and stopped coming in

Whoa, really?? I don't remember that part. Do you know if any of it was on the air?

My favorite bit on them was the one part where they kept setting up the same phone topic because they had no callers. Again and again.

"Does money buy happiness? Would it be nice to have a third car, a boat, a bigger house...a bigger barbecue...

...But then what if you lost some money? Maybe a bad investment? Suddenly you had to downsize, get rid of the jet ski, get a more economic car..."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Morter posted:

Whoa, really?? I don't remember that part. Do you know if any of it was on the air?

My favorite bit on them was the one part where they kept setting up the same phone topic because they had no callers. Again and again.

"Does money buy happiness? Would it be nice to have a third car, a boat, a bigger house...a bigger barbecue...

...But then what if you lost some money? Maybe a bad investment? Suddenly you had to downsize, get rid of the jet ski, get a more economic car..."

On the John & Jeff show or the O&A show? I know it was on the latter (Sam was the one who bought it up), but no idea on the former.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sorry, those were two separate thoughts.

The first was that "I didn't know either john or jeff flipped out and stopped showing up."

The second was my favorite bit regarding them :)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Why is it annoying? Because you agree or do you want to see him forced to defend it to a smart person ?

I'd like to see the latter personally.

I don't know if I agree with his thesis or not since I'm too cheap to buy the book and nobody in these promo interviews asks him about it.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
Is it true that Ron brought BL to some party for Ant's return to New York? Are there pictures? I want pictures.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
https://robtannenbaumphotography.getdigitized.net/#/zypeandanthonycumia/photos

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ohhh, did Anthony do another hilarious round of standup?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I can't identify most of those except Ronnie B, ESD, Ant, and Yeemee.

Last time I tried guessing someone in a picture people laughed at me :negative:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

I can't identify most of those except Ronnie B, ESD, Ant, and Yeemee.

Last time I tried guessing someone in a picture people laughed at me :negative:
Well, I think I remember the weirdo with the glasses but already forgot his name. Also lolling at the photo backdrop with his logo all over it like he's having some important celebrity event.

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer
I'd listen to this show:

Edit: that has to be tit sweat.

Regis Christ fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Sep 20, 2015

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do
That's either some unlucky shadows, or Ant has a serious case of tit sweat going on there.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006

You are a king among men.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006

Who's the chick in the green dress who shows up a lot?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ada shatan posted:

That's either some unlucky shadows, or Ant has a serious case of tit sweat going on there.

Alcoholism is a hell of a thing.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Regis Christ posted:

I'd listen to this show:

emptyquotin' this

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Harry Hater is back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or5_937t4NE

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That is loving awful.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
reddit keeps talking about running an unofficial jocktober on the new shows and while reddit is loving horrible i hope it happens

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I love the youtube comments, lmao

I would also be interested in what happens in Norton's brain when he sees this. He has to know this stinks but can't ever say anything.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Frost Uncle posted:

reddit keeps talking about running an unofficial jocktober on the new shows and while reddit is loving horrible i hope it happens

Seriously. The best show in recent months was the one where Jimmy was alone and Kurt Metzger was around.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DugiVzmGS2Y

http://www.allaccess.com/rock/10-questions/archive/3576/10-questions-with-woody-nelson

"We have a "no profanity pledge of allegiance' and make the staff stand and recite it each morning in front of the flag. We have the highest possible standards and a no-tolerance policy on all questionable content. If there is profanity, I eliminate it - See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/rock/10-questions/archive/3576/10-questions-with-woody-nelson#sthash.vJHiEzmp.dpuf"

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Lately I've wanted to listen to old Steve C bashing bits. The Mondays saga never gets old for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cjQFaBePKQ

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

livingfruitvirus posted:

Lately I've wanted to listen to old Steve C bashing bits. The Mondays saga never gets old for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cjQFaBePKQ

I'm trying to remember which one it was where they did "Steve Quotes" for The Mask

"Things I like:...Someone's son on my face"

That was my favorite Steve bashing line

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

I'm trying to remember which one it was where they did "Steve Quotes" for The Mask

"Things I like:...Someone's son on my face"

That was my favorite Steve bashing line

"Give me liberty or give me cum. Even if you give me liberty, I'd like some cum. I'll take cum or both but not just liberty."

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Call Me Charlie posted:

"Give me liberty or give me cum. Even if you give me liberty, I'd like some cum. I'll take cum or both but not just liberty."

"Liberty is nice, but not without cum it's not."

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Pete Davidson has been one of the few bright spots on O&J for the past couple of months. Yesterday he tore apart some guy who called in to promote a documentary called "Finders Keepers". It was old-school cringe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryX-_gTVdOk

Paul Kersey fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Sep 25, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Clay's having a good time/smiling...

Brian is horrified.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Paul Kersey posted:

Pete Davidson has been one of the few bright spots on O&J for the past couple of months. Yesterday he tore apart some guy who called in to promote a documentary called "Finders Keepers". It was old-school cringe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryX-_gTVdOk

That was great. I loved his terrible comebacks.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Hahahaha. The guy's a conspiracy theorist loon and said that black cars keep following him around. "Maybe they're just hearses, wishing."

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

"Fuckin' weenie!"

:xd:

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Morter posted:

Clay's having a good time/smiling...

Brian is horrified.

The best part of the clip is the director's faces when the subject of their new fun documentary claims that the jews did 9/11 and the charleston and sandy hook shootings were done by the government.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Does anyone have the version of Sarro's Balloon Sleeves did on Night of 1000 Podcasts? I lost it in a hard drive failure.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Smoking with Chris.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ok, tell me where I first heard this because i can't remember. It was either from Bill Burr or Big Jay Oakerson. They said that you can't bust balls with the current "class" of comedians down at the Cellar. That they all get offended or get their feelings hurt. It probably started with Joe Derosa who was always thin-skinned and as Nick Dipaolo. Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Bill Burr, and Louis moved up, and Patrice Died, no one knows how to bust balls or get their balls busted anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

JFC posted:

Ok, tell me where I first heard this because i can't remember. It was either from Bill Burr or Big Jay Oakerson. They said that you can't bust balls with the current "class" of comedians down at the Cellar. That they all get offended or get their feelings hurt. It probably started with Joe Derosa who was always thin-skinned and as Nick Dipaolo. Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Bill Burr, and Louis moved up, and Patrice Died, no one knows how to bust balls or get their balls busted anymore.
That was Big Jay. He was recounting how Derosa was in tears one night because everyone was ragging on his sweater. I seem to remember him saying it around the time Derosa "turned" on Anthony, so it was probably Jay's early appearance on Ant's show or a LOS podcast around that time.

• Locked thread