Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
My credit limit isn't that high, and i'm able to pay off about 1/3 of it a month if I don't use it. And even being hit with interest on it is only $30. Sure, that $30 adds up. But it isn't terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I don't know if it's different where I live (Italy), but my credit card expenses are automatically paid back at the end of each month directly from my bank account at zero percent interest rate, I only pay like ten bucks a year for the card itself. It's a proper credit card too, not a debit card (it's a MasterCard).

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I have the exact same thing going. I'm just in it for the free money. I thought this was the first world problem threads so I wouldn't need to explain this :smug:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I can't decide on which RC truck to buy and now I'll miss my first race on Friday, ECX Torment or Traxxas Slash. I missed my lunch break today because I was reading reviews and now I'm hungry.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm away from home on a business trip, and I forgot to bring toothpaste. It's only a two nights' trip so it's not worth the time to locate a store to buy some (especially since I'm super busy with work), but this means I'll have to brush my teeth four times using just water like a loving caveman.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mikl posted:

I'm away from home on a business trip, and I forgot to bring toothpaste. It's only a two nights' trip so it's not worth the time to locate a store to buy some (especially since I'm super busy with work), but this means I'll have to brush my teeth four times using just water like a loving caveman.

Ask the front desk.

I stayed in a LOT of hotels and motels for my last job, in the range of "super cheap" to "just on the cheap side of middle-priced" and it seemed all of them had a little sign in the restroom saying something like,
"Forget a toothbrush, toothpaste, or comb? We've got your back!"

Though conversely, if you're staying in a nicer hotel, they might actually charge for that.

I think the litmus test if whether they charge for daily access to the wifi or not.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ask the front desk.

I stayed in a LOT of hotels and motels for my last job, in the range of "super cheap" to "just on the cheap side of middle-priced" and it seemed all of them had a little sign in the restroom saying something like,
"Forget a toothbrush, toothpaste, or comb? We've got your back!"

Though conversely, if you're staying in a nicer hotel, they might actually charge for that.

I think the litmus test if whether they charge for daily access to the wifi or not.

Wish I could do that. I'm out in the boonies for this job, the best I could find is a room in a rural B&B that doesn't even have WiFi (I'm phoneposting). No front desk either, just a guy who said "here's the room key, drop it on the dining room table when you leave, food's in the kitchen, bye" (yes I have to make my own breakfast too).

Tl;Dr: I'm SOL.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I left work early but I'm too sleepy to do anything. I mean, I am just gonna take a nap on my memory foam bag chair.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Don't be pedantic, you know what I'm saying. Charging a vacation to a credit card at 20% interest is the dumbest thing. There's this thing called "saving money" that responsible adults do to pay for their vacation. Then you don't have a $300 payment with $120 interest every month.

I pay for everything with my credit card for cash back and then pay it all off right away so I don't accrue interest.

My first world problem is that I need some dental work done but my insurance doesn't kick in till the 1st of November. Also I ate a cupcake when I got home from work and I don't want supper now which isn't good.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Can't decide if pewdiepie yelling rape is funny enough to bring up to kinda cute girl I met on tinder that I'm on a date with right now anything to get her to stop talking about nick I minajs Twitter to Taylor swift or her learn to laugh tattoo

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

social vegan posted:

Can't decide if pewdiepie yelling rape is funny enough to bring up to kinda cute girl I met on tinder that I'm on a date with right now anything to get her to stop talking about nick I minajs Twitter to Taylor swift or her learn to laugh tattoo

Nothing Pewdiepie does is funny enough to bring up on a date.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I bought a six pack of what I thought was a white ale but is actually a white chocolate ale and it's loving gross

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Now I have to go back to store to get real beer to get drunk enough to be able finish this nasty stuff

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

There's one of those 300+ flavor soda dispensers in this campus pavilion and after experimenting I found out you can't just mix any fruit flavor with any soda, they're pre-calculated. I'm just gonna have half-and-half tea.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just got let go from my housekeeping job

i work three jobs and one just offered me full time. Which is good, because it means I get benefits, but I liked working part time and not getting bored by working the same job for forty hours a week

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I ate too much and now I feel oogy.

Marxism
Feb 14, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Hitler was a respected world leader, a successful military strategist, regarded as one of the greatest public speakers of all time and assembled one of the most powerful military alliances of the early 20th century. You can fault Hitler for a lot of things, but at the end of the day, he was a pretty smart cookie.

I'm two days late and you are obviously being funny but I signed a contract in blood.

fuk u. hitler bad u bad. baddies out. goodies in. suc me dike.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I can't play Splatoon while listening to loud music 'cause then I can't hear what's happening in the game and I die a lot, but I really like listening to music :(

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Marxism posted:

I'm two days late and you are obviously being funny but I signed a contract in blood.

fuk u. hitler bad u bad. baddies out. goodies in. suc me dike.

The thing is, if you were to talk to Hitler one-on-one, you'd probably agree with him about 90% of the time. And if he were alive today, you'd definitely want to consult with him and get his opinion on certain matters because, like I said, he was pretty on point about a lot of things. So its a little disingenuous to say, in effect, that any crossover between a person and Hitler is a bad thing. For 90% of the things he believed, its perfectly okay to agree with Hitler. Like dogs? Well, so did Hitler. Big fan of Wagner? Guess what, so was Hitler. Sexy blondes turn you on? Hitler's your wingman. The problem lies in the 10% of issues where the average person disagrees with Hitler, and my point is that any comparison should specify that it concerns that 10%, and not the 90% where Hitler was just a normal guy with normal beliefs.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My Halloween costume is pretty much ready and I'm going to wear it to the local comic con tomorrow.
However, as cool as I think it is, it's heavy and the boots are kinda uncomfortable.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

artsy fartsy posted:

I can't play Splatoon while listening to loud music 'cause then I can't hear what's happening in the game and I die a lot, but I really like listening to music :(
S+ Rank requires sacrifices

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There's no more rainbow doritos :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm sure Hitler's genocide policy was more than 10% of his talking points.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There's a pretty good chance I'm going to end up with 2 giant tvs and I'll be able to use the parts from one to fix the other, but then I'll have a gigantic non working tv taking up space in my house.

I mean I could toss it but for like 200 bucks I could fix it... So :effort:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have an appointment to refill my eyelash extensions and have a relaxing nap but I don't wanna leave the house

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I scored a beautiful, cool, and versatile Sisley winter coat at a thrift shop for fifteen bucks. It fits like a glove, and I'm basically in love with it. But it won't be coat weather for like two months and I want to wear it now :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We so rarely use the TV here that when either of us try it (there's two remotes), we wind up pressing the wrong button on one of them, causing the dreaded TV Not Working Event.

The worst thing about this is that I go through this pretty much once a year: can't figure out the tv, get it working, use one of the remotes wrong and forget the whole affair for a while.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A ton of people took my picture at comic con but none of them told me how to find the photos.
OH WELL.

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
I have to stop buying things that I want for a few months so I can buy something I really want.
Also since I started planning a trip to Thailand, Facebook keeps showing me adverts for harem pants and it's mildly annoying.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This morning I took advantage of my country's free healthcare to have some blood work done.

I don't know if the nurse hosed up in sticking the needle in or I hosed up in not putting pressure on the spot afterwards, but now my arm looks like as if I'd shot up some serious drugs.

Time to wear long sleeves even though it's still short-sleeve weather :sigh:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
First-world-problem-by-proxy:

I bought my GF a new phone, but it turns out it takes a micro-SIM, not her existing nano-SIM, and the closest AT&T store is to far away to bother with it tonight, but she's still annoyed she can't fully use her new phone.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

My husband brought me too much peanut butter! :negative:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A friend of mine got her wisdom teeth taken out and was having trouble finding stuff she could eat and keep down. I recommended Ensure from my own experiences.

Now I'm randomly craving Ensure.

edit: Oh and there's a get-some-money-from-trading-in-tablets thing going on Frys, and I might trade in my tablet and use that to buy a better one. I can't decide if I want to do it because I don't use my tablet much. Do I not use my tablet because I don't need it, or do I not use my tablet because my newer phone wound up being faster than my tablet?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Sep 22, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"It's all sorted out", he said.
"You'll definitely have those hours you're owed on this paycheck", he said.
Take a guess whether those hours were actually on my paycheck. Go on. :shepspends:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MisterBibs posted:

A friend of mine got her wisdom teeth taken out and was having trouble finding stuff she could eat and keep down. I recommended Ensure from my own experiences.

Tell her to man the gently caress up. I had all four wisdom teeth removed, two of which were impacted, and was eating like normal later that day.

My first world problem are the pussies who can't handle minor surgery.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

A contestant on the new italian Masterchef series is a twenty-nine years old girl who dresses in gothic lolita fashion and whom, when asked "what do you want to do in life" answered "I want to open a maid cafe here in Italy" (and then proceeded to elaborate on what a maid cafe is) :catstare:

And here I was thinking my country was safe from these kind of things :(

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
I've run out of things to watch on Netflix.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Irish Joe posted:

Tell her to man the gently caress up. I had all four wisdom teeth removed, two of which were impacted, and was eating like normal later that day.

My first world problem are the pussies who can't handle minor surgery.

Pff, look at this scrub. I had 6 wisdom teeth removed. I was tripping balls so hard when I got home I couldn't even follow the plot of The Incredibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"It's all sorted out", he said.
"You'll definitely have those hours you're owed on this paycheck", he said.
Take a guess whether those hours were actually on my paycheck. Go on. :shepspends:

Stop working immediately