Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Not the strongest episode, but the Werner Herzog monologue redeems everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

"Hey Morty, this guy reminds me of you, you wanna know why? Why? Because there's five of them, and I've had five Mortys. That's canon."

It's a random line from the DOTA2 announcer pack with R&M. I think it's there just to torture everyone trying to figure out the canon for the show.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I thought it was pretty good.

Madurai posted:

Whoa, somebody's gonna get laid in college.

Flarb a durkle

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Some people call me Mr So-and-so Dick but I never really found out why

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

"Hey Morty, this guy reminds me of you, you wanna know why? Why? Because there's five of them, and I've had five Mortys. That's canon."

It's a random line from the DOTA2 announcer pack with R&M. I think it's there just to torture everyone trying to figure out the canon for the show.

Hahah that's probably a Meepo line, excellent.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought the episode was okay. The improv was missing that certain something Rixty Minutes had, but I still enjoyed it.

A solid C+ episode.

You cant force improve is what it was missing i think, and i feel like they knew it with rick saying well this is going to suck.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought the episode was okay. The improv was missing that certain something Rixty Minutes had, but I still enjoyed it.

A solid C+ episode.

Some would disagree.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/rick-and-morty-interdimensional-cable-2-tempting-f-225607?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

Personally I agree with you, maybe more of a B/B- but I feel like it's the kind of thing that will be better after a few re-watches, sorta like Rixity Minutes.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Just Offscreen posted:

I thought it was pretty good.

Flarb a durkle

that's a pretty hosed up ooh la la

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Stealy needs to be a recurring character.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Court order- you can't eat poo poo anymore.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Brightman posted:

Some would disagree.

Lol

For me this episode was pretty okay (Werner Herzog yaaay!) All the skits were still fairly funny, but where it falls flat really is in how shoehorned they are into the episode. Like someone said, this time around it felt more like this was just: "aaaaand now that we've seen Jerry gently caress things up again, time for a commercial break). Given the episode was 'purestrain Roiland', I'd say it illustrates for me at least precisely why I'm so drat glad Harmon and Ridley are in on this too. Justin's terrific at ideas and throwing them out there, but in terms of structure or making sure the show runs smoothly conceptually lol...he's a trainwreck. So I'm glad for this episode just...yeah, another episode like this and I'll probably just start outright hating it.

Also, Roiland really does need to get into the habit of posting his vanity card clip as a standard whenever he makes statements like 'suck it' over the internet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEB2EGvxRxY

Fluo
May 25, 2007

A+ episode

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fluo posted:

A+ episode

:agreed:

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:
Awaiting random gifs from episode that just aired

*whistle*

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Personal Space.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also, upon rewatch, I love that Harmon's only character in the episode is promptly killed and taken out. Pretty apt.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I liked that the family weren't the only ones reacting to the shows. There was a little alien dude in the background who was PUMPED for the Personal Space show.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Octopus man is my poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I really liked the How Did I Get Here? bit. Everything else wasn't that amazing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
How DID they get there? *wink*

The iced coffee machine was still running and spilling her order. :allears:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I liked it all. And now everyone reading this knows that I liked it. Congratulations, all.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
I did really like the meta commentary on Worf, that he's just a guy with poo poo all over him. Just a great way to say "gently caress off" to over analyzing internet types. No disbelief suspended, no plot or character development, just entertainment for its own sake.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

I liked that the family weren't the only ones reacting to the shows. There was a little alien dude in the background who was PUMPED for the Personal Space show.

There was a part where a beaver-in-the-mans-rear end got annoyed at the show, threw his book down, and walked off

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There's no website at www.personalspaceshow.com. Boo.

I like how Rick actually gets excited about the things on interdimensional cable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr Christmas posted:

There's no website at https://www.personalspaceshow.com. Boo.

I like how Rick actually gets excited about the things on interdimensional cable.

I-i-it's a show from a parallel universe, Morty. What did you exp-*burp*-ect, a website for a show that doesn't exist in our reality? Yeah, nice one, Morty.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Im more suprised that someone has registered and started using it yet.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Dr Christmas posted:

Get this... it doesn't open

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's like the site doesn't want you in its personal space.

One personal space...
Two personal space....

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

MariusLecter posted:

How DID they get there? *wink*

The iced coffee machine was still running and spilling her order. :allears:

And later there's a wet floor sign in front of it, but the Spanish "PISO MOJADO" version.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This episode was real bad. Improv can be really funny, but here it felt like they weren't even trying and instead of actual improv, most of the bits were just a loose premise without any body to follow up. They have Summer point out that most of them devolve into a non-punchline of random violence, but pointing it out doesn't make it more funny.

The B plot was pretty lacklustre too, although the initial scene with Werner Herzog was genuinely funny and easily the best scene of the episode.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The thing about improv is hypothetically they could have, like, recorded a lot of it and chosen the funny bits? But it was all really dull. The penis plotline was passable but the improv was tripe.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't particularly care for Rixty Minutes - I feel like anyone could make up random poo poo and then let the animators extract some humor out of whatever you came up with. In this one the segments were even more forced, and pointing out that you didn't really want to do it, making that obvious, and then pointing out that most of them lazily ended in a violent punchline doesn't automatically make it more enjoyable to watch. Thankfully the B story made the episode worth watching, though just barely. A couple segments were okay. I was not looking forward to this one and I really hope they don't do another one.

SweetMercifulCrap! fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 21, 2015

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Pick posted:

The thing about improv is hypothetically they could have, like, recorded a lot of it and chosen the funny bits? But it was all really dull. The penis plotline was passable but the improv was tripe.

Yeah, what stood out to me was that most of them were a single character, usually Justin Roiland just rambling to himself and saying nonsense words. Most good improv is built on back-and-forth between two or more people, or at least multiple characters.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Biggest laugh I got was from the bargle glarb aliens' olypmics with them like measuring the spray with a yard stick. Whenever the internet inevitably produces a gif of that then this episode will have been worth it imo.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

Someone feeling clever bought the domain and set it up to return an error 102 "connection refused".

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

I am Reverend posted:

Biggest laugh I got was from the bargle glarb aliens' olypmics with them like measuring the spray with a yard stick. Whenever the internet inevitably produces a gif of that then this episode will have been worth it imo.

Same here, ironically the only one that was not improv.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The improv isn't even the joke. The joke is someone recorded a bunch of nonsense and out of that came some animation to accompany it. Like, Octopus Man is Roiland laughing his rear end off at nothing and the actual animation has jack poo poo all to do with what he's saying. The contrast owns.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

Someone feeling clever bought the domain and set it up to return an error 102 "connection refused".

I uh... I thought that was just the default for when a domain isnt registered and there isnt a server at the end.

Now I'm like :aaa:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
This episode wasnt real improv, no one said "yes, and"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Personalspaceshow.com resolves to the same IP as n33dful.com and fakedoors.com, so it's probably someone at Adult Swim registering the domain names to make sure people don't put inappropriate poo poo on the site.

• Locked thread