Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
First Dez, now Lacy and Coleman. Suddenly the dead are walking.

Here's hoping that Chris Ivory and Latavius Murray can replace Lacy and Coleman's production for a few weeks. I'm gonna be looking at running out an Ivory/Murray/Marshall/Johnson/Moncrief lineup I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

a shameful boehner posted:

First Dez, now Lacy and Coleman. Suddenly the dead are walking.

Here's hoping that Chris Ivory and Latavius Murray can replace Lacy and Coleman's production for a few weeks. I'm gonna be looking at running out an Ivory/Murray/Marshall/Johnson/Moncrief lineup I guess

If Ivory stays healthy, he is a much better play than Coleman. Him and Murray should be able to get you bye until Lacy comes back.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
They tried wrapping Lacy up on the sidelines before he was ruled out for the whole game. That doesn't exactly scream serious injury and it doesn't sound like anyone thinks he'll be out for longer than next week, if that.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Franks Happy Place posted:

Lots of rumors (from fairly plugged in people) that he either tore his rotator cuff or hosed up his shoulder in some way.

Nothing confirmed yet, but where there's this much smoke etc. etc.

Jesus

quote:

@RapSheet
Sources: #Saints believe QB Drew Brees has a shoulder injury that will likely cause him to miss games, potentially several games.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Now it's being reported that Drew Brees will likely miss a few weeks with a shoulder injury.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Guess we're getting that Weeden v. McCown Superdome poo poo show after all.

E: Ian Rapaport has been a pretty bad source this year so far, but I guess I'll be adding Dalton as a precaution.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 21, 2015

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
All this QB injury stuff is great for me, a man that picked up Mariota off of the table for free, and is now floating him to anyone who has a broken QB for WR help.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I named my team Peyton's Corpse for week 2 but ultimately ended up sitting him for Romo because the Vegas lines were so much higher. I thought it was a bit odd to keep my team named after a player that I wasn't even starting, but I guess that's now come around full circle. Tony Romo's Corpse is now off to a solid 0-2 start with like half the points for compared to most other teams.

At least my kicker has been good. I get Matt Bryant every year. Dome life :krad:

mang
Jul 21, 2015
I believe in murray, but not cj anderson

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
More value at this point: Matt Jones or Ronnie Hillman? CJ Anderson is awful and Alfred Morris is not, but it's looking like the Washington run game is going to be a lot more productive than Denver's. Take the guy with the better shot at winning the job?

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

RVProfootballer posted:

More value at this point: Matt Jones or Ronnie Hillman? CJ Anderson is awful and Alfred Morris is not, but it's looking like the Washington run game is going to be a lot more productive than Denver's. Take the guy with the better shot at winning the job?

I could see Matt Jones/Alfred Morris turning into a version of 2009 JStew/DWilliams. While Hillman is more likely to get a majority of the carries I'd rather have 50% of a very good running game that accounts for the majority of the offense than 75% of a terrible one that is pushed to the background.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 21, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

Are you the Lacy owner? What is your RB situation? Does your waiver position reset weekly? If he's just going to be on your bench, then I would stand pat. It's not like Lacy's gone for the season or anything.

I don't own Lacy. I own Bell, Anderson, Randle, and Abdullah. We start 2 rbs and a flex. Non-ppr. Waivers don't reset and I have the #1 spot. Do I grab Starks?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 21, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
It wouldn't be crazy to start Allen Robinson over Lamar Miller for week 3 would it?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

VietCampo posted:

It wouldn't be crazy to start Allen Robinson over Lamar Miller for week 3 would it?

I'm leaning that same way myself.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yep. Time for Luke M and Garrett Grayson.

God the Saints are screwed.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Brady scored 43 points this week in my league. Romo owner is hurting now without Romo. I have Stafford and Bradford, too. Should I trade away Brady and AJ Green for Julio Jones and Mariota?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Meanwhile, in less important QB news, Jay Cutler's going to miss a couple of weeks apparently so Jimmy Clausen gets to start.

Sorry Alshon owners, congrats Forte owners.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
First, stop rostering 3 quarterbacks. Next try more of a Brady, Golden Tate combo.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Also I just realized that the Panthers D plays NO next week :getin:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

Brady scored 43 points this week in my league. Romo owner is hurting now without Romo. I have Stafford and Bradford, too. Should I trade away Brady and AJ Green for Julio Jones and Mariota?

ZIGfried posted:

First, stop rostering 3 quarterbacks. Next try more of a Brady, Golden Tate combo.

100% agreed. Trading Brady is a legit downgrade at your QB. Doesn't mean you shouldn't trade him, of course. I wouldn't care about getting Mariota in return, first thing. Second thing, Brady + Green is too much for Julio, especially when you're trying to capitalize on his weakness at QB and sell super high on Brady.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

VDay posted:

Meanwhile, in less important QB news, Jay Cutler's going to miss a couple of weeks apparently so Jimmy Clausen gets to start.

Sorry Alshon owners, congrats Forte owners.

After Sunday I'm not convinced that Cutler being out doesn't ruin Forte as well. The backup dude who's name escapes me (not Jacquizz Rogers) and like Marquess Wilson could be ok though.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Any reason to not pick up Travis Benjamin immediately?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

icehewk posted:

Every week you start him, he'll go catchless. Every week he's on your bench, he'll go 2-110-2.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

icehewk posted:

If you have the spot go for it, but don't count on continued production. I'm sure once a team actually schemes against the Browns offense they'll be toast.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

icehewk posted:

We have 1000 bucks for the year in FA money. I am betting he goes for like 400 dollars. I know it is idiotic but I haven't ruled out getting in on that.

Matt Jones too.

pradmer
Mar 31, 2009

Follow me for more books on special!
Trying to make a last minute decision between Eric Decker and TY Hilton in non-PPR. My opponent still has Luck to play tonight. Is it worth risking a potentially lightly injured player?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

pradmer posted:

Trying to make a last minute decision between Eric Decker and TY Hilton in non-PPR. My opponent still has Luck to play tonight. Is it worth risking a potentially lightly injured player?

If you're already losing or something and you need Luck to play below projections, I think it's the only ~covariance~ scenario where playing the weaker player from the other team is the right move. Otherwise just go with TY I guess? I haven't really been following the injury news. Forcing Revis to cover a decoy player for a while would make sense though.

pradmer
Mar 31, 2009

Follow me for more books on special!

Fat Lowtax posted:

If you're already losing or something and you need Luck to play below projections, I think it's the only ~covariance~ scenario where playing the weaker player from the other team is the right move. Otherwise just go with TY I guess? I haven't really been following the injury news. Forcing Revis to cover a decoy player for a while would make sense though.

I'm up by 8 and I've also got Vinatieri. My only downfall is if Luck throws to other receivers instead of Hilton. I think Hilton is the safer bet rather than hoping Decker has a breakout night.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pradmer posted:

I'm up by 8 and I've also got Vinatieri. My only downfall is if Luck throws to other receivers instead of Hilton. I think Hilton is the safer bet rather than hoping Decker has a breakout night.

I think Decker will have a good night though - better than TY. Vontae Davis is going to shadow Marshall and Indy's 2nd and 3rd best corners aren't playing tonight.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Matt Forte, Frank Gore, Melvin Gordon, Giovani Bernard, C.J. Spiller, Todd Gurley
WR: Julio Jones, Jordan Matthews, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, Kendall Wright, Breshad Perriman
TE Jordan Reed

This is my team at the moment. You like any of the major waiver adds this week? I'm very indecisive when it comes to using this number 1 waiver ticket.

David Johnson, Crabtree, and Travis Benjamin are the main guys I've got my eye on

.5 ppr

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Sep 21, 2015

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gobias Ind. posted:

You haven't even lost yet

I know, but last week didn't give me a lot of confidence in Indy. Plus Jets have good D

Zypher posted:

You only have yourself to punch for drafting Jimmy Graham

But I didn't draft Jimmy Graham. He's not even on my team

Forever_Peace posted:

To sound less entitled, I recommend frequent and pseudo-ironic use of smilies.

Example: "Mike Evans :negative:"

or "Gronk :krakken:"

or "Andy Reid why you gotta be so :dogbutton:"

or "wtf is Chip Kelly doing :catdrugs:"

this has been pro-posting 101, brought to you by internet memes.

My whole thing is: if I can't vent about fantasy football here, where am I supposed to vent hehehe

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

RVProfootballer posted:

I prefer Jones. Probably the best runner on the better running team.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So ummm is it time to panic on/dump Bradford yet? Tyrod, Dalton, Mariota, Kap, Eli, Carr are available, the QBpocalypse may make things quite scarce...

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 21, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bellmaker posted:

So ummm is it time to panic on/dump Bradford yet? Tyrod, Dalton, Mariota, Kap, Eli, Carr are available, the QBpocalypse may make things quite scarce...

I absolutely would not trust Bradford at this point.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm down by less than a point with only one guy to play. Do I start Hilton and run the risk of getting decoyed/re-iniured/Revis'd or do I start Dorsett????

:ohdear:

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
Considering Bree's injury....would you trade Woodhead for Cooks in .5 ppr?

I need a WR and have a RB stable of Lynch, Forsett, Ivory, and Woodhead. My WRs are Landry, Boldin, Steve Smith , Agholor, and Hurns.

League settings are:
1 QB, 2 RB, 1Flex, 3 WR, 1 TE .5 ppr

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm down by less than a point with only one guy to play. Do I start Hilton and run the risk of getting decoyed/re-iniured/Revis'd or do I start Dorsett????

:ohdear:
In scenarios like this, I always like to ask myself: "If I screwed this decision up and the other option turned out to be right, which wrong decision would make me feel worse in retrospect?" Even if I'm wrong, at least I don't feel so bad that way.

TY Hilton might be a decoy but even so, he's probably going to get at least some yardage, right? Can't go wrong starting your studs.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Enforka posted:

In scenarios like this, I always like to ask myself: "If I screwed this decision up and the other option turned out to be right, which wrong decision would make me feel worse in retrospect?" Even if I'm wrong, at least I don't feel so bad that way.

TY Hilton might be a decoy but even so, he's probably going to get at least some yardage, right? Can't go wrong starting your studs.

Mike Evans would like a word. Although an injured Hilton is probably a better target than AJ atm.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Enforka posted:

I feel like if I had Moncreif instead of Dorsett, I could probably start him safely and it would be the right move, but Dorsett is just enough of a question mark that I know whatever one I plan for, the other will happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

quote:

ESPN's Ed Werder reports a Monday MRI revealed Drew Brees avoided a serious shoulder injury in Sunday's loss to the Buccaneers.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport previously reported the Saints feared Brees could miss "several games" with a significant injury to his throwing shoulder. It appears those fears were allayed by Monday's testing. Per Werder, Brees did experience "pain and weakness" in his arm against Tampa Bay, and Brees' ability to play in Week 3 at Carolina will depend on his "response to treatment" for the injury. Through two weeks, Brees ranks 21st among quarterbacks in fantasy points. His receiver corps has been among the worst in football. Sep 21 - 5:15 PM

Brees is going to be OK, might even play next week. But his team sucks. I'd wait till he is confirmed playing again before trying to trade him away, so he has a little more value.

• Locked thread