Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Maybe the nerve damage from hitting his head on that cabinet also activated his slack-jawed doofus gene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
It's amazing that a male like Scott Walker had an accident that made him go bald in a such a specific pattern. It's almost as if it's some kind male pattern baldness...

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

It's amazing that a male like Scott Walker had an accident that made him go bald in a such a specific pattern. It's almost as if it's some kind male pattern baldness...

thats where the lobotomy happened

its necessary for all Koch supported candidacies

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Top City Homo posted:

Democrats just need to play this on loop In political ads

Want some billionaire kid to just buy random 30 second commercial time slots and just loops this with no text or anything. Just out of nowhere bam doofus loop for 30 seconds then back to Modern Family or whatevr.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

by the way a better title for this thread would have been Scott Walker 2016: "I'd Like To Buy The World" - A Koch

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to buy the world a wall, and furnish it with moats.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Trump has cornered the Mexican immigration issue so it's up to Walker to tackle Canada

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/30/politics/scott-walker-northern-border-immigration-2016/

quote:

The Republican presidential contender said the idea of a northern border has come up while he has campaigned in New Hampshire.

In an interview for NBC's "Meet the Press" available online, Walker said his tough talk to securing the borders and enforcing U.S. laws extends to the 5,525-mile Canadian border as well.

It's a shift from most campaign-trail rhetoric, which has focused on the United States' border with Mexico, where millions undocumented immigrants have entered the country.

"Some people have asked us about that in New Hampshire," Walker said. "They raised some very legitimate concerns, including some law enforcement folks that brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago. So that is a legitimate issue for us to look at."

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Good. It'll help us keep American guns from being smuggled across the border, which is getting to be a significant public safety issue.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Fences are nice, however they will do nothing to protect us from the Mole People

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Arian_Samurai posted:

Fences are nice, however they will do nothing to protect us from the Mole People

Well you know I talked to a geologist and a seismologist at a brown bag town hall event in Ames yesterday that raised this legitimate concern, so I'm adding that to my platform. We want to build a multi-million square mile subterranean dome to protect us from the mole people. This is a big, bold, fresh idea that isn't a product of Washington, but rather from a maverick outsider who knows how to stand up to challenges. If I can stand up to 100,000 protesters at my doorstep, I can stand up to Emperor Xazazzaphyx and his merry band of mole men.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/642713834642239488

Scott Walker's Twitter posted:

Looking forward to spending time at Jack Trice Stadium for Iowa/Iowa State game today - SW

Badgers home opener is starting in 15. Nice work, putz.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

PT6A posted:

Good. It'll help us keep American guns from being smuggled across the border, which is getting to be a significant public safety issue.

Not to mention all the cocaine, fireworks and overweight tourists. And the inevitable flood of refugees after President Trump is elected. I actually like this idea, I'm going to write my member of parliament.

ATribeCalledKvetch
Nov 5, 2010

I do hate myself, but it has nothing to do with being Jewish.

Phuzzy posted:

Gotta get above that "Don't Know" %age somehow!

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Phuzzy posted:

That would require he go to Madison, which is like ISIS headquarters!

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be funny when he's forced to abandon his campaign and returns to Wisconsin to gently caress we state workers like a dog in the streets. Whipping us is how he licks his wounds.

Still, witnessing the man broken is worth it.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Walker's attempt to go back to his greatest hits (kicking working people) and falling flat in the national spotlight is even sweeter than I thought it would be. Hooray Scotty you got 2 days of media coverage during which you mostly got laughed at good work.

Latest push at home is to change State Superintendent of Instruction from an elected to an appointed position (Secretary Evers pushed back against Act 10 and Walker's voucher bullshit), the ALEC plan continues its march here.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Also LOL 2% in new Hampshire and 3% in Iowa.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Too bad the Kochs damaged his face so they can't even get a refund

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
so is this guy dead in the water or what?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Harald posted:

so is this guy dead in the water or what?

The hope now is to let the idiots run out of steam and use your warchest to essentially take the hit on the early primaries then come out swinging on super tuesday and hope you make it to the top of the heap. This is just my theory, of course, but it also holds true for Jeb.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Full Battle Rattle posted:

The hope now is to let the idiots run out of steam and use your warchest to essentially take the hit on the early primaries then come out swinging on super tuesday and hope you make it to the top of the heap. This is just my theory, of course, but it also holds true for Jeb.

I think the real hope is that people get tired of Trump, while candidates like Carson flame out as flavors of the week.

At that point money and endorsements are supposed to win elections, but Walker will be losing those to Bush and possibly also to Rubio / Kasich.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

He'll just go back to destroying wisconsin

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Uncle Wemus posted:

He'll just go back to destroying wisconsin

Do you think Walker will get WI to the level of Brownback-era KS, or is there enough resistance to stop him from going that far?

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

skaboomizzy posted:

Do you think Walker will get WI to the level of Brownback-era KS, or is there enough resistance to stop him from going that far?

The state has already put the kibosh on some of Walker's more egregious idiocy (the elimination of open records, allowing high school dropouts to become teachers, the neutering of the university's mission statement, replacing the state's excellent disability program with a private model) so I doubt things will get as bad as KS. Walker, however, is a worse and more dangerous governor than Brownback, if that were possible.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

etherealshaq posted:

The state has already put the kibosh on some of Walker's more egregious idiocy (the elimination of open records, allowing high school dropouts to become teachers, the neutering of the university's mission statement, replacing the state's excellent disability program with a private model) so I doubt things will get as bad as KS. Walker, however, is a worse and more dangerous governor than Brownback, if that were possible.

Yeah, they're always pushing on several fronts at once, so they don't get everything they want but they're doing damage constantly and it adds up.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

etherealshaq posted:

allowing high school dropouts to become teachers

lol "if I dropped out of college, then..."

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

A lot of the more recent stuff was him grandstanding for his POTUS run. Once he embarrasses himself in Iowa and is cast aside as a loser by the Kochs he may have a mental breakdown and just coast for his final two years.

That's my hope, at least.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Also Walker is both dumb and convinced that he's someone who "makes things happen" so I really hope he reaches and falls in today's debate, because I will never get sick of Scott Walker being embarrassed.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Between his plummeting polls and aggressively awful rebranding earlier this week he's going to be trying so hard at this debate tonight. I'm hoping he goes straight for Trump and it backfires on him spectacularly. I want him to get clowned worse than Rand did last time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i wonder how long until the koch brothers discard him for an investment with a greater chance of return

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Sep 16, 2015

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

etherealshaq posted:

(the elimination of open records, allowing high school dropouts to become teachers, the neutering of the university's mission statement, replacing the state's excellent disability program with a private model)

It's interesting seeing it written out like this. An outsider might think you're joking, but those are all 100% real things he's tried to do, all on Friday afternoons right before the government offices closed for the day.

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK
<1% bitches

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/cnn-poll-donald-trump-carly-fiorina-scott-walker-213859

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

fiorina would be perfect

losing by 30% in California last time while spending millions of her own money

:lol:

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
U.S. REPUBLICAN SCOTT WALKER TO SUSPEND 2016 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN, FOX NEWS CONFIRMS

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Nerdlord Actual has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Sep 21, 2015

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Death to Walker

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Who are the Koch brothers gonna back now??

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
He could still be VP as part of whatever power sharing agreement the nominee has to make with the Kochs. That's why Mitt 'picked' Paul Ryan.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
This man was elected by the people of Wisconsin on three separate occasions and they deserve his triumphant return.

jenny jones fan has issued a correction as of 21:56 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Melmac posted:

Can people genuinely explain to me how he is so well disliked yet he won a recall election? I'm honestly curious.

One factor was good old low turnout - another I heard was that some 'serious' people didn't approve of having a recall and felt motivated to come out and vote for him (or they stayed home as part of the former group)

• Locked thread