Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Really? Last time I looked at it, it didn't have any cool movement or any of the things that make arena shooters cool

I mean it has anything a UT ever did, dodging and walljumping and all that.

qhat posted:

Does the new UT have ranked matchmaking yet? I would play it so hard if it did.

Idk about matchmaking but in the pre-alpha right now they're introducing some kind of "season" system. All they have so far is just keeping track of stats like multi-kills and headshots and stuff, but there's solid speculation that they're going to be doing things like ladders for various gamemodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Jellidelic posted:

I mean it has anything a UT ever did, dodging and walljumping and all that.

I don't know, it just didn't look crisp, but I'll try it out because maybe I'm being a bitch about it

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm having the same issue? Weird.

Apparently listings aren't being sorted properly. So your listing gets posted for, say, $10.00 but isn't listed as the cheapest price even though the next cheapest one is $12.00. poo poo makes no sense.

Just don't do what I did an disable Steam Guard to see if that fixes it. It kills your market for 15 loving days.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

:siren:EU GOONMANS ARE GO:siren:

Address csgo.fish
Password: lljk

Server will restart daily for update at 5AM UK Time

Server is based in Ireland, should give a great ping to any European player.
The server is running GoonPug with the normal map rotation

Myself, Okay and Luna are our current admins, if anyone would like to be one too, please let me know
If theres anything wrong with the server or you want to speak to me about it, my steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996637423/

The server costs about $41/£27 a month, but if I sign up for a year deal we can have it for the low low price of $28/£19 a month. If anyone would like to stick some money in the pot to keep the server going and fund a year deal, you can paypal to mySAusername@ntlworld.com

I'm "okay" and my steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198228735372/

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ahdinko posted:

:siren:EU GOONMANS ARE GO:siren:

Address csgo.fish
Password: lljk

Server will restart daily for update at 5AM UK Time

Server is based in Ireland, should give a great ping to any European player.
The server is running GoonPug with the normal map rotation

Myself, Okay and Luna are our current admins, if anyone would like to be one too, please let me know
If theres anything wrong with the server or you want to speak to me about it, my steam profile is: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996637423/

The server costs about $41/£27 a month, but if I sign up for a year deal we can have it for the low low price of $28/£19 a month. If anyone would like to stick some money in the pot to keep the server going and fund a year deal, you can paypal to mySAusername@ntlworld.com

I keep getting a bad password error :(

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Are you connecting through favorites?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Just clicking the linked server address while steam is open should open up the server join thing and prompt you for the password this
If thats not giving you any joy, I believe you can open the console and try one of two things:

type:
password lljk
connect csgo.fish

type:
connect csgo.fish; password lljk

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 21, 2015

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Ahdinko posted:

Just clicking the linked server address while steam is open should open up the server join thing and prompt you for the password this
If thats not giving you any joy, I believe you can open the console and try one of two things:

type:
password lljk
connect csgo.fish

type:
connect csgo.fish; password lljk

I just joined the server through favorites with pass lljk just fine :shrug:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I just joined the server through favorites with pass lljk just fine :shrug:

i just tried again and it worked fine :iiam:

the mystery is that i was probably being retarded

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Hows the server going for everyone anyway? So far everyones been very positive about it but would love to hear any feedback or if anyone had some problems. I want to make sure this server is running sweet as a nut

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Sep 21, 2015

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I wrecked someone for ten minutes on it yesterday so it instantly gets my approval.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Ahdinko posted:

Hows the server going for everyone anyway? So far everyones been very positive about it but would love to hear any feedback or if anyone had some problems. I want to make sure this server is running sweet as a nut

Might want to make a thread in PGS too

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

I assume since I'm on the West Coast of the great U S of A that the ping would be unbearable.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting 150 to it in the Midwest so you'd probably get 200

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Latest patch broke my glock fountain bind is there an updated fix? This is an emergency.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kwilty posted:

I assume since I'm on the West Coast of the great U S of A that the ping would be unbearable.

Yeah, I had something like 175 ms in the server list from Vancouver, BC. Pretty nutty. I think at that kind of latency even P90 rush sprays aren't a possible tactic.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Latest patch broke my glock fountain bind is there an updated fix? This is an emergency.

Hey dont explode the server!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ahdinko posted:

Hey dont explode the server!

I can only buy 5 and then it doesn't work anymore this is bull I demand grenades sending glocks into the sky.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I can only buy 5 and then it doesn't work anymore this is bull I demand grenades sending glocks into the sky.

– Players can now only purchase five of any weapon per round (controlled with mp_weapons_allow_typecount).

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

sleppy posted:

– Players can now only purchase five of any weapon per round (controlled with mp_weapons_allow_typecount).

I feel like your avatar perfectly describes my feelings about this update.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
It's the best (only???) update since the AWP movement speed nerf

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
so its finally happened
my alt is now the same rank as my main (LEM)
of the 7-8 games i played yesterday with it, i got called a cheater in at least 4 of them cause i was deaging and doing alright

i wish my pc werent basically an abacus duct taped to a graphics card so i could record some highlights

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Isn't recording with startmovie or startdemo or whatever it is pretty efficient?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sleppy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLp6TgbCcj4

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Antares posted:

Isn't recording with startmovie or startdemo or whatever it is pretty efficient?

still takes quite a bit and i COULD encode it from the game itself for extra time or i could dump it as avi but thats huge :(

----------------

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=695566

RIP betting sponsors

quote:

As CS:GO continues to grow around the world, so does the market for gambling in-game CS:GO items in various ways online. Valve, the developers behind Counter-Strike have made it clear that no professional teams should have any association with betting as it pertains to CS:GO weapon skins.

Over the past few months we have seen an increase of these organizations sponsoring semi-professional or professional teams in an attempt to market their website. To us, this is a direct conflict of interest with the League and the guidelines set forth by Valve.

The following excerpt is from the announcement by Valve following the bans of players earlier this year, “Professional players, teams, and anyone involved in the production of CS:GO events, should under no circumstances gamble on CS:GO matches, associate with high volume CS:GO gamblers, or deliver information to others that might influence their CS:GO bets.

To clarify – as a professional player, team manager or event production staff, it is common to have personal relationships and/or privileged information about other teams and players. Because of this, we will always assume that you have access to private CS:GO-related “inside information” that might give you an unfair advantage when placing a bet on any CS:GO game or match.”

Valve was clear when sending their message, and we fully intend to stand by it. Playing throughout all divisions in ESEA League is the direct path to Pro League, the largest CS:GO League in the world. Being directly sponsored by a gambling website, no matter the division, is not something we want in ESEA League, as it is detrimental to the integrity of the overall League.

We have reached out to all teams who were directly sponsored by these websites and informed them that they needed to change their name. Moving forward, those who chose to accept sponsorships from gambling websites will not be able to actively promote them via the team name or tag. Failing to comply by these rules will result in the team being banned from the ESEA network until they are willing to comply.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

quote:

The following excerpt is from the announcement by Valve following the bans of players earlier this year, “Professional players, teams, and anyone involved in the production of CS:GO events, should under no circumstances gamble on CS:GO matches, associate with high volume CS:GO gamblers, or deliver information to others that might influence their CS:GO bets.

what

That seems lovely for pro streamers.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I wouldn't mind the whole gambling controversy as much if the betting websites were regulated like even remotely at all.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Lol the players earn at least $100k each year from the majors, who gives a poo poo if some lovely skin sites don't get their advertisements

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Smol posted:

Lol the players earn at least $100k each year from the majors, who gives a poo poo if some lovely skin sites don't get their advertisements

Is that true? I've always read that pro gamers even right at the top actually get paid poo poo all.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Smol posted:

Really? That's winning 5 100k tournaments a year if everything's going to the players but i bet they see fraction of the prize money with a huge chunk going to the team and managers

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Good.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
At ESL Cologne the teams & players earned $4.2 million from sticker sales and such. $4.2M / 16 teams / 5 players ≈ $50k on average. The org takes a cut, say a third, so $33k. 3 majors a year * $33k ≈ $100k.

Add the base monthly salary to that ($3-4k a month) plus all other tournament winnings and you can see that top players earn easily $200k-300k a year.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Smol posted:

At ESL Cologne the teams & players earned $4.2 million from sticker sales and such. $4.2M / 16 teams / 5 players ≈ $50k on average. The org takes a cut, say a third, so $33k. 3 majors a year * $33k ≈ $100k.

Add the base monthly salary to that ($3-4k a month) plus all other tournament winnings and you can see that top players earn easily $200k-300k a year.

The BBC had some documentary on esports and someone was making a big song and dance how they'd signed a player on the first 100k contract though maybe that didn't include bonuses

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I imagine the really popular players like olof make a shitton on twitch too.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
Sticker sales go to the org... The org can have in their player contract how much of the sticker sales go to the player. It can be nothing, 50%, everything, or whatever. Often the organizations offer less salary to the players in exchange for a better cut of the sticker sales. That's what I heard anyway

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Really? That's winning 5 100k tournaments a year if everything's going to the players but i bet they see fraction of the prize money with a huge chunk going to the team and managers

Sponsorships. Example, every time a C9 player is seen, they're pimping Logitech, Corsair, and so forth. Orgs can afford to pay pro players even before tournament wins.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

it depends on the contract but some orgs actually give almost all the winnings to the players; this is just popular teams that are a sponsor's wet dream though

pasha earns like 100k$ a year, in Poland, and I have no reason to believe other vp members earn much less

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Often the organizations offer less salary to the players in exchange for a better cut of the sticker sales. That's what I heard anyway

This is most likely true because it's incentive to do well (no one wants bad ppls stickers), it offloads your cost of running the team, and it has the potential to be really good for the player so they're going to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

dex_sda posted:

it depends on the contract but some orgs actually give almost all the winnings to the players; this is just popular teams that are a sponsor's wet dream though

pasha earns like 100k$ a year, in Poland, and I have no reason to believe other vp members earn much less

pasha earns more than the rest of vp cuz hes gettin the motar boost

• Locked thread