Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

uranus posted:

cool, make all the threads you want. have a blast. make one for discussing what we are allowed to discus in each thread to help keep things organized.

I used to think this should be a thread for good posts but the community needs u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Cckeane once accidentally castrated a man when he confused a glory hole for a whack a mole

You don't slice across the hole in whack a mole, you whack it back in.

Don't you know anything?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

1) Surely that plan that will never fail because Asiina will always be here to update the OP.
2) You guys think Game announcement thread should have all the Mafia discussion as well so that wouldn't be an easy way to find games.
3) No one does Day 0 to recruit in votefinder.
4) Why rely on others when this information could be more easily available.

Why are you bringing serious discussion into our CCKeane thread? :colbert:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

1) Surely that plan that will never fail because Asiina will always be here to update the OP.
2) You guys think Game announcement thread should have all the Mafia discussion as well so that wouldn't be an easy way to find games.

And I'm the one not willing to compromise.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the ideal solution that no one wants to bring up is that we need to pay MMM to be our full time votefinder admin so he can have resources to design a votefinder landing page where new games could automatically be posted in a recruitment phase

i honestly do not think a new thread is going to help at all and is either going to become the de facto discussion thread (thus changing nothing) or it's going to wither and die (thus changing nothing) but by all means do what you want

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hate everything about this discussion so lets make a third thread about people who don't feel like talking about this stuff and we can all post there except for met and asiina and ecco

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
dont worry i'll vanish for 500 or 1000 posts eventually

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

uranus posted:

I wish you were more open minded about being wrong and less open minded about what should entertain you but I also fondly recall nights playing go

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kumbamontu posted:

the ideal solution that no one wants to bring up is that we need to pay MMM to be our full time votefinder admin so he can have resources to design a votefinder landing page where new games could automatically be posted in a recruitment phase

i honestly do not think a new thread is going to help at all and is either going to become the de facto discussion thread (thus changing nothing) or it's going to wither and die (thus changing nothing) but by all means do what you want

Wait, I thought your avatar was a cartoon Rorshach

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I hate everything about this discussion so lets make a third thread about people who don't feel like talking about this stuff and we can all post there except for met and asiina and ecco

Diqnol what is your opinion on whack-a-mole mechanics?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Asiina posted:

And I'm the one not willing to compromise.

"I will solve literally none of your complaints. Why aren't you being compromising on that?"

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

or we can start talking about what tv show goes best with which pizza topping and drown them out. i think Vikings goes well with anchovies because vikings do things in the water like fish and are very agressive, like the anchovie flavor

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

No don't ~~~~~

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
and in this world where the 'mafia theory thread' and the 'mafia discussion thread' and the 'mafia new game announcement thread' are all entities that co-exist, i don't really understand where we go from there

like you can only have so many pages of why jesters suck and how awesome reverse death millers are until the thread is going to succumb to the inevitable dearth of discussion topics, to which it will then be relegated to the archives and the cycle begins anew

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I wish you were more open minded about being wrong and less open minded about what should entertain you but I also fondly recall nights playing go

it is true i am v easily entertained. and you should get back into go! pander still plays. we could have a mafia/go crew chat thread.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

Diqnol what is your opinion on whack-a-mole mechanics?

They don't get paid enough.

uranus posted:

or we can start talking about what tv show goes best with which pizza topping and drown them out. i think Vikings goes well with anchovies because vikings do things in the water like fish and are very agressive, like the anchovie flavor

I think pizza goes well with cooking shows because its ironic as all hell

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Met posted:

Met you are just being silly to the point that I think you are arguing just to argue at this point. Is the issue that people want to have a place to discuss mafia or is it that they can't find a game to play?

Making the New Game Thread be new game + mafia theory is the perfect solution. If the issue is that somehow there is someone that can't find a game between looking in The Game Room or scrolling the last two or three pages of what would be the new thread (because 1) it will be slow moving and 2) people post and repost about GAME STILL NEEDS SIGN UPS all the time in this thread and they could do that in the new thread ["Hey a new page, dont forget to signup for my game!"]) then they aren't making any effort and they don't really want to play mafia to begin with. It would be like saying "I want to go out tonight but I'm not going to get dressed."

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

I'll pledge 2$/month to the patreon.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I'll play go with you guys but I'm better at Chinese chess.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

Met you are just being silly to the point that I think you are arguing just to argue at this point. Is the issue that people want to have a place to discuss mafia or is it that they can't find a game to play?

Making the New Game Thread be new game + mafia theory is the perfect solution. If the issue is that somehow there is someone that can't find a game between looking in The Game Room or scrolling the last two or three pages of what would be the new thread (because 1) it will be slow moving and 2) people post and repost about GAME STILL NEEDS SIGN UPS all the time in this thread and they could do that in the new thread ["Hey a new page, dont forget to signup for my game!"]) then they aren't making any effort and they don't really want to play mafia to begin with. It would be like saying "I want to go out tonight but I'm not going to get dressed."

basically this

if a player cannot put forth enough effort to find a game even in the current universe, i cannot imagine they would put forth enough effort in an actual game of mafia that it would be worth having them around in the first place

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

basically this

if a player cannot put forth enough effort to find a game even in the current universe, i cannot imagine they would put forth enough effort in an actual game of mafia that it would be worth having them around in the first place

Dammit I said this five pages ago

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

Dammit I said this five pages ago

sorry man there's too many posts in this thread

we should make a different thread to talk about how many threads we should have

Mafia: The Thread Discussion Thread

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

engaging with the community is not the same as playing games come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
someone else probably already made that joke

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

sorry man there's too many posts in this thread

we should make a different thread to talk about how many threads we should have

Mafia: The Thread Discussion Thread

I suggested that 100 pages ago!!!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

engaging with the community is not the same as playing games come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

True I engaged your mom in sexual intercourse but I never played a game with her. I only paid her 5 dollars

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And now, this...

A Description Of What Goon Avatars Really Look Like

Magnus Gallant: A middle aged lesbian with an addiction to beetroot

Diqnol: The chef at your favourite pizza restaurant

Asiina: A budget Pokémon

Pinterest Mom: The neverending void that is your life

Kumbamontu: Mark Wahlberg, but constipated

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

:siren: Important Announcement :siren:

This thread is now about CCKeane

Everyone post your favourite CCKeane moment.

CCKeane's ghost bullshit in the Pearl of Port Lourde game. :allears: We ended up using our assassin kill just to be safe instead of our ninja kill, which resulted in it getting tracked.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

chaoslord posted:

gently caress you. Trying to belittle this argument. This is for loving you and everyone else. We all loving gain by trying to appeal to a wider group of people and not the people that can stand the shitposting hub of Traditional Games that is this thread.

You can't even remember what it's about because half of you make it about completely irrelevant topics. Do you even realize how "People can't find a game to play" came about?

-Let's split the threads so people who aren't interested in the Crew Chat can still talk about Mafia
-Talk about Mafia in the Mafia announcement thread
-Then it will be harder to find Mafia games because the announcement thread is clogged with information not relevant to finding new games.
-There are so many other ways of finding games. *lists ways that make it harder to find games*
-No, all those ideas are terrible.
-I don't understand why you think it's so hard to find Mafia games here. Why do you like to argue?

You guys detract from the main point so hard and then argue everything else and make it sound like it was all about that.

Or maybe you found it difficult to keep track of the debate because of the considerate amount of useless content inbetween the debate points in this mess of a thread?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

True I engaged your mom in sexual intercourse but I never played a game with her. I only paid her 5 dollars

sorry, my mother doesn't have any body cavities

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why can't they just find games in the two existing recruitment threads, again?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

gently caress you. Trying to belittle this argument. This is for loving you and everyone else. We all loving gain by trying to appeal to a wider group of people and not the people that can stand the shitposting hub of Traditional Games that is this thread.

You can't even remember what it's about because half of you make it about completely irrelevant topics. Do you even realize how "People can't find a game to play" came about?

-Let's split the threads so people who aren't interested in the Crew Chat can still talk about Mafia
-Then it will be harder to find Mafia games because the announcement thread is clogged with information not relevant to finding new games.
-There are so many other ways of finding games. *lists ways that make it harder to find games*
-I don't understand why you think it's so hard to find Mafia games here. Why do you like to argue?

You guys detract from the main point so hard and then argue everything else and make it sound like it was all about that.

Or maybe you found it difficult to keep track of the debate because of the considerate amount of useless content inbetween the debate points in this mess of a thread?

Let's cease the debate. What would be the best case scenario in your opinion that would solve the problem?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Met posted:

chill dude, this isn't going to help

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
met is the hero we don't deserve

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Why can't they just find games in the two existing recruitment threads, again?

hahaha

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

sorry, my mother doesn't have any body cavities

I quit mom jokes dammit.

It's time for dad jokes.

I fisted your dads rear end and he said "can I have some more sir?"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

I quit mom jokes dammit.

It's time for dad jokes.

the force is my father and it has no rear end :smuggo:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sorry if this was answered it got buried under pages of buzzfeeds and infighting

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

I quit mom jokes dammit.

It's time for dad jokes.

I don't think that's really a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp