Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god Speed Racer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
awww I was hoping that meant they did an ep on the Wachowskis move :v:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I think it's twice a year, start of the year and end of summer. Also October is the Halloween Spooktacular.

January is worst of last year, not listener requests.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh god, I can't go back from knowing Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back is a thing, there's no going back now. I wish they'd just been trying to rob my house. :wth:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SKELETON GHOST posted:

The Flophouse would be ten times better without Elliot.

I'd actually listen to it if it wasn't for Elliot. That guy is comedy poison. I'd rather listen to a podcast that had a screechy half-broken air conditioner as one of the hosts.

GoutPatrol posted:

I miss the movie clips from WHM.

I do, too. I'm always thinking of sending them an email but then I realize it wouldn't do anything.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Elliot's the best, you dummies.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

cheerfullydrab posted:

I do, too. I'm always thinking of sending them an email but then I realize it wouldn't do anything.

Did they run into legal issues or something? I've always wondered about that, and the same with how they stopped using episode-relevant intro songs.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The goofy voiced try hard white guy quotient of even WHM took me an episode or two to tolerate, pretty sure the flophouse would kill me

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

flesh dance posted:

Did they run into legal issues or something? I've always wondered about that, and the same with how they stopped using episode-relevant intro songs.

They stopped with the songs because you can't use licensed material and be hosted by certain things. I think the clips were just because it was too much work for Andrew, or at least I remember reading something like that.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They do still do it occasionally, when something is particularly notable.

My favorite will always be "We Walk The Night" from Tuff Turf

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I greatly enjoyed the little musical interval they added in when they stopped recording Son of the Mask to investigate the one scene that Chris Cabin? saw on his version of the movie. It was just the perfect amount of time.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New WHM is up! It's for the Lifetime original Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life. This movie is hilarious, didn't someone here mention calling it in?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my loving god the smash cut of the little brother's thousand yard stare is as good as they described. :lol:

That said, the very beginning of the movie on YouTube is copyright blocked and I wanted to see the pretentious narration in the beginning. :(

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm just skimming through the movie and some of these lines are amazing. There's also a fantastic "parents being befuddled by pop-ups" scene.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Eric's so happy they finally got to do this movie. :3:

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

They stopped with the songs because you can't use licensed material and be hosted by certain things. I think the clips were just because it was too much work for Andrew, or at least I remember reading something like that.

Yeah, pulling clips is a surprising amount of work.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Evil Mastermind posted:

Eric's so happy they finally got to do this movie. :3:

The first scripted WHM - 5 years in the making!!! He's so proud of the fact he gets to use his lines :)

They have absolutely killed it the first 2 episodes back from break. Here's hoping for Ace Ventura 2 next week!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They've been on a hot streak since around the 200th episode, in my opinion, and that Cyberseduction episode absolutely absolutely killed.

I was thinking of what movie they could do next week, and my thought process went roughly "Jim Carrey has done lot of good movies, I wonder what they could even pick outside of... Jim Carrey has done a lot of terrible movies."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I hope it's that weird rubberface "movie"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That WHM anecdote in the Spawn episode about letting a kid get Mystic River'd is actually pretty disturbing and not funny. :wtf: dude

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheFallenEvincar posted:

That WHM anecdote in the Spawn episode about letting a kid get Mystic River'd is actually pretty disturbing and not funny. :wtf: dude

I don't remember that one. What was it?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't remember that one. What was it?
One of the guys remembers moviephoning Spawn or some film tangentially connected to the episode and while he was moviephoning some guy apparently grabbed a kid (who was just minding his own business) while going "Hey you! You hit my car didn't you? Get over here" and just took this kid away. That sort of situation. And the guy didn't call the cops or do anything about it. They were just sort of like Hah-hah! I knew you had blood on your hands man but I found it more disturbing than funny tbh.
Despite loving the show and having listened to a ton of eps I can't really put name or much individual identity to many of the WHM guys, they're just this collective and the guests switch out, so I forget who it was.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It was noted coward Steve Sadjak

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just finally listened to the two Mortal Kombat eps too, I'm glad they came up with two funny Raiden voices. "Your Mom's Dirtbag Boyfriend" Raiden and "Peter Lorre Verging on Triumph" Raiden (eh-heh).

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

TheFallenEvincar posted:

One of the guys remembers moviephoning Spawn or some film tangentially connected to the episode and while he was moviephoning some guy apparently grabbed a kid (who was just minding his own business) while going "Hey you! You hit my car didn't you? Get over here" and just took this kid away. That sort of situation. And the guy didn't call the cops or do anything about it. They were just sort of like Hah-hah! I knew you had blood on your hands man but I found it more disturbing than funny tbh.
Despite loving the show and having listened to a ton of eps I can't really put name or much individual identity to many of the WHM guys, they're just this collective and the guests switch out, so I forget who it was.

I think he was also, like, 12 or 13 at the time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I didn't facilitate a kidnapping...but I didn't stop one.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

bobservo posted:

I think he was also, like, 12 or 13 at the time.
Maybe, but poo poo it was still a pretty disturbing story (just like :lol: I guess that kid got raped murdered and disappeared!!!) and I'm pretty sure unless I were 10 or younger I would have had the sense to be like "Hmmm, a kid just got loving SNATCHED". Who can say though, it's easy to say that unless you're in the situation and I can't say I witnessed a kidnapping as a tween. :shrug: (but if it were thirteen tho seriously c'mon)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ohh right I remember that now. I dunno I could see freezing up in that situation and using humor as a coping mechanism. :shobon:

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Movie Mastery, from the goons behind the podcast System Mastery, did a review of the ICP movie Big Money Rustlas. It did not go as planned, and they ended up giving it their highest rating yet (out of like 7 or 8 total movie reviews but still). It was pretty hilarious hearing them come back after watching the movie and saying "Guys, I need you to pause the podcast right now and go to youtube and watch Big Money Rustlas to confirm that we aren't insane."

http://systemmasterypodcast.com/2015/09/10/movie-mastery-big-money-rustlas/

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Big Money Rustlas is v. dumb and v. bad but it's also 100% earnest in how bad and dumb it is and that leads to it having a weird kinda bad and dumb charm.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I haven't even listened to it yet, but my passing familiarity with the subject indicates a ten out of ten on the holy poo poo o meter

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Incidentally, as someone who loves the NBA almost as much as he loves movies one of my favorite lil random parts of WHM is their basketball jokes/references. Not many movie podcasts that throw out Michael Beasley jokes.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Which WHM was it where one of the guys talking about how they bullied a eldery husband and wife at the movies?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Elliot Kalan and Dan McCoy won Emmys. Kalan gave the thank you. He's a tiny tiny man.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

DrManiac posted:

Which WHM was it where one of the guys talking about how they bullied a eldery husband and wife at the movies?

It was in SWAT.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Reminds me of that gross story they told about seeing some old lady just chowing down on a big ol' stinky fish in a movie theater. I sneak in food all the time but you can't be smuggling in your friggin' fermented herrings in 'n poo poo.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

DoombatINC posted:

I haven't even listened to it yet, but my passing familiarity with the subject indicates a ten out of ten on the holy poo poo o meter

The episodes where the entire cast is delighted by the insanity of what they've just witnessed are my favorites of any bad movie podcast, and oh my god. Somebody in the comments also posted a link to Fateful Findings on youtube, and I've already What The hosed several times in the first five minutes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Crisco Kid posted:

The episodes where the entire cast is delighted by the insanity of what they've just witnessed are my favorites of any bad movie podcast, and oh my god. Somebody in the comments also posted a link to Fateful Findings on youtube, and I've already What The hosed several times in the first five minutes.

Please report back after you watch the press conference scene at the end. :allears:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Crisco Kid posted:

Somebody in the comments also posted a link to Fateful Findings on youtube

Thanks for the heads up, my plans for the night are now 1) watching this movie 2) learning how to live again after watching this movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not even 10 minutes in and already agree with Elliot that this could be my new The Room