Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010

Otto Quasar posted:

Does anyone have a good pic of an octopus in a tuxedo? I would very much appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This guy owns.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Otto Quasar posted:

Does anyone have a good pic of an octopus in a tuxedo? I would very much appreciate it.

Are mind flayers okay? There are a bunch of variants of them dressed in all sorts of outfits in the "Illithit Activities" arc of Rusty and Co.

http://rustyandco.com/comic/level-5-16/

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I'm running a dilapidated panopticon as a dungeon, and I need eyeball ghosts. Got anything good for me, thread?

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Heatwizard posted:

I'm running a dilapidated panopticon as a dungeon, and I need eyeball ghosts. Got anything good for me, thread?

I widened the scope of the search - hopefully, it yielded fruit for you.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

Otto Quasar posted:

How about a power suit?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
My friend is starting up a post-apoc wasteland game. Anyone got any wasteland assholes, but not from Mad Max?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

OB_Juan posted:

My friend is starting up a post-apoc wasteland game. Anyone got any wasteland assholes, but not from Mad Max?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Can I get some fantasy-setting vehicles? Not looking steam powered is a plus.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Bendigeidfran posted:

Narrow it down some? Outside of "Try Spelljammer!" I got nothin', but fantasy vehicles includes poo poo like hella rad wagons to airships.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Bendigeidfran posted:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Gamerofthegame posted:

Narrow it down some? Outside of "Try Spelljammer!" I got nothin', but fantasy vehicles includes poo poo like hella rad wagons to airships.

I'm looking for ground vehicles: wagons, cars, tanks, moving towers. But weirder things and airships that skirt the line around "hovercraft" should be fine.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Bendigeidfran posted:

I'm looking for ground vehicles: wagons, cars, tanks, moving towers. But weirder things and airships that skirt the line around "hovercraft" should be fine.

If you want wierd and magical, you can't go wrong with the Magnet Car, a perpetual motion-powered vehicle.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

RPZip posted:

Tieflings you say?

The Crotch posted:

Tieflings, eh? Alright, I-

Thanks guys, these are great.

Kind of makes me wonder though. Tieflings seem to look either villainous (or just criminal) or sophisticated when male, there's not a lot like this guy to go around:

Sorry to keep on about this, but there don't seem to be a lot of them that go against type. Where's the stout tieflings, or those with beards that aren't goatees or just weird spiky chin protrusions that are never mentioned in actual handbook description of the race? It's kind of odd. The fiendish parts are extremely varied, but the actual physical build tends to be fairly generic in tiefling art. Hot ladies and fit guys.

I always figured tieflings should be about as varied as humans, and it implies that in the books, but the art usually isn't. Taking examples from TV, where's tieflings that are built like the fat one from Gargoyles (Broadway?) or rock a beard like Hudson? :v:

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

There are the Qunari from Dragon Age. They might serve to round out your cast of demonkin.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Psykmoe posted:

Where's the stout tieflings,

Dungeon magazine, November 2005

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
here's one for the vehicles guy

http://i.imgur.com/KoHmHx7.webm

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember reading some time back about a piece of art that was intended for an MTG card but the artist went completely off-spec and it ended up in a 4e book. Does anyone have the picture? Or remember what book it ended up in?

EDIT: Found it! Dragon 382!

Psykmoe posted:

Thanks guys, these are great.

Kind of makes me wonder though. Tieflings seem to look either villainous (or just criminal) or sophisticated when male, there's not a lot like this guy to go around:

Sorry to keep on about this, but there don't seem to be a lot of them that go against type. Where's the stout tieflings, or those with beards that aren't goatees or just weird spiky chin protrusions that are never mentioned in actual handbook description of the race? It's kind of odd. The fiendish parts are extremely varied, but the actual physical build tends to be fairly generic in tiefling art. Hot ladies and fit guys.

I always figured tieflings should be about as varied as humans, and it implies that in the books, but the art usually isn't. Taking examples from TV, where's tieflings that are built like the fat one from Gargoyles (Broadway?) or rock a beard like Hudson? :v:
For what it's worth, the picture of the tiefling you posted earlier came from the Pathfinder book Blood of Fiends, which has some pretty different-looking folks in it in addition to glowering dudes and bondage ladies.

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 19, 2015

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

OB_Juan posted:

Sorry to be late on this, but when Imgur did their site update it messed up some of my albums. This one at least is working properly.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
More tief for your tief needs. Some are qunari

--------------

by Ymirr; ???; Nick Robles; Damien Mammoliti

by Yngvar Asplund; Artur Zima; Drew Whitmore; Kelli Renee Cairns

by Peter Mohrbacher; Jason Nguyen; Ashley Cope; Reuben Liew

by Alexandra Semushina; Liiga Smilshkalne; Marta Daahlig; Sandra Duchiewicz

by Anne Teensma; Minttu Hyninnen; Miguel Regodon; Keun Ju Kim

by Tahra

Psykmoe posted:

by Guido Kuip; njay; Caboodle; Victor Manuel Leza

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Oh my god it's like the Aztec empire survived to the modern day. Where has this been all my life?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Oh my god it's like the Aztec empire survived to the modern day. Where has this been all my life?

That looks more Zulu than Aztec to me. Still really sweet though.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Just gonna leave this here and assume it doesn't need to be tIMG'd.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks folks! very helpful!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Looking for a big batch of 1930s portraits for Trail of Cthulhu. Anyone have a dump of them somewhere?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
One thing I always liked about Tiefling aesthetics is that male horns generally go up and female horns generally go back

Ghilz
Jun 15, 2007
In confusion there is opportunity
Got a player who is playing a Bullywug Wizard. Not had much luck with a Bullywug who looks more wizard-y and less Shaman-y.

Cambrinus
Jan 3, 2007

The Duke of Beer
Your player should stop playing a wizard and play this instead:

Serious, if a little basic option:

Slann are also pretty cool, but definitely on the shaman side:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ghilz posted:

Got a player who is playing a Bullywug Wizard. Not had much luck with a Bullywug who looks more wizard-y and less Shaman-y.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Cambrinus posted:

Your player should stop playing a wizard and play this instead:

Man, Bryan Syme's characters may always look a little stiff and he can make the occasional perspective gaffe, but if he keeps drawing god drat cool rear end poo poo like this I'm gonna have to come around on him. :allears:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Ghilz posted:

Check out this miniature.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Ghilz posted:

http://houseoforr.com/page/1

Almost every page of this comic has an adorable frog wizard.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
How about a lizard wizard?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
no, he's a creep

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Does anyone have some jolly skeletons? Something like Brook from One Piece.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
You wanna try looking for fanart of Papyrus and Sans, the skeleton brothers from the game Undertale.

They're goofy as heck.

Watch out for massive spoilers on some of the fanart, though, which is why I didn't just post a whole bunch here.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I have a fairly specific request if you all would indulge it. I have a set of Warmachine Khador war robits and pseudo Russian soldiers, and was brainstorming some concepts to inspire my work on them. I thought that since some of them work for a fairly direct Baba Yaga analog under "well, we can't say no" circumstances against forest druids, eventually, the mysticism and superstitions of their situation would win through.

This would manifest visually as furtively placed charms, raven bits, symbols, and so on (the chosen animal of Not Baba), as well as attributing personalities to their robot comrades, painting eyes and non-standard color patterns on them. So the bases and scenery would be Russian Taiga, considering the conflict, and some borrowed symbology, especially for eyes and eye like symbols to place on the bots and their shields.

Does anyone have anything that might inspire in that direction? I'm entertaining the idea of going with the Cossack/Mongol angle some of the background takes but replacing that with shapes and colors from continental Asian stuff, like stylized tiger eyes and such.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
This has bound to be asked before, though there isn't anything on the image board, really.

I need kung-fu women, preferably of darker complexions. Women who will kick your sword-wielding face. Monks, etc.

Edit: Bonus points if you don't just post Korra.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"